All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
5190 Hidalgo St, Houston, TX, 77056, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Will stay again"
The hotel is being renovated and I'm sure it will be a much nicer place to stay when completed. The courtyard is a lovely place to sit in the evening and unwind. The only complaint I have is the breakfast on Sunday morning was wiped out before it ended, there wasn't a drop of coffee to be had, and no one attending to it could me found by me or the other guests!
4 night business trip May 13, 2015
Lee
"Great place"
Great place, has all that you would need for extended stay. The place is under renovation but they really have it together. Almost done and it was quiet while they were working. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Will make this my default extended stay place
4 night trip May 17, 2015
"NO GOOD!"
Online it stated that a roll a way bed would be available if needed. We asked the guy at the front desk for one and he said he didnt know what that was. We explained, then he said " i dont think we have those". I was unaware of the construction that was going on with the property so the walk to the room from parking was totally out of the way. The Air in the room wouldnt come on so it was about a muggy 75 degrees on the room all night. My stay was not pleasant and I will not be booking here again.
1 night business trip May 2, 2015
"clean room, inconvenient construction"
The staff could have been much more accomodating since the "lobby" was a desk in a portable trailer! Very off putting. Room was clean and decent kitchen. This will be a much better hotel when everything is done in April. Wait til then if you can! I think the staff should have offered some type of extra to customers putting up with dirty hallways, noisy construction and inability to get anywhere but to one hallway of the hotel. I don't feel I paid less because of the inconvenience at all. If so not enough!
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Hope
Wonderful.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Mario
"Under Construction"
This hotel is under construction. We didn't know this when we stayed here with our one year old this past weekend. There is plastic sheeting everywhere, no lobby, one crummy elevator and your breakfast is not a buffet as promised. It's pre-packaged food. The room was nice but they put us over the lobby which is where all the hammering and drilling was happening. I would recommend waiting until it's done, then stay. It'll be a nice hotel next door to the Galleria.
3 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Can't complain, happy stay"
Me and my mom stayed here for a night for my friend's wedding in Houston. I didn't know that the hotel is under construction. The front desk was set up outside in a trailer type office, Shawn the receptionist was very nice. I understand that the hotel is going through a revamp so I understand that it will not look at its best. The staff are very nice.i almost lost my friends' wedding gift but they saved it for me. Cleanliness of room is superb, very nice cozy rooms with great design. We were very comfortable in our stay, I just wish there were more towels as I requested upon reservation online and more pillows.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
catherine
"Staff rude"
rudest staff I've ever delt with
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Weekend in Houston"
Considering they are remodeling it was a good weekend. I was concerned that the office was in a trailer so there was no presence of front desk help or security.
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
karon
"Weekend staycation"
Public areas are under construction. I absolutely loved my suite. Colors, furnishings and accents were perfect.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
diana
"Breakfast unaccommodating for us"
I gave it a 3 overall because the breakfast wasn't what we expected and we didn't expect for any construction to be going on. One reason why we chose this hotel was not only due to location but also breakfast accommodations. From pictures we saw online of the breakfast area from sites such as trip advisor and the hotel's main website we thought the breakfast would be buffet style which included bacon and eggs among other things but in reality it consisted of a continental style breakfast which we never book hotels that include this type of dinner. I understand that the hotel was under construction in the lobby area and that they had to make other breakfast accommodations for their guest but it would have been nice that we knew this before we booked the hotel, if we had known we would not have booked it.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Shelia
"I don't recommend. Seems like a shady manager"
Hotel under construction. Smelly. Very uncomfortable for safety reasons. Breakfast terrible. They also charge you automatically $50 and for incidentals automatically
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Teri
"Under Construction"
They were still performing construction on tho Lobby area, so most of the hotel was blocked off. and the breakfast was a grab n go basis. They kept the breakfast fully stocked which was good. but lacking on the hot breakfast. The room was great and it completely met our needs. The beds were a bit small. But I was satisfied and comfortable. I would love to go back once the construction is complete.
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
"Happy with stay"
Only issue was that the lobby was under construction. The room, the hallways were already newly painted/upgraded. It was visibly very clean. Breakfast bar had enough items. The hotel was also very close to many restaurants. Front desk person was very amiable.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"came during renovations"
Well, I came in the bad time. When they were doing renovations so things were little disordered when entering the hotel. And the neighboring guests I had around near my room were younger people because they came in late early morning hours drunk sometimes you can hear them throw up next door loud.
5 night trip Jan 29, 2015
Alan
"H-town"
The stay was great. Only downside was we were right next to the door and by it being the weekend it was pretty loud. Other than that would stay anytime.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Dorian
"great stay even under construction"
Our stay was great! Even though their lobby was under construction the staff was still patient and kind. We had a nice clean room. The next day, our room was clean & the cleaning staff did a great job. Breakfast was relocated to a room on the second floor & it was good. Still served hot breakfast & cold breakfast. It was very close to the galleria & a short drive to NRG park. We will be visiting again.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
The hotel is under renovation which has a bearing on the overall rating. I would stay here again when the renovations are complete. Located within a short walk to Nordstrom's and the Galleria. The rooms were nice size, with appropriate items for an extended stay hotel.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay"
Very nice hotel, me and my girlfriend really liked how close it was to the galleria. literally a 3 minute walk
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Ramon
"Nice quaint place"
Very quaint little room with the convenience of a kitchen and a comfy bed. It is under renovation on the ground floor, and although We were staying on the 2nd floor they did a good job placing us where we couldn't hear any noise. The only issue we had was that we kept having water droplets on the kitchen floor. We searched where it could have come from, and as crazy as it sounds, the only conclusion we could make was that it was seeping through the floor. Regardless of this, I'd stay again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
Carla
"remodeling gave us the blues"
My husband & I stayed the weekend for our anniversary. The only reason I'm giving the hotel a 3 out of 5 on the overall condition is because they were remodeling during our stay & while I know those things are needed,it was very inconvenient. We were happy with the room but due to the remodel the "breakfast buffet" was that they turned one of the suites into a continental grab & go breakfast. The little sausage biscuits were terrible, overall breakfast was very disappointing. Despite those inconveniences we would stay there again simply because of its good rates & its centrally located to loads of attractions.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Crystal
"Wonderful"
We really enjoyed , the location was perfect ,
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
renee
"Construction everywhere Don't stay until it's over"
Construction in lobby a huge problem
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"Convenient location and comfortable rooms."
Despite the ongoing renovation, the rooms were clean and pretty and all hotel services were operating. Staff was helpful and very polite too.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Yannis
"Will stay here again"
Although the hotel was under renovation, we were quite comfortable in the one bedroom suite for 6 nights.
6 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Never again!"
Hotel was being renovated. No lobby! Guest registration was in a trailer. Had to wait outside for 10 minutes til someone came to door. Breakfast was 'to go' and awful. Book two rooms for 12 of us. Air went out in one room and there was no maintenance staff available to service. Was told that we could move up two floors...no customer service compensation offered or given. Will not stay again.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Jacquelin
"Great place for the Galleria area"
The hotel is still undergoing renovation but its was not inconvenient at all.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Our 3 day stay there was great. Rooms and kitchen clean and modern., beds very comfortable. Good neighborhood--felt safe and the staff at the front desk was very helpful and polite.
3 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2014
This was our 4th or 5th time staying at the sonesta. All other times were excellent but this time not so much. There was construction going on the 3rd floor while we were on the 2nd floor. It was very noisy not to mention all the equipment that was right outside our window. We will try it again though.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
jerry
"Close to any part that we go to"
My family enjoy the hotel
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Calimano
"Never Again - Waste of Money"
First off there was never any mention of a renovation going on when I called to confirm my reservation the day before my arrival. The first room I got smelled like dead fish, so they moved us to another room on the 3rd floor right under the 4th floor construction. The front desk said that the water would be periodically shut off, but would give guests notice before it was off. That did not happen. Water was off at different days and times and no one ever knew how long it would take. Had to take showers at a friend's hotel to attend events. The renovation crew started before 8:00 a.m. every morning. It was loud everyday until 5 p.m. The photos of the breakfast buffet must be at another hotel because it was nothing like the photos. They didn't offer anymore than any other hotel except that the waffle maker was broke all week. The rooms that faced the street are extremely noisey. They did not have black out curtains, just a sheer curtain. I emailed the general manager and still haven't gotten a reply on at least some type of credit. The place was definitely not worth the price even if there wasn't construction. The only good thing was the location to the Galleria mall, but there are plenty of other hotels just as close.
4 night trip May 31, 2014
"Nice but Uncomfortable"
The hotel was very clean and nice. The beds had full size pillows which was nice but the mattress was quite uncomfortable. Extremely firm! Like sleeping on the floor.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Rich
Disappointment for the money spent.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Wayne
"Would stay here again"
location is great. close to galleria and to main avenue where all the stores and restaurants are.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
"I paid how much?"
Very worn and run down, especially given the price compared to others nearby.
2 night family trip Mar 24, 2014
"Big enough for all 5 of us"
Stayed a few nights with my 4 sisters so we could attend our brother's wedding. We were very happy to see such a big room with a pull out couch and 2 bathrooms! Very good breakfast and walking distance to so many things. Would for sure stay here again if I had to do it all over again. Very pleased with the whole weekend!
4 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
nanc
"Just Perfect"
The suites are perfect for something other than a regular hotel room. Kitchen is convenient and separate living area gives you room to chill. Very quiet, nice pool and really comfortable lounge area with a fireplace in the lobby. We will definitely stay here again. Oh yeah, and literally 1/2 block from the Galleria, you can walk to it. And 3 very good restaurants right across the street.
2 night trip Mar 15, 2014
R McGee
Comfortable, clean and very affordable but perhaps a little outdated. The free breakfast was decent, but nothing to write home about. It was nice to stay somewhere that was also pet friendly.
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
"I have found my new favorite hotel"
I booked this hotel, simply as a place for us to lay our heads after the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. When booking, I was looking for location & price as my key points. Sonesta went above and beyond....It is located in the Galleria area, which was only 15min from Reliant & the price was extremely affordable. When I checked in, they informed me that the room I booked was not available. Unlike other hotels that will offer other types of rooms, which end up meaning you compromise...she slid my room keys to me and said "we have upgraded you to a 2 bedroom room free of charge." I was beyond pleased with the room--I say "room" loosely.....it was really like a 2 bedroom apartment. The living room is completely separate from the sleeping quarters. Both bedrooms have there own bathroom--this certainly helped when we were all getting ready. The beds are the most comfortable beds--soft and fluffy, great pillows too! If I didn't have to be up and out early...I would have definitely slept right up until checkout. There was also a HUGE corner veranda with a table and chairs to sit outside. I look forward to staying there again...It is the perfect set up for a fun girls wkend.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2014
KaytieDyd
"Possibly the worst experience with a hotel ever."
First I did not even stay. I actually called in the reservation because I had to be able to check-in early because I had an early meeting that I need to clean up before hand so I need the hotel to be contacted before hand to insure a early check-in other wise I need to find another hotel. So the lady helping me said she call the hotel and assured me I could check in right away so I booked the room. I showed up and guess what....there was not a room ready. So I had to wait 45 minutes for my room. I then go up to my room and wow the smell when I opened the door was awful!! At this point I am now very pressed for time do to the 45 minute wait. So I just go the the shower and turn on the water.....but nothing comes out. I call the front desk and say there is not water coming out of my shower and she informs me that the water is out until 4pm! What?!?!?!?!? So when I checked in room was not ready, it smelled awful and had no running water. So I just walked out. I found another hotel on my own and then called Hotels.com to file a complaint and guess what.....I was told their system was down and to just call back in 1 - 2 hours. Wow.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2014
rvbman68
A little pricie
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
The rooms were a little out dated electronics wise, and the young kid at the front desk has a very dry personality for being in a customer service position that reflects the business. Other then that we enjoyed our stay all 4 days. Thanks so much the hotel
3 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Very relaxing weekend, felt like I was home. Will be back
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
P. Uzomah
"Great experience"
My stay at the Sonesta ES was a wonderful experience. The breakfast bar and the patio was amazing and the fitness center was just enough. I would like to thank hotel staff Kathy and Omar for making stay so pleasant and for treating my son and I like we were very important to the Sonesta organization. I did not do any research on Sonesta ES before my stay, I just took a gamble and what a gamble it turned out to be. I will recommend the Sonesta ES hotel at Houston Galleria to all of my friens and family and I myself will book another stay in the furture. Thank you again Sonesta ES team for a wonderful and pleasant stay.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2014
"great find in the galleriea"
Great little property in the Galleria. Front desk staff was very nice. Omar checked me in. He was a delight. Had one issue with a toilet and the maintenance man was very nice. He fixed it quickly and apologized for any inconvenience. Very pleasant stay. Very happy. We will stay here again for sure.
3 night business trip Feb 27, 2014
Suzan
Overall stay was enjoyable. Location close to Galeria downtown. Room was good and staff was very friendly. Will stay there again if I am in the area.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Bobby
"Convenient"
It is a comfortable and convenient hotel for a businessman.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
"coldest day of the year in Houston without heat"
The hotel over all was ok. Its clean and extremely well located. only big huge problem was when we woke up there was no heat or hot water so we're had to leave with out a shower to work. We change hotel next day... Breakfast was decent nothing extraordinary!
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2014
Carla
"Galleria"
Excellent location and helpful Hotel Staff makes your stay memorable
5 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
no water; no electricity; no idea when it was going to get fixed; pricing was a rip off.
4 night trip Jan 21, 2014