All hotels in Rutland, Vermont, United States of America

Poor wellness & sports facilities
great will come again
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2016
"Overnight with Family"
Weekend away with my young Daughters. Staff was friendly at checkin. Breakfast was filling. My only complaint was the lingering odor of cigarrette smoke despite being in a smoke free room.
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
"Not up to standards"
Hot tubs, heater & refridge not working.mold & smell
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
"Average hotel"
We stayed here at the Holiday Inn for one night. The man checking us in was quite unfriendly. After delayed check in we found out it was his first day. Completely understandable but being welcoming is something that needs to be worked out by all the staff here. The hotel seemed very old and had a smell to it. Otherwise it was clean and the breakfast was outstanding with a variety. They however did not have prepared oatmeal, which is always my favorite. The hotel is right at the start/end of town so it doesn't seem very homey. I'm sure this can be a plus for some wanting to have large shops within walking distance.
1 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
Nikki
"Mostly good, but room smelled smoky"
The location and services are very good. The breakfast was excellent. The major negative is that the room smelled quite distinctly of smoke, despite the non-smoking policy. They need to do something about the smell of smoke and general mustiness. But other than that, I would recommend the hotel.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Matthew
Stayed one night after a spartan race and it was great. The staff was vary nice.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Expedia
Mad dope
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
"Holiday Inn Rutland"
good last minute Hotel.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Older hotel that needs to be updated"
First of all, I would like to state that the staff was very helpful and professional. They did fix our air conditioner upon request in a reasonable time. Also, they printed for free our boarding passes for our flight the next day. However, the negative review is for the condition of the hotel, especially for the price. Our room was musty, the carpeting is old and worn in our room as well as the hallways. It really should be updated! For the price, there is no complimentary breakfast and it was too expensive for the overall condition of the hotel. We were able to drive to Panera and Denny's close by for breakfast.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Marc
"Convenient to other locations"
The hotel is convenient if you are visiting other areas in Vermont and/or want to be close to a variety of other restaurants. The hotel restaurant is clean & the staff is pleasant. Breakfast is a plus and dinner is reasonably priced for a hotel. No lunch services. The hallways have an odor in the carpet and the areas for smokers should be further away from the building, as you can smell the smoke when entering the building from certain doors. The bathrooms need updating desperately- not your typical Holiday Inn Express bathrooms. The grounds could be cleaner and more inviting as you approach- maybe a play area for children.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"So long Holiday Inn"
We would have left and gone somewhere else if our payment was refundable. We had a room with 2 double beds and the beds were awful, one had a big dip in the middle of the bed and made so much noise when you tried to roll over. We both were very sore from the beds. The room bedding had a hole in the skirt and was very dated. The hot tub and pool and breakfast was great. We stayed here in January and our room was great. Unfortunately this last visit was not so great and now we will have to find another place to stay when we come to visit family, which is often. Amenities are nice, but being able to get a comfortable nights rest is also important.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Don't stay here"
Like sleeping in someone's musty dirty basement
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
Gregory
"Good location but wasted potential."
The bed was not at all comfortable. It was far too stiff. Hot water in the bathroom was not working in the sink and was very slow to come on in the shower. The pool was very cloudy and the hot tubs had a greenish slime on the top of the water. Those facilities did not look very well maintained. I feel like I paid at least $30 more than the usual rate at this hotel and even the usual rate seems exorbitant for what you actually get.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
It was nice. Just at night late after 1am kids were very noises in the hallway
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Rutland Stay"
Older hotel. Fixtures are a little tired. Restaurant was great. Great service at the bar for dinner and nice menu and daily specials.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
"Better than most at a better than most price"
Great restaurant and excellent breakfast which is included. Rooms are a little small and the dark carpets make them seem smaller. The hotel is a great place to put your head down to sleep. Unlike the Hampton Inn next door, the Holiday Inn has a very good restaurant.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Shari
Nice hotel for the cost. The staff were friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was more substantial than many I've seen.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Overall experience"
The staff were all very pleasant and courteous. Having the restaurant/bar right in the hotel was very convenient. We were able to relax and enjoy a nice dinner at the end of the day without having to go anywhere. Both the dinner food and the breakfast buffet were very good. The room was clean but the beds were a little hard and the sheets a little thin.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Clean and Comfortable"
The room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was ok. My only true complaint was that the indoor heated pool did not have the heat turned on the night we arrived, the water was frigid. We did try to spend some time in the pool that night but, the temperature did not make it enjoyable. They did turn the heater on just prior to our leaving the pool but for a pool that size it would have taken until the next morning to really make a difference in the temperature.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Mauren S
"little tired place"
An older Holiday Inn.... n
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"too many things"
super noisy. Airconditioning was so noisy! Dogs barking and people playing in the hallways! Not to say that young people were drinking and making lots of noise at night. Breakfast was nice and staff too. Pool overloaded with Chlore and not clean!
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Sandra
"Wasn't great wasn't terrable"
Hotel was clean. Good breakfast included. Now where they need to improve.room was near the exit door and there was no door stopers so every time people went outside you heard door slam loud from in our room. Pool area was very cold so when you got out of the pool you were instantly freezing. Sauna was broken and apparently has not been working for years and they do not have any jacuzzis witch said in there description they had I believe 2 was said to exist .
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
daniel
"Close to ski resorts"
Very clean and wonderful breakfast bar-n healthier than most!
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Okay, but not great."
Positives: Staff very friendly, great location. Negatives: The pool was not up and running while we were there, and the heat in our room was not working properly - it was either 80 degrees or 60, no in between. Breakfast buffet was included however it wasn't very good, which was disappointing because the last time we were there the buffet breakfast was good. Overall I fell the hotel is overpriced for what you get.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Great service. Great restaurant. Very clean. Not so comfortable rooms as the air was either blowing cold or hot and needed to be switched every few minutes. Rooms did not regulate temperature.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Would recommend"
The only negative thing I might say is that every time I'm looking for the hotel with the pool and sauna...when I check in, it won't work. Same happened here, but they offered us their sister-hotel service, which was nice. I like this hotel whenever I go. Good service, nice people, very clean place.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Falling apart"
The hotel is very outdated. The roof literally collapsed into the jacuzzi, that God no one was using them at the time. Even before the roof collapsed the water was a disgusting brown yellow color. I complained and they drained them the next day before the collapse. The entire pool area and hotel need massive updates. It seems that they renovated the lobby and bar area then stopped. The worst part was the out of date heating unit/ac in our room. If you want heat, you Have to hear this loud jet engine blower unit 24/7, you can't even hear the tv without having to blast it. Everything else is falling apart around the hotel. Wall paper peeling, old light fixtures that don't work left up, card readers that don't work, and Jacuzzis that look like they been installed in the 1990s. Definitely over priced.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"falling apart"
The lobby and bar area were nice but, that seems to be all they updated. The rest of the hotel is literally falling apart! During my stay the roof collapsed over the Jacuzzis sending beams and debris into the jacuzzi and pool! The Jacuzzis looked like they were installed 20 years ago and the rest of the pool area was out dated. Before the roof collapsed I tried going in the jacuzzi but the water was dirt brown and when i complained they actually had the hot tubs drained but told me that it happens from time to time. Walking around the hotel you will see old heaters old light fixtures they left up key card readers that don't work and wall paper peeling off. The absolute worst was the room heater! Its an old ac/heater. Your entire stay you have to have this LOUD BLOWER blowing hot air day and night. You have to raise the tv volume to hear it. I will be staying somewhere else next time.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
joe
"Close enough to Killington"
Excellent staff all around. Reasonably priced good food. 5 minutes from great Rutland Restaurants and less than 20 minutes from Killington Base. Thoroughly enjoyable 3-day ski trip with my son.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"2 Stars Hotel, Definitely not 3"
This time I was not impressed. There were kids partying all night. The paper thin walls and door could not stop the noise from pouring in. Adding to the noise, the air con unit was loud. Our bed was a old double which had some dysfunctional springs which made the sleep uncomfortable. Checkout was slow. We had to wait for over 10 minutes for someone who knew computer to check us out. Overall experience, subpar. I would not call this a three stars hotel - two maybe.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Great stay over the holidays and will stay again"
We liked the hotel, the spa and pool. It was great, and we will stay there again.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Good place to stay."
Room was a bit unclean. Room drains were really slow so sink was a bit dirty. I was with family to ski at Killington so it was an affordable stay. The website said it was 8 miles from mountain but it was 27. It turned out to be a quick easy ride. For the price it was worth it as it was a place to sleep.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Not so great"
Phones didn't work, first room we checked into smelled of mold, hot tub had been drained and was cold. Bartender was nice. Breakfast spread was okay.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
diane
"Very good"
Everything was good except uninterested staff in breakfast room.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Not impressed"
The hotel is close to everything Rutland and it was slightly cheaper than staying at the ski resorts 20-30 min away. We stayed at this hotel twice, 2 years apart. The second stay was not as good as the first one. The room was as clean as last time and that was good. We were assigned a disabled-access room at ground floor near the swimming pool this time. Kids hanged out in that area late at night partying. The paper thin door and room insulation did not stop the noise at all. Very early in the morning on Xmas Day, there were people screaming and crying on corridor for some kind of accident. We had a double bed which was not very comfortable. Some bed springs were broken. Check out was a long wait. One lady sat at the counter said she could not do anything until the big guy returns. It was 9am, strange time not to properly staff, wasn't it?
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Hot tub"
Hot tub had a moldy smell, sauna was closed, pool area very cold
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
"Nice...."
The hotels location was great and the staff was friendly. The room was clean a little musty but not bad. The few downsides are the size of the beds are only doubles and the heat/ac unit is extremely loud. The units made so much noise that is was tough to sleep.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
Bonnie
"NEVER AGAIN!"
Noisy, noisy, noisy. Could not sleep. When we left because of the unacceptable conditions, the Hotel refused to refund for the 2nd night. Even with Hotels.com intervention they refused. So, not only were the accomodations horrible, but the customer service was non-existent. We will NEVER stay in a Holiday Inn again.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Absolutely DO NOT stay in Room 162."
The room we were given was next to an exit door. Until 3:00 a.m. we were disturbed regularly by the SLAM BANG of the double doors. In addition to this, the heating unit in the room sounded like a 747 taking off every time it kicked in. Needless to say, we did not sleep at all. We checked out in the morning and went to another hotel for the 2nd night of our trip. Although I asked for a refund from Hotels.com for the second unused night, so far this request has been denied.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Room was noisy."
I have stayed here several times in the past and have given mixed reviews. During this stay I was constantly being wakened by noises in the corridor outside of my room. There was a door that was very noisy and constantly being used. I have no idea why. The refrigerator in the room was also very noisy coming on and off. I think there is probably a maintenance issue with the door. Otherwise this hotel is well located with friendly staff and is normally very secure and comfortable.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Unpleasant"
Some of the "upgrades" included: painting the bathtub with wall paint and getting rid of the Murphy beds. While using the shower, paint chips from the tub were falling onto my feet and legs as I was showering. The air conditioning unit made the sound of a jet engine and I got virtually no sleep.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Sally
"overnight stay"
very nice place.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Badly needs updating. Tube drain was extremely slow and everything smelled and felt old
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Stan
"Could use a little help"
This hotel was OK...not the best, but passable. In another review of this location, someone mentioned that the tub was slow to drain. I must have gotten the same room, because mine was the same way! Also, the king size mattress needs to be replaced. It had one section that was caved in. I would stay here again, but I would ask them if they have repaired/replaced the issues I mentioned.
4 night trip Sep 11, 2014
A Vacationer
"Easy access on main drag just outside of Rutland"
Hotel security is lacking. Upon entering on two occasions the Security Door was proped open with a large Plastic Pylon type of thing. I think individuals were going out to have a smoke and forgot to remove the prop when reentering the facility. The rear Parking Lot is dark and does not give one a warm and fuzzy feeling when entering late at night. The rear entry area was really dirty and unkept, needs a major onceover top to bottom.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Fred
"Very nice hotel"
We enjoyed our stay here. The entrance off the main road is a little dark, but you can definitely see the hotel's sign from the road. Beds were very comfy! Nice to have a refrigerator in the room...as I had packed some beverages from home for our trip.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Great for the tired traveler"
I could not have asked for a better place to stay. We were just passing through the area visiting colleges for my teenage daughter. We toured three colleges in two days and when we got to the Holiday Inn we were tired and hungry. The room was relaxing and the restaurant was just downstairs. The food was excellent and we got a great night's sleep.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Convenient location"
The Hotel is easy to find and near the Highway. They have a bar and restaurant onsite. A few items of note. Be sure to make certain they give you a card for the breakfast buffet on check-in, otherwise they will try to charge you $10 each for it. The buffet is well stocked, but get there early. I found that any problems or concerns such as no ice in the machine were very quickly handled and rectified by the staff who were very friendly and prompt. I would stay here again if I traveled to the Rutland Area.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
jaret
"Very Good Stay"
We stayed two nights, had a bathroom problem which was fixed the second day. Staff very cooperative. Dining room had had some problems with their cooking station. Chef was a little upset. Also food took a while for so few people. Prices on the menu could have been bigger print. Overall a satisfying stay.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
jery flan ders
"Not kept up at all!!"
The room itself was fine, nothing bad, nothing great but clean so no problem there. The shower did not drain, so was left standing in dirty water. I didn't bother complaining because I know there was nothing they could do about it. My husband went to use the hot tubs (they have 2) and they were both out of order and the sauna too!!! I should have complained and asked for my money back since that's the only reason we chose the hotel. The hotel staff was friendly though and the bartender was really cool to chat with. For Rutland, it's pretty much the best you going to get though but the Comfort Inn/Trolley Square is less expensive and has a working pool and hot tub.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014