All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here341 West 36th Street, New York, NY, 10018, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Kids first trip to NYC"
Everyone was very friendly and helpful! My kids loved the warm cookies! I would definitely stay here again. It was was close to everything, but not in the middle of Times Square. This was great because it was quiet! Also really close the the High Line which was a pleasant surprise!
3 night family trip May 7, 2015
Jenni
"nice option in mid-town, great staff!"
Quick biz trip and I was worried about the proximity to Times Sqaure - but it was just south enough to be out of the main tourist fray. The hotel was nice, but what really made the stay was the staff....from the front desk to the bell staff. Breakfast wasn't great, but nice to have it included and continental options were OK.....plus there's so many other options in NY who cares about breakfast. Recommend and would stay again.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Awesome stay!"
We really enjoyed our stay on this beautiful hotel. The room was very clean and well kept. The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was very nice with all the right essentials.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Eunice
It was great. The staff was really friendly. It was our first time in New York. the mayweather vs pacquio fight was going on and we needed a place to watch it at. Staff member Richard called a few bars to see if they were showing the fight. He found us a bar.
3 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Margie
"Great price and location."
Great location to almost anywhere in the city. Great staff and clean rooms.
4 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
Tracy
"Double tree surprised me!"
We were there for the bike New York tour. Richard helped us store our bikes and he was so helpful. Everything was great! They offered chocolate chip cookies and Shirley temples for my girls who are allergic to nuts! The room was small, but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom well decorated. There were a few maintenance issues like the bathroom door handle was broken and the sink leaked a little.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Excellent Service"
I enjoyed myself and I loved the way the staff greated me
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Ketty
"A reasonable gem in Mid-Town Manhattan"
We were treated well and service was courteous and timely. The room was clean and had bottle water. A minor point is no wifi in the room. The tv was flat screen large enough with HBO.
Ron
"Very welcoming and comfortable stay"
We were there for a night to celebrate a birthday, and we had a great time. Richard and Tommy were extremely friendly and welcoming. The room was clean, and the bathroom was spacious. It was a nice experience overall.
Kim Thu
"Great service"
Helpful staff. Very attentive. Very small room however that's typical for NYC
"Cool Spot"
Perfect Stay. Perfect Location
3 night business trip May 1, 2015
Pamela
"Trip to visit daughter."
Booked our room with Hotels.com for a visit with our daughter who lives in NYC. Typical small room common with many NYC hotels. Not much on ammenities. Friendly staff. Overall acceptable until the day we checked out. Bellman booked a car to pick us up at the hotel to go to JFK airport. Assured us not to worry because it was a private car for hotel guests that would be more reliable and nicer than a regular cab. Well anyone who has stayed in New York knows how hectic it can be to get out of the city and to the airport but we were assured the car would arrive at 5:00 PM in plenty of time to get to the airport. Well 5:30 came and went and still no car. Hotel kept telling us it would be there anytime. Of course by now we are concerned about making it to the airport on time to catch our flight. Next thing we know the desk staff tells us the bellman has gone down the street to try ang flag a cab. It's now about 5:40 and here comes the bellman in a cab. The cab driver tells us it will not be easy to get us there in time but he will try. Well say what you want about cabs but that driver got us there just in the knick of time!Very unhappy tho with the hotel and will not stay or recommend it to anyone.
2 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
"one night stay"
short but sweet. my only real criticism of the room is that the ventilation equipment is close to the bed and the fan was a bit too ferocious
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Henry
"Awesome Hotel Staff in midtown Manhattan"
I can't say enough about the professionalism and friendliness of the hotel front desk and bell desk staff....ABSOLUTELY EXCEPTIONAL! The hotel is conveniently located in midtown Manhattan making many attractions a short walking distance away. Also, easy access to main subway and bus lines nearby. Only, downer about the hotel is the elevators, two of them, extremely slow and often times the cleaning staff is using them as there apparently is no service elevator. But that was a small blemish on an otherwise stellar two-day stay.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
Jonathan
"You get what you pay for!"
The hotel was not near much, the rooms were excessively small. I have stayed in Manhattan SEVERAL times and this was ridiculously small. Saturday night I had to call the front desk 3 times for noise control before security came up at 2:30 a.m. to break up the party. Overall I wasnt impressed with thid hotel and I will NOT stay here again. I tried to save money. Next time I will pay more to be happier!
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
amy
"thumbs up!"
The service and the people work there are very very friendly.
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"my New York experience"
It was relaxing and enjoyable the only thing I would have liked to have had was a view other than looking at buildings every morning other than that it was good. M
3 night trip Apr 17, 2015
linda
"Good for a couple of days..."
Although you pay for the room in advance the hotel takes a deposit of 100 US and they did not inform you at the reception. The lady in the reception was not so cooperative but the rest of the staff was all very professional and kind. The rooms and the bed were perfect, the breakfast OK but we would have liked some cheese!
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Boel
"Wonderful. New. York."
Brought my 87 year old mother to New York for the first time. At first I was leery about having a room next to the elevator. Turned out to be non-event. Room was comfortable and quiet. Did not hear any noise or other hotel guests. We walked everywhere from the hotel. Up to Radio City Music Hall. Down to Macy's, High line Park and Chelsea Market. We put mileage on our sneakers but just as fast as catching a cab Or subway. Saved those to visit ground zero. Walked back to Hotel after late nights on Broadway. Did not feel intimidated by neighborhoods.
4 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Janice
"Great for Business of Pleasure"
I can't say enough good things about my stay here. I travel to NYC almost weekly and have stayed at many hotels in the city. The service here is FAR AND AWAY THE BEST I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED. Sal, Richard and Jennifer all made lasting impressions and were attentive to every need. The room is excellent for business travelers with a good work space, lots of outlets for charging, plenty of counter space in the bathroom, a great shower, great towels and awesome beds. Food at the bar was a great value and it's close to Penn Station for the train to Newark Airport and subway lines. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Great location and perfect for visitors."
A solo getaway to take some time away from my roommates. Lobby was bar area look like it had just been renovated. Room was very small and looks like it needs a bit of a makeover. Convenient location and the price was right.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2015
Stephen M
"A Real Bargain"
Hotel staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, from the front desk to bellman to the servers in the restaurant. When I was having trouble with a computer in the business center a manager came over to help me, and ultimately let me use his computer to accomplish what I had to do. Room size was average for NYC, but plenty spacious enough for our needs. Short walk from Penn Station, lots of restaurants close by. I've paid more for lesser quality at other NYC hotels which had more stars.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"MEDIOCRE HOTEL"
WAITING HALF AN HOUR FOR A SIMPLE BREAKFAST WAS EXHAUSTIVE ROOM WAS QUITE SMALL NEIGHBORHOOD LOWLY
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
ENDER
"would stay again"
We were in town for a Rangers game. Easy walk to MSG and Times Square. Clean room, quiet hotel. Three adults shared the room. Might be tight for four. Room just fit two double beds, but you are in nyc so most of your time is not at the hotel anyway.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Kara
"Awesome Stay"
The only issue we had with this hotel is that the room was small but it is my understanding that all NY rooms are small.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Joann
"good staff"
The best part of our stay was staff members, especially Johnny the maintenance man, a young bell man, and the manager who gave us complimentary breakfast after a problem we had with our room. If it weren't for the staff I wouldn't stay again. But good people are more valuable than updated rooms.
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"NYC Garment District"
This hotel is actually more situated in the Garment District than Times Square South. All employees were very welcoming. The warm cookies upon check in were a pleasant surprise, especially for my daughter. Rooms were small but that's expected in NYC. We couldn't turn off the heater and the manager on duty came right up to turn it off. Overall, I wouldn't mind staying here again. There was not much traffic that we could hear on the streets which was good.
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Convenient, but not the cleanest place..."
The shower had a SERIOUS drainage problem which has created an even more serious MOLD problem. They covered it up with caulk, but it was yucky, smelly and you could see the mold under the clear caulking they used. Also, the furniture was beat up with stains and scratches.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice hotel, nice location"
Nice hotel, very courteous and helpful staff and prime location between Penn Station & Times Square.
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2015
"Very nice staff!!"
The staff was amazing here, very helpful and super nice. The room was super small. The hotel condition was not what I expected for being built in 2008! Overall it is a nice place!
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"NYC first timer"
Staff is exceptional customer service, genuine friendliness, helpful and responsive to questions. Hotel condition though obviously needs TLC (new flooring/carpeting, brighter lobby enhancements, room hallways could be little wider. Seemed more rundown, just took away from overall "experience".
4 night trip Mar 12, 2015
Dwayne
"Mother and daughter reunion"
Staff was excellent
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
jenine
"Great location!"
perfect location and surprisingly quiet for midtown Manhattan. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I always look for a Doubletree Hotel as I know to expect a nice hotel at a great price!
4 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Denise
"Madison Square Garden Safe Bet"
My daughter and I have a favorite NYC hotel but we needed a place close to Madison Square Garden for this trip. Double Trees are usually a good safe bet and this one was no different. We found the staff to be extremely accommodating and friendly, the hotel clean with scrumptious towels. We will most certainly take advantage of their hospitality again.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Joanne
"Iffy Location. Nice Hotel"
This Double Tree is located on 36th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. The block on which the hotel is located is a bit sketchy at night and consists mainly of large wharehouse-type buildings. Not a lot of pedistrian traffic at night. Low lighting too. The hotel itself was very nice. The room was small, as you might expect, but the bathroom and bed were very nice, the linens great, and it appeared very clean. I did not eat at the restaurant but it seemed to be busy. There was no refrigerator in the room, which would have been nice. I was on a busniess trip and simply needed a place to rest. It was great for that purpose. But the location is such that I would not encourage my wife or daughters to stay there solo, ONLY because of the location. The staff and my room were perfectly fine.
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Great Deal!! Great Hospitality!!"
Accommodated early ck in.....Staff very courteous in ensured we enjoyed our stay and asked to come again. Personal attention!
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Definitely coming back!"
Everything from check-in to check-out was terrific. We were early and our room wasn't ready so they upgraded us. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Will definitely stay there again. Only downside was the restaurant - service not good and food so-so. But otherwise perfect!
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Georgine
"Hotel review"
Room was small and the curtains were dirty, and the bathroom door would not stay open..
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Salone
"Cleans and great staff"
wonderful and friendly staff, very clean, great breakfast. My only complaint would be that the beds need to be replaced. otherwise we enjoyed our stay
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Tracey
"Double Tree"
Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Best Concierge staff"
The elevators were slow and would by-pass the floor you were on for no reason. However, the concierge staff was the best I've experienced anywhere. Always friendly, attentive and helpful. You could not enter or exit without Sal speaking to you and genuinely inquire about your day and help you get where you need to be.
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
gina
"Great experience!"
Great stay with a very friendly staff!
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Close to everything"
Stayed for one night, the bell men were extremely helpful. The free cookies were a plus! The room was clean, small but good size for a New York hotel. I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
heather
"Room suggestion"
A small fridge and bathtub would be my suggestion for the room. The bed was comfy!
4 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"Small but clean and updated rooms."
My stay was decent. The room and the hotel seemed extremely small and cramp. However, once I settled in, the space was fine. I mean, you really only have the bed and the bathroom to move around. No dresser drawer which I perfer, so that sucked.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Keisha
"Pretty good for the business traveler"
For the price, this is a good option for the business traveler or tourist who is seeking a place in midtown Manhattan. I wouldn't choose it for a family stay because of the neighborhood and the small size of the rooms, or for a honeymoon room because the decor is not particularly romantic, but it is fine, and clean enough for a night or two if what you need basically is a place to watch tv and sleep.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"NY trip"
Very comfortable rooms and very nice friendly saff.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"great stay"
Great stay, I really didn't have any issues
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2015
NevillE
"Can't recommend"
Though the staff was nice, it would be hard for me to recommend this hotel--we were given a queen room when we booked a king (we were told there was no guarantee that what we booked is what we would get even though it doesn't say this when you book, though they ended up giving us the king), our smoke alarm started going off in the middle of the night because of an old battery (every couple hours at first, but then every few minutes--it took 1.5 hours to get fixed), there was no hot water for the better part of a day, and then our hairdryer was broken once the hot water did come on and it took a couple of calls to get a new one & there was a dinner reservation to get to... The staff gave us breakfast vouchers b/c of the room and Hilton points b/c of the alarm, which was very nice. We were then told by the manager that he would give us add'l points b/c of all the problems, but despite emailing with him, the points have not shown up & 3.5 mos have passed... Given the problems, there are just too many choices in this price range for this part of town to recommend this particular hotel.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"DOUBLE TREE"
HOTEL WAS OK BUT I GOT OVERCHARGE AND AND I COMPLAIN AND NOTHING GOT DONE SO I WELL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN THANKS FOR NOTHING
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015