All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
341 West 36th Street, New York, NY, 10018, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Nice, clean and convenient"
Great location for price. Staff was great.
2 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"Good place to stay on NYC"
The staff was very accommodating. Very friendly. Neighborhood was noisy but we didn't hear it from our room.
7 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Roberta
"Kids first trip to NYC"
Everyone was very friendly and helpful! My kids loved the warm cookies! I would definitely stay here again. It was was close to everything, but not in the middle of Times Square. This was great because it was quiet! Also really close the the High Line which was a pleasant surprise!
3 night family trip May 7, 2015
Jenni
"nice option in mid-town, great staff!"
Quick biz trip and I was worried about the proximity to Times Sqaure - but it was just south enough to be out of the main tourist fray. The hotel was nice, but what really made the stay was the staff....from the front desk to the bell staff. Breakfast wasn't great, but nice to have it included and continental options were OK.....plus there's so many other options in NY who cares about breakfast. Recommend and would stay again.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Nice, clean hotel in great location"
My mom and myself took a girls trip to NYC and had a great stay at this hotel. We checked in extremely late, about 3am due to a delayed flight, and had no issue getting into our room. We were also offered a 2 bed room for no additional charge, which was much more comfy sleeping arrangements than sharing a bed! We were also greeted with 2 warm chocolate chip cookies...a welcome gift after our long journey there. Overall this was a clean, friendly, quiet hotel.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Sara
"Nice hotel close to EVERYTHING!"
Great and kind hotel staff, we were close to everything. The room was very small for a family of 4 but it was nice and clean. The bellman Sal was by far the most kind bellman of our trip in 6 cities :)
Other trip May 15, 2015
david
"Awesome stay!"
We really enjoyed our stay on this beautiful hotel. The room was very clean and well kept. The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was very nice with all the right essentials.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Eunice
It was great. The staff was really friendly. It was our first time in New York. the mayweather vs pacquio fight was going on and we needed a place to watch it at. Staff member Richard called a few bars to see if they were showing the fight. He found us a bar.
3 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Margie
"Great price and location."
Great location to almost anywhere in the city. Great staff and clean rooms.
4 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
Tracy
"Double tree surprised me!"
We were there for the bike New York tour. Richard helped us store our bikes and he was so helpful. Everything was great! They offered chocolate chip cookies and Shirley temples for my girls who are allergic to nuts! The room was small, but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom well decorated. There were a few maintenance issues like the bathroom door handle was broken and the sink leaked a little.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Excellent Service"
I enjoyed myself and I loved the way the staff greated me
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Ketty
"A reasonable gem in Mid-Town Manhattan"
We were treated well and service was courteous and timely. The room was clean and had bottle water. A minor point is no wifi in the room. The tv was flat screen large enough with HBO.
Ron
"Very welcoming and comfortable stay"
We were there for a night to celebrate a birthday, and we had a great time. Richard and Tommy were extremely friendly and welcoming. The room was clean, and the bathroom was spacious. It was a nice experience overall.
Kim Thu
"Great service"
Helpful staff. Very attentive. Very small room however that's typical for NYC
"Cool Spot"
Perfect Stay. Perfect Location
3 night business trip May 1, 2015
Pamela
"Trip to visit daughter."
Booked our room with Hotels.com for a visit with our daughter who lives in NYC. Typical small room common with many NYC hotels. Not much on ammenities. Friendly staff. Overall acceptable until the day we checked out. Bellman booked a car to pick us up at the hotel to go to JFK airport. Assured us not to worry because it was a private car for hotel guests that would be more reliable and nicer than a regular cab. Well anyone who has stayed in New York knows how hectic it can be to get out of the city and to the airport but we were assured the car would arrive at 5:00 PM in plenty of time to get to the airport. Well 5:30 came and went and still no car. Hotel kept telling us it would be there anytime. Of course by now we are concerned about making it to the airport on time to catch our flight. Next thing we know the desk staff tells us the bellman has gone down the street to try ang flag a cab. It's now about 5:40 and here comes the bellman in a cab. The cab driver tells us it will not be easy to get us there in time but he will try. Well say what you want about cabs but that driver got us there just in the knick of time!Very unhappy tho with the hotel and will not stay or recommend it to anyone.
2 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
"one night stay"
short but sweet. my only real criticism of the room is that the ventilation equipment is close to the bed and the fan was a bit too ferocious
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Henry
"Awesome Hotel Staff in midtown Manhattan"
I can't say enough about the professionalism and friendliness of the hotel front desk and bell desk staff....ABSOLUTELY EXCEPTIONAL! The hotel is conveniently located in midtown Manhattan making many attractions a short walking distance away. Also, easy access to main subway and bus lines nearby. Only, downer about the hotel is the elevators, two of them, extremely slow and often times the cleaning staff is using them as there apparently is no service elevator. But that was a small blemish on an otherwise stellar two-day stay.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
Jonathan
"You get what you pay for!"
The hotel was not near much, the rooms were excessively small. I have stayed in Manhattan SEVERAL times and this was ridiculously small. Saturday night I had to call the front desk 3 times for noise control before security came up at 2:30 a.m. to break up the party. Overall I wasnt impressed with thid hotel and I will NOT stay here again. I tried to save money. Next time I will pay more to be happier!
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
amy
"Not what I expected."
Very small bedroom in fact I booked a room with a king size bed. Only two small elevators that u have to wait for them for a while. Bags and bags of trash right next to the hotel front door.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Aga
"thumbs up!"
The service and the people work there are very very friendly.
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"my New York experience"
It was relaxing and enjoyable the only thing I would have liked to have had was a view other than looking at buildings every morning other than that it was good. M
3 night trip Apr 17, 2015
linda
"Good for a couple of days..."
Although you pay for the room in advance the hotel takes a deposit of 100 US and they did not inform you at the reception. The lady in the reception was not so cooperative but the rest of the staff was all very professional and kind. The rooms and the bed were perfect, the breakfast OK but we would have liked some cheese!
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Boel
"Wonderful. New. York."
Brought my 87 year old mother to New York for the first time. At first I was leery about having a room next to the elevator. Turned out to be non-event. Room was comfortable and quiet. Did not hear any noise or other hotel guests. We walked everywhere from the hotel. Up to Radio City Music Hall. Down to Macy's, High line Park and Chelsea Market. We put mileage on our sneakers but just as fast as catching a cab Or subway. Saved those to visit ground zero. Walked back to Hotel after late nights on Broadway. Did not feel intimidated by neighborhoods.
4 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Janice
"Great for Business of Pleasure"
I can't say enough good things about my stay here. I travel to NYC almost weekly and have stayed at many hotels in the city. The service here is FAR AND AWAY THE BEST I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED. Sal, Richard and Jennifer all made lasting impressions and were attentive to every need. The room is excellent for business travelers with a good work space, lots of outlets for charging, plenty of counter space in the bathroom, a great shower, great towels and awesome beds. Food at the bar was a great value and it's close to Penn Station for the train to Newark Airport and subway lines. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Great location and perfect for visitors."
A solo getaway to take some time away from my roommates. Lobby was bar area look like it had just been renovated. Room was very small and looks like it needs a bit of a makeover. Convenient location and the price was right.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2015
Stephen M
this is not a 4 star hotel as advertised for - the room we got was too small. Asked for a change of room but answer was negative. some workers are too invasive and willing to provide services you don't need just to receive a tip.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"A Real Bargain"
Hotel staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, from the front desk to bellman to the servers in the restaurant. When I was having trouble with a computer in the business center a manager came over to help me, and ultimately let me use his computer to accomplish what I had to do. Room size was average for NYC, but plenty spacious enough for our needs. Short walk from Penn Station, lots of restaurants close by. I've paid more for lesser quality at other NYC hotels which had more stars.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"MEDIOCRE HOTEL"
WAITING HALF AN HOUR FOR A SIMPLE BREAKFAST WAS EXHAUSTIVE ROOM WAS QUITE SMALL NEIGHBORHOOD LOWLY
3 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
ENDER
"would stay again"
We were in town for a Rangers game. Easy walk to MSG and Times Square. Clean room, quiet hotel. Three adults shared the room. Might be tight for four. Room just fit two double beds, but you are in nyc so most of your time is not at the hotel anyway.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Kara
"Awesome Stay"
The only issue we had with this hotel is that the room was small but it is my understanding that all NY rooms are small.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Joann
"good staff"
The best part of our stay was staff members, especially Johnny the maintenance man, a young bell man, and the manager who gave us complimentary breakfast after a problem we had with our room. If it weren't for the staff I wouldn't stay again. But good people are more valuable than updated rooms.
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Conveniently close, quiet, updated, AMAZING STAFF!"
The level of service here was outstanding - hospitality is understood at this Hilton property. From check in to luggage service to valet to concierge - all went above and beyond. Room was decent size for NYC standards at a decent rate and nicely updated. Valet parking was very necessary for this trip and was convenient. The location was great - just a quick walk a couple blocks to Times Square so quiet at night because it's just far enough off the main streets. Soundproofing was outstanding. My room was next to elevator and I never heard it once. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean and new.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Jaxx
"NYC Garment District"
This hotel is actually more situated in the Garment District than Times Square South. All employees were very welcoming. The warm cookies upon check in were a pleasant surprise, especially for my daughter. Rooms were small but that's expected in NYC. We couldn't turn off the heater and the manager on duty came right up to turn it off. Overall, I wouldn't mind staying here again. There was not much traffic that we could hear on the streets which was good.
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"They didn't have a room for me"
My flight was delayed so I called the hotel to tell them that I was going to be late and was told no problem - they would have a room. When I arrived at 2 am they didn't have a room and sent me on a 35 minute cab ride to a different hotel. Then they made me come back to that hotel the next day for one night.
"200 ft from NYC center, as orientated on Googlmaps"
My 13yr old daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay in the heart of the city. Staff was extra nice, and seemed sincere. Front desk prompt, polite, helpful, and engaging. Tisha had some great information on find theater tickets and general information on nice places to visit on your stay. Location is close to the all the action.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
AJ
"Convenient, but not the cleanest place..."
The shower had a SERIOUS drainage problem which has created an even more serious MOLD problem. They covered it up with caulk, but it was yucky, smelly and you could see the mold under the clear caulking they used. Also, the furniture was beat up with stains and scratches.
1 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice hotel, nice location"
Nice hotel, very courteous and helpful staff and prime location between Penn Station & Times Square.
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2015
"Great location & amenities, useful to confirm resv"
This is a great hotel in an excellent location with better than average amenities. The hotel customer service is slightly lacking compared to other hotels close by but overall it is a place I would recommend. The rooms are very nice and clean with good insulation so outside noise is blocked out pretty well. The on-site restaurant "Greenhouse 36" staff is wonderful and very accommodating (they did not have any skim milk, which was surprising, but they were friendly in explaining that they felt bad about it ... it clearly was not their fault and they should not be punished, but if management is listening, please fix this). I did experience a frustrating issue upon check-in where the hotel staff did not have my reservation correct (no breakfast, wrong room / bed type, incorrect address and loyalty information). It was a bit painful to get it corrected but ultimately it was sorted out. The fact that it took 3 calls to the front desk and 30 minutes to get the correct room was very frustrating; it also seemed that there was no manager available to escalate the issue to at the time of check-in. The hotel blamed it on Expedia, which is suspect because I book with Expedia all the time and have not experienced this at other hotels. Even after showing the e-mail confirmation and my HHonors Gold level it was painful. Overall, the hotel customer service is slightly lacking but it's a good spot and I would not hesitate to recommend it with the caveat to confirm via phone.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Snowman
"Very nice staff!!"
The staff was amazing here, very helpful and super nice. The room was super small. The hotel condition was not what I expected for being built in 2008! Overall it is a nice place!
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"good location"
the room is small (but it's in the city so expected). The 2 elevators are slow when many people are up and down. One night we felt hot so tried to turn on A/C. But instead the heater came on and made it hotter. We had to turn it off and opened a window. Staffs were nice. The check-in was fine for us but expected delay when others were check-in/out because the front desk is very small.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"NYC first timer"
Staff is exceptional customer service, genuine friendliness, helpful and responsive to questions. Hotel condition though obviously needs TLC (new flooring/carpeting, brighter lobby enhancements, room hallways could be little wider. Seemed more rundown, just took away from overall "experience".
4 night trip Mar 12, 2015
Dwayne
"Mother and daughter reunion"
Staff was excellent
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
jenine
"Great location!"
perfect location and surprisingly quiet for midtown Manhattan. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I always look for a Doubletree Hotel as I know to expect a nice hotel at a great price!
4 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Denise
"Madison Square Garden Safe Bet"
My daughter and I have a favorite NYC hotel but we needed a place close to Madison Square Garden for this trip. Double Trees are usually a good safe bet and this one was no different. We found the staff to be extremely accommodating and friendly, the hotel clean with scrumptious towels. We will most certainly take advantage of their hospitality again.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Joanne
"Iffy Location. Nice Hotel"
This Double Tree is located on 36th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. The block on which the hotel is located is a bit sketchy at night and consists mainly of large wharehouse-type buildings. Not a lot of pedistrian traffic at night. Low lighting too. The hotel itself was very nice. The room was small, as you might expect, but the bathroom and bed were very nice, the linens great, and it appeared very clean. I did not eat at the restaurant but it seemed to be busy. There was no refrigerator in the room, which would have been nice. I was on a busniess trip and simply needed a place to rest. It was great for that purpose. But the location is such that I would not encourage my wife or daughters to stay there solo, ONLY because of the location. The staff and my room were perfectly fine.
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Great Deal!! Great Hospitality!!"
Accommodated early ck in.....Staff very courteous in ensured we enjoyed our stay and asked to come again. Personal attention!
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Very nice hotel."
I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Staff was friendly. The room was clean. The only downside is that even though the area was called Time Square South, the hotel was a little further from Time Square than I was expecting. I even got a good deal on the rate. Very pleased! Not only would I recommend but I would absolutely stay there again.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Ruth
"Definitely coming back!"
Everything from check-in to check-out was terrific. We were early and our room wasn't ready so they upgraded us. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Will definitely stay there again. Only downside was the restaurant - service not good and food so-so. But otherwise perfect!
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Georgine
"Hotel review"
Room was small and the curtains were dirty, and the bathroom door would not stay open..
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2015