All hotels in Bellingham, Washington, United States of America
3750 Meridian Street, Bellingham, WA, 98225, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

• Value
    Delicious food
    Comfortable
    Bad internet service
"Econolodge late-night check-in a nightmare"
Arrived late, in the middle of the night, and night had to make it a nightmare check-in because of Econolodge's policies of canceling reservations that arrive too late. Fortunately, Hotels.com straightened it all out. Hotel was okay otherwise, basic, clean, good for the money.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
"Not so good !!!!"
When we arrived , I informed them of our pet, she charged the 10 dollars for our dog ( as printed) but then also up charged us for the room to make it " pet friendly" . The room had a stench to it, the carpets were filthy. Old old towels and old balankets. I can't recommend this to others.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
casey
"It was just ok."
Small pool outside, jacuzzi was out of order, front dest person was a bit crabby at check in.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
cathy
Overpriced for what you get but Bellingham seems to be a destination spot, noticed lots of Canadian license plates in parking lot so they probably capture that traffic. Looked at other hotels and they were quite high, but you don't really have a choice. Stayed in Seattle the night before and had a much newer,nicer motel for less. I was on the side of the building that was about 100 feet from the freeway ramp and at times he seemed as if some cars were about to drive right through the door. Very average at best.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Not worth the cost"
Beds are hard. Room had weird smell. Microwave dirty. Had never stayed at an Econolodge before and based on the cost, I thought it would be nicer. Very low end. Will not stay at another.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Very Nice Hotel with easy access to the Interstate"
We were tired from travelling and sightseeing all day, so it was really nice to be able to find this hotel right along the Interstate. It was clean and comfortable, and had all the amenities that a family would need.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Russ
"Over priced"
Was attracted by proximity to my planned route but it was so near the highway as to be very noisy. Quality for price was low.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"All you expect from a budget hotel"
The rooms are clean and comfortable, the people are friendly, the pool is clean and breakfast is good. The only complaint I have is that the free wireless internet was too slow to be useful at night.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Roy
"The front desk clerk had a bad attitude (female) t"
Front desk clerk (female) hada bad attitude. The room stunk so bad of cheap cleaning products it made me sick and the breakfast was a very poor excuse for the word breakfast
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Wasn't a good experience"
Not very happy with my stay at this hotel
1 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2014
Chardae
"ok for the price"
it's a basic hotel. do not expect much, but is good enough for the price, so if you are in a budget, it's a good option.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"great night's sleep"
effective black-out curtains; very comfortable beds/pillows
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Catalina
"Nice enough."
For the price, this place was clean and pleasant. The included breakfast was good. I would recommend it if you need an inexpensive place to stay with free wifi.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Friendly staff"
In our room mostly at night. Quite, good sleeping, felt safe, and friendly staff.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Sue
"Nice motel close to Mall with free breakfast."
The motel is older but it is close to everything I needed.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Bellis Fair"
When you turn on the air condition, it smelled like urine. I would not recommend anyone to go.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"In town for dog show"
I was in town for a 2 day dog show in Lynden. My dog is not very sensitive to noise, but if you were to stay in this hotel with one that was, it would be a problem. I took a small fan with me to provide "white" noise and that helped. The floor above the room creaked anytime someone walked on it and I had some noisy 20-somethings staying a couple of floors up that decided to break a beer bottle in front of my door in the middle of the night. This is not a good place to stay if you don't like to walk your dog. The "pet area" is only a 5X7 area and the grass was about 6inches tall. It's also by a busy highway. However there's a surrounding neighborhood that is fine for taking the dog for walks. I am grateful the hotel accomodated my dog and I. I also appreciated that the pet room was clean, smelled fine and didn't have any fleas, etc. This just isn't the kind of hotel you'd wanna stay in for a romantic getaway, but it was perfect for traveling with a showdog.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Very clean. Wonderful breakfast. Even eggs.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"Okay hotel to stay"
I felt the experience could've been better. The breakfast could've been better
Other trip May 20, 2014
"comfortable"
nice place to stay. room was clean and bed comfortable. very little noise.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2014
mikeeee
Close to freeway, food and shopping. Not far from downtown. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was dated, the heater/AC was noisy and the walls must be thin as you can hear everything, especially the toilets. For the inexpensive price I could probably stay here again if I had to.
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2014
DB
"Expect anything better?"
Should you really?
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"Good hotel for the price"
Stayed at the hotel for one night. The room was extremely clean, the toilet and tub was in great shape too. Shower was hot with plenty of pressure. Breakfast contained boiled eggs, cereal, bread, bagels, muffins, bananas, oranges, pancakes, milk, apple juice and orange juice. Room was quiet during the night and we had a good night's sleep. The property is a little old but is very clean. I would definitely stay here again. Great hotel and breakfast for the price.
Response by Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Bellingham
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and for writing a review for us. And thank you for staying with us! We know there are other hotels you could have chosen. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Vik
For convenience was good
1 night trip Feb 27, 2014
The hotel was clean but dated.The carpets needed to be cleaned.The breakfast was ok.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
"business"
Good room Internet breakfast all good
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
ken
"Depressing, noisy, generic motel"
This hotel in inexpensive, but you can find a much better experience in other comparable hotels. The room is plastic in just about every way. The bed feels like a 70's foam pad, the cover a stiff synthetic nightmare with a dated design that will make even your mother laugh. It is flanked on one side by a highway and by a busy road on the other. The noise permeates your every moment. There are balconies which drunks from the next door "casino" enjoy hanging out on at all hours, talking and laughing like hyenas with no regard to the sleep needs of the other guests. The walls are so thin that you can eavesdrop no matter how hard you try. And I was trying really hard not to. They keep the thermostat just below cold and you have to ask the front desk to adjust it. The bathroom amenities are bare bones as was the breakfast.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Met our needs!"
Seems to have been a good value for the money, especially compared to other choices in the area. Close to Sunset Boulevard and the Mount Baker Highway. Perfect for the night before a ski or snowboarding trip.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Bernie
"Close to the freeway, restaurants and shopping"
The WiiFi was not in the room, we had to pay for the dog at the time of staying and were not informed by Hotels.com which irritated me. Hotel.com made it seem that the hotel would be full and MUST book now!! NOT TRUE - we felt pressured by Hotels.com and could have gotten a better rate at the hotel.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
"Value for the money spent"
Clean room, friendly staff & good value however the bed was too firm.
1 night trip Dec 17, 2013
The room was clean, the heater was noisy, the breakfast wasn't bad, and the breakfast lady was very friendly. Overall, pretty good for the price.
2 night trip Dec 15, 2013
"Stop along the highway"
It's fine if you're stopping for the night. The WiFi was so slow we elected to use our phones to connect to the Internet though.
1 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2013
"Bellingham Econolodge"
I came to the Econolodge wanting a clean comfortable room at a fair price. That is what I got. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean. I slept well. I thought the front desk staff was friendly and professional.
1 night trip Oct 29, 2013
"Close proximity to airport"
Quick over night stay before a flight early the next morning. Cheap, 5 minutes from the Bellingham airport, got the job done.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
jenn
Don't care for the token system for ice, kinda a pain
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Close to Shops"
Clean and friendly hotel. Close to Bellingham shops. No close food nearby though so hope your not hungry for something other than McDonald's. Rooms have a microwave and a fridge which is handy. Overall comfortable for a quick night stay over,
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Kristy
"Acceptable"
Staff was friendly, room was clean and it was conveniently close to St. Joseph's.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2013
Pablo
"Ok if you don't want to spend much"
Bed comfort was average, shower was not very good (poor pressure and the shower head could not be adjusted to a solid stream). However, it was a clean room. Noise level was quite high as it's -immediately adjacent to the freeway. I had my license plates stolen off my vehicle in the parking lot, so safety is not great here.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
I was happy with the convenient location right off of I-5 and the last minute availability. It was clean and comfortable. The heater was very loud and kept me up most of the night. Maybe something was wrong with it or maybe I am just used to silence when I sleep.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Leslie
"cheap hotel near Bellis Fair Mall"
I booked this hotel though Expedia's low price/no name service. I wasn't especially impressed by the reviews of Econo Lodge previous to booking, but it's the one we ended up with once I had booked a stay through Expedia. I could hear every single step the people above us made. The hotel had little in the way of sound proofing either for the walkway outside our room or between floors. The hotel made every effort to hide the outlets by the bed, so that plugging a phone in near the bed was very difficult. We moved the bed side tables and found the outlet that the alarm clock was plugged into and used that. The mini fridge supplied rattled all night-- the coolant cylinder seemed slightly loose and kept hitting the metal casing. In general, I was not impressed and will likely book a 3 star hotel next time I use 'name revealed after booking' hotel services.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Samantha
"Close to airport"
ADEQUATE!
1 night trip Sep 19, 2013
PROS: hot shower, ok pillows, breakfast was what is expected CONS: Loud freeway noise all night, very dirty carpet, pulled nasty comforter and sheets back and there was hairs on my supposed clean sheets, bed very hard and uncomfortable, my son couldn't do any of his homework online because the wifi was so slow.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Bent
"Hotel was quality"
A small bar and casino is next to it and parking sucks if you don't park early.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
ryan
"Perfect for what we needed!"
We were looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay in while we brought our daughter to college. The Econolodge was exactly what we were looking for - inexpensive, clean, and comfortable. The room was a good size, was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. Yes, the decor may be dated, but it didn't matter to us as we weren't looking for anything fancy! We appreciated that they offered breakfast even though we didn't take advantage of it, as we went out to breakfast. We had a wonderful stay!
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
K
"convenince to airport"
adequate
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"okay for night before ferry ride"
This hotel is very close to the Bellingham terminal for the Alaska Marine Highway (ferry), and they are very accommodating with regard to a late check out. I also appreciated their willingness to let me have my two large dogs.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Casino next door"
Because of the casino next door, there was a certain amount of loud drunken behavior outside. Also, this is one of those places where every room opens off an outside corridor so you there is no privacy if you want to open the curtains. Won't stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Emily
"Close to the Red Robin restaurant in a huge mall."
Though a budget-type motel/hotel, the Econo Lodge was great. The pool and hot tub was filled to capacity when I arrived (the Sun. afternoon of the Labor Day Weekend), so many families were also enjoying the property. My room on the 2nd floor worked out well, and the Red Robin nearby was a wonderful place to eat. The hotel personnel were always very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast in the morning was a great way to begin each day. Thank you.
2 night business trip Sep 1, 2013
"Quiet place"
The room was quiet - the breakfast they serve is above average - even have pancakes!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Lots of amenities"
I was very pleased with the comfort and cleanliness of the EconoLodge in Bellingham, Washington. The queen-sized bed was very comfortable, and there were 4 fluffy pillows to use. Each room had a nice microwave and refrigerator included. The furniture was nice and practical. There is a hair dryer in each room, as well as a coffee pot with enough coffee to make 4 cups of regular and 4 cups of decaf. There was a small table where I was able to work with my computer and spread out some books. The wi-fi was easily accessible. The swimming pool outside was heated, and the kids there enjoyed it. The hot tub looked very nice. The breakfast was excellent, including a big supply of bananas and orange, 2 types of juices, coffee, a wide variety of herbal teas, a wide variety of sweet breads, bagels, bread/toast, cream cheese, etc. Additionally there were hard-boiled eggs and freshly cooked pancakes, made to order in a pancake machine! Really cool. Staff were very pleasant and always helpful. Was way above what I expected!
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013