All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
341 West 36th Street, New York, NY, 10018, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

Very disappointing. The Hotel itself is great, and such is the location. Yet, the customer service is very poor. First they did not give me the room I was paying for. I paid for King bed, and found myself in a room with a Queen bed. They then said they will compensate me with 20% off my payment and did not deliver that too. Highly disappointing.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Greeted with smiles from the sidewalk to the Lobby to the check in desk... Hotel perfect location for a Madison Square Garden concert and Port Authority Bus terminal. Spacious bathroom. Overnight stay with my college bound daughter. Perfect
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
patricia
"inexpensive but poorly kept"
Very good price at the last minute. Extremely friendly front desk and lobby staff. Very good concierge. Location not good - dirty street and out of the way but walkable to penn station and times square. Mold in shower.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Workable but basic and starting to show wear"
Average hotel, a bit threadbare around the edges. Nothing terrible and totally workable, but just seemed a bit tired.
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Fantastic hotel in great area
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Natasha
"Just right for a few night in Manhattan"
Good location, good price for the area. Clean hotel. Great place to stay on a visit to Manhattan.
2 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"Service great. Room ok"
Shower door leaks and floods bathroom. Room is really small. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Sal was awesome
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
Abigail
"fun weekend"
Very clean and the hotel service was amazing and the watched our bags even after we checked out
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
room were very small
4 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Ahmad
"Weekend in Chelsea double tree"
The staff was very friendly, and everything was excellent. Front desk was very accomodating and attentive, the support staff all had excellent and positive attitudes. Great stay, except for the length of time it took to get an elevator, and the number of people that had to squeeze into said elevator when it arrived.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Derik
"Great Stay !"
Hotel was great ! Nothing at all to complain about. Staff was helpful, gave me the room I requested along with hot cookies ! The location was a short walk to the E line but not much in the immediate area in the way of restaurants etc.. which isn't a big deal as the subway is very handy.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Great location for access to Times Square and surrounding sites. Staff was excellent and although the room was a little small it worked for us. Overall we had a good experience.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Clean & Convenient"
Love the cookies upon arrival. Clean room, convenient to Penn Station
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
once I got there they told me that my reservation was cancelled. They said my CC wasn't working, and they don't have a room. Both turn out to be false. I gave them my CC and it worked fine, I had booked a king room. They sent me to a queen room, the room was in the middle of AC service. I went back down and complained they finally gave me a king bed room. It just wasted an hour of my time after a long flight. The room wasn't very nice, the hotel is old and worn out. I can't see how they can consider it a doubletree hotel.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Behnam
"Great hotel and staff!"
We had a wonderful stay and the staff at the hotel was excellent. We arrived at noon and had two rooms and only one was ready so they let us have the one room early to freshen up and store all of out luggage. We were concerned with the size of the rooms, since all of the reviews had talked about the rooms being small, but they were clean and average size for the excellent price we got the rooms for. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, asking us if they could help instead of us having to ask for help. Sal, the concierge, Carmalina, the bartender and Leon the maintenance man are wonderful assets to the Hilton Hotel family. They loved their jobs and passed that feeling on to the customers! The whole hotel experience made our stay even better.
4 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
Sallie
"New York City hotels"
The rooms were quite small especially for a family of four. The two double beds were both against the outside walls. If you wanted to get in bed you have to enter from the foot of the bed. This was undoubtedly the friendliest staff I've ever seen at a hotel and I stay at hotels every week. The location was good. The breakfast buffet was about average. Overall on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the very best experience this property was a seven.
7 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
J.T.
Staff was helpfull and friendly at all times from the moment we walked in the door until the time we left! Glad we stayed here!
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Fun times in NYC--Times Square"
Great stay at a remodel of an older building. The staff is FANTASTIC...very friendly & helpful & QUICK. We had a 2 double bed room, our room was tight (no empty space to just walk around) but spotless and beds very comfy. The other furniture was in decent shape. Other than the desk there is no separate table, since the furnishings are close (we also had 2 kids 2 adults). There was a closet style hanging cabinet with a safe inside(& I believe ironing/board). Nice flat screen TV. Door separated large tiled bathroom had a tub sized glass shower only(no tub). There was a coffeemaker & wife liked whatever coffee they had. There was also a 2 foot high fridge. We were on the top floor (26) & had a decent view of some random skyline (not Times Square itself)--was nice backdrop at night. Blackout drapes kept out morning sun. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. The rather quiet AC unit worked really great could adjust from normal to blizzard cold, as desired. Just a 10 minute walk to the Times Square ball drop area. We used their convenient ($55/day)valet remote parking, otherwise a short walk to around the corner parking lot ($40/day)..you pay them $15 for doing the walk. Checkout & car return were super quick.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Norm
"Just fine"
For the price we were pleased.
3 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
"A decent place to stay in the City"
The hotel was ok service was fine, rooms are small even by NY standards. The neighborhood is a little sketchy.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"Staff makes this a good choice"
This hotel is not in the middle of the action but not that far. The staff is excellent. Room was small but comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Gene
""Averagely small""
My wife and I were in town to see a Broadway show and decided to book this hotel instead of staying with family or book a hotel outside the city. Hotel room was extremely small, to the extent that no area within the room could two people walk by each other. Many reviews indicates most NYC hotel rooms are tiny, and they really are. Generally the room appeared clean however if one look closely there is noticeable crud around edges of the shower door etc. My suggestion to management "pay attention to details". Staff was excellent and very helpful, we felt welcome. Weekend Overnight parking was on the street as no nearby parking garage. I paid for a King size bed with city view however I got a queen size bed and " nearby building" view. Since we were only staying one night and wanted to get the weekend going we did not complain I just chalked it up as poor customer satisfaction. Doubletree is a really good brand nationwide and I have stayed at some awesome locations, not so much for NYC.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Leonard
"Staff was great, Restaurant mediocre, Location odd"
Staff was very helpful. Every request was greeted with a smile and enthusiasm. Skip the restaurant, there are much better ones on 9th ave around the corner. The location is on a street that has many buildings under renovation. It's a mix of residential and commercial. We had to avoid the construction materials being delivered as well as street food carts that were loaded in the building next next door. The street is narrow and is on a Lincoln Tunnel exit one block away. Cabs congregate on the street all night. On the plus side, it is a block and a half from the 8th ave subway, 2.5 blocks from Penn Station and 5 blocks from Time Square. We could reach almost any destination in Manhattan within 10-20 minutes. The hotel does not have a service elevator and 1 of the 2 passenger elevators did not work 30 percent of the time. Like most NY hotels, the rooms are tiny.
5 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2015
"No onsite parking"
It says that surprisingly there is on site parking space in the downtown of Newyork. That was my primary reason to choose this hotel. However it was not true. I have to drive my car to the commercial parking lot about two blocks away from the hotel. As a traveler, walking in a not present neighbor in the middle of the night was not feasible.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Myoung-gwi
"Positive"
Very nice
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Felton
"Inexperienced management in a crisis !"
Everything was consider excellent until I departed. One elevator was out of service causing me to wait 35 min from 16 floor. This could've make a difference being late at airport 13 min and being on standby 3hrs . The mgrs were monitoring the situation but the customers weren't pleasant!
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
It served it's purpose. Needed a room for the night. No complaints
1 night trip Jun 26, 2015
The staff was exceptionally helpful. The room was very tiny. Location very convenient to subways and other sights.
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Anita
"Good location near Times Square and West Side"
Good service in the lobby
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Good Enough..."
The hotel was perfectly adequate for a business trip. Very convenient to the Javits Center, as well as to tourist areas like Times Square, etc. While the hotel was not in top shape, it was clean, comfortable and the service was good. The price was also good for the area by comparison.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Alan
"Not much bang for the buck"
For the price of the room I thought there would be more amenities like a blow dryer in the bathroom. Bed was ok, very clean room, liked the location, very close to where I had to go for my workshop just overpriced for the lack of amenities offered even for NYC
4 night business trip May 27, 2015
Michele
Modest hotel in a convenient location.Rooms are starting to look a little tired. Doorman "Sal" was a huge plus. Very attentive and knowledgeable . Good value.
3 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Ronald
"Midtown hideaway"
Great hotel with great staff willing to please. Special mention to Sal, Cristal and Thomas. Nothing was an issue for them. Conveniently located south of the Times Square within a 5 minute walk and in between most attractions. And don't forget the awesome cookies on arrival!!
6 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Tas
"Cookies!"
The staff made us feel welcome from the minute we walked in. So friendly and helpful! The concierge made arrangements for Broadway tickets and really took their time to be sure we were happy. And there are cookies.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Brenda
"Satisfied Customer"
Had a great time. Hotel is a real value.
3 night trip Jun 12, 2015
"First time in NYC"
The hotel staff was courteous, funny and very helpful. Yes, The room was small, but its NYC!!! It was clean and mostly quiet. Great central location. Would stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Anton
"Trip to NYC"
Great guest services team. Comfortable bed. Room size a little small. Unhappy with very small ironing board that goes on a desk top. Great shower,, plenty of hot water and pressure. Hotel is well located to walk almost anywhere in the city. Overall good experience.
4 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Let down"
I booked king bed but had a room with double.. not what I paid for.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Stephen
"Good experience"
Great weekend in the Big Apple and hotel excellent,good overall position for all attractions.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Philip
"Nice staff, mediocre hotel conditions"
Housekeeping was very loud in the main corridors. I wasn't feeling well and trying to sleep but the noise they were making preventented that.
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Dirty fingerprints on glasses"
I booked a King bed and when I checked in they said they would move me the next day. The next day when I called, they said they did not have any king beds left. Also, the room was old, dated, and dirty. The glasses had fingerprints, the light was out, the coffee maker had only decaf coffee and no cups. The hotel staff is not responsive. Very poor for the money.
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Needs updating"
Broken refrigerator, reported but never fixed, broken ice machine on our floor. Room very, very, very small. Staff very friendly. Never told how much my credit card hold would be for incidentals. Only a shower, no tub. Wobbly luggage rack, won't hold anything heavy. Lobby furniture old and tired looking. Needs updating. Beds very uncomfortable.
3 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Debbie
"Great place to stay close to times square."
It was great. And low prices from hotels.com were great.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Ashley
"Great stay near Penn Station"
Last minute stay after flight cancellation. Convenient location only a few blocks from Penn Station and Times Square. Rooms are adequately comfortable for the price and clean. Staff is friendly, but very busy. Feels like the hotel is a little understaffed.
1 night business trip May 31, 2015
Christian
"me"
It was ok
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
JOHN
"May 30-31st stay"
We checked in for a 2 night stay on Friday night. I will say that I have never been to a hotel with such friendly and accommodating staff! Everyone was super nice and made our stay worry free!
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Not up to Hilton standards"
Not sure what I was expecting but the room was tinier than tiny. No place to put clothes. The AC leaked and wet carpet daily. The shower leaked and flooded bathroom floor daily. But the maids cleaned the room very well everyday. Booked a car service to the airport for the morning of our departure. The car fid not show up at time needed. Another couple also booked a car and it didn't show up either. Some guy finally showed up after the service was called twice but we couldn't all fit. Luckily a cabbie drove by and took us to the airport. We barely made it on time to get our luggage loaded on our flight. Not what I expected from a Hilton property. Luckily
5 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Stay in New York"
Our stay was great . Sal was very nice and very helpful!
2 night family trip May 28, 2015
Mark B.
"Great for the price"
Rooms were small for a family of 4 but clean and nice. Staff was overly helpful and friendly. Would def stay here again because of the wonderful staff.
4 night family trip May 22, 2015