All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
1111 Forest Trail, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"riding elevator"
nice hotel in great location. The elevators are very annoyoing- they are sooo slow and the flloors dont match teh room numbers - so peolpe are always pressing the wrong floor out of habie (i.e room 3000 is on floor "4"..)
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Ed
"The BEST place to live"
I totally love this place. It is pricey but it is worth it. Thank you the room you provided for my family. My boy (who just had surgery, it was his 5th post op day) did not have a hard time moving around. We were at the lobby area. The room was the best- spacious and clean. He slept soundly as we were far from the restaurants and bars. The only thing I didn't like were the pillows. It gave me a headache the next day. Still, I would certainly inform my friends about this place. Lastly, the front desk people were totally pro -very kind, accommodating, friendly . Thank you guys for being nice to us. Very HAPPY.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Excellent Stay at the Village Lodge."
The staff (Emily & Daniella) were excellent informative and very helpful. The lodge is centrally located for all the activities and all the local buses stop there (the buses are free) so you don't even need a rental car. We loved our stay would definitely recommend The Village Lodge to anyone wanting a fun relaxing centrally located stay in Mammoth!
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Ben45
"Noisy location"
Be ready for lots of people yelling upon exciting bats until 2 am, or for small children playing at 7 am in the mall. There is always pop music blasting and if you are there on the weekend there is live music.
5 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
"Very Nice Hotel"
The hotel itself was very nice. Check in was fast and easy. Room was great and view was beautiful. We took a trip for a couple of days on the motorcycle in August - Sun through Tues. The problem with the hotel you are not within walking distance of town and amenities at the hotel are not that great in the summer. The gondola was closed, no place to really sit down and have breakfast. Dinner restaurants were plenty and happy hours were great. The hotel itself is a great place to stay and I imagine in the winter its the best place to stay.
2 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Connie
"Convenient"
Great location in the middle of Mammoth Village. Comfortable beds. Air conditioning might be an issue if it were very hot because it is a freestanding unit trying to cool a 2 bedroom unit.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
rich
Hotel was great, and had dining and coffee amenities on its property--everything we needed right there.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Even though we visited in July there was plenty of activities going on with Villagefest. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Topnotch facility!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Great experience at The Village Lodge!"
My family and I visited the village Lodge in late July and just loved the hotel and surrounding Mammoth! We have two boys, ages 10 and 15, and they loved being able to mingle around the pool and hot tub, met some new friends and felt comfortable going off by themselves a bit. We liked the convenience of everything in the village, the room itself complete with kitchen, great king sized bed, TV's in each room (we were upgraded to a one bedroom from a studio, which was nice. I really appreciated the laundry room as we had done lots of hiking and biking and with boys, there was a lot of dirty laundry. Overall I would highly recommend this place. It was a highlight of out trip around Northern California!
3 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Rachelle
After looking at other places to stay in the area, I chose the Village based on the mostly positive reviews. My husband and I loved this place! The room was very clean, and we loved that we could walk downstairs for close restaurants, Starbucks, and family games (ping pong, chess, etc). Overall, it was a very nice place. We will stay again!
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"Too crowded and noisy"
This hotel is located on Lake Tahoe blvd so you hear the noisy traffic all day. Most rooms either face the street or parking lots.. Not the quiet relaxing vacation we had hoped for.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Great place
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Jason oldham
"Mammoth stay"
Hotel pads expedia price with additional fees. Lighting in bathroom was very dark. Enjoyable, comfortable stay.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
mgirl
"Awesome Stay"
The best location in town. Park your car and walk everywhere. The only negative is the elevators are horrible!
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Renurb
"Right in the village"
We had a wonderful anniversary weekend
2 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
Ron Woychak
"Great central location"
Perfect place for all. Loved it. Played a kids movie outdoors.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
SWANDED
"The room was small and beautiful"
The rooms were small as compared to the photos shown online . I know as a marketing tool, photographer uses wide angles lens to make things "look bigger" which is a little unfair to consumers.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
PhD
Gorgeous hotel and great location. Would absolutely stay there again and would also recommend to my friends and family.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Good quality but a little overpriced"
Overall a really lovely place to stay. Love the atmosphere. Shuttles were convenient. Surround sound in room wasn't set up but that would have been a bonus. Would have preferred washer and dryer in room. Toilets ran continuously in neighboring room (could hear water running all night) and we had to shut ours off each time we used. Maybe the price would be more inline with what I expected if they didn't have to pay for so much water.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2014
JA
"Beautiful hotel -- gorgeous and convenient."
We stayed 2 nights -- loved the full kitchen, pool and jacuzzi, the excellent decor and numerous facilities. Would definitely recommend and stay again.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
DeDe
"Beyond my expectations!"
We reserved a one bedroom condo that had everything you could possibly need. A full kitchen stocked with plates, untensils, cookware, etc. Plenty of cool or and heat to keep you comfortable and cozy..nice fireplace. It felt like I was home. Hotel is right in the heart of the village..tons of cute shops and lots of variety restaurants to choose from. However, you can save some money by bringing your own food to cook in your hotel room. Views from room were spectacular! No thin walls, very insulated. Perfect for a family of four! We did not want to leave! Oh yeah and did I mention this stay was during thee off season! I can't imagine the wonderland it's brings in the winter!!! We are already planning our next trip back here!
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Anna
"everthing in walking distance"
very nice two bedroom condo
1 night trip May 24, 2014
mark
"Want to go back!"
A little pricey... But oh so nice!!
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Marsha
"Excellent Hotel and Staff"
We rented a 2 bedroom 2 ba hotel room. The place was clean and orderly. We chose this location based on the proximity to the shops in Mammoth. The hotel staff always greeted us on the way out and in. Very friendly and was extremely helpful in my case. My vehicle was hit in the parking lot and fortunately for me, the driver left a note. To avoid any disputes, I went to the front desk and asked if they could provide surveillance of the accident. Randy, apart of the hotel staff, was AWESOME. He went above and beyond. He was at the scene of the accident and when I met him at the front desk, he showed me the footage and even burned me a copy of the video! I was very pleased to say the least, and couldn't be more thankful. To top it off, I left some things behind at the hotel and gave them a call when I got home. The staff had it in their possession and shipped it out to me! GREAT!!!! GREAT SERVICE!!! Highly recommended.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
"best spot in Mamoth"
Nice weekend in the heart of the city. Close to everything. Great pool and jacuzzi.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"well managered hotel"
location.reasonable rates.clean,services.
4 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Great place for families"
There's tons of stuff for kids to do at this hotel, ie. arcade room, theater, pool, fire pits.
4 night family trip Apr 12, 2014
"VIllage Resort Mammoth Lakes"
Location is perfect, int he Mammoth village, 50 yds to town gondola. Staff pleasant. Excellent location at night to restaurants and bars. I was charged a $20.00 "resort fee" but did not use the facilities. Only irritation was being charged $13.00 for a small bar of bath soap. I have stayed all over the world, and have never been charged such a ridiculous amount for a bar of soap that is normally included in the price of the room.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"great overall"
excellent staff and shuttle that takes you anywhere at anytime
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
enrique
"Very convenient location for family"
The location was very convenient with it being so close to the village. Gondola, shops and restaurants were steps away. My biggest compliant is the hotel staff that checked us in was very rude! The lady gave us completely wrong directions to our room. She even drew a map of how to get the room and it was completely wrong. After wandering around the hotel with 5 luggages and 3 kids for more than 20 minutes, we decided to go back to the lobby to ask for help. First of all the staff did not apologize for giving us wrong directions but they were not helpful again (different staff member) in leading us in the right direction. They made us feel like we were bothering them by asking. On a positive note, the room was a great room for our families. The only annoyance was the loud noise below during the late hours. The sofa bed definitely needed to be replaced since it had a pretty obvious downward slope but the kids weren't bothered by it. The room was well kept by housekeeping. My only compliant was the unfriendly staff but we would definitely stay there again for the convenient location and the rooms.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Mercy
We stayed here with my family because of the location to the Village shopping, restaurants and gondola. It snowed most of the time we were there so not having to drive was wonderful. The front desk staff moved our room when I told her that we didn't want to deal with noise from the bars late at night. Our room was clean when we got there and it was cleaned every day while we were there. The kids loved the fact that the hotel was close to everything (they are snowboarders) and their dad and I loved the fact that they weren't begging us to drive them around. We had a great trip and would definitely stay there again.
4 night family trip Jan 30, 2014
"Located over a nightclub"
Our fourth floor toom was above a street level night club that pounded a bass from 10:30-1:30 each night of pir stay. The vibration was like a pile driver compounded with police activity and cdtreet noise outside the night club. Since there was no snow in town and very few ski runs open or skiers i do not know why we were placed in that wing of the building. Upon check put the manager told me that they usually put the band members in those rooms above the club which indicates to me they recognize this problem. The manager further told me i should have alerted them so they could move me which os true but we arrived on Friday might after an 7 hour drive at 9:30 pm. saturday morning we were up skiing first thing. it took me intil about nidnight way Saturday to figure out where the vibration was coming from. I did not expect the band to be playong until 1:30 AM on a Sunday night!! management felt ot was my fault entirely for not letting them know something they are aware of! I paid $1300 plus for a two room suite for a three night stay which included a "free" third night. Without the night club a g good value. With the nightclub experiance i feel burned. I wonder if the hotel saells these inferior rooms to hroups like Expedia and saves there better rooms for guests booking directly at a higher rate? Hotel staff courteous, room furniture a bit tired, well located for ski access and Village activities.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
"Location, Location, Location"
Village Lodge is the best place to stay in Mammoth. Walk out the door to equipment rentals, lift tickets, Gondola to the slopes, starbucks, quaint grocery store and restaurants. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the hotel provides a free airport and around the town shuttle, so there's no need for a rental car during your stay. The housekeeping was not great this time around and the phone in the main living area didn't work and was not fixed during our stay, despite notification, but these were little things.
4 night family trip Dec 19, 2013
"fantastic location, lovely condos"
the village lodge is normally very pricey, but at a decent rate it was an amazing stay. steps from the gondola, easy access to dining and buses, fun atmosphere. hands down the best place to stay if you can afford the price.
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
I didn't like the sofa it would make us itch when we would sit down on it. But other than that it was a very good stay.
6 night business trip Nov 21, 2013
Great room, nice location. Very friendly service.
1 night trip Nov 11, 2013
"Great Hotel with a great location"
Our stay at the Village Lodge was delightful. Our one bedroom suite was great and it fit us well. Loved the convenience of its location to the village at Mammoth Lakes. We went off season so a lot of the shops and restaurants were closed but we still enjoyed ourselves very much.
3 night family trip Oct 24, 2013
CJK
"Nice resort in ski town."
The Village Lodge is a nice resort located in a ski lodge complex. It is a little hard to find, especially in a heavy rain storm at night. Staff were all very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Room was a one bedroom but layout was less than ideal. It was functional but felt cramped.If you are a skier, great place to stay since the lift is just a short distance in the same complex. We were there for Yosemite and the Mammoth Lakes area. Next time we'll stay on the west side of Yosemite since the drive to the valley from Mammoth Lakes is two hours of beautiful scenery but winding and difficult roads.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
"Nice Get-away"
Nice hotel. Would stay there again. Only negative is there is no restaurant at the hotel, so if you want breakfast you need to drive to get it.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Great location. In the heart of the Village."
We use this as "The Place to get Away from it all."
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"convient"
Great place, Difficult to find
2 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
"Average room accommodations"
Main TV in room kept turning itself off every few minutes. Fireplace in room did not work. Water pressure in shower barely coming out of shower head. I will not be staying there again.
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2013
AG
"Convenient location, close to amenities and shops"
We had such a relaxing time, soaking in the Jacuzzi and walking around The Village. We hope to return during the ski season, because the location is perfect for getting on the slopes.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Be careful of extra charges"
The hotel is newer and comfortable. The bed was a bit soft, but no big deal. This place is big on setting out items for use that will bring big extra charges if used. Luckily, we read the little signs carefully and avoided this pitfall. This may be a modern trend and perhaps I'm just getting old, but I found this practice very offensive.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"close to hiking trails"
location is everything, hiking trails nearby
3 night trip Sep 13, 2013
nate dawg
"They charge you with a surprise fee at check-in"
This is unacceptable. The price you pay here won't be the full price you pay.
3 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2013
Spent a lot of money for an average room, the air conditioning didn't work , cheap bed with a pillow top on the mattress they called premium bedding. Bathroom was advertised with separate bath and shower, but just a cheap shower tub combo.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
The hotel is well maintained, the pool and the amenities are five star. The only draw back is the air conditioning, they only provide a stand unit in the living room only. Beside the noise, it is not enough for the whole suite.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2013
"First leg of vacation"
This place is great!!!like a home away from home. Service was on point and room accommodation were nothing less than perfect.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
season traveler
Great location in the village! The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. Having a full kitchen is definitely a plus. The only complain I have is that the internet speed is too slow.
1 night romance trip Sep 2, 2013