All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
341 West 36th Street, New York, NY, 10018, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

Good internet service
    Poor vibe
    Uncomfortable
"Noisy place"
Very noisy, rooms are very small, dirty windows.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
Jean-Paul
"Affordable room in convenient location"
This hotel is close to Times Square without being in the middle of the noise and bustle. It's easy walking distance to plenty of attractions, plus tons of restaurants, shops, and transportation options. Rooms were on the smaller side, but in New York, that's to be expected. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.
3 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
Hollie
"Business Travel in NYC"
Nice place, clean room and very helpful staff. The room is just very small.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
"Don't Do It!"
1) Paid extra for city view - room not available on arrival 2) Check-in time on booking 3pm - told check-in was 4pm on arrival 3) was shown alternative room only to be told after agreeing to put up with it that the other clerk had given it away to somebody else 4) Room was filthy 5) Shower moldy 6) Shower plug was blocked and previous occupants soap scum came up 7) TV didn't work 8) Toilet seat rotten 9) View was of a derelict building and heavy construction work going on right outside 10) Booked for 2 nights - checked out after one due to the horrendous conditions 11) Was told I couldn't have any money back for the night I didn't stay
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
"Not the best stay"
The hair dryer was not working and they had to bring me a total of three hair dryers..not good. There was no one to help you get a cab
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2015
Maritza
"Tiny hotel in a deceiving location"
Booked this hotel thinking it was the Times Square location, but the "South" factor puts you in a not so great area. The room is super tiny like a dorm room. The AC does not properly function. Most uncomfortable room I've ever stayed in.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
kylie
"Dirty Room"
I stayed at this Doubletree in TimesSquare on Monday night (09/21). Room 411 had bugs in bed and the room they moved me to was dirty w/hair everywhere (in the bed and on the toilet seat). They clearly had not properly cleaned the room before they moved me there. (Pretty sure this is a heath code violation). When I spoke to the manager in the morning, she could really have cared less. She said that since I bought the room via Hotels.com all she could do was give me a complimentary breakfast. This service was super disappointing considering Doubletree is a Hitlon branch, and I paid $290 for the room. It's one thing to be rude, but it's straight up nasty to have rooms with bugs and rooms that aren't clean. It's been three days, and I'm still waiting for the general manager to email me, which just shows they have horrible customer service.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Naomi
"Sardine can"
Incredibly small room and they said I was upgraded because of being a Hilton member .. Not even any room for a suitcase
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
roger
"Good value for money"
Great location. Room was small but clean. The hotel staff is amazing and bent over backwards any time we needed help. Nice little restaurant and bar on the premises. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Kenneth
"firsst time from wisconsin"
construction noise was bad
3 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Douglas
"Good location , poor hotel"
This hotel should not carry the name of Hilton , it is misleading. In any other city than NY this would be a two star at best. It is time to remodel and refresh!!!
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
prosper
"Location"
Loooovee cookies. Bed fresh. Close to penn station
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
MARIA
"Not a great stay"
Had reserved this hotel room well ahead of time. Despite fact that I am Hilton Gold, gave me a room suited for disabled accommodation. Room was ok, but spartan. And fitness facility was a joke. Hotel staff were nice.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
"Never ever, ever coming back."
I had to move 3 rooms before I got one worth sleeping. 1st was stinking and I had hard time convincing them for another room than they finally gave me an other room only to realize after 10 mins it had a broken AC. Than they gave me another room which was decent in terms of other rooms (still not great in terms of Hilton standards). I have stayed over 200 nights in hotels and by far the worst experience I faced ever. The only thing worth mentioning as positive was the assistant Sal was courteous and offered a complimentary breakfast for the hassle I had to go through but this is definitely the last thing you would want to face after a 6 hour flight.
3 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
Harish
"1963/52"
Luv, my room. Very clean, bed and pillows were comfy. My view wasn't the best, but I was in walking distance to subway and accessible to everything.
3 night trip Sep 6, 2015
Good location, but a bit old.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
CarmenMiluska
"pretty good"
Problem with room key we have to went back many times to get it fix,
3 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Wimolrat
The room was so small that I had to open my suitcase on the bed. We had to wait wait a long time for elevator.
2 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
cyrus
"Great Staff"
Hotel was comfortable, rooms can use some updates. Staff was super friendly, especially Sal, the bellman, who went above and beyond to answer questions, and help with bags.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
ralph
"Shady Hotel - Stay far away!"
Hotel picture on the website does it's best to make it look real special. However, when I arrived, their was trash and litter around the walkways along with a big construction site blocking part of the entrance. The first room they put me in had a construction team directly outside my window hammering away making the noise level unbearable. I immediately requested a new room away from the construction - couldn't understand why they would book those rooms in the first place? Got my new room on the eight floor, and be prepared to walk the stairs as often times only 1 elevator was working. Water out of the bathroom faucet was initially brown for the first few seconds every time I tried to use it. They also run a pretty slick scam at happy hour - they advertise $5 mixed drinks from 5pm - 7pm - when I got the bill for a Jack & Coke, it was $21 dollars??? The bartender explained the happy hour was only for house liquor, which he couldn't tell me what brand it was, but said JD was considered a top shelf brand at their bar so the special didn't apply - seriously? My business trip ended a day early, and when I went to check out, they told me I would have to take up the refund with Hotels.com for the extra day. I followed up with Hotels.com, and was told it was up to the hotel to provide the refund - so basically I am out an extra $215 because the hotel front desk played the runaround game to ensure no refund could be negotiated. I would never give them my business again.
4 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
Craig
"Nothing is ever perfect, but this did the trick."
Showed up at 9pm and there was a little bit of a line to check-in because one of the front desk attendant was on break at the time. Everyone was super friendly, was greeted by the bellhop with a cookie. The bellhop was really nice and helpful and really made you feel welcome. I got up to my room and was a little confused because my reservation specified one king sized bed, but it definitely must have been a double sized. I kept meaning to say something at the front desk, but forgot. It was fine because I was just one person... but still, did I overpay? Not sure what happened there. I also didn't have a shower curtain. That was kind of strange. So I told the bellhop on my way out that night and when I got back, someone had put up a curtain. Oh, and I didn't see a fridge either, which I though was unconventional. I thought all hotel rooms these days have some sort of refrigeration. Other than that, all was good. Bed was amazingly comfortable, which is just what I was looking for. Location fit my needs for the weekend.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2015
"Great Service"
The smoke alarm battery was bad and started beeping at 4 AM but the hotel service came right up after we called and changed it right away. Service was outstanding and the warm walnut chocolate chip cookies at the front desk were amazing!
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Gregoire
"Nice hotel, good location"
Great place to stay, when visiting New York and looking for a decently priced hotel.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Very disappointing. The Hotel itself is great, and such is the location. Yet, the customer service is very poor. First they did not give me the room I was paying for. I paid for King bed, and found myself in a room with a Queen bed. They then said they will compensate me with 20% off my payment and did not deliver that too. Highly disappointing.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
We really enjoyed our stay. It was somewhat off of the main avenue, but ok for two people walking together. The hotel staff were all wonderful and the maid was exceptional! We would highly recommend the hotel itself. However, we just wish that the location was more accessible to the main avenues without the extra walking.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Greeted with smiles from the sidewalk to the Lobby to the check in desk... Hotel perfect location for a Madison Square Garden concert and Port Authority Bus terminal. Spacious bathroom. Overnight stay with my college bound daughter. Perfect
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
patricia
A little further from Times Square than we wanted. Hotel was very clean. Breakfast too expensive for buffet.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"inexpensive but poorly kept"
Very good price at the last minute. Extremely friendly front desk and lobby staff. Very good concierge. Location not good - dirty street and out of the way but walkable to penn station and times square. Mold in shower.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Breakfast buffet was bad. Staff had to be asked several times to bring more food out
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Workable but basic and starting to show wear"
Average hotel, a bit threadbare around the edges. Nothing terrible and totally workable, but just seemed a bit tired.
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
Fantastic hotel in great area
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Natasha
"Just right for a few night in Manhattan"
Good location, good price for the area. Clean hotel. Great place to stay on a visit to Manhattan.
2 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
"Service great. Room ok"
Shower door leaks and floods bathroom. Room is really small. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Sal was awesome
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
Abigail
"fun weekend"
Very clean and the hotel service was amazing and the watched our bags even after we checked out
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
room were very small
4 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Ahmad
"Weekend in Chelsea double tree"
The staff was very friendly, and everything was excellent. Front desk was very accomodating and attentive, the support staff all had excellent and positive attitudes. Great stay, except for the length of time it took to get an elevator, and the number of people that had to squeeze into said elevator when it arrived.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Derik
"Great Stay !"
Hotel was great ! Nothing at all to complain about. Staff was helpful, gave me the room I requested along with hot cookies ! The location was a short walk to the E line but not much in the immediate area in the way of restaurants etc.. which isn't a big deal as the subway is very handy.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Great location for access to Times Square and surrounding sites. Staff was excellent and although the room was a little small it worked for us. Overall we had a good experience.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Clean & Convenient"
Love the cookies upon arrival. Clean room, convenient to Penn Station
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Nice Hotel - close to Madison Square Garden/Penn Station. Typical of NYC, rooms are small, but ours was comfortable and quiet. Everyone working there was very helpful and very nice. The room had a problem with the sink on arrival - and immediately someone came up to fix. The bathroom was very nice. The lobby is small, but adequate. The bar is small, but very nice waitress and a good place to just meet up - not much of a scene though otherwise.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
once I got there they told me that my reservation was cancelled. They said my CC wasn't working, and they don't have a room. Both turn out to be false. I gave them my CC and it worked fine, I had booked a king room. They sent me to a queen room, the room was in the middle of AC service. I went back down and complained they finally gave me a king bed room. It just wasted an hour of my time after a long flight. The room wasn't very nice, the hotel is old and worn out. I can't see how they can consider it a doubletree hotel.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Behnam
"Location: Close to Times Square"
Nice hotel, close to Times Square. Room could be a little cheaper or at least include breakfast. Wi-Fi was useful and fine. Staff was rude and abrupt, living up to the reputation of New Yorkers in the service industry. They need some training in manners.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
Daphne
"Probably dishonest & all-around improvement needed"
We booked a king size room. When we got to our room, we had what appeared to be a double-sized bed. I called the front desk immediately to complain. They claimed that the room was booked through hotels.com as a queen sized bed/handicapped accessible room. This made no sense, as the bed wasn't even queen sized and the room definitely was not large enough to fit a wheel chair through. Also, I had a printed receipt from hotels.com showing clearly that we booked a regular king sized bed room. They said no king beds were available and that because we paid for the room through hotels.com (which we did not - we booked on hotels.com & paid at the front desk), they could offer no portion of the $175/night room fee back as a refund. Seems like a lot of B.S. and bait-and-switching going on here. They offered, instead, to placate us with either 2 drinks at the bar (well-liquor/domestics only, of course), or a voucher for 2 continental breakfasts in the morning. We took the breakfast and were especially underwhelmed by the quality of the food provided. Other notes: The elevator wait time could be excessive during certain times of the day. The air conditioning was actually too cold (95 degrees that day); the in-room thermostat had no correlation to the actual room temperature. The caulk in the shower was well worn and in need of replacement. Otherwise, the room was clean and housekeeping and the staff were generally friendly. They gave us free warm cookies at check-in and check-out.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
Alex
"Great hotel and staff!"
We had a wonderful stay and the staff at the hotel was excellent. We arrived at noon and had two rooms and only one was ready so they let us have the one room early to freshen up and store all of out luggage. We were concerned with the size of the rooms, since all of the reviews had talked about the rooms being small, but they were clean and average size for the excellent price we got the rooms for. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, asking us if they could help instead of us having to ask for help. Sal, the concierge, Carmalina, the bartender and Leon the maintenance man are wonderful assets to the Hilton Hotel family. They loved their jobs and passed that feeling on to the customers! The whole hotel experience made our stay even better.
4 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
Sallie
"New York City hotels"
The rooms were quite small especially for a family of four. The two double beds were both against the outside walls. If you wanted to get in bed you have to enter from the foot of the bed. This was undoubtedly the friendliest staff I've ever seen at a hotel and I stay at hotels every week. The location was good. The breakfast buffet was about average. Overall on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the very best experience this property was a seven.
7 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
J.T.
Staff was helpfull and friendly at all times from the moment we walked in the door until the time we left! Glad we stayed here!
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
NICE HOTEL A LITTLE SMALL BUT COMFORTABLE. STAFF VERY NICE AND HELPFUL, VERY CLEAN
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Fun times in NYC--Times Square"
Great stay at a remodel of an older building. The staff is FANTASTIC...very friendly & helpful & QUICK. We had a 2 double bed room, our room was tight (no empty space to just walk around) but spotless and beds very comfy. The other furniture was in decent shape. Other than the desk there is no separate table, since the furnishings are close (we also had 2 kids 2 adults). There was a closet style hanging cabinet with a safe inside(& I believe ironing/board). Nice flat screen TV. Door separated large tiled bathroom had a tub sized glass shower only(no tub). There was a coffeemaker & wife liked whatever coffee they had. There was also a 2 foot high fridge. We were on the top floor (26) & had a decent view of some random skyline (not Times Square itself)--was nice backdrop at night. Blackout drapes kept out morning sun. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. The rather quiet AC unit worked really great could adjust from normal to blizzard cold, as desired. Just a 10 minute walk to the Times Square ball drop area. We used their convenient ($55/day)valet remote parking, otherwise a short walk to around the corner parking lot ($40/day)..you pay them $15 for doing the walk. Checkout & car return were super quick.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Norm
"Just fine"
For the price we were pleased.
3 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015