All hotels in Ridgway, Colorado, United States of America
304 S. Lena St, Ridgway, CO, 81432, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quiet and beautiful"
This place is a gem! Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The pool is wonderful as is the communal hot tub.
2 night trip Jun 19, 2015
Antoinette
"Room too small"
The hotel and the grounds were very nice and the setting was beautiful. Our room was tiny. We could not set up two suitcases and move around freely. There was a small refrigerator but no in room coffee maker. There was tea and hot water available in the lobby with a lounge area that was very nice. It was a longer walk to get complimentary coffee in the morning. We did not have a TV. I did not think to ask about this. It was mainly that the room was so small and hot. We could not control the heat and so we would open the door when it got too hot but we had to move the chair when we did this. I felt for what we paid, it was not worth it. There obviously were some more spacious rooms in the resort but how much more that would cost I don't know.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Good for away-time"
Quiet, relaxing, better for relaxation than for business although the staff was so accommodating, letting us meet in the lounge-area. Coffee was tasty (and loved the cookies)...lighting in room very poor, hard to see.... Like the refrigerator!
2 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Julia
It was ok. Our room had a roof leak, but not too bad ( among some minor maintenance problems). I loved the living area/kitchen; the bedroom was very plain, though, for the amount of money we paid for it. Finally, you will be required to pay an extra fee/tax when you arrive. The clerk printed out the pricing for the room for us and we saw how much $$$ hotels.com is making off of our booking (more than $50 a night). We over paid!!!
4 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
"nice hotel close to where we wanted to go."
it was a nice hotel overall. near our destinations. It rained so we weren't able to use the pool. We were bummed they didn't have a tv. we were bummed we didn't get a room with a fireplace. It was our wedding anniversary and we wished it was a little more romantic for the price we paid. The bed was a little hard for our liking.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
alyssa
"Chipeta Solar Springs Rating"
For $270 per night one would expect a comforter instead of just a sheet and one cheap pillow. Most uncomfortable nights I ever spent.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"uncomfortable and disappointing"
Our room was fairly expensive and the size of a shoe box. That would have been fine if it wasn't 90 degrees with no thermostat and a small window to open to the stairwell which was frequently and loudly used throughout the night.... needless to say it was one of those disappointing nights that I couldn't wait to be over. I wont stay here again... if I didn't have any options I would very carefully choose the room, calling the hotel directly and making sure of the quality and location
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Interesting place, rustic but attractive. Room hot and swamp cooler inop. TV barely works. But in a beautiful place, and bed was comfy.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2013
very unsatisfied. i booked two rooms, both lodge deluxe and if that is what they call deluxe, they need to modify their classifications. we had 2 adults and a child in one room, lodge deluxe showed 2 beds, but instead we got a king & a sleeper. there were food crumbs in the cushions, so it made me wonder how well the room had been cleaned. we were only given towels for 2. we had to ask for me. too me, if you book three people, why do you need to ask for a 3rd set of towels. the bathroom was so small, that i was shocked you could fit one adult and a child in it at the same time. needless to say, our child slept in bed with us. The second room was not much better, small bathroom, small room and the tv was probably the worst disappointment. i didn't think they still made 19" tv's. would not stay there again.
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2013
chris
""Lovely place to stay in the Fall""
The room was quiet and comfortable. Shower water pressure was great as well as the large jacuzzi. Breakfast at the on-site restaurant was also very good.
Other trip Sep 26, 2012
Dawson Girl

"Good but pricey for country town"
Stayed 2 nights in 1 bedroom which comfortably accommodates 2 adults and 2 teens. Well maintained, very clean contrary to previous reviews. Only concern is the shower that was barely a trickle and for the cost I would really like a better shower experience. The TV lost it's signal and was not addressed by the manager although teenage sons were able to resolve. In summary OK for country town but a bit pricey for the amenity.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Ewa
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2014
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Chipeta Solar Springs Resort & Spa

"Relax to the max with spectacular views"
06/23/15 lolok436 Colorado Springs, Colorado
Staff was so friendly and accommodating. Grounds and buildings were really clean. Views of the San Juans from the pool, soaking pool and bar were the best! Rooms were very comfortable and cozy--did not have the typical corporate hotel feel. Lap pool temperature was perfect; and soaking pool good and hot and, again, with panoramic views of the San Juans. I appreciated no TV in the room too!
"Edible Southwest Colorado Magazine"
04/30/15 Michelle E Fruita, Colorado
Whether it's business or personal,they make you feel so special! The amenities are awesome, from the spa, the sauna,yoga room, hot springs,The pool, etc....Definitely the go to place in Ridgway, Co. I love the condos for kitchen purposes,but so easy to walk downtown for meals, but will try the 4 Corners cafe next time!
"Can't wait to return!"
04/10/15 Theresa W Black Hawk, Colorado
We stayed in the Canyon de Chelly room with the private hot tub. It is well worth any extra $$ you might have to pay. My husband and I had the best time and being able to go up to the roof to soak in the hot tub under the stars?? just amazing. The room is small but nice. We did have a problem with the fireplace, but a repairman was sent immediately to get it going for us (we visited in October so we wanted a fire.) I loved it. It was clean, intimate, private....just absolutely perfect. We did receive a couples massage with our package...I had never had a massage before and I have to say that I wouldn't ever do it again based on this experience. I'm so very sorry to say that it was awful. I am discriminating and hard to please, but my husband loves just about everything :-) and he was entirely unhappy. We were both entirely grateful it was "free" because if we had paid for it, we would have felt ripped off. In the offseason months, the onsite restaurant was not available for dinner....but they did give us a voucher for a nearby Mexican restaurant that was good. We had breakfast onsite the morning we left and it was truly awesome. LOVELY waitress and very good and fresh food. Wish we could have experienced dinner there. Certainly next time!
"Where has this place been.... Wonderful!"
04/07/15 GloriasTravels Illinois
Where has this place been my entire life - right in my "backyard"! Beautiful grounds and public areas - pools, gardens, plants and waterfalls with comfy chairs everywhere. It is beautifully decorated from the moment you are greeted and given a tour; then escorted to your room. Nice! Hidden down a quiet street away from the highway noise sits a larger than expected hotel set up like a southwestern B&B. Private decks and 2 person hot tubs. Beautiful views from the upper decks. A warm, cozy feeling with coffee, teas, and lemonade with cookies in the main lounge with a fireplace. Why stay anywhere else? A must stop in the middle of SW Colorado. Much nicer than anything in Ouray and the scenery is SO PRETTY! At check in the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. We got a cabin in the middle of the complex off the highway (#406). It was super clean. A bit bigger than we needed (2 bedroom) but that was all they had available. The sofa was a little old. Kitchen table was large and thick. Small frig, and clean ,new stainless steel sink. There were plenty of towels, blankets, and pillows. It was cool during the day and warm at night. They give you a "doggy bag" with a quilted blanket for the floor and dog treats. There are plenty of nice areas to walk your pet and 3 stations with doggie waste bag and dump cans. The décor was rustic, but tasteful. We had chairs on the porch. There is a high trail to hike on the property and three hot tubs with clothes hooks for towels, robes. The breakfast was from 7 to 9am. The room was cozy - right off the lobby which had a wonderful fireplace. There were also gas grills (with clean grilling utensils), picnic tables, a pavilion and fire pits all around. Very nice for cookouts. The cabins were set among willows, blue spruce and aspens. The parking spaces were just a few steps on paved paths from the cabins. The front desk staff was very helpful with local information and dinner recommendations to our tastes. They also offered discounts on the hot springs. There were DVD and board games to check out in the lobby. The flower pots on the porches were a nice touch too, which attracted butterflies and hummingbirds! They provide SPA Green bath products which are ecologically friendly. There was a comfortable seating on the patio in back of the hotel. 3 hot tubs and a dry sauna. They really needed an outdoor shower in that area. This hotel would be a great place to stay with a large group to utilize all the facilities!!
"Lovely getaway!"
03/19/15 JCinCO Denver, Colorado
My husband, teen daughter, and I stayed here for several days in June 2014 on an early summer special. I am so glad I booked it! We rented a two-bedroom condo unit, number 204. The unit is important to know as it is "out of the way" from the stairs and having people walk by your windows (which will be open in the summer!). I assume 304 is similar. It's more private, especially for the hot tub on the deck. The unit was wonderful and I'm so glad I called for the best options available! The room was very clean, the kitchen well-stocked, and the steamer shower was amazing! Our daughter is autistic and liked that and the hot tub. There were a few WiFi options, but all were pretty slow, especially considering there were not many guests at the time. We were frequently booted off. We did not use the spa, fitness center, nor dine in the restaurant (should have least checked out the view!), but the daily freshly-baked cookies and beverages were a wonderful treat! The solarium was nice and I wanted to pack up many of the huge plants and take them with me! The lap pool was great at 4-feet depth for the whole thing. The fires and waterfalls made it even more relaxing. The solar spa was incredible! I even got my husband in it and he usually doesn't do them! It was such a great way to relax after a day in the car or hiking! The staff were wonderful and accommodating. While the location is "in town", it's on a "corner" of a neighborhood with parks on two sides - those sides have great views of the San Juans - as does the solar-heated spa. The only issues we had were with noise from two things. The first was the hot tub on our deck went through a cleaning cycle about every 30 minutes. It wasn't noticeable during the day, but oh boy at night it sure was! We slept in the room next to it the first night. Bad idea. We couldn't shut it and we were not warned by the staff about it. I ended up having to put in ear buds and listen to music - rather loudly - all night so it wouldn't wake me up every time it came on. We moved to the other bedroom the next night, but then the neighbor's one made noise - at least it wasn't right under the window. We wanted the fresh air but even closing the windows didn't help with the noise. That said, the staff cleaned and checked the hot tubs daily and they were very clean. The other noise issue was with other guests in the community hot tub all night long. They were across the yard from our windows and talked all night long. While they probably didn't know how loud they were as they were talking over the jets, their voices carried loudly, thus violating the quiet hours. Most of the time we could make out 75% of what they were saying. It was really annoying. I think the area should be closed off after Midnight to avoid that. Some tips - parking is a bit tight so try and load/unload when there are not many cars. Also, make sure to have some sandals or slippers if you stay above the first floor. This is because the stairs are metal and set up for snow - they are "mesh" and "poky" and will really hurt your feet. I used my Crocs and they were very helpful. We used the on-site laundry but not the free bikes (daughter is disabled) - both were a great amenity. I would definitely consider a condo room for the best experience. The typical hotel rooms looked really tiny. One was at the top of the stairs and I felt so sorry each time we walked past the guests' big window, with their bed right there. That was a design flaw in the planning. We will definitely return for another getaway! We really liked Ridgway's location near the reservoir, Ouray, and Telluride! There is a dollar store in town for basic groceries, but if you want more, you need to stock up before you go.
"Amazing hideaway!"
03/09/15 coloradorn77 Craig CO
Chipeta Sun Losge never fails to impress. Unique and beautiful the ambiance is warm and cozy with breathtaking views. Service is top notch. David in the spa gave the best massage ever. Will be returning for sure!
"Relaxing experience"
02/21/15 Robert B
Intimate dining room, well tended and huge hot pool with a most spectacular view. A physical gem. While we didn't take part in the yoga sessions, the spa looked wonderful, inviting, and intimate. Close to the small town and breathtaking views of the San Juan mountains
"Hidden Gem!"
12/29/14 Adrienne W Salida
What a hidden gem of a boutique hotel! This resort and spa is in a quiet and relaxing community not far from the quaint downtown area. Our rooms were clean and ready for us prior to the check in time which allowed us more time to soak in the hot tub after a day of driving over snowy roads. It was very relaxing and surreal sitting in the hot tub enjoying the snow falling onto the most beautiful mountain vistas! The southwestern architecture adds to the serenity and beauty of this gem! Each room is uniquely decorated and named capturing the historical landmarks of this amazing region! Various rooms have fireplaces, private hot tubs and balconies. The staff was friendly, courteous and worked hard to make our stay enjoyable. They provide complimentary hot tea, cocoa, coffee and cookies in the sitting area. They did a great job keeping the sidewalks cleared of ice and snow. They also have a restaurant and bar with live music on Friday nights. We did not have time to take advantage of the spa and fitness amenities, but will definitely be back!
"Mountain view from private hot tub"
12/18/14 mia c Denver, Colorado
We just visited here for a wedding, and it was lovely. Admittedly the space for the wedding reception was a little tight, but the service and food were amazing. I had a massage while there, and highly recommend Dar. She was great! We had a private hot tub on the deck aside from the two huge pools they have on site, and that was really nice as well. It's a short walk down the street to a cool café called True Grit. Overall we had a really great stay here!
"Excellent attention to detail!"
12/02/14 lenrhodesmusic Silverthorne, Colorado
A wonderful resort, where the rooms are very much in character with the "south-western" theme. All the staff were delightful but special mention should go to Michelle who worked tirelessly to ensure our stay was to our absolute satisfaction.