All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Bar is not good
    Uncomfortable
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Good location for seeing the sights."
Conveniently located just 3 blocks from subway at Penn station and 34th. Helpful bellmen. Room was very small but it's NY so that's typical. Booked a king and got 2 queens but they were comfy. Only 2 elevators for a 20+ story hotel made for some long waits. Overall a nice hotel for a visit to NYC, comfy, good central location and price was right.
3 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
RENEE
"Great stay in NYC"
Hotel staff was wonderful.... from check in to departure. Friendly and very accommodating!!! Second stay here. Definitely returning!
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
Brenda
Very nice. Helpful staff.
4 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
"Day Away in the Big Apple."
It was a perfect day away. The location was convenient and affordable.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2015
Shelley I
"Wrong room with no apology"
We booked a King size bed room and pay extra for breakfast. At the time we arrived at 12:35 am on 11/17/15, the front desk of Double Tree said we have to take the double bed room instead, and said she will offer us complimentary breakfast. When I told her hotel.com already charged us fee included breakfast, she insisted the breakfast coupon is complimentary. This lady was quite rude and has attitude. In the morning I explained to the front desk at time of check out, we did not receive and complimentary for changing to room differ from our original booking. The front desk staff said nothing they can do if I already pay for breakfast. Well, Double Tree could offer me a either a breakfast coupon or some other offers for next time use as far as they cannot fulfill the booking request (which is a King size bed room). On the other hand, the bed is pretty comfortable and it is quiet (23rd floor), which I slept through all night.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2015
mandy
"READ THE REVIEWS!!!"
We reserved a king, got there and was told none had opened up yet due to "late checkouts" were offered a "queen" which was CLEARLY not a queen and simply a full size bed, in a room the size of a closet. Sheets had stains on them. Bathroom was nice
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2015
Dana
Room rate was too expensive for the size of the room. Breakfast menue was too expensive!!!!!
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"New York visit"
Hotel & room was clean & comfortable. Hotel had a good location
3 night trip Nov 12, 2015
"Nice location!"
Staff were impeccable. The best. Very useful and all of the tips, recommendations given were on the money. Really enjoyed the people there. Our happiness was their main concern.
Other trip Nov 16, 2015
"Great stay - Thomas at front desk is great!"
Had a great stay at the Doubletree. We called early and they were able to accommodate us for an earlier check in. Thomas at the front desk was really great and super friendly. The staff was extremely professional and friendly throughout and I will certainly stay here again. Perfect location a block away from anything you could ever want in the city. Mass transit is easy with a 5 min walk to both port authority penn station.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
"Great Location, decent value, small room, clean, e"
The room was small, the location was excellent. Parking is expensive $45-$60/night. My stay was just one night.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
Room was very small and did not v smell good. 3 stars would be generous.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2015
"inflexible"
Paid for two nights through Expedia, could only stay one night due to my son's medical condition. Tried to get a discount for another stay to the area two weeks later. Neither the corporate reservations agent nor the front desk supervisor would budge an inch of the published --- not a discount, not an upgrade, not even a free breakfast on the second stay. Heartless. So basically, I paid over $1000 for one night at this hotel. Note that I wasn't asking for a refund. I understand that I booked through Expedia, and not direct. But the hotel got their money for a $450 empty room --- a room that I'm sure they resold. It was the NYC Marathon weekend for crying out loud. Not happy, not a fan. I would expect more from an upscale company like Hilton. Based on this experience, Hilton promotes customer service but does not execute. Hilton is a farce.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
"good customer service ."
It was okay
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2015
Maria
"Decent midtown hotel"
Easy check in. Friendly people and nice jazz at lobby/bar. Room clean but very small. Reserved a king bed but room had two doubles instead.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2015
"Dirty and needs updating"
The carpeting looked 50 years old. The carpeting was wet outside the bathroom. The shower did not turn on and the bath spout fell off the wall when I was trying to get the shower to turn on. The furniture looked old. As for positives... The bed and pillows were comfortable. The staff was friendly although a little too casual in their demeanor. Close to Penn station, midtown and times square
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Well located for city visit"
Good base for a few days in New York. First impression poor - lobby small and busy but staff always attentive and helpful. Small room but (small) modern bathroom. Good TV and comfortable beds. Would use again for tourist "out all day" visiting. Does not merit four stars but reasonable value in New York terms.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Rod & Jill
"Needs renovation for a good first impression"
It looks like a motel, small dark and old looking lobby creates and ugly impression. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Shower floor looked stained. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free wifi and TV was a good addition.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2015
The size was just right for a short stay, elevator was cramped and servers at the restaurant downstairs for breakfast were not very friendly and attentive. I will come back as the price is reasonable and the cookies are delicious! The doorman (Sal) was very friendly and helpful.
3 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
Maria Angela
We had a great stay until the morning we checked out. The parking garage couldn't find our car. So, we had to call the police and walk to three different garages to find our car. After two and a half hours of frustration, worry, and tears, our car was finally found.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Noisy place"
Very noisy, rooms are very small, dirty windows.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
Jean-Paul
"Affordable room in convenient location"
This hotel is close to Times Square without being in the middle of the noise and bustle. It's easy walking distance to plenty of attractions, plus tons of restaurants, shops, and transportation options. Rooms were on the smaller side, but in New York, that's to be expected. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.
3 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
Hollie
"Business Travel in NYC"
Nice place, clean room and very helpful staff. The room is just very small.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
"Don't Do It!"
1) Paid extra for city view - room not available on arrival 2) Check-in time on booking 3pm - told check-in was 4pm on arrival 3) was shown alternative room only to be told after agreeing to put up with it that the other clerk had given it away to somebody else 4) Room was filthy 5) Shower moldy 6) Shower plug was blocked and previous occupants soap scum came up 7) TV didn't work 8) Toilet seat rotten 9) View was of a derelict building and heavy construction work going on right outside 10) Booked for 2 nights - checked out after one due to the horrendous conditions 11) Was told I couldn't have any money back for the night I didn't stay
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
"Not the best stay"
The hair dryer was not working and they had to bring me a total of three hair dryers..not good. There was no one to help you get a cab
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2015
Maritza
"Tiny hotel in a deceiving location"
Booked this hotel thinking it was the Times Square location, but the "South" factor puts you in a not so great area. The room is super tiny like a dorm room. The AC does not properly function. Most uncomfortable room I've ever stayed in.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
kylie
"Dirty Room"
I stayed at this Doubletree in TimesSquare on Monday night (09/21). Room 411 had bugs in bed and the room they moved me to was dirty w/hair everywhere (in the bed and on the toilet seat). They clearly had not properly cleaned the room before they moved me there. (Pretty sure this is a heath code violation). When I spoke to the manager in the morning, she could really have cared less. She said that since I bought the room via Hotels.com all she could do was give me a complimentary breakfast. This service was super disappointing considering Doubletree is a Hitlon branch, and I paid $290 for the room. It's one thing to be rude, but it's straight up nasty to have rooms with bugs and rooms that aren't clean. It's been three days, and I'm still waiting for the general manager to email me, which just shows they have horrible customer service.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Naomi
"Sardine can"
Incredibly small room and they said I was upgraded because of being a Hilton member .. Not even any room for a suitcase
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
roger
"Good value for money"
Great location. Room was small but clean. The hotel staff is amazing and bent over backwards any time we needed help. Nice little restaurant and bar on the premises. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Kenneth
"firsst time from wisconsin"
construction noise was bad
3 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Douglas
"Good location , poor hotel"
This hotel should not carry the name of Hilton , it is misleading. In any other city than NY this would be a two star at best. It is time to remodel and refresh!!!
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
prosper
"Location"
Loooovee cookies. Bed fresh. Close to penn station
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
MARIA
"Not a great stay"
Had reserved this hotel room well ahead of time. Despite fact that I am Hilton Gold, gave me a room suited for disabled accommodation. Room was ok, but spartan. And fitness facility was a joke. Hotel staff were nice.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
"Never ever, ever coming back."
I had to move 3 rooms before I got one worth sleeping. 1st was stinking and I had hard time convincing them for another room than they finally gave me an other room only to realize after 10 mins it had a broken AC. Than they gave me another room which was decent in terms of other rooms (still not great in terms of Hilton standards). I have stayed over 200 nights in hotels and by far the worst experience I faced ever. The only thing worth mentioning as positive was the assistant Sal was courteous and offered a complimentary breakfast for the hassle I had to go through but this is definitely the last thing you would want to face after a 6 hour flight.
3 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
Harish
"1963/52"
Luv, my room. Very clean, bed and pillows were comfy. My view wasn't the best, but I was in walking distance to subway and accessible to everything.
3 night trip Sep 6, 2015
Good location, but a bit old.
2 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
CarmenMiluska
"pretty good"
Problem with room key we have to went back many times to get it fix,
3 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Wimolrat
The room was so small that I had to open my suitcase on the bed. We had to wait wait a long time for elevator.
2 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
cyrus
"Great Staff"
Hotel was comfortable, rooms can use some updates. Staff was super friendly, especially Sal, the bellman, who went above and beyond to answer questions, and help with bags.
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
ralph
"Shady Hotel - Stay far away!"
Hotel picture on the website does it's best to make it look real special. However, when I arrived, their was trash and litter around the walkways along with a big construction site blocking part of the entrance. The first room they put me in had a construction team directly outside my window hammering away making the noise level unbearable. I immediately requested a new room away from the construction - couldn't understand why they would book those rooms in the first place? Got my new room on the eight floor, and be prepared to walk the stairs as often times only 1 elevator was working. Water out of the bathroom faucet was initially brown for the first few seconds every time I tried to use it. They also run a pretty slick scam at happy hour - they advertise $5 mixed drinks from 5pm - 7pm - when I got the bill for a Jack & Coke, it was $21 dollars??? The bartender explained the happy hour was only for house liquor, which he couldn't tell me what brand it was, but said JD was considered a top shelf brand at their bar so the special didn't apply - seriously? My business trip ended a day early, and when I went to check out, they told me I would have to take up the refund with Hotels.com for the extra day. I followed up with Hotels.com, and was told it was up to the hotel to provide the refund - so basically I am out an extra $215 because the hotel front desk played the runaround game to ensure no refund could be negotiated. I would never give them my business again.
4 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
Craig
"Nothing is ever perfect, but this did the trick."
Showed up at 9pm and there was a little bit of a line to check-in because one of the front desk attendant was on break at the time. Everyone was super friendly, was greeted by the bellhop with a cookie. The bellhop was really nice and helpful and really made you feel welcome. I got up to my room and was a little confused because my reservation specified one king sized bed, but it definitely must have been a double sized. I kept meaning to say something at the front desk, but forgot. It was fine because I was just one person... but still, did I overpay? Not sure what happened there. I also didn't have a shower curtain. That was kind of strange. So I told the bellhop on my way out that night and when I got back, someone had put up a curtain. Oh, and I didn't see a fridge either, which I though was unconventional. I thought all hotel rooms these days have some sort of refrigeration. Other than that, all was good. Bed was amazingly comfortable, which is just what I was looking for. Location fit my needs for the weekend.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2015
"Great Service"
The smoke alarm battery was bad and started beeping at 4 AM but the hotel service came right up after we called and changed it right away. Service was outstanding and the warm walnut chocolate chip cookies at the front desk were amazing!
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Gregoire
"Nice hotel, good location"
Great place to stay, when visiting New York and looking for a decently priced hotel.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Very disappointing. The Hotel itself is great, and such is the location. Yet, the customer service is very poor. First they did not give me the room I was paying for. I paid for King bed, and found myself in a room with a Queen bed. They then said they will compensate me with 20% off my payment and did not deliver that too. Highly disappointing.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
We really enjoyed our stay. It was somewhat off of the main avenue, but ok for two people walking together. The hotel staff were all wonderful and the maid was exceptional! We would highly recommend the hotel itself. However, we just wish that the location was more accessible to the main avenues without the extra walking.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Greeted with smiles from the sidewalk to the Lobby to the check in desk... Hotel perfect location for a Madison Square Garden concert and Port Authority Bus terminal. Spacious bathroom. Overnight stay with my college bound daughter. Perfect
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
patricia
A little further from Times Square than we wanted. Hotel was very clean. Breakfast too expensive for buffet.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"inexpensive but poorly kept"
Very good price at the last minute. Extremely friendly front desk and lobby staff. Very good concierge. Location not good - dirty street and out of the way but walkable to penn station and times square. Mold in shower.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Breakfast buffet was bad. Staff had to be asked several times to bring more food out
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Workable but basic and starting to show wear"
Average hotel, a bit threadbare around the edges. Nothing terrible and totally workable, but just seemed a bit tired.
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2015