All hotels in New London, Connecticut, United States of America
269 North Frontage Road, 380 Bayonet St (Back Entrance/GPS), New London, CT, 06320, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good for the price"
Checked in on Friday night and went to Mohegan. Returned at about 1130 and the hotel bar was closed which ended our night quickly. Our shuttle driver was great, but it is a 15 minute ride. Outback restaurant is close, but closes early too. Overall a great hotel for a cheap weekend away.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"I stayed one night we had 2 rooms"
We stayed with our kids and had connecting rooms. Heat didn't work in one room no one there to fix it. Couldn't give us different rooms together. Put us on opposite end from pool and you had to walk down one flight of stairs, across the lobby, to go up another flight down the hallway down another flight of stairs to find the pool. Then it was impossible to find the way back so you had to go outside wet in the freezing weather while it snowed.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Nice hotel close by highway"
This hotel was small, near New London Mall and highway. The pool was warm while it was snowing outside - that was a perfect place to relax for an hour. We went with the shuttle bus to Mohegan Sun Casino - was easy access, short trip and a friendly driver.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Camy
"Great for a quick casino trip!"
We went for a girls weekend to Mohegan. The hotel was about 15 minutes away and offered a shuttle to and from the hotel. For the price, we didn't expect much. The hotel room was clean and well maintained, staff was super friendly. Perfect for a night or two instead of spending $600 for a room at Mohegan.
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We welcome all feedback, but it is always nice to hear the positive! I hope that you will choose to stay with us again as we will continue to work on being a great choice for our Mohegan travelers. Thanks again! Steven H. General Manager
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"Short ride to the casino"
Good experience. Clean, comfortable. Rooms could be updated but for the money not to bad.
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are passing through. We will continue to provide the same great service as we move forward with upgrades and renovations. Best Regards, Steven H. General Manager
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Tired old Holiday Inn"
The Clarion is a tired old Holiday that looks like it may go away at any time. I believe that I was the only person on my entire hallway the first night I was there. Breakfast was weak, and the restaurant is out of business. Only 2 of the 4 five pieces of equipment in the exercise room worked.
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have recently joined the team here and we are working hard to identify and correct any problem areas that we may find. I can assure you that we are not going anywhere and we will continue to provide great service and clean comfortable rooms as we move forward in our upgrades and renovations. We hope to see you again! P.S. I wish it were not the case but this time of year on the coast of Connecticut it is not unusual to find yourself one of only a few guests. We enjoy this opportunity to create a more at home feel for those that are with us. Best Regards, Steven H. General Manager
2 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
"Hard on the knees"
Beware, there is no elevator and the stairs are concrete!
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Adrianne
"CASINO HOTEL - AFFORDALE"
Last minute booking,very nice hotel,room comfortable,didnt have exact room reservation and was told my 3rd party booking site offered me a room that wasnt available,not too thrilled,free breakfast was nice and overall would book again.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Adequate hotel"
This hotel was fine for the one night we stayed, especially for the price. Our room was clean, however the pillows were very small and the toilet was very low. Also, the shower mat was stained. The continental breakfast offered a decent variety. We went down for breakfast around 8:30 and they were out of breakfast sausage. We asked twice if it would be refilled and were told yes, but they never did refill it. We would stay here again because it's a decent hotel for the price, it's close to the casino, and the kids enjoyed the pool.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Tina
"terrible!"
The beds were so uncomfortable .they only gave one pillow and put two throw pillows in a pillow case. The room had an old tv. That barely changed channels. And kept shutting off !!! I went to take a bath because I fell on the ice outside !!!!!!and the tub doesn't have a plug to accommodate a bath. The breakfast smeled and tasted aweful!
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
"Nice hotel near relatives"
Arrived later on a Friday evening ~ hotel staff was quite accommodating and pleasant. The young man at the check in desk was very knowledgeable about everything hotel has to offer. The beds were very comfortable for sleeping; but I wish they were Queen size & not double. Could use that little extra room. While we did have a TV in our room; the remote was not working & we could only view one channel. The bathroom was very clean & shower pressure was good; but wished there was a vent/fan in there. Although the staff answered our questions when asked about the odor in the lobby ~ smelled like gas ~ we weren't really satisfied with the fact that he said the local utility company has checked it out & says it's from the lines where there was once a fountain. Maybe not harmful; but still smelled like gas. The rooms & hallways did not smell like this. We very much enjoyed the Continental breakfast ~ very please with the many choices ~ especially the Belgian Waffles! While we did not go over to it ~ it was good to know there is an Outback Steakhouse in the same parking lot. While visiting relatives this past weekend, we did eat the the Panda Buffet in the mall right next to the hotel ~ supermarket, Home Goods & many other stores in that shopping center. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Grandma Fran
"Cheap alternative to casino hotels"
Great place for the price. Close enoug drive to casinos. Hotel offers shuttle to/from Mohegan sun.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Meg
"Very nice."
Very nice. Will go there again. Loved the pool and the Hot Tub!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Pleased"
Was very impressed with the size of the room. Very clean and people very helpful
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great last minute booking"
Last minute booking, staff was extremely nice, we would definitely book again if in the area.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"B-"
It's nothing special, it's a cheap place to stay. Perfect for an overnight casino trip. Room was clean. Walls are thin. Breakfast was good. Pool is very sketchy at best.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Matthew
"Quick stay"
Arrived late, left early - clean warm room on a cold icy night.
Response by Clarion Inn
We are so glad that we were able to make your short stay with us an enjoyable one. We hope to see you again soon! Steven Haight GM Clarion Inn
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
C
"great stay will recommend and stay there in the fu"
We stayed at this hotel because it was close to Mohegan Sun where we were celebrating our daughters boyfriend's birthday. They offered a shuttle but we didn't use it. The bed was comfy. They had a great assortment for breakfast. The shower was great. The front desk person was very friendly.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
robert
we have stayed there before but left there because it was going down hill...went to spring hill..tried it this time things have changed for the better...lots of good changes..will return again...ken
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I have recently joined the team here as the new General Manager and we are working hard to identify and correct any areas that need improvement. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again soon so that we may have another opportunity to impress! Best Regards, Steven Haight GM Clarion Inn
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
ken
"Nice clean hotel with very friendly staff."
We stayed at this hotel and visited Mohegan Sun Casino, a short car ride away. The facility is located right next to an Outback Restaurant which made eating dinner very convenient. We were tired and hungry when we arrived at the hotel on a Friday night so it was great to be able to walk through the parking lot to the Outback. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again in the future.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
TDS
"Comfortable at Clarion"
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Horrible"
The manager was extremely rude. Pls stay elsewhere!
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"don't recommend staying here"
Heat did not work and hotel did not do much to accommodate... shuttle service was awful... won't stay there again... mad I lost over 100 dollars to this hotel... don't recommend...
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
The whole point of staying there was for the free shuttle to Mohegan Sun and 2 hours after we checked in we were informed that it was cancelled due to light snow fall. We ended up spending $80 on cab rides. If anything, we felt like the hotel should have given some kind of discount on the room but that was not the case. We were very disappointed.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"nice place"
The hotel staff was polite, and the room was clean. The only issue was that I rented the room specifically because they had a shuttle but when I arrived they informed me it would not be running due to snow. Other than that it was nice. I would stay there again.
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you for taking the time to respond to this survey. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I do appologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered with our complimentary shuttle. It is our policy to shut it down if there are any weather concerns between the hours of 5pm and 2am. in order to keep everyone as safe as possible. Thank you again! Steven Haight General Manager
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
raven
"convenient to Coast Guard Academy, New London"
The hotel is a bit dated. Back entrance is not secure or visible to front desk, so security a concern. Doors are thin and don't seal well. Rooms were clean and offer microwave, fridge and coffee pot. Beds comfortable.
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We always welcome any information from our guests that might help us to improve any future stays. Our back entrance is monitored by camera which is viewable at all times by our front desk. I will certainly check on any security concerns as we take that matter very seriously. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again. Steven Haight General Manager
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Affordable but I would pay 10 more for next option"
Got lost because they do not have a sign outside the establishment. The hotel needs to be updated. Old tv's old furniture. Fan did not work in the bathroom. Showered and saw a message in the mirror which was obviously not cleaned after the last guest. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was decent. I visit this area often but I will put this place on my DO NOT LIST.
Response by Clarion Inn
I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. I have recently joined the team hear and we are working hard to identify and correct any problem areas. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with a quality experience. Best Regards, Steven Haight General Manager
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Christina
"NYE Shuttle"
Everything here was great! We stayed there for New Years Eve & the staff was very welcoming & friendly (especially Tracey and Ishmal-spelt wrong). They put up with everything professionally. The only compliant was the shuttle back from Mohegan. It only carried 13/14 people so at 2:30 if you weren't there you had to find your own way home. Other hotels had SO MANY shuttles (holiday inn went by 8 times while I waited for the Clairon). Once the shuttle got there it was a free for all & the can got rushed by about 40 people. Next year have more shuttles please, but everything else was great!
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your business and the kind words. I am sorry to hear about any problems that you encountered with our shuttle. It was a very busy night and our comlimentary shuttle service is only comprised of 1 van. We will definitely be reviewing any possibilties to expand that for next year. Thank you again! Steven Haight General Manager
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Good stay for New Years."
No complaints. Worth the money. Basic room, nothing fancy, but clean. Front desk helpful and nice.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Dec/29/2014"
The breakfast in Clairon Inn was real bad.This morning our family went down stairs for breakfast at 9:00 am, the juice machine has been shut down by the black women. Then, I asked her to reopen the machine for our drinks, she refused. After, she told me the machine was suppose to be shut down at 9:00 am. I asked her why yesterday the machine was shut at 10:00 am. She said" yesterday was the weekend". The most unbelievable and most unacceptable thing was that one couple appeared 10 minutes later than us at breakfast. The black women gave two orange juice to the couples. Therefore, these things make our family very angry, this is also not service stuff. This is a discrimination matter, also not against the law. So we strongly recommend the people doesn't live in this hotel, in order to prevent from such case to happen again to your family.The last thing I have to complain about is that the bed is too narrow. Sent from my iPhone
Response by Clarion Inn
I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit. We pride ourselves on trying to make every guest feel welcome and important. I will certainly review the problems that you expressed about our breakfast .
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Penj
"good"
pleasant, worth the money... nothing special no problems
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
scott
"Relaxing"
I didn't expect to find a comfortable and relaxing hotel stay for the price I paid. I love the indoor swimming pool, gym and spa as it is clean and very accessible from the hotel room. It's indoor... I walk to the pool and spa like it's an extension of my room.
3 night business trip Dec 26, 2014
Bryan
"Great hotel in a spectacular neighborhood."
My time in the neighborhood was quiet and relaxing with my daughter.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Close to Mohegan and cheap"
The room had a microwave and minifridge as well a tv and desk. The heat worked very well. For the price it was excellent and even included continental breakfast and a shuttle to and from the casino. I would stay here again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
gigi
"Perfect."
Nice staff. Great free breakfast. Free shuttle to the casino. Hot tub is amazing. Pool and gym are decent as well. Great parking. Right next to malls, and not far from outlets. Great price. Perfect weekend getaway!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Max
"Happy holidays on the road!"
It had to be the best night's sleep I've had while traveling in a while. Very clean and comfortable accommodations.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Quick getaway"
Easy check in. Close to ferry and casinos. Close to highway.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Got what I paid for"
Went for 2 overnight stays. My children enjoyed using the pool however there weren't any towels available until I called the front desk then it took 2 phone calls to get towels. Tracy from the dining room was very courteous and amazing with hotel guest. Other than that I got what I paid for.
2 night business trip Dec 19, 2014
Ivette
"Great staff, ok hotel"
We had one mishap after another, however Tracy at the front desk could not have been nicer or more helpful! She finally straightened out everything with a smile on her face! The woman in charge of the breakfast buffet was also friendly. The hotel just needs an update!!
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
I booked this hotel because it was decently close to Foxwoods at a reasonable rate and when I called the hotel, they informed me that there was a free shuttle from the hotel to the casino. When I got the hotel however, I was informed that the shuttle to Foxwoods no longer existed and that they only go to Mohegan Sun now. The staff tried to be accommodating and comped a cab ride to Foxwoods due the misunderstanding/misinformed staff member that I spoke to on the phone. I appreciated this effort a lot, however I wouldn't have booked this hotel had I known the shuttle was no longer running-- the cab ride to Foxwoods was over $40. Also, the cab company that they use (Harry's, I believe) was supposed to come pick us up to go back to the hotel at the end of the night. When we called, they gave us a 45 min ETA but never came and stopped answering the phone. We ended up having to pay our own cab fare home. That's not a reflection on the hotel, but just as an FYI, if you have the hotel call you a cab, make sure it's not Harry's.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"good time"
great thanks
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
GLEN
"Overall good experience!"
Clean room, good service, don't listen to all of the bad reviews! Great deal. Shuttle was always on time to and from Mohegan. Only complaint was that it smells in the hallway but the room I stayed in smelled completely fine.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
"Nice indoor pool"
It was fine, loved the pool and hot tub.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Close to sub base"
Nice second visit. Lots of restaurants close and we were given a complementary blooming onion for Outback which is in the same parking lot as the hotel. The staff a are extremely helpful and friendly.
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words. Too often we only hear the negative and quite often they are not accurate. I have recently joined the team here as the new General Manager and we are working hard to provide each guest with a quality experience. I hope that we can shine as brightly on your third visit! Best Regards, Steven Haight GM Clarion Inn
navy mom
"UNBELIEVABLE! !!!!!!!!!"
First let me start by saying the first room was freezing and I called to the front desk to ask how do I heat the room? I was told by the thermostat on the wall.... THERE WAS NONE...... They switched my room... the next room seem to be okay, until we came back from dinner, and it was freezing in the room, the bathroom light was not working, and to top it off, the phone was not working so I couldn't complain about it. I had to go to the desk and they sent someone to fix the light, and check the heating system and fix the phone. It took most of the morning to fix the heating system, which had to be removed and replaced. UNBELIEVABLE. ....I was trying to take care of some work, which was being interrupted because of the work being done. So me experience at the hotel was an unbelievable experience.
Heating unit was extremely loud so we had to turn it off. The blinds did not darken the room.
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We always welcome any feedback that might help us to improve our guests experience. We will be sure to check the unit that you described and always remember that there are black-out curtains located behind the sheers to keep the room as dark as you would like. GM Clarion Inn
"Not nice hotel"
The rooms reeked of old cigarette smell. The comforter had a burnt hole in it. My daughters rooms smelled worst then mine her mattress pad had hair all over it. I told the front desk they said they would try and compensate for our disappointment but nothing was done. The breakfast was ok. The best was the woman taking care of breakfast she was friendly and always tried to have everything filled. I go to foxwood at least once a year if not more and will definetely not stay there again,
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
aa
"Super clean and comfortable!"
I loved my stay here. Went there for a concert and enjoyed my time. Everyone is very friendly the room was super clean thank goodness, the bed was very comfortable. I really have no complaints. The breakfast was way better than I thought. Wish I stayed a little longer to swim in the pool but maybe next time. Oh and the driver for the shuttle was super nice
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you very much for the kind words. I have recently joined the team here as the new General Manager and we are working hard to make every stay an enjoyable one. I will be sure to share your words with my staff. Thank you for your business! Steven Haight GM Clarion Inn
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
stephanie
"Hidden away gem"
pleasurable night nice breakfast buffet too
Response by Clarion Inn
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to this survey. It is always nice to hear the positive! We hope to see you again soon. Steven Haight GM Clarion Inn
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
kathy
"Hotel near the casinos"
Hotel has gone down hill. We have booked it a number of times as it has a shuttle to both casinos. We will never stay there again this time the shuttle dropped us odd but did nor pick us up at the scheduled time. We had to call the hotel ten times before someone picked up the phone saying he had to go home due to an emergency and that they would send a taxi cab. We then had to call aother 5 times to see where the cab was. They did not call us at all to let us know what was going on
Response by Clarion Inn
I am so sorry to hear of the difficulties that you experienced. We did have an emergency situation with our driver and tried our best to provide taxi service from an outside vendor at our expense. This is certainly not typical and I hope that you will consider trying us again. Best regards, Steven Haight GM Clarion Inn
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014