All hotels in Astoria, Oregon, United States of America
288 W Marine Dr, Astoria, OR, 97103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"First trip to Astoria"
4 out of 5 experience. Friendly staff, as with the online recommendations, she also recommended Baked Alaska Restaurant for dinner. Good location- close to restaurants, very close to the waterfront. Right next to the base of the Astoria Bridge, great photos. The building is NICE- a little dated: bed spreads are old, but clean; the tub was a little worn, but ok; still using televisions, not flat screens; didn't like the thin plastic toilet seats.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Tacoma
"get what you pay for"
It's clean but I'm a neat freak so i saw problem areas. Easy to access, friendly and understanding front desk. We were aloud to check in early. Pool and spa were nice for the kids and us to relax in. Liked having fresh towels pool side. Breakfast wasn't bad either. Perfect for an early start to clamming for us.
1 night family trip May 17, 2014
bobbie
"Great Motel for the price!"
Everything was perfect with no complaints except for the cleaning staff. I had to ask for clean towels and they didn't even make our beds (after night one). The front desk lady was super nice and helpful! The pool and hot tub was awesome! We were very satisfied with this Motel and will, for sure, stay here again when we come back to Astoria!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
Cassie
"Nice place to stay"
Very friendly and clean room.
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Paul Johnson
"Not the ritz, but it'll do."
Not sure what they were using for cleaner, but it was strong smelling. Room was clean, and quiet for the most part. They were not filled up, a nice gesture to keep my business would have been to put me in a room with a view of the river/ocean. But alas, it was business trip, so it was what it was.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
R. Sewell
"Nice hotel great locatin!"
Nice hotel great hot tub and pool! The hotel is in a great location to get around on foot! Ok view of ocean and the bridge! Loved my stay, comfy bed and very clean room!!!!
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Tamara H
My girls loved the pool ! Rooms were big & clean.
2 night family trip Apr 9, 2014
Teresa
"OK"
This hotel was OK for one nite. Needs updating. The heater/cooler was the quietest of any hotel we've stayed in.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
linda
"nice for the price"
not expensive and the pool was a nice feature , quiet and the bed was comfortable
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Bob A
"Good location, nice hotel but nothing outstanding"
We had a second story room, with no elevator for hauling luggage up/down. Everything was just average, nothing outstanding but nothing bad. It was a great place to spend the night then continue on the next day. We did not use the pool or hot tub so cannot comment on them. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
"We enjoyed our stay!"
This motel was clean, budget friendly, close to downtown and worth the stay.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Megan
"Clean but not very comfortable"
So, first the plus side: The room was very clean, which is really the biggest criteria for me. The staff was friendly enough in my limited interactions with them. On the other hand, the bed was incredibly hard. I actually like firm mattresses, but trust me, this went beyond firm - it was like sleeping on a park bench or something. My partner and I tossed and turned the whole night, trying to get comfortable on this terrible bed. Other than that, it was really noisy at night, and the TV reception was terrible...some of the channels were unwatchably bad. It was OK for it's price range, but overall a little disappointing...if you're just looking for a (not very comfortable) place to sleep, though, it'll serve your purpose.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Mitch
Good value. Older hotel but kept up pretty well. Clean as well.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Quiet"
The hotel was just fine for an overnight stay. My room was quiet, even though it is on a busy thoroughfare. Right next to the spectacular bridge, which made strolling by the water easy and accessible.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Good deal for location & pet-friendly motel"
Staff was friendly. Indoor pool was nice to have! While there was some mold in the bathroom of our room, otherwise the place was clean and well tended to. Even had a brand new mini-fridge and microwave. Great location for traveling the OR/WA coast. Good area for dog walking. GREAT view behind hotel. Overall a good deal for what is offered.
2 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
H
People very knowledgeable of area and whats happening
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
"Good place to stay"
Check-in was painless - partly because it was already paid for. The room was clean and appealing. Everything worked.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Nice motel"
Was there the same time as rodeo folks and they were super loud til wee hours if the morning. Even right outside my door. No regulation but overall nice motel
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the river, great staff!"
This was my first trip to Astoria...My husband had lived here before and wanted us to come for years! The Dunes was perfect, great price for all that we got. The pool is wonderful, warm and stocked well with towels. The staff in the office were friendly and very helpful! We would absolutely stay here again and would encourage family and friends to stay as well!!!!
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Keala
"Noisy bathroom fan ... Otherwise a great staff"
Decent hotel for the money. Pleasantly surprised. Good place to stay especially on a budget
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
BD Long
"One night stay"
We were there for a planning meeting. Since Astoria is about 75 miles from where we live, we decided to spend the night instead of driving back at night. We had stayed there before so we knew is was a moderately-priced and clean hotel with amenities appropriate for the price.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Clean but outdated"
The front desk service was unfriendly, No smile or greeting upon arrival. The rooms were clean but very outdated. Wouldn't recommend.
3 night trip Jan 23, 2014
"Enough hotel in Astoria"
Every things is OK. Clean enough and quite enough. Breakfast is OK. Since there was no information about indoor pool and indoor jacuzy, we did not have a chance to use this failities.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Arza
"close to everything and a view of the bridge"
Excellent and economical. Very clean and staff very responsive as we had to adjust our reservation due to ice and snowl
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
C. Jacobson
It was okay but the cleansers they use was really bad smelling, it never went away while we were there two days.
2 night trip Nov 19, 2013
"Ok place on hwy."
Felt like a slightly remodeled Motel 6. Fridge and micro nice. Needs a little more tlc. Bed was comfy.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Satisfied customer."
It was a very nice stay.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"You get what you pay for......"
Don't expect too much; it's clean, warm and dry. Fridge and microwave in the room which was handy.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
The hotel front desk has much to be desired. They were not friendly at all. Gave us a place to eat telling us it was inexpensive and it was not. When I tried to give them postcards to mail they said they don't do that and the post office was up the hill and then we had a hard time finding it. The great views are on the third floor only, the first two floors you have to look through the trees. The hot top was not hot and not deep enough to get to your shoulders. Depoe Bay is a beautiful spot and you do need to go whale watching. Although we didn't see any the marine biologist on the tour was great and we had a great time anyway.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2013
Cece Nichols
"Nice enough motel but the breakfast was not much."
We enjoyed the area. Had a great ride on the trolley. Quite an experience. Would return to the area again. Nice swimming pool. The kids very much enjoyed it.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"ok, needs a little work"
The bathroom needs to be repainted because of recent updates. Ugly wallpaper.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Helen
"Adequate Hotel"
All of the Astoria lodging is overpriced. This was the most reasonable. Continental Breakfast. Bed very good. Was quiet except when door next door was opened. Sounded like it was my door opening.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Dancin Don
"Will not stay again."
The stay was fine. I stayed one night. No issues while I was there. The rooms were dated and you had to hold the handle down on the toilet to get it to flush. This was not a great value for what you pay. I was left wishing I had paid more and got a much better room...and service. When I left I forgot something in the room. I called and asked them to send it to me and they told me to send them a prepaid box! I told them I would be happy to pay for shipping and they told me no, it is their policy. It is such a simple thing to do but they won't do it. For the record: I forgot something at another hotel (one other time) and they sent it to me without me having to ask and would not take payment for shipping. I WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2013
"Nice motel in Astoria Oregon"
We stayed there for 2 nights and will stay there again. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable as was the room. My husband and grandchildren enjoyed the pool very much.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
"Bare Bones"
Decent place. Only two pillows on the bed, could have used a couple more. Close to downtown Astoria on a busy 4 lane road.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"Dunes Motel in Astoria, OR"
Staff was good during the day, breakfast was as described, night shift staff did not answer the phone & when I entered the office she was on a personal call. Wi Fi connection was not available until after tech support was called then it worked.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Walt
No housekeeping between Saturday and Sunday. Kicked out of the hot tub after only just getting in.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
S B and G Group Inc
"Good pool, view of the bridge."
Woman at the desk was terrific she pointed out many interesting sites in Astoria! We really enjoyed the pool. Older motel, but clean. Be prepped, breakfast is really just snacks at the office.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
techqueen
"great location and service!"
Hi - this was a great location! We were able to walk to a few restaurants and attractions, and make a short drive to others. The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was minimal, but something. My only complaint was that the bed was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor with a blanket under you. They need new mattresses! If you're not sensitive to hard beds, I'd reccommend this place on a budget.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Juile
"Astoria"
I was told that they recent remodeled, not true. It was very dirty. Wouldn't stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
Jennifer F.
"Mediocre at best"
This motel was a lot of money for what we got in return. The room wasn't very big and the breakfast consisted of pastries. We were also told there would be a roll-away bed available but learned differently once we arrived. We will not be booking a room at this motel again.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
Rich and Tammy
"It is a great hotel"
The rooms are excellent. Would definitely stay there again when I go next month.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Cosmo
"It was just OK..."
It will do for a quick stop over, but not overly clean. Continental breakfast wasn't very impressive either.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
"Clean and reasonable for the price"
If you are upset by walls that need painting and things like that, this is not the motel for you. But, my room was clean and comfortable which is what matters most to me. The staff were friendly and helpful. I appreciated having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The breakfast is pretty basic with muffins/danish/bagels, juice, and fruit.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2013
JJ
"quiet economical"
cramped quarters, hard bed Good restaurants within walking distance and a beautiful river side walk...right outside the door.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Bloom
"Great View"
Very comfortable
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
L.C.
"Decent room Lousy location"
The hotel room was OK, but the area in which the hotel was located made me nervous.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Front desk lady was super nice"
She told me about all the things I could do with my 2 sons. Super sweet. Motel was ok. Parking lot was kinda tight for my big truck.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2013
Susie
"Affordable and convenient."
The room has definitely seen better days, but it was clean and conveniently located along the Riverwalk.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Mandy
"I would pass this one by"
First let me state how friendly and helpful the female owner/manager was and her assistant. It is always nice to be greeted by friendly people after a day of travel. The room was clean and had a very nice refrigerator, microwave & coffee pot. The room itself was very shabby for the price being charged. The location was right on the main highway so it was easy to find, easy to come and go in a commercial neighborhood.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2013