All hotels in Koh Samui, Thailand
147/3 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach, Boh Phut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani, 84320, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

This hotel is built on a hillside so there are many steps to get to the rooms. I recently had a knee replacement & with no lift this was not the hotel for me. However Mt. Tu at reception was most helpful in getting me into a room on the pool level. (There were 100+ steps to get to my original room) so I appreciate all of his efforts. The hotel is beautiful, clean & modern. All staff were professional & concerned with guests comfort at all times. The resturant had a full menu & the spring rolls were great. A big thank you to Mr.Tu for all he did to make my stay pleasant & memorable.
3 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2015
"Fine hotel but could have done better"
The hotel was fine - nothing special. Two things kinda bummed me out. First, the pool is only open between 9am and 6pm. I'm fairly pale and prefer to swim earlier in the morning or later at night. These restrictions are due to "chemical treatment" of the pool. I don't buy it. Also, my room was the farthest away - up 6 flights of stairs with no elevator. It wasn't terribly convenient if you forgot something. I needed to print out a tour voucher and the hotel apparently had no way to print it??? I had to find an Internet cafe in town. It wasn't an unpleasant stay, just had bizarre glitches.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Kirsten
"NYE"
We stayed here New Year's Eve and New Year's day. We had a pleasant stay at the Samui Resort. Our room was on the top of the hill, which required us to climb a mountain of stairs to reach our room (I think the final count was 115 steps lol). It wasn't terrible, but coming back at night after having a few drinks was a different story. The pool was nice, and the staff friendly. We were invited to the NYE dinner before leaving for the full moon party. Food was great! The hotel is surrounded by a ton of plants and vegetation so there are lots of little critters including lizards and all types of bugs. Didn't bother us too much though. Would definitely stay again.
4 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Tarek
"Nice staff - average resort"
Stayed for five nights. If you are looking for a cheap place near the more Magaluf part of Samui this is for you. Creaking floorboards in rooms, so make sure you stay upstairs! Could hear awful karaoke music from the town every night from our room until 3am. Breakfast is ok. Staff are very friendly. A steep hill to the rooms. Basically no luxury, just a place to stay in one of the worst parts of the island.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Fino
Staff was very friendly although we were unable to get a double bed ( we had 2 twins instead) they made up for it in service. Location is about a 5 min drive to Chaweng beach(nothing really around the hotel) but they offer free shuttle service to and from the beach so it worked out great!
2 night trip May 7, 2014
"It was ok."
Well. Lots of stairs to my room. Expensive breakfast. But had a very nice pool but it closed at 6pm. Hotel is about 20min walk to the beach. 15min walk to markets. But the overall cost cheaper than a stay on beach side.. close to temple..... peace
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Staff was helpful, friendly, polite. Our room was up several flights of stairs - no elevator. Not a big deal for us, but might be for others. Room was clean. Bathroom was ok - shower had issues draining, but we had this problem everywhere we stayed in Thailand. Room service was decently priced, pretty standard fare. Happy hour by the pool was nice. The free breakfast was a plus - much more convenient than trying to find somewhere else to eat in the morning. Location as pretty good - about a 15 minute walk to Chaweng Beach. They do offer a free shuttle down there every 30 minutes. Think this hotel is best for couples, adults - didn't see any families/children there.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Gwyn
"Great hill setting, pool & gardens. Bad bathroom."
I enjoyed my time there and particularly the hill setting makes it a relaxing stay. You feel relaxed there. Only issues were the shops nearby on the street are poor and you need to go to Chaweng for good choice (5 mins). The pool is great but the staff do not seem to care about the pool bar and serving you.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
"When Thailand meets the Shining"
This hotel may have rocked the Kasbah back in 1982 but it now is more reminiscent of an open air version of the hotel in the Shining. There are quite literally hundreds of stairs to access the rooms, no lift, and no porter to assist with luggage. We had quite the work out lifting our bags to our room on the “3rd floor” which was accessed after about sixty steps up a slope. The pool atmosphere was bleak, pool was not clean, water features were all shut down and the breakfast was dismal at best. We stayed here after finding on hotels.com for one night before we had an early morning flight; their car service to the airport was quite expensive.
1 night trip May 12, 2013
Sara

"Outstanding value"
Great hotel and vey cheap
10 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
"Sleepless night with "Beep" sound for whole night"
Allocated the room at the higher area and have to climb the staircase for more than 100 steps with 28" size luggage bag. At the midnight, suddenly "Beep" sound coming in the room. Searching around for the "Beep" sound, unplug the TV power but the sound still beeping and eventually contacted the front office. Unfortunately, the front office male staff said he's alone and cannot leave his position and hang up the phone. No choice and have to endure with the sound for the whole night and it's a ruin and sleepless night.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2015
Tee
"clean room"
2nd time I've stayed there. seemed a little bit run down compared with 1st visit. had to pay for wifi which is fairly rare these days breakfast very ordinary unless you liked eggs and toast no bacon any day. chic sausage or baked beans on alternate days.
9 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
stephen
"Disappointed :("
The first impression of the hotel was terrible; the hotel receptionist was not friendly at all. No greetings even a smile towards us. The receptionist (a local guy) was commenting bad about my hotel bookings whereby,according to him the total headcount that I have provided/booked earlier is wrong seems. He throws the booking copy (hotel's copy) and asked me to check.Finally, my booking was found correct and I have to manage the booking and get rooms (1 suite + 3 deluxe rooms) for my family members. The booking was correct and not even a courtesy 'Sorry' word from that guy.We were treated badly on the first day till we have to carry our luggage to our rooms.
3 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
Thayalan
"Cheap Hotel you get what you pay for !!"
Friendly staff, 10 minute walk to main shopping area. Rooms are very average, towels were thread bare and needed to be used as cleaning clothes not towels. Breakfast was pleasant , the cook was very friendly, but all there was to choose from was omelet, boiled egg, scrambled egg , or fried egg, so as long as you liked eggs its was fine ! Pool was awesome, had a bar but no bartender . At the end of the day for what we payed for 7 days it was value for money !
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
Cookie
"A bit disappointed..."
We were slightly disappointed by a few things. When we arrived, we were notified that they were renovating the swimming pool since June/July. However, there was no notification when we booked the hotel in late July. It shouldn't be a problem if the hotel is near the beach. However, it takes about 10 minutes to walk to the beach if you know the short-cut. The hotel provides free shuttle bus every half hour to Macdonald's near the beach, and you can tell the driver what time to pick you up. When we arrived, we were notified that there was no double-bed hills room available, so we get a free upgrade non-hills room (Room number 301). YEAH! Great! However, the bathroom stank badly! We had to cover every single drainage with tissue paper. Why didn't I change another room? I'm not sure how much better other rooms are in such an old hotel. The hotel charges 200B per person to the airport. If you don't travel alone, you might want to book a taxi from beach road. Our taxi charged 300B and came to the hotel 10 minutes earlier than booking time.
3 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
shanshan
"Pool Closed"
Was not informed that the pool would be closed during my view. Bad work on the part of wotif to not inform of this... I was very disappointed. However, when the pool is finished being renovated then the hotel will be great value for money in a good spot.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
sol
"Samui"
Was great to hire a scooter opposite and visit parts of the island
4 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Average hotel, can get a lot better"
Pretty average hotel. I wouldn't bother staying here you could get a lot nicer and nearer to the beach as well for same price. Hotel is bit further back then we expected. Hotel food isn't nice at all and will leave you with a case of Dehli belly...! It's also a joke to have to pay for wifi which when you do buy doesn't work.
3 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Saoirse
"Two night stay"
The staff really friendly, close to town centre, aircon was not that cold which was a shame. Next door is building a new hotel so noisy after 7am if you want to sleep in but I like this hotel good location fine service
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Derek
Nice hotel but you can hear the music from the clubs up until 2am.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"lovely hotel great friends staff"
The only downside was their were lizards everywhere. However they are only on the seiling.. Keep your room door closed and you will be fine
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Ben
"Felt like a rockstar"
Great price. Super luxurious. Felt like a king. Helpful staff. Pool amazing. Large room. AAA+!
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Close to the mall"
Friendly staff, always helpful & the resort was close enough to the mall and not far from the airport. Onsite restaurant isnt that great & the bar at the pool wasnt operational when we were there. Although lots of eateries/bars nearby. Free shuttle to the mall was a bonus. Conditions of rooms were satisfactory, we were at poolside so very convenient if we needed a dip in the pool. Overall stay was comfortable. Not wheelchair friendly, if u have lots of luggage be prepared to get muscles from all the lifting, especially if u have to walk up the stairs. Yes, the resort is on a slope. Pay extra for a deluxe room closer to reception. I'd stay again.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nova escape"
I thought the location was quite nice nestled onto the side of hill with a tropical feel amongst rainforrest with plenty of birdlife and overall good value for money for the budget concious.The wifi wasnt free and kept dropping out and the air conditioning was pretty ordinary,taking quite a while to cool and cut out every time you exitted but I found the service and staff quite good
3 night trip Apr 19, 2015
"loved everything about this place."
I can't fault this hotel. First place we stopped in Thailand and it set the bar high as it was under £10 a night. The room was big, clean and had a nice bathroom. It overlooked the pool on the balcony which was lovely in the evening to sit and have a drink. Only the sounds of the wildlife around. About 10 minutes walk from all the action/beaches of Chaweng so enough out of it not to get the spill out of a night but still very close! Would have liked to have stayed at this hotel longer, although Samui wasn't really my thing. Reception let us leave our bags all day for no fee when leaving. Would recommend this place.
2 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2015
mitchell
"nice place to stay"
Very nice stay near to the city and muslim food easy for us.
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
MAHAZIR
"Regular visitor"
I've stayed at the hotel several times, and it's great. The rooms, staff and facilities are excellent.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Mick
"Relaxed hotel close to town"
Nice hotel with friendly staff and good size swimming pool. This was my second visit to this hotel and I stayed for 25 nights with no problems. When I return to Chaweng this is the hotel I will be staying at and recommend it to others looking for good mid priced accommodation.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"I like it"
I've stayed here three times now. I like the location because it's far enough away from Chaweng Beach Rd to be quiet but still only a shortish walk. The WiFi isn't free and paid WiFi not great and it is set on a slope so a lot of steps to walk up... But I like it and will stay here again :)
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Tony
The hotel looks little old.bathrooms needs refitting.otherwise stay was comfortable.the staff were very friendly.the breakfast was not that good though.location is excellent nearer to all activities.overall satisfactory
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
manickam
Very good resort with nice pool and other amenities. Great location and close to Chaweng beach. There was an issue with the water pipe and we had yellow tap water for the whole day, but it was promptly fixed.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Good value budget hotel , needs a bit of modernization , bit dated , nice pool area and liked the location just 5 mins from the high street , few issues with room is asked for , was given a twin and not a double but after x2 days got what I had requested and shower was only Luke warm but overall for the price it was fine .
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Darren
"Good price"
It was okay just didn't like the wifi wasn't in room and the random bugs. But you can't beat the location for the price.
5 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
"Over 100 steps up to room and brown water"
We stayed in a 'hill room' - that means you could be facing 100+ steps up every time. It was a slog every night coming back to hotel. But the worse part was the bathroom - the sink and toilet constantly had brown or yellow running water (we stayed 8 days - no improvement). The toilet always looked like someone had just used it. It was very unpleasant and very disappointing for the price of hotel. Pool and other hotel facilities were nice and staff friendly. Pool table was an absolute joke though - in terrible condition - replace the thing for goodness sake!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Nova samui"
They don't have half the drinks on the list, the rooms smell of damp and mould, and if you get make up on the bathroom towel, they will refuse to try and wash it and either make you wash it or charge for a new one. (So do they wash anything?) NOT LIKE THE PICTURES will be disappointed.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
arran
"excellent service"
excellent service the condition of the rooms were of a high standard and the staff were helpful at all times during our stay
7 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
john neal
"Great Budget Resort"
The place was fantastic - yes there are a lot of stairs but the staff were amazing, the rooms and facilities were very nice, clean and we were all very happy. It is not a 5 star resort - it is a budget resort but excellent value for money. If you want 5 star, stay somewhere else. If you want great accommodation, wonderful friendly staff for a great price stay at Nova Samui. There were 3 of us (3 rooms) and we all loved it. One friend dropped some money and the cleaner found it, hid it in her room and told the front desk to catch us on the way in and let us know. How many hotels would put in that much effort. It was 5 minutes walk to the main street, shopping centre and all the restaurants and night life without being in the hustle and bustle of the main street like other resorts. I have two friends planning an Xmas trip to Koh Samui and happily recommended this hotel, it is value for money.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Nathan
"Friendly/Attentive Staff and Lush Tropical Gardens"
The hotel is set in tropical gardens with a great pool. Location is actually not that far from the centre of the action and the beach if you don't mind a ten minute walk. Staff were very friendly and helpful - much better than other hotels I have stayed at in Thailand. Breakfast staff were particularly attentive and polite. I would definitely stay there again.
7 night trip Oct 20, 2014
"Very nice resort but 20 minute walk from the beach"
The Nova Samui Resort is very well looked after and looks great. The staff were very friendly, they had no problem booking a tour or transfers for us and they looked after us well. The room was very nice although it was up quite a few steps which could be a problem for some. There is a free pool table in the lobby and it also had a bar and restaurant. The pool area is also very nice with a pool bar. It was very quiet when we were there. The only bad points are that they are a 20 minute walk to the beach and a ten minute walk to the town centre although a shuttle bus service is available. The room price was also excellent. I would recommend the resort to others.
3 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
Patrick
Very average. Lots of stairs to climb. Breakfast was not good.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
gail
"Nova Samui"
Friendly staff, couldn't fault them on any service/s. They were polite, helpful and generally a pleasure to deal with. Pools, WiFi, etc.. great quality. There are quite a number of steps to climb throughout the hotel, this not being an issue for us, it may be quite a deal breaker for the elderly, injured, unwell or unfit traveller/s. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend Nova Samui to anyone looking for a well situated, very affordable place to stay while in Koh Samui.
5 night romance trip Jun 25, 2014
Damen
"Great value for money! beautiful garden and pool:)"
We stayed there for 12 days with my husband. Very happy with our choice cause we got more than we expected for what we paid for. Our hill room was quite big and nice with beautiful view to the garden from your balcony. Calm place, not many people, maybe because of low season. Cleaning ladies did a great job every day, new towels and etc.The pool was lovely but tiles in some places were old and had to be fixed. It also worked till 6 pm for some reasons, a bit early I believe. Free bus goes to Chaweng walking street every 30 mins, was useful. No free Wi-Fi in the room, we had to pay for it. In general we had a great holiday and will be back again:)
12 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Yeliena
Stayed here for several weeks and the place was amazing. Lovely room and pool and even though it's a little further from town they offer a free bus in every half hour. Only drawback was having to pay a little extra for internet and they didn't offer motobike rental so we had to go elsewhere.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"It's OK"
We'd been traveling all day and we're hot and tired. We weren't welcomed well, the people after us received welcome drinks and we didn't? Consistency would be good, just cause we looked like back Packers doesn't mean you treat us that way. The room was quite nice, the tv reception want the best, we had to pay for wifi, which was free in all the other places we stayed. The free hotel shuttle that we booked that was meant to pick us up from town didn't turn up til we called them. Over all I wasn't impressed. We stayed at many hotels during our trip that were better.
Other trip May 21, 2014
traveled S.E.A
"A couple of hiccups but would stay here again"
This was my 2nd stay at the Nova. The first was just 2 nights and no issues. This time was a week and I had a couple of minor problems. I will get to them later as I don't want to give the wrong idea - this is a good place to stay and I would stay here again. It is less than 10 mins walk from the Central Festival shopping centre which is the largest in Samui. It is a bit over 10 mins walk to Chaweng Beach which is the main spot for night life. I was alone but it would also be a good place for a family. I had a Junior Suite which had two rooms plus a bathroom with shower and bath. Room 1 had a large single bed, lounge suite and coffee table. Room 2 had a king size bed, TV, fridge, desk, wardrobe etc... Both spacious rooms, a bit dated, but comfortable with separate air conds. The resort sprawls over a sloping hill so depending on your room placement you may have to walk up quite a few steps. There is a large pool and the food is ok for the price. The problems I had: One day I had no water due to a broken pipe. My hot water system broke down on two separate occasions. My air cond broke down four times. I must say though the staff were very attentive and rectified each problem very quickly. Also the WiFi kept dropping out which was annoying especially since I had to pay extra for it (only 300 Baht for 1 week).
Other trip May 19, 2014
Tony
"Very nice hotel...at the main area in koh samui..."
Good stay...nice hotel...area really nice...plus free drop of to chaweng centre..extra bonus...
5 night trip May 4, 2014
Manish
IN
"Recommend Nova"
I stayed with my partner at the Nova Samui for 16 nights, the staff were always polite helpful and courteous. The rooms are basic, but you get what you pay for and I have no complaint about the hotel although a few repairs are needed. The hotel run a free bus into the center of Chaweng every half hour. It sure beats walking. The hotel is close to the nightlife and the huge new shopping center. Bars and cafes are all close by as are car and motorbike hire. Around the pool, which is clean and a good size there are no umbrellas The only complaint I have about my flight and hotel package is I am still waiting a refund for a change of flight 6 weeks after the change. Been on holiday and back and no refund. Expedia do not answer the phone and do not respond to EMail
Other trip May 9, 2014
Barry
"10 minutes walk to Chaweng Beach"
The hotel is located about 10 minutes walk to Chaweng Beach which is where the main night life is, and there are also regular shuttles which can drop you off there. It is also about 5 minutes walk to the Central Festival shopping centre which has just opened and is by far the largest in Koh Samui. My room was quite spacious, clean, comfortable and overall pleasing. You have to pay for the WiFi but it is only 100 Baht per day or 300 per week which is not much. Another downside is the resort is set on a large sloping block so depending which room you get you may have to walk up a lot of steps to get to it...
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Tony
"Good hotel, awesome staff"
Was a decent hotel for the price paid. It was an older hotel, and you can tell that as soon as you see inside. For the purpose of the trip, it was fine. The balcony door wouldn't latch properly, and as soon as it was reported, two guys came up straight away to repair the door. Very helpful staff, with a great attitude! Also should mention that it's location made it a very quiet and relaxing stay.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2014
"Great location and good price"
Enjoyed the location and great views of the lake. Room was big size with great balcony. Not happy that I had to pay extra for wifi. Also, very poor pressure in shower.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014