All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
5190 Hidalgo St, Houston, TX, 77056, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Close to any part that we go to"
My family enjoy the hotel
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Calimano
"Never Again - Waste of Money"
First off there was never any mention of a renovation going on when I called to confirm my reservation the day before my arrival. The first room I got smelled like dead fish, so they moved us to another room on the 3rd floor right under the 4th floor construction. The front desk said that the water would be periodically shut off, but would give guests notice before it was off. That did not happen. Water was off at different days and times and no one ever knew how long it would take. Had to take showers at a friend's hotel to attend events. The renovation crew started before 8:00 a.m. every morning. It was loud everyday until 5 p.m. The photos of the breakfast buffet must be at another hotel because it was nothing like the photos. They didn't offer anymore than any other hotel except that the waffle maker was broke all week. The rooms that faced the street are extremely noisey. They did not have black out curtains, just a sheer curtain. I emailed the general manager and still haven't gotten a reply on at least some type of credit. The place was definitely not worth the price even if there wasn't construction. The only good thing was the location to the Galleria mall, but there are plenty of other hotels just as close.
4 night trip May 31, 2014
"Nice but Uncomfortable"
The hotel was very clean and nice. The beds had full size pillows which was nice but the mattress was quite uncomfortable. Extremely firm! Like sleeping on the floor.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Rich
Disappointment for the money spent.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Wayne
"Would stay here again"
location is great. close to galleria and to main avenue where all the stores and restaurants are.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
"I paid how much?"
Very worn and run down, especially given the price compared to others nearby.
2 night family trip Mar 24, 2014
"Big enough for all 5 of us"
Stayed a few nights with my 4 sisters so we could attend our brother's wedding. We were very happy to see such a big room with a pull out couch and 2 bathrooms! Very good breakfast and walking distance to so many things. Would for sure stay here again if I had to do it all over again. Very pleased with the whole weekend!
4 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
nanc
"Just Perfect"
The suites are perfect for something other than a regular hotel room. Kitchen is convenient and separate living area gives you room to chill. Very quiet, nice pool and really comfortable lounge area with a fireplace in the lobby. We will definitely stay here again. Oh yeah, and literally 1/2 block from the Galleria, you can walk to it. And 3 very good restaurants right across the street.
2 night trip Mar 15, 2014
R McGee
Comfortable, clean and very affordable but perhaps a little outdated. The free breakfast was decent, but nothing to write home about. It was nice to stay somewhere that was also pet friendly.
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
"I have found my new favorite hotel"
I booked this hotel, simply as a place for us to lay our heads after the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. When booking, I was looking for location & price as my key points. Sonesta went above and beyond....It is located in the Galleria area, which was only 15min from Reliant & the price was extremely affordable. When I checked in, they informed me that the room I booked was not available. Unlike other hotels that will offer other types of rooms, which end up meaning you compromise...she slid my room keys to me and said "we have upgraded you to a 2 bedroom room free of charge." I was beyond pleased with the room--I say "room" loosely.....it was really like a 2 bedroom apartment. The living room is completely separate from the sleeping quarters. Both bedrooms have there own bathroom--this certainly helped when we were all getting ready. The beds are the most comfortable beds--soft and fluffy, great pillows too! If I didn't have to be up and out early...I would have definitely slept right up until checkout. There was also a HUGE corner veranda with a table and chairs to sit outside. I look forward to staying there again...It is the perfect set up for a fun girls wkend.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
KaytieDyd
A little pricie
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
The rooms were a little out dated electronics wise, and the young kid at the front desk has a very dry personality for being in a customer service position that reflects the business. Other then that we enjoyed our stay all 4 days. Thanks so much the hotel
3 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Very relaxing weekend, felt like I was home. Will be back
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
P. Uzomah
"Great experience"
My stay at the Sonesta ES was a wonderful experience. The breakfast bar and the patio was amazing and the fitness center was just enough. I would like to thank hotel staff Kathy and Omar for making stay so pleasant and for treating my son and I like we were very important to the Sonesta organization. I did not do any research on Sonesta ES before my stay, I just took a gamble and what a gamble it turned out to be. I will recommend the Sonesta ES hotel at Houston Galleria to all of my friens and family and I myself will book another stay in the furture. Thank you again Sonesta ES team for a wonderful and pleasant stay.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2014
"great find in the galleriea"
Great little property in the Galleria. Front desk staff was very nice. Omar checked me in. He was a delight. Had one issue with a toilet and the maintenance man was very nice. He fixed it quickly and apologized for any inconvenience. Very pleasant stay. Very happy. We will stay here again for sure.
3 night business trip Feb 27, 2014
Suzan
Overall stay was enjoyable. Location close to Galeria downtown. Room was good and staff was very friendly. Will stay there again if I am in the area.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Bobby
"Convenient"
It is a comfortable and convenient hotel for a businessman.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
"coldest day of the year in Houston without heat"
The hotel over all was ok. Its clean and extremely well located. only big huge problem was when we woke up there was no heat or hot water so we're had to leave with out a shower to work. We change hotel next day... Breakfast was decent nothing extraordinary!
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2014
Carla
"Galleria"
Excellent location and helpful Hotel Staff makes your stay memorable
5 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
"nice experience with some details"
The hotel has a great location. The room was clean and nice but the tv model was very old. Everything was fine until the last night. There was an electricity issue and for several hours we were out of water. I did knew the cause of that. It was my only inconvenience
2 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
julian
"Clean and comfortable"
Our visit started off with a shock, as the room in which we were to stay was already occupied. Hotel staff was also shocked and very apologetic, and the room we ended up in was clean and comfortable - although being on the side of the hotel facing a busy street, was not as quiet as the original room would have been. Breakfast was okay but I would have expected higher quality from this hotel. The bagels, for example, were moderate grocery store quality. Complimentary parking was a great service.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2014
Glass lady
"Location at a price"
Great Galleria location. A lot of small problems highlited by a backed up toilet. Never repaired correctly over a two day stay. At over $300 with taxes for a small suite not a great value
2 night trip Jan 14, 2014
Was great for myself and kids , close to Galleria mall. Breakfast can be improved! But we were overall happy with our stay .
2 night trip Jan 11, 2014
"great location"
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2014
"Easy to move"
Excellent lo catión
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2013
"good location, normal service"
The location is super good, just 2minutes can reach galleria shopping center. The reception guy didn't know much about the service and was nervous when introduced. The breakfast was good. The room is very normal, and the shower was broken...the maintenance people repaired it for half an hour.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Christina Wang
"Great Location and needs small upgrades to be grea"
FANTASTIC LOCATION. Right behind the Houston Galleria. Decent Rooms and pretty comfortable. Downside - breakfast food is TERRIBLE (especially the eggs and bacon) and fruit selection was extremely limited; however, still enough there to get by. Plenty of towels, pillows, etc in room and kitchen is nice to have if you are staying for a long time (over a week). If the breakfast food improves, this hotel gets a 5 rating.
4 night trip Dec 15, 2013
Bobby Schiff
This hotel is only 2 blocks to Nordstroms which allows you quick access to the Galleria Mall. The lobby is very inviting and clean. The staff is very helpful and nice. The rooms aren't quite what I expected and the bathrooms aren't up to par. Cracked tiles, low water pressure and not as clean as I believe it could have been. I have stayed here twice but only because of location. If it's location at a good price it's what your looking for.
2 night business trip Dec 16, 2013
"GREAT HOTEL, GREAT PRICES"
Got married on Saturday, had the room from Friday to Monday. I really liked it. Free breakfast, free parking, free internet... Awesome.
3 night romance trip Dec 13, 2013
Jackie
"Issues"
Great service at check-in able to correct a hotels.com issue that I had with upgrading the Room to fit our needs. Son opened the refrigerator door and the handle broke off. While checking out we were told we were charged $50 for the damage even though the handle showed cracks and rust. After complaining and calling when not called back by the manager I was informed the $50 had already been credited back to us. The breakfast was great. The carpets were dirty in the room and the desk chair was peeling but we weren't charged for those. You will run into Galleria traffic in this area which was a slight issue for us getting to our events on time.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
"Wonderful"
My kids and I really enjoyed the rooms it was walking distance to the Gallaria which was perfect
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"Very good Hotel and Pet friendly"
Excellent hotel, pet friendly, affordable pet fees, the location is perfect a block from The Galleria. The food is great, they have these mixers at night some weekdays were they offer snacks and desserts for free.
5 night trip Nov 24, 2013
"Great price"
After reading all of the reviews I booked a three night stay. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. This is a no frills hotel so don't room service but it was very clean and worth the money.
3 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"Nice suite close to Galleria"
Nice and clean rooms. The TV's need to be updated to flat screens especially for the neighborhood that the hotel is in. There should be nice finishes in all rooms due to its location. No problems with the cleanliness of the room and the hotel staff. Nice stay!
3 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Carlis
"sonesta suites"
Not bad, good location. Toilet leaked in first room. Had to move to another room.
3 night trip Nov 13, 2013
"Great Stay!"
The Sonesta ES Suites is a great hotel for business travel! The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the location is great. The service at this hotel is exceptional- the staff are incredibly helpful and kind. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any other traveller. The galleria area is also very convenient- lots of shopping, but also easy freeway access if you need to travel around a bit.
3 night business trip Oct 20, 2013
Miranda
"great for families"
We were nervous about staying in a hotel with a toddler, but choosing a suite with a separate bedroom really worked for us. For some reason, we ended up in the handicapped room, so the shower wasn't full sized and there were a few other quirks, however the cleanliness and other amenities such as the breakfast made up for it. It worked out that we were right next to the Galleria as we had to pick up some additional clothes due to the weather. Good hotel, would stay there again if I were ever going back to Texas.
3 night family trip Oct 15, 2013
Katy
"Comfy"
Very comfortable room and great customer service.
3 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
Ray
"Good Value"
The overall value of the hotel was good. The only disappointing part of the trip was at check-in. The staff was not friendly and slightly rude. I did not have any problems with the room itself and found it to be okay. The air was very loud but I was told that during their renovation that will be corrected. I would not stay again because of the rudeness upon check-in.
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
"Way better than I expected"
I never post reviews and I'm not sure why I'm doing this one - if too many people know how good this place is the rates will go up and it'll be full, and I won't get to stay again! Finding good places to stay is difficult and traveller ratings really help, so I hope this helps someone. I was on a business trip and needed a weekend room. Weekend rates are really good (a lot more expensive in the week). I liked pretty much everything - a good spacious room with good aircon, and a very comfortable bed. They're the key things, but there were lots of extras - a really good breakfast including hot items, kitchenette in the room, a small fitness room, free laundry with inexpensive washing powder on sale at reception, helpful and friendly desk staff, good wifi with a strong and unbroken signal, enough to stream video. And the location is great. I'd stay here again like a shot!
3 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
DWB
"couple getaway"
the sonesta was centrally located walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go. the room was clean, good breakfast variety, the a/c thermostat was a bit off but this would not deter me from staying at this property again. my husband said it was like home away from home. this will be our go to spot next time we are in Houston.
2 night romance trip Sep 27, 2013
ms. s
"Great hotel for the money"
We stayed 1 night at the hotel and enjoyed it. Clean room, well-appointed, nice breakfast, friendly service, free parking, great location. You can spend a lot more in this area for less.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
JP
"Delightful Stay"
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sonesta ES Suites. Wonderful service from hotel staff. Hotel Shuttle in the evenings--an added perk!
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
ACE
"3-day business trip"
Good for the money. Clean room, but needs new carpeting. Only real negative was no cold water - only hot.
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2013
"terrible"
This is a wonderful location but the rooms smell like Indian food and everything is extremely old. Many of the lesser brand hotels in the area are much more modern and nicer for the same or less money.
2 night business trip Sep 15, 2013
"Didn't even stay the last night."
This was a huge disappointment. Looks nice from the outside but is ancient on the inside. Old tube TVs, old furniture, low ceilings, just old!! I could live with that though...I couldn't live with the overwhelming smell of curry!! These rooms have kitchens and are full of foreigners cooking a mix of ethnic foods. Was supposed to be here three days and just took the loss the third day and got a new hotel. For the same money or less, there are much nicer hotels near by.
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2013
"Great fro business trip"
Very comfortable, good price, good breakfast and evening "happy hour", close to restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff. AC (hot outside) and wifi (one reason for choice) worked well. Kitchenette is very handy (another reason for choice). In-room coffee from NOLA, bonus!
5 night business trip Jul 28, 2013
"weekend stay"
Good, lots of amenities in the room as it is set up for extended stay. Had problem with commode, poorly installed and would not shut off totally, hotel fixed it same day after alerting them.Breakfast area very nice and served a nice breakfast of cooked food, not simply warmed up processed stuff. Good location.
3 night trip Aug 31, 2013
MS
"Houston trip"
We will definitely stay at the hotel again next time we are in Houston. Hot breakfast was great, staffs were wonderful, and the location next to the Gallaria mall is awesome! Although the hotel needs a little updating, you can't beat the price.
4 night family trip Aug 29, 2013
M. T.
The staff could not have been nicer! This will certainly be my Houston stay.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013