All hotels in Aurora, Illinois, United States of America
2625 W Sullivan Road, Aurora, IL, 60506, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

The Candlewood Suites in Aurora provided excellent service and amenities for the price. We were attending a wedding in Batavia and stayed 2 nights. The snack shop, based on an honor system, was very convenient. The hotel staff was very friendly and willing to go the extra mile for any requests. Full sized refrigerators and the stove top and sink were nice extras. The location was great for us, although Google sent us in the wrong direction at the Sullivan and Orchard intersection (you need to go west). The surrounding area was very nice and peaceful. The hotel sits among some small corn fields, but is very close to the shops and restaurants. Our room was very clean, although it smelled a little like smoke or musty when we first arrived, but after running the air and opening the window it was fine the rest of the stay. The entire facility is nonsmoking. Other than the occasional door closing our room was very quiet and the bed very comfortable. You do need to request linens if you want them changed, but that wasn't a big deal to us. They also had a nice little exercise facility. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for extended stays and events in the western suburbs of the Chicago area.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2012
one night -- it was fine. will stop again.
Family trip Oct 7, 2012
g schick
Very nice hotel and the staff was extremely professional and curtious. I will stay at Candlewood Suites Hotels on future trips.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2012
"Very Relaxing!"
I loved my room & slept peacefully. Only stayed one night, but it was very quiet & relaxing. Away from the main street just enough to not hear any traffic, but in an undeveloped area so no sights to see.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
A Brown
"Good stay"
My stay was good overall except I kept having issues with my access card to the room. I had to change the cards three times. I was instructed to keep the card in the sleeve ((which I did) and I still got locked out.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2012
R. W.
"Candlewood Suites Aurora - clean and basic."
There was a glitch at first . I arrived at 11 am and needed to change immediately into another outfit for a wedding that I had to leave for right away. The receptionist was adamant that check-in was not until 3 pm since check-out for the departing guests wasn't until 11 am. As a very experienced business traveler, I had never been told that before. I began to call immediately around the area for an alternative hotel that could take me right then. It may have been that, or a second thought on the part of the receptionist, but he suddenly said there was a room available. When I got into the the room, it clearly it had just been cleaned (wet floors, etc) and was spotless. After returning after the wedding, I checked it more closely and was impressed with the hygiene. After that initial snafu, all else was pretty good. There is no free breakfast, just coffee and they have a pantry with basics that can be purchased. Otherwise, there is a Panera and other chains within a close driving (or jogging) distance
Other trip Aug 7, 2012
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2013
vjames
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
Response by Candlewood Suites Aurora-Naperville
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a review. We are thrilled to hear your stay was a good one, and hope we are turning you in to a true Candlewood patron. We here at the CandleWood Aurora/Naperville take pride in our hotel being very clean, staff being very friendly/helpful and going above and beyond our guests expectations. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the Aurora/Naperville area you select us again and we can continue to exceed your expectations.
Business trip May 28, 2013

KR

TripAdvisor reviews for Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville

"Poor service"
06/30/15 Espi52 Denver, Colorado
Stayed there for a night. The quality was average. The front desk service was uniformly bad. While checking in, we had to wait for a long time because the person at the desk had disappeared. Got a phone call (automated) at 4 AM in the morning welcoming us to the hotel. Next day a different staff member at the desk was very busy at the computer and answered the question (about the phone call) with less interest.
"Irresponsible & Incompetent"
06/23/15 w999 Toronto, Canada
I arrived at 9:30 on a weeknight to be told that they had overbooked the hotel and didn't have a room for me. There was zero attempt to contact me and warn me of this in advance. Zero offer to book me at their expense elsewhere. Just a shrug, basically. Thank you for wasting my time and stressing me out when I have meeting early the next day. Shame.
"Nice place. Not up to par..."
06/05/15 Wendy W Aurora, Illinois
Candlewood isnt a BAD place to stay. It is nice and very clean. Staff were all nice to us during our stay for most part. We have stayed in the property many times. Candlewoods are pretty nice so we chose to stay in this due to the oversize kitchen. Katie the sales manager told us 30 minutess before we checked in that the bedroom suite was available which we wanted when we called. Not even 30 minutes later Upon check in, I was told by staff member that they were sold out for months and this room was never available to begin with and wont be available till couple more months later. So, bait and switch Katherine? You have not returned our calls/vmail to this day.. Reluctantly, we got a room and stayed in the 3rd floor for couple days and one of the rooms towards the end of the hall sounded of adult/teenager sexual noises which I am surprised no one complained about. Noise went on for hours.Us traveling with kids, this was very awkward. I told my daughter it is someone's dog when she asked - they are pet friendly. I can even hear that on the opposite side of the hallway and even below. This made sleeping from our long trip harder on us. Like the previous reviewer mentioned, areas smelled of weed. Staff do not seem to care about these issues i mean how can you NOT pay attention to this! I have smelled this on some staff as well... so a note to the corporate case manager- DRUG TEST your employees. They say the building is staffed 24 hours. I have yet to see anyone after hours which raises a security question. Thankfully the place is well lit and they have cameras. Housekeeping is done only once a week.There is a mini store which is tax free and easy. I am part of the rewards program with Intercontinenal,and I feel as if I should have been treated better in terms of atleast courtesy for them to let me know that room was not available and for their false promises.This would have reduced the severity of this problem with room issue. Housekeeping is over the top. They are very detailed and you can be sure you are getting a clean room so kudus to them! I did have my toilet not flush so I called in the morning and I was told to come downstairs to pick up a plunger. I was told by the girl (i cant recall her name) that she was very busy with check outs and it had to be picked up. I walk down the stairs to see an employee (i am assuming it was the girl that I talked to earlier) play games on her computer. She had the plunger near her and handed it to me. Since it was like 9-10am and a lot of traffic in lobby i didnt want to make a scene. Really this cannot be happening!!!! I pay your salary i expect some level of effort.
"Not too shabby"
05/21/15 MelissaW1 Normal, Illinois
Pros: Clean. Super friendly staff. Comfortable beds. Pretty inexpensive. Near highway and Starbucks. Cons: Totally smelled like weed both times I was there. I'm not hating on the pot smokers of the world, but I don't want to smell it and I don't want my kids to. Hotel staff was aware of this and didn't seem to care. At least have them stick a towel at the bottom of the door :-) It's kinda isolated back where it is located. This made me feel a little worried as I come and go very late and very early (still dark) and there always seemed to be people hanging around by the door smoking (cigarettes, not pot) and no one ever appeared to be at the front desk during these times.
"very comfortable and accommodating"
05/20/15 GeorgeandNancy Richmondville, New York
Quiet, clean, quality furnishings and linen. Very friendly room was quiet. Bathroom clean snd roomy. Would go back again. Very good fresh coffee always available. Good snacks available and reasonably priced
"Great Quality for the Price!"
05/14/15 EnglishmanOnTour2014 Wellington, United Kingdom
Nothing to complain about - everything just great. I LOVE the guest's laundry (which is largely why I chose a Candlewood Inn) so after a couple of week's of travelling, I keep my clothes clean throughout, minimising the amount I need to carry. Comfortable bed, nice staff, clean room.... good work!
"Couldn't get past the noise"
03/25/15 exmish Northern Illinois
Overall, Candlewood Suites wasn't a BAD place to stay. The room was spacious and comfortable, and the amenities were as advertised. But, oh, the NOISE. The ice maker, even when turned off....*clunk* *hiss* *tap*. The fan. *roar* The door. *rattle as another room's door closed* I also think that the housekeeping has room for improvement: there was a dirty cup on the counter when we checked in, and I found a hairy bar of soap on the top of the shower; even though the front desk confirmed that the room had been unoccupied for several days, it looked like we had walked in on someone else's stay!
"My Experience at Candlewood in Aurora, IL"
01/14/15 Juliann S
I was displaced from my home due to a fire and flood. The manager Luke was very nice and helpful and allowed my cat to stay at no extra charge with me during this terrible time. The hotel was clean, pet friendly with a homey atmosphere. I loved the amenities and small store. The people were elite in customer service. To top it off, on Christmas Eve, the hotel staff served a ham dinner with all the trimmings which made my displaced holiday soooo much better. Thank you for your service.
"Comfortable and a great place to stay"
12/20/14 Meg M
I stayed here for a little over three months for school purposes..The place is perfect for a long-term stay. It has a kitchen (electric stove burner) and almost anything you could think of that would be in an ordinary kitchen at your home. The room was perfect; it had a queen size bed, recliner, flat screen tv (with many channels!), and a desk/table. Staff and management are very welcoming and kind. They also have this cupboard where you can buy little snacks and drinks. It came in handy when I needed something and had forgotten to buy it. Almost forgot to mention their FREE LAUNDRY/GYM AND FREE WIFI! You can do your laundry, as many times as you want and whenever you please at their FREE LAUNDRY in-house. With that, they have a mini gym in the same divided area of the laundry where you can work out! PERFECT! The area and location of this hotel was also a plus. Right down the street, was a grocery store called "Woodmans". And on the opposite side, were many food places and mini shops. I just wish they had a deal with the atheltic club next to them for the jacuzzi/pool services. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
"Great place that's clean and has a very friendly staff."
12/02/14 Diane G Ellenton, Florida
We planned a 3 night stay and extended it to 5 days. As soon as we walked in the front door you could smell how clean it was...and the rooms and hallways were just as clean. The room had a very comfortable bed, a kitchenette and the amenities were fantastic. You could make you own coffee or get complimentary cup by the reception area. I would definitely stay again.