All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Great amenities
    Bad internet service
"very happy, spacious room, great food"
Stayed for 4 nights on a business trip, the hotel was excellent, I had a beautiful corner room with great views. restaurant was amazing, I'd rate it in my top 5 favorite meals and I travel a lot! One downfall was that I was not warned at check-in that the hotel façade was under construction, and there were workers literally right outside my 11th floor windows drilling and banging starting at 9am (thank you for not starting earlier though!!)
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, thank you for your postiive review! We are glad you liked our amenities and accomodations, even in the midst of construction! Please do come back and see us again when the planned work is over and done!
4 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
"Great stay, but..."
Hotel location was great, staff was excellent, and rooms were really nice, BUT they currently have construction going on on the outside of the building. We paid a pretty penny for the hotel, but did not see any notice about the construction that starts at 8am in the morning and consists of very loud drilling and hammering noise. Considering the amount we paid, I would have expected to be able to sleep in without being awakened by construction noise daily.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
Nic
"1 year anniversary"
It was one year anniversary, due to work schedule for both couldn't get vacation. So planned surprise one night getaway. Booked what I thought was suite with skyline view. Definitely not what I got, told hotel was sold out for the night and could not be moved when checking in. Nice accomodation, but not what I was expecting. When I got back later that night from dinner and with the wife, asked once again if anything had opened up, guy at the desk claimed he didn't even remember speaking to me earlier that day. He did however offer me upgrade for $250 for upgrade suite, so it cost me over $500 for the night. He hit me over the head, but wanted to really enjoy my night so took it. Extremely nice suite, beautiful view overlooking the river. Wife was very happy. They charged me for bottle of water, really????
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Etanilao, thank you for choosing us as your home away from home! We are so glad to hear that you've had a great time at Ink48 Hotel. We certainly hope to see you again the same time next year!
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
ETANILAO
"Nice hotel below avg service"
Considering this was a boutique hotel the service was not up to par.. The coffee service in the lobby was not even available the times they were supposed to be. When we did try the two mornings it was empty at 7am!! Also the concierge service was lousy .Asking for restaurants in the vicinity and recommendations they response was go to 9th st there's tons there. What's the point of concierge recommendations?? Their complementary wine bar that was offered in the evenings was only open one day we were there.. Very disappointed with this boutique hotel. Also it was under construction so don't expect a view from the room. There are construction beams all the way up
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, thank you for choosing us as your home away from home! We do apologize for the concierge service you were provided, this will definitely be rectified as it isn't the norm at the hotel. We certainly hope to see you again when the planned work is over.
3 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2015
"Same time and place next year...."
Absolutely wonderful!!!! the staff are welcoming and knowledgable...the restaurant is fantastic!!!love the neighborhood and accessibility to other parts of the city...we will definitely stay there again next year!!!
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, thank you for your enthusiatic review! We are extremely glad to have been a part of your wonderful trip to NYC! Please do come back and visit us again!
3 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
"No t-shirts with print!"
Cool place, nice room. They wouldn't let us up to the rooftop bar, because my boyfriend had a t-shirt on with printing on it (from a bike race)....yet someone with a plain t-shirt under a frumpy fleece zippy was allowed up. Weird. Their loss; he likes the drink.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, the Press Lounge does have a ver strict dress code, to find out more in details, please visit www.ink48.com for the ful list of items now allowed. Thank you!
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
"Superior service"
Just a one night stay for a big anniversary. Got a great rate on a Sunday. Mentioned our celebration - got a major upgrade in room and a bottle of champange. Will at front desk and host at wine reception were exceptional. The location is a couple blocks from the heart of downtown,but an easy walk. The quality of the accomodations makes it worth it. Fabulous view from the bar on the roof. Currently under exterior remodeling. Glad we didn't want to sleep in as there was a work crew right outside our room by 9:00 am. Our great service more than made up for any inconvenience due to the construction.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Mary, Thank you for celebrating your special anniversary with us! It is our pleasure to be part of a beautiful celebration! At Kimpton, we pride ourselves for being the leader in customer service. I certainly hope to welcome you back again at anytime!
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
"Very Disappointed"
I SENT AN EMAIL OF MY EXPERIENCE AND IT RUINED MY ANNIVERSARY VACATION IN NEW YORK. SORRY TO SAY. I REALLY THOUGHT YOU GUYS WOULD MAKE UP FOR IT.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
steven
"Just lovely"
Great business stay with a vacation feel at the end of the trip. The night club was very fun and my room was on the highest floor, with beautiful views!
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Jessica, Thank you for staying with us during your business trip. We are happy to see you enjoyed our Press Lounge. The view is breathtaking to say the least. We hope to welcome you back for another excellent stay!
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2015
"Costumer Service Should be a plus."
As we arrived, there was no formal greeting from any one, I alone have to figured out where was everything including activities located. I made my reservation through hotel.com and none of the things they mentioned as activities to do was mentioned to me in the hotel, I never heard of the Spa in room service, neither there was no wine at the reception waiting for us. Good costumer service should be a plus and this is not what I got when I first arrived to this hotel.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. Please do accept my apology as this isn't the norm of the hotel. At Kimpton, we pride ourselves for being the leader in costumer service. We certainly hope that you will give us another chance, we will like to show you what excellence looks like.
1 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
"Excellent long getaway weekend"
This was our 4th stay here for the U.S. Open great food & service, top floor bar has one one the best views of the city!!
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Russell, Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home! We love sseeing familiar faces int the buidling, and we certainly hope to welcome you back for another year's U.S Open!
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Russell Eric
"Draft"
Nice place. Great roof top bar awesome view
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback, please do come back and see us again!
4 night trip Sep 3, 2015
"Fabulous hotel, beautiful views"
The hotel was amazing. The lobby is beautiful, it is a bit out of the way but far west so westvillage was easy to get to and excellent accessibility from midtown. Best views that I have seen in NYC from the rooftop bar and our hotel room had a very nice view of the Hudson and NJ with floor to ceiling windows and blackout shades that enabled a wonderful sleep-in. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Overall I would 100% stay here again.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Liz
"Quiet West Side"
Staying in Manhattan for a few days or just overnight is always a treat and although we have favorite hotels, this was our first time at a Kimpton Hotel and the first time in that area. It proved ideal for what we'd planned and also offered the opportunity to explore an area we've not been in much. Using the crosstown buses and different subway lines got us quickly where we wanted to be. The hotel itself was lovely and the staff very welcoming. Although it took some time arriving, a complimentary bottle wine (it was our anniversary) and a coffee maker were sent up.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
jim
"Very Nice, but there is a club in the hotel"
The hotel was great. The staff was very friendly. We arrived early not thinking we could check in. Not only could we check in they suggested we wait for a bigger room away from the noise of the street. They hotel and rooms were very nice and modern. Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. The neighborhood was good, pretty quiet and close to eveything. My only complaint would be there is a club in this hotel not run by the hotel. I'm told its one of the best roofdeck clubs in the city. That is fine but just to warn people there is a strict dress code, even for people staying at the hotel and on the second night you could definitely hear the noise from the club. Overall I really enjoyed my experience and would definitely stay here again.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Shawn, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay at Ink48 Hotel! Your suggestions are certainly helpful and we hope to continuous improve to provide flawless service to each and every one of our guests. With that said, we definitely would like to welcome you back again!
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Shawn
Bad attitude at front desk (night time)!
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we are sorry that your experience here was less than stellar. We do hope to provide continuous improvement based of your suggestions.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2015
Fantastic. Will stay here again.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Sudip, Thank you for your feedback, we certainly hope to see you again!
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Sudip
"Good place to stay in Hell's Kitchen"
It was a great experience. When I first arrived I was disappointed because it seemed so far away from everything. However, I was wrong. It is just one street away from the water where all the walk ways are and boat cruises. It is short walk to Times Square. Walking to Central Park is possible but a little longer. It was a short taxi ride to the 9/11 memorial. It was close to Hell's Kitchen night life activities.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Cody
"Great hotel/excellent bar/lounge (ThePressLounge)"
I was in town for a close friends bachelor party and some of us stayed at ink48 for the weekend. The room was comfortable and accommodating along with excellent room cleaning service. We really did enjoy the rooftop Press Lounge to celebrate with drinks and idle socializing while taking in the surrounding view of NYC especially at night. I would recommend this hotel to friends and will continue to remember my stay at ink48 while in NYC.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Denis, Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home! We are glad to see you find our accomodation clean and comfortable! The Press Lounge is rated top 10 of the entire world, so we happy to see you enjoyed your time up there! Please do come back and see us again!
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
Denis
"All was good"
Stayed at this hotel for a weekend girls get away.. The roof top is beautiful - the Print is very good for brunch and the location worked well .. However ,I am a Kimpton guest and felt that the rooms were a little run down and worn
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello gidget, Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home! We are so glad to see your girl's weekend was successful! We are undergoing renovations in the next year so watch out for much more improvements to come!
1 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
gidget
"Great hotel and excellent customer service."
I chose this hotel because I stayed at a Kimpton in Portland and thought it was great. This hotel surpassed the hotel in Portland in terms of greatness. The staff was incredible and always on point. The front desk staff, specifically Faith, went above and beyond my expectations. It was my birthday weekend and Faith and the staff hand wrote a birthday note and sent up a bottle of wine to my room on my birthday. The bottle of wine was totally unexpected and I was delighted with the thoughtful gift. The rooms are spacious, modern, and comfortable and the housekeeping staff would ask if anything was needed if you passed them in the hall. The location of the hotel is interesting. It's near H3ll's Kitchen, a neighborhood with a ton of restaurants, bars and shops along 8th, 9th and 10th avenues. It's a 15 minute walk to Times Square, and Chelsea as well as the Upper West Side are a short cab ride away. There's also a very popular bar/club on the roof of the hotel that is packed on weekend nights. Definitely give this place a try, I was pleasantly surprised and will undoubtedly stay here again.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Greetings and thank you for sharing your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you had great interactions with Faith and our housekeeping team! Everyone here strives to provide excellent service to all our guests, and we are glad that we were able to deliver! We hope to see you again soon! Team Ink48
3 night trip Aug 20, 2015
Jean-Luc
"Worst Experience, Worst Stay."
My stay with Ink48 Hotel has been by far the most dissatisfying and antagonizing hotel experience with little to be done accommodations met to satisfy my Kimpton Hotel needs. Having the hotel move us to three different rooms during our entire stay, we had no room to unpack other than continuously wait until they had rooms available to meet our needs. Rooms smelled of sulfur during the evenings and promised rooms on the top floors were not met. The hotel manager did very little to fix our concerns other than send us cheap bottles of wine which we sent back. The hotel had informed us that since we booked through your services, they have little power to refunding us for our stay. With that said, I will never recommend Ink48 Hotel to any future visitors.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Hannah
"NYC's Best Kept Secret"
My stay was great ,Rooftop bar was amazing, Staff was excellent the best in NYC 10 star plus will stay there again and again .
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Kevin, Thank you for your kind words! Please do share your experience with your friends and family! We would love to welcome you back again! Team Ink48
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Funky hotel with great service"
The hotel overall was a nice departure from your everyday franchise hotels. The rooms were clean but the furnishings and fixtures were showing their age. The NY night made its way into our room until the wee hours of the morning: voices, car horns and music (and we got in at 2:45!) We didn't know there were 2 clubs within walking distance of the hotel. The rooftop lounge was a beautiful experience and it felt good to not have to stand on the block long line. The NY skyline was amazing! The drinks were pricy but tasty and after an evening out prior, I only needed one.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Julia, Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Ink48 Hotel. We are glad to see you've visited our lovely rooftop lounge, I do agree with you that skipping the line is extremely satisfying! With that said, we hope to welcome you back for another stay! Team Ink48
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Julia
The stay was great! But guest services did forget to bring up a toothbrush that I had requested twice. However other than that, I cant complain. The rooftop was also great.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Jimmy, Thank you for sharing you feedback with us, sorry about the inconvenience you've experienced during your stay, we will definitely do better the next time around! Please do come back and see us again! Team Ink48
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Jimmy
"Fun night"
It was pleasent. Stayed for a night and it was nice. Rooftop lounge was a cool hangout place nice views.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Bryan, We are so glad you've had a fun night at the hotel, we do hope to welcome you back to another excellent stay! Team Ink48
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Bryan
"My favorite hotel in NYC"
Love love love this hotel! Service was extraordinary in every way! Went for my bday. Got a room upgrade and later a bottle of wine sent up to my room. Now that's how you do customer service!! Can't wait to go back.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Michelo, Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us! We are so glad to see that we were able to send you a complimentary amenity! Please come back and see us again!
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Michelo
"Great hotel and staff!"
Great place. Will go back again. Staff is super friendly and helpful.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Linda, Thank you for your kind words, please do come back and see us again! Team Ink48
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"My getaway"
I thought the hotel was very trendy and beautiful. The drinks on the roof top were a bit expensive but the view was to die for
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Celeste, Thank you for your review, the rooftop has absolute stunning views of the hotel! Please come back and see us again! Team Ink48
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Celeste
"Great experience"
Was great. Room large for NYC. Nice shower and comfortable beds.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Paula, So glad to see you find our accomodations spacious and comfortable. We definitely hope to welcome you back for another excellent stay! Team Ink48
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Paula
"Nice Hotel, but traffic noise."
Good stay. Nice Hotel, but very noisy. We really couldn't sleep well because of all of the outside heavy traffic noise. Wouldn't be a first or second choice next time, because of the traffic noise. For us, a quiet sleep is a premium choice.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, thank you for your kind words, we do have quieter accomodations on the west side of the hotel. We hope to welcome you back for a 5 star experience!
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
"AMAZING hotel! Cant wait to stay there again!"
Loved everything about this hotel, the location, decor, complimentary wine hour, the view and the convenience of an awesome rooftop lounge with wapectacular view and drinks (though a bit overcrowded is my only complaint). But this hotel is definitely my new go-to whenever I'm the in The city, can't beat the price either!
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
paulette
Everything about this hotel was great, from the staff to the free wine hour they offer. The rooms were clean and the rooms that had a view were amazing. Definitely a great hotel for the price you pay!
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Greetings Gabriela! Thank you for your great feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our wine hour and that your room was comfy with a great view. We appreciate feedback such as yours as it confirms all of the hardwork being put into place. We hope to welcome you back soon! Team Ink48
2 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Gabriela
Rooftop lounge had AMAZING views of the skyline. The neighborhood was quaint and quiet and a fee blocks off the beaten path. Great food and pubs nearby. We'll be back!
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello there, The rooftop is rated top 10 of the world, you've got some great taste there! Please do come back and see us again!
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
KW
"Highly recommended!"
Terrific staff that you notice right away, starting with the doormen! The restaurant is great, the rooms comfortable, and the people very accomodating.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Greetings and thank you for your awesome feedback! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with our staff and our accommodations! We hope to welcome you back soon! Team Ink48
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
"5 out of 5 stars. Ink48 makes an enjoyable stay"
Stayed over one night. Sat-Sunday. arrived to NYC sat morning at 9:30 am and figured what the heck, lets see what time check in is at the hotel. Without hesitation the hotel checked us in early, 5 1/2 hrs before their normal 3 PM check in.....the gentleman behind the front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable of the city, providing us with a subway map he mapped out our route to Yankee stadium that we were going to be watching a ball game at later....Checkout was just as smooth sunday morning when we were departing. There is much nightlife around the hotel on adjacent streets and as well as the Press lounge that is located on the 16th flr of the hotel. The room was super clean with a comfy bed and very nice shower,tub, and bathroom arrangement. Overall it was a great and pleasurable stay and would not hesitate to stay here again..5 out of 5 stars
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Greetings and thank you for your wonderful feedback Corey! We are so glad your weekend went smoothly, beginning with an early check in. We always strive to provide excellent service to all our guests and we are happy that we exceeded your expectations! We hope to welcome you back very soon! Team Ink48
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Corey
"Nice Place"
The folks working here were super nice - it was my boyfriend's birthday and they sent up a bottle of wine and a nice card. Had a very nice stay, thanks!
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Greetings and thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that your boyfriend had a great birthday-we love sending special amenities to our guests! Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Team Ink48
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Simply Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I absolutely love this hotel! This is my second time staying there. The staff was sooooooooooo helpful and very friendly! I stayed at the hotel for my honeymoon and they made my honeymoon soooo special !!! I definitely recommend anyone to stay at this hotel!
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
No, you're simply amazing! Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We are so happy to hear that we were able to make your honeymoon special! A wedding is an amazing celebration, only to be enhanced by the honeymoon and we thank you for allowing us to be part of it! We hope to welcome you back for your anniversary (wink, wink)! Team Ink48
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Ac broke
1 night trip Aug 7, 2015
"Great Location - Nice looking rooms"
Was excellent Yes!
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
i love this hotel. I've attended events here, and visited in hopes of hosting another event too. But has not stayed here. While the room was beautiful and big, the 6th floor was a little loud for me and the view was kinda eh. The view from the roof is one of the best in the city tho and the food and drinks while not inexpensive are wonderful.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home! We do have quieter room options on the west side of the hotel, just let us know your preferences prior to arrival, we will certainly do our best to accomodate your request! We hope to welcome you back for an excellent stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Nice hotel; terrible guest services department. Totally unhelpful.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
"bring an eye mask"
Overall this is a lovely hotel with an above-average bar and restaurant, but our room had a smoke detector right above the bed which flashes with two green lights every FOUR SECONDS. It's not the hugest deal but when you darken the room for sleeping, the flashing lights are right in front of your face! Thankfully we are good sleepers, but I'd hesitate to recommend the room to anyone who is easily disturbed, or trying to acclimate from jet-lag, etc. I asked maintenance to look into it while we were out for the day, and it was still flashing on our second night, so I assume this is not a malfunction but the desired behavior (though I cannot imagine why it would be designed to flash so much, nor why it should be installed directly above one's pillows). We recommend Pom Pom Diner, down the avenue, for breakfast- it looks a bit sketchy but was very tasty. The in-room breakfast was also good, but expensive! Same with the rooftop bar- we loved the scenic experience but not the size of the bar tab.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Emily, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your comments as it allows for continous improvement. My apologies for the inconvenienect you've experienced during your stay. Other than the smoke detector, we do hope your stay was enjoyable. Please do come back and see us again!
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Emily
Fabulous hotel. Great guest services and the rooms were big and clean! Free coffee and wine reception nightly were a nice touch. Loved my stay here and will definitely stay here again!
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Greetings and thank you for your wonderful feedback Kristin! We are happy to hear that our staff provided great service, your room met your expectations and that our complimentary coffe and wine hour were to your liking! We love that you loved your stay, and we hope to see you soon! Team Ink48
3 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Kristin
"Rooftop Bar highlight! Nice staff too!!"
I chose ink48 this time for a one night stay with a trip to the theatre, within walking distance of the hotel. I was not disappointed and it was very convenient. I would say it deserves its 4 star rating but the room itself could have been nicer. Size able with a comfortable bed, the bathroom has nonexistent vanity space--with 3 women, a problem! Also, while it was generally clean, it did not feel as clean as other 4 star hotels and the sliding door to the bathroom was in need of repair. For the pluses--location close to theatre yes, but the rooftop bar, called the Press Lounge, was spectacular! We went up there for a drink before the theatre and it was the nicest evening of the summer. Gorgeous views of the Hudson and cityscape of midtown under bright blue clear skies. I would have stayed longer had it not been for the theatre tickets!! Also, the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming we felt wanted! The downstairs is also funky and inviting. Make the rooms over and I would choose this for other trips as well. Would choose again for a one or two night stay that involves a show!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Absolutely wonderful experience and the rooftop bar with city view was amazing. I will definitely return. I love the kimptons line of hotels.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Anthony, Thank you for your kind words! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay and the view! We certainy hope to welcome you back again!
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Anthony
"Don't go for the rooftop lounge"
We love kimptons and try to stay in them whenever possible. We chose ink48 for our recent trip to NYC because we wanted to experience the rooftop lounge at sunset and in the morning. Upon arrival, we were advised that the rooftop was not available due to a private party. Disappointed, we decided to go the next morning and were again told it was not available due to another private party. We were offered no compensation except a heartfelt "sorry" from the manager. I would advise any would-be visitors to be aware that if you're looking for that rooftop experience, it's not guaranteed. We were told we should have "checked our website" before booking, but there was no post to that effect, and also that the morning booking had been last minute anyway. Plus, the room was non-refundable at the time we booked. Our room was immaculate and very spacious; however, the bed is low like a futon and pretty soft, so if you have any trouble getting out of a low seat, this is not for you. Also, one of our sinks was cracked and the soaking tub wouldn't drain. We were told the engineer would have to fix it, but we didn't want the engineer fixing the tub in our room at 10:00 pm, so we just left it full. We did pay extra for the city view which turned out to be a huge Comfort Inn sign across the street.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
evie
"Warming! No sky view lounge"
Warning! this hotel does not have access to the press lounge. The press lounge with the roof top deck is the main reason we decided to stay here. After we arrived we were told the lounge was closed for a private function and that the lounge is not affiliated with the hotel. When we complained that all the advertising for ink48 shows the lounge and it's mentioned as an amenity the staff ignored our complaint and basically told us it was our tough luck.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, Thank you for your candid feedback. We do apologize regarding your less than stellar experience. The Press Lounge is independently owned and managed, they do reserve the right to hold closures for private events. With that said, please check www. ink48.com for private events at the Press Lounge prior to your visit! We certainly hope to welcome you back!
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Okay"
Room was okay. Highlight of the hotel is the rooftop lounge and skyline view.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to see that you've enjoyed your experience at the rooftop lounge! We certainly hope to welcome you back!
2 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
Nice hotel. The staff was really kind for the most part. The room supposedly included a wine happy hour of sorts,but no one mentioned it nor did anyone greet us when we walked over to the area where the wine tasting was taking place. The wine area could use some better hospitality.a word about the rooftop access policy. I get it. I've lived in Miami and now in d.c. so I understand the hold the line and whole dress code thing. However, the owner should make sure he puts someone at the door that can read folks a little better. I'm not a 6yr old so I'm not a big fan of being told how to dress when I wanna play. With that said if your door man can't recognize (i.e., discriminate ) properly he's losing money. Consider that hotel guest should be given the benefit of the doubt based on the room rates and not necessarily jeans or shorts. Therefore, if they're heading to the rooftop they'll probably run a huge tab and make you money.
Response by ink48 hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Charles, Thank you for sharing your feedback, we do apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced during your stay. Wine hour is daily from 5-6pm. We sure hope you've had a chance to enjoy the perk! The rooftop lounge is rated top 10 of the world,hence the strict dress code. They do operate independently from the hotel.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2015