All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here341 West 36th Street, New York, NY, 10018, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Great location and perfect for visitors."
A solo getaway to take some time away from my roommates. Lobby was bar area look like it had just been renovated. Room was very small and looks like it needs a bit of a makeover. Convenient location and the price was right.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2015
Stephen M
"A Real Bargain"
Hotel staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, from the front desk to bellman to the servers in the restaurant. When I was having trouble with a computer in the business center a manager came over to help me, and ultimately let me use his computer to accomplish what I had to do. Room size was average for NYC, but plenty spacious enough for our needs. Short walk from Penn Station, lots of restaurants close by. I've paid more for lesser quality at other NYC hotels which had more stars.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"MEDIOCRE HOTEL"
WAITING HALF AN HOUR FOR A SIMPLE BREAKFAST WAS EXHAUSTIVE ROOM WAS QUITE SMALL NEIGHBORHOOD LOWLY
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
ENDER
"would stay again"
We were in town for a Rangers game. Easy walk to MSG and Times Square. Clean room, quiet hotel. Three adults shared the room. Might be tight for four. Room just fit two double beds, but you are in nyc so most of your time is not at the hotel anyway.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Kara
"Awesome Stay"
The only issue we had with this hotel is that the room was small but it is my understanding that all NY rooms are small.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Joann
"good staff"
The best part of our stay was staff members, especially Johnny the maintenance man, a young bell man, and the manager who gave us complimentary breakfast after a problem we had with our room. If it weren't for the staff I wouldn't stay again. But good people are more valuable than updated rooms.
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"NYC Garment District"
This hotel is actually more situated in the Garment District than Times Square South. All employees were very welcoming. The warm cookies upon check in were a pleasant surprise, especially for my daughter. Rooms were small but that's expected in NYC. We couldn't turn off the heater and the manager on duty came right up to turn it off. Overall, I wouldn't mind staying here again. There was not much traffic that we could hear on the streets which was good.
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Convenient, but not the cleanest place..."
The shower had a SERIOUS drainage problem which has created an even more serious MOLD problem. They covered it up with caulk, but it was yucky, smelly and you could see the mold under the clear caulking they used. Also, the furniture was beat up with stains and scratches.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice hotel, nice location"
Nice hotel, very courteous and helpful staff and prime location between Penn Station & Times Square.
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2015
"Very nice staff!!"
The staff was amazing here, very helpful and super nice. The room was super small. The hotel condition was not what I expected for being built in 2008! Overall it is a nice place!
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"NYC first timer"
Staff is exceptional customer service, genuine friendliness, helpful and responsive to questions. Hotel condition though obviously needs TLC (new flooring/carpeting, brighter lobby enhancements, room hallways could be little wider. Seemed more rundown, just took away from overall "experience".
4 night trip Mar 12, 2015
Dwayne
"Mother and daughter reunion"
Staff was excellent
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
jenine
"Great location!"
perfect location and surprisingly quiet for midtown Manhattan. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I always look for a Doubletree Hotel as I know to expect a nice hotel at a great price!
4 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Denise
"Madison Square Garden Safe Bet"
My daughter and I have a favorite NYC hotel but we needed a place close to Madison Square Garden for this trip. Double Trees are usually a good safe bet and this one was no different. We found the staff to be extremely accommodating and friendly, the hotel clean with scrumptious towels. We will most certainly take advantage of their hospitality again.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Joanne
"Iffy Location. Nice Hotel"
This Double Tree is located on 36th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. The block on which the hotel is located is a bit sketchy at night and consists mainly of large wharehouse-type buildings. Not a lot of pedistrian traffic at night. Low lighting too. The hotel itself was very nice. The room was small, as you might expect, but the bathroom and bed were very nice, the linens great, and it appeared very clean. I did not eat at the restaurant but it seemed to be busy. There was no refrigerator in the room, which would have been nice. I was on a busniess trip and simply needed a place to rest. It was great for that purpose. But the location is such that I would not encourage my wife or daughters to stay there solo, ONLY because of the location. The staff and my room were perfectly fine.
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Great Deal!! Great Hospitality!!"
Accommodated early ck in.....Staff very courteous in ensured we enjoyed our stay and asked to come again. Personal attention!
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Definitely coming back!"
Everything from check-in to check-out was terrific. We were early and our room wasn't ready so they upgraded us. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Will definitely stay there again. Only downside was the restaurant - service not good and food so-so. But otherwise perfect!
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Georgine
"Hotel review"
Room was small and the curtains were dirty, and the bathroom door would not stay open..
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Salone
"Cleans and great staff"
wonderful and friendly staff, very clean, great breakfast. My only complaint would be that the beds need to be replaced. otherwise we enjoyed our stay
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Tracey
"Double Tree"
Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Best Concierge staff"
The elevators were slow and would by-pass the floor you were on for no reason. However, the concierge staff was the best I've experienced anywhere. Always friendly, attentive and helpful. You could not enter or exit without Sal speaking to you and genuinely inquire about your day and help you get where you need to be.
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
gina
"Great experience!"
Great stay with a very friendly staff!
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Close to everything"
Stayed for one night, the bell men were extremely helpful. The free cookies were a plus! The room was clean, small but good size for a New York hotel. I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
heather
"Room suggestion"
A small fridge and bathtub would be my suggestion for the room. The bed was comfy!
4 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"Small but clean and updated rooms."
My stay was decent. The room and the hotel seemed extremely small and cramp. However, once I settled in, the space was fine. I mean, you really only have the bed and the bathroom to move around. No dresser drawer which I perfer, so that sucked.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Keisha
"Pretty good for the business traveler"
For the price, this is a good option for the business traveler or tourist who is seeking a place in midtown Manhattan. I wouldn't choose it for a family stay because of the neighborhood and the small size of the rooms, or for a honeymoon room because the decor is not particularly romantic, but it is fine, and clean enough for a night or two if what you need basically is a place to watch tv and sleep.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"NY trip"
Very comfortable rooms and very nice friendly saff.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"great stay"
Great stay, I really didn't have any issues
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2015
NevillE
"Can't recommend"
Though the staff was nice, it would be hard for me to recommend this hotel--we were given a queen room when we booked a king (we were told there was no guarantee that what we booked is what we would get even though it doesn't say this when you book, though they ended up giving us the king), our smoke alarm started going off in the middle of the night because of an old battery (every couple hours at first, but then every few minutes--it took 1.5 hours to get fixed), there was no hot water for the better part of a day, and then our hairdryer was broken once the hot water did come on and it took a couple of calls to get a new one & there was a dinner reservation to get to... The staff gave us breakfast vouchers b/c of the room and Hilton points b/c of the alarm, which was very nice. We were then told by the manager that he would give us add'l points b/c of all the problems, but despite emailing with him, the points have not shown up & 3.5 mos have passed... Given the problems, there are just too many choices in this price range for this part of town to recommend this particular hotel.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"DOUBLE TREE"
HOTEL WAS OK BUT I GOT OVERCHARGE AND AND I COMPLAIN AND NOTHING GOT DONE SO I WELL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN THANKS FOR NOTHING
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
luis
"Eboni and Double Tree are the dream team!"
We went on an NYC trip for our anniversary. Staying at this hotel was the best choice we made. It was centrally located, clean, up to date, but most importantly the staff was AMAZING!! We felt like the only people staying there, which is hard to do in a big city. Eboni, who worked the front desk, went out of her way for us, everyday, every shift. The bartender, Carmenza, and bellhop, Sal, were equally amazing. They all took pride in their jobs and it showed. We will be back to NYC, and we will make sure to stay at the doubletree! Thank you all who made this trip memorable.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"old carpet could be changed. small rooms and halls"
staff excellent....outstanding !!!!
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Not satisfied"
Problems with plumbing in the room. It was fixed after engineer repaired the problem. asked for additional towels and a blanket but never received it. The bathroom was semi clean...brown particles on wall and surrounding the toilet. The room was too small. Uncomfortable for two people to walk around at the same time.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Mbahlia
My first time experience here was actually good. Everything is close by in the neighborhood such as; restaurants, shopping areas, and Time Square. I will definitely recommend this hotel.
3 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Monroe
"Awesome"
Just an awesome place! Close to everything!
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
PatriciaY
"hotel"
Staff were excellent, very helpful.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2015
Mandi
"Recommend for visitors using Amtrak into New York"
Great location to plays and Penn Station. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good value for the price.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"..."
Upon arrival, my family and I were all greeted by a very friendly host and bellhop and we were each offered a fresh baked cookie. We had to have the linen to our bed changed because of some questionable stains and the floor needed to be vacuumed, but housekeeping was very pleasant with taking care of this. I do wish the room was bigger, I didn't expect it to be so small for a double. One of the bellhop's succeeded in finding us transportation into the Bronx after our efforts failed an hour into the search. Breakfast was included in the package we chose, and they definitely delivered a delicious experience. The fitness center was basic equipped with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, an exercise bike, yoga mats, and a weight machine. Some free weights would be a wonderful addition. If not for anything else, I would visit again for the breakfast and great service.
2 night family trip Feb 25, 2015
"Room was fine. Parking was a mess."
Hotel stay was fine. The third party valet service was a mess. We were told it would be 45 minutes for the service. No temp parking available. Hotel staff told me I could drive to parking garage myself. I attempted to go to their third party garage and it was full. Eventually made my way back to hotel and a spot was available on street and eventually I had the valet service park it. Took 1hr and 15 mins before I made it into the room. Unacceptable.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Ryan
"Convenient NYC Stay"
We stayed here to be close to Penn Station within easy access of the 8th Ave Subway and Broadway. The location was great for this. The doormen and the check-in people were wonderful. The staff was not quite as good at getting to the room for small issues. Loved the fresh chocolate chip cookies every evening and having breakfast in the hotel. Also, being able to use hotel computers to get online. We had a great stay even though the weather was really difficult to deal with being mid-February, 2015. And the price was great
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Belinda
"Element Hotel business trip"
Very nice hotel. Location is great. Room is small for the price, but it is NYC. I had a view of the New York Times building, which was pretty cool. They also serve free breakfast and free snacks and drinks in the evening, which is a huge plus. Saves lots of money. Elevators are slow, but the rooms are clean. Maybe not the luxury you'd expect for a Starwood property, but a fine hotel nonetheless. I would stay here again.
5 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"Better options nearby"
When I arrived at the room, it had not been cleaned. There were footprints on the carpet and used tissue in the bathroom sink. I was moved to a new room, which was very small and cramped. The decor was older and in desperate need of an update. The coat hanger on the wall was actually broken. The TV was a nicer flat screen with good quality. Surprisingly, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Given the price of the room, I cut my 3 night stay short and booked another hotel in the same price range a few blocks away that was much nicer.
3 night trip Feb 20, 2015
"Double Tree Chelsea, NY"
The rooms were very small, and over a 5 day stay, got a little smaller
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"Great staff, poor building."
The staff are amazing, however the hotel rooms are rediculously small. Noise easily goes through the walls, and the elevators take too long to go up and down.
6 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Earnest
"average hotel at above average pricing"
the room is small even for New York standards and there was cold air coming in through the in wall heater/air conditioner. this made the room uncomfortable. it was either hot or cold. the staff was excellent though. Very friendly and took a lot of pride in catering to my needs. the location is very convenient for a trade show at the javitt center and pretty close to Penn station.
5 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Timothy
"quick overnight stay"
cookies was everything, room was quiet. great location for price. looking for city lights from the top floor forget about it. looking for a cheap relaxing stay sign up now
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Rodney
"i like"
Very nice
2 night trip Feb 11, 2015
Vanessa
"Best Hotel in NYC yet!"
Unbelievable Service! The staff was amazing. Special thanks to Josie, Todd, and Jennifer at the front desk. These folks went above and beyond to make our stay the absolute best! Room size consistent with most other hotels in NYC Room was extremely clean Had an issue with the AC upon check-in - Maintenance was there in less than 5 minutes and resolved the issue. Will do everything possible to make this my home away from home in NYC.
4 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
Shane
"Would stay again"
Very friendly staff, clean rooms (although a bit small). Close to Times Square.
2 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
Chloe
"Great staff"
I really liked the staff at this hotel, as they were very friendly and were always willing to help. They were very prompt, professional and outgoing. Everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff was great. I'd recommend avoiding the elevators during check-out time, as there was usually a long wait, especially if you were on a lower floor. The bar was nice and there were always a lot of people down there in the evenings. The bed was comfortable and the room was a good size for mid-town Manhattan. Overall, I think this was a good hotel and I would recommend it (as long as you don't mind taking the stairs sometimes.)
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2015