All hotels in Astoria, Oregon, United States of America
288 W Marine Dr, Astoria, OR, 97103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice place to stay"
Good place, we will stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Terri
"Leaky toilet ignored"
My toilet had a leak in the tank . It started pouring out in the middle of the night. I had to turn the water off and still spent half the night mopping water with my towels. First thing at 7 when the office opened, I told staff. Nothing was done or checked while i was there. I asked for a manager to call and three days later still no call. I feel i should get a discount of some sort or at least a call from management. Poor service!
1 night trip Jun 4, 2015
"Spend a lil extra and staybelsewhere"
Room was lousy, door barely locked,,walls are paper thin. Spend the extra money and stay elsewhere !!
1 night romance trip May 6, 2015
"OK, for the price"
It was OK. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Other than that, ignorable. Which is good, right?
2 night trip Apr 27, 2015
Esther
"great location"
We would stay here again, I would like to see the rooms cleaner. Location is great and the office clerk was very pleasant.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"Disgruntled guest"
When I booked the room, I requested a couple of "preferences", neither of which was honored. I know that these preferences were not guaranteed. However, the parking lot was less than half full, so I know that the place was not filled to capacity. When I tried to change my room to meet my "preferences" I was told that this was NOT POSSIBLE BECAUSE I BOOKED ONLINE. I felt like I was treated like a second class citizen and had given up all rights to a comfortable stay because I booked on line. Didn't like it. Would not stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Anna
"dunes"
the Stay was ok, when we First checked in the girl at the front desk was rude and apparently did not care for her job. The room was good size, wasn't great, we could hear the people above us walking around, and buses parked on the other side of the building right by our window (closest to the river walk)so it was loud early in the morning and the toilet never seemed to flush properly, we stayed 3 nights but didn't stay in our room much since we were checking out the town and traveling most the time. so if you are just going there to sleep then its not too bad.
3 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
michelle
"disgusting"
the first thing that hit us was the foul smell of the room. Then the grossness of the of the pool hot tub area. The hot tub water was a strange color and smelled like cat urine! We did not even stay after that,I checked us out and moved down the road to a better location
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Works for me."
The Dunes is conveniently located to interesting historical sites and Musliums, good restaurants and Astoria itself is a very interesting town. My son and I wanted an affordable place to stay central to northern Oregon and southern Washington coasts. This motel worked well for us.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"inexpensive getaway in great astoria"
Just a quick trip over for one night
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Beth
"Weekend get away."
The down fall to the whole weekend was all the rain, but our stay at The Dunes was great. The young ladies behind the desk were very helpful upon our arrival, then later when we were asking about places to eat near by. It's a simple establishment but it was clean,cozy and pet friendly, just what we were looking for. We would definitely stay there again in the future.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Tammy
"The Dunes in Astoria"
The place was OK. They stuck us in a no view room in corner, but we had not planned to be in the room much anyway. We have stayed in the past where we had a great view of the river, bridge and passing ships on the water. This place is reasonably priced and has an indoor swimming pool and spa. A big plus. Room was OK, extra pillows, good supply of linen etc. Good value for the money.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Will stay again!"
Friendly staff. Great stay.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2015
"Clean, friendly, scenic bridge view"
Perfect weekend. Friendly staff. Breakfast turned out to be a "continental breakfast" but everything was friendly, and with clean accommocations and close to downtown. Seeing the ocean-going ships in Astoria is spectacular.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Beth
"One nighter"
just an overnight stay. people were friendly and courteous. Room was COLD when we arrived. heat was off but warmed up fairly quickly. Beds were hard as rocks. Rough nights sleep.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
When we checked in the attendant was very pleasant and helpful with directions to eating places. Lobby was neat and clean. Our room was very pleasant and comfortable. Only suggestion was that the tv set on a dresser and was pretty low and it was difficult to see it while laying in bed. Upon check out we brought that to their attention and they said they were in the process of replacing them with flat screens. The grounds were neatly kept. We would definetly recommend this motel and we would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Larry & Donna
"Astoria Dunes Motel"
Close to town, everything worked fine, comfortable beds, great stay for the price.
1 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2014
Dale D.
"wont go back"
if you want smoking room you are put in run down room .tv not good no hbo although it said you got hbo . bathroom door falling apart by floor and very noiset
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
gordon
"OK and as advertised."
OK room, meager breakfast.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
PETER
"The price is right."
Perfectly adequate for an overnight stay. Not sure I'd want to stay multiple nights just because it is pretty basic. TV is old-style tube. The pillows were really funky...thick and lumpy. But overall a good basic motel and the price was right.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Staying at the Astoria Dunes"
Very clean, comfortable bed, nice pool and spa. Most important to me was the noise level, our room was totally quiet, no outside or inside sounds from traffic and people. We will stay there again..also the price was great!
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Becky
Nice nothing fancy would stay there again
1 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2014
"Good place to stay if you're fishing"
Are you a single guy? Are you fishing the next day? If yes, this is the hotel for you. The room was clean enough and the AC worked well. The TV in the room is crummy and the lobby smells like curry. But who cares? You're there to sleep before your fishing trip.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Good location, close to good restaurants, trolley, river, excellent weather weekend!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Location only plus with this hotel"
Our stay was short which was a plus. Exterior of hotel was fine, looked updated. Upon entering the room we we overwhelmed with smell of bleach. The bed was absolutely awful, hard as a rock, springs broken. The bathroom door was broke and not enough plugs for appliances, we had to unplug something to use the coffee pot. Only stay here if you don't have any other choice.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Convenient location"
The "Continental Breakfast" consisted of prepackaged sweet rolls & fresh fruit. No decaf coffee, no paper plates or utensils available at the counter. The room was ok but the bath tub had not been properly cleaned, there was a hairball on the drain screen. I left my comments in the preprinted "comments" card in the room.
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014
Ron Massey
"Right on Highway"
The location is convenient being right on the highway, however, getting out of the driveway to continue on into town took some patience as there is heavy traffic. We could not connect to the internet the night we were there. Did not call the front desk - probably should have done so. Astoria has many good restaurants and museums. This motel is a convenient location with "standard" rooms - clean and comfy - all we needed for this very brief stay.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"You get a bit more than you pay for"
Make no mistake this is an older property, but the staff are friendly and management keep up the facility.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
PD
"Hotel Cuts Corners"
Poor overall experience. They advertise Wi Fi but the network for the rooms has a speed of only 52 mbps, making internet use impossible. When I asked them about it at the front desk, they didn't care. They said its fine. I learned the front desk has a connection that's faster but the signal is too weak to pick it up from the rooms. In-room freezer had an ice tray that had a white chalky substance in it. Continental breakfast is an overstatement. Small pastries in plastic wrappers, bananas, oranges, apples, coffee and hot water. Very small cups for the coffee, all tucked in a corner of the small lobby. So the idea is take a little but not too much, and take it with you.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"nice friendly place"
We stay here every year on out vaccation
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Dennis
"Road noise"
A simple, clean motel next to a busy road.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
Susan E.
The front desk reception is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Never again"
Where do I start? Lousy location, rundown area, lots of loud street traffic. One person to handle everything at hotel so no real service. Laundry was 1 dinky old washer and malfunctioning dryer. Pool and hot tub area was so dinky and disgusting that nobody dared use it. Breakfast was juice, coffee, green fruit and pre-packaged sticky buns - awful. We have stayed in better places for half the price. Has my vote for worst hotel ever!
1 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Great for an overnight"
The room was very basic, but was clean, and the location was convenient. There is a fly-over for the 101, and the motel is right on the main road, but you pretty much don't know that at all; the rooms are fairly quiet. The continental breakfast is nothing to write home about (it's some coffee, some juice, fruit, and packaged pastries), but the indoor pool and hot tub are cool.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Em
Clean, comfortable and a good value for our family trip down the coast. We liked the central location and price.
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
The hot tub wasn't hot and the next day the pool was closed because of a plumbing problem. The incense in the lobby was overwhelming.
2 night trip Jul 14, 2014
JM
"Acceptable for Family Vacation."
Pool and spa were fun for grandkids. Room was overpriced, but know it is summer season. Continental breakfast was spartan. Good location for day trips and access to Ft. Stephens State Park.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Doug Hanson
"Close to all must see sights"
The hotel is in a great location right by the Columbia River. Seconds away from the board walk, trolley, park, shopping & great restaurants. The room rate includes continental breakfast, however, limited choices.
2 night trip with friends Jul 7, 2014
Vicky
Very mediocre. Nice staff, industrial location, stuffy rooms, feels like they are trying to be as cheap as possible
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"great value"
This certainly isn't the poshest of hotels, but it was a great value. We will definitely go back.
3 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2014
"Better than I thought!"
ARea looked a little sketchy under the bridge. Breakfast was very minimal and simple. The pool was great and the rooms were pretty good for a motel. I would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
oursaviorssteps
"Surprisingly Clean and Comfortable at a great rate"
Overall very nice. On a budget and location was what I needed. Room was very clean, had wi-fi, an indoor clean pool and free breakfast. For One hundred a night, more than met my expectations. Thank you.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
Sara K
Good location, able to walk on the waterfront path to downtown. Hotel was reasonably clean and staff was nice but our room had some obvious deterioration, especially in the bathroom. Upon walking in the scent of strong cleanser was kind of overwhelming. Our view was of the back of another building.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Thank you for the nice time. Loved the hot tub and the friendly staff
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"O.K. Stay"
The hotel has seen better days but for the price it was o.k. They seem to be trying to update with granite counter tops and new frig and freshly painted walls. The location was good and even though it is on a busy street it was quiet. The girls at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. The continental breakfast was actually o.k. with lots of fresh fruit.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Colette
"Better than expected!!"
I didn't have my hopes up after the night we had in a crack head motel in Portland, I was however pleasantly surprised. The motel was easy to find, very clean, and close to all the things we wanted to see. I would definitely stay there again.
3 night family trip May 31, 2014
"Get better beds and get rid of the riff raff"
The service was great; very friendly staff. There seemed to be some people that "live" at the hotel, which isn't appealing to travelers. The beds were pretty bad. Nearby there were a lot of great restaurants.
1 night family trip May 16, 2014
"Good price, clean & comfortable"
It's an older motel, but it's very clean and comfortable. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. The room was a little small but perfectly fine for two people. The rooms at the back have a great view of the bridge and the river. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
"VERY close to Bridge and Riverwalk."
All I can say is this hotel was pleasantly adequate. Room I stayed in was very basic, fairly dated, but was clean and well kept. Big bonus is that it is close to several coffee shops/bars and is a 20 minute walk to pretty much anywhere in town. Plus if you plan to do anything west or north of town, it is super close to the bridges. Bed was as hard as a rock and the "breakfast" consisted of coffee and packaged, sugary baked goods.
3 night trip May 27, 2014
"Just fine."
It ain't the Ritz. It's clean and close and cheap. Just what we wanted.
1 night trip May 28, 2014