All hotels in Rutland, Vermont, United States of America
476 Holiday Drive, Rutland, VT, 05701, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Rutland Stay"
Older hotel. Fixtures are a little tired. Restaurant was great. Great service at the bar for dinner and nice menu and daily specials.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
"Better than most at a better than most price"
Great restaurant and excellent breakfast which is included. Rooms are a little small and the dark carpets make them seem smaller. The hotel is a great place to put your head down to sleep. Unlike the Hampton Inn next door, the Holiday Inn has a very good restaurant.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Shari
"Overall experience"
The staff were all very pleasant and courteous. Having the restaurant/bar right in the hotel was very convenient. We were able to relax and enjoy a nice dinner at the end of the day without having to go anywhere. Both the dinner food and the breakfast buffet were very good. The room was clean but the beds were a little hard and the sheets a little thin.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"little tired place"
An older Holiday Inn.... n
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"too many things"
super noisy. Airconditioning was so noisy! Dogs barking and people playing in the hallways! Not to say that young people were drinking and making lots of noise at night. Breakfast was nice and staff too. Pool overloaded with Chlore and not clean!
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Sandra
"Wasn't great wasn't terrable"
Hotel was clean. Good breakfast included. Now where they need to improve.room was near the exit door and there was no door stopers so every time people went outside you heard door slam loud from in our room. Pool area was very cold so when you got out of the pool you were instantly freezing. Sauna was broken and apparently has not been working for years and they do not have any jacuzzis witch said in there description they had I believe 2 was said to exist .
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
daniel
"Close to ski resorts"
Very clean and wonderful breakfast bar-n healthier than most!
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Okay, but not great."
Positives: Staff very friendly, great location. Negatives: The pool was not up and running while we were there, and the heat in our room was not working properly - it was either 80 degrees or 60, no in between. Breakfast buffet was included however it wasn't very good, which was disappointing because the last time we were there the buffet breakfast was good. Overall I fell the hotel is overpriced for what you get.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Great service. Great restaurant. Very clean. Not so comfortable rooms as the air was either blowing cold or hot and needed to be switched every few minutes. Rooms did not regulate temperature.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Would recommend"
The only negative thing I might say is that every time I'm looking for the hotel with the pool and sauna...when I check in, it won't work. Same happened here, but they offered us their sister-hotel service, which was nice. I like this hotel whenever I go. Good service, nice people, very clean place.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Falling apart"
The hotel is very outdated. The roof literally collapsed into the jacuzzi, that God no one was using them at the time. Even before the roof collapsed the water was a disgusting brown yellow color. I complained and they drained them the next day before the collapse. The entire pool area and hotel need massive updates. It seems that they renovated the lobby and bar area then stopped. The worst part was the out of date heating unit/ac in our room. If you want heat, you Have to hear this loud jet engine blower unit 24/7, you can't even hear the tv without having to blast it. Everything else is falling apart around the hotel. Wall paper peeling, old light fixtures that don't work left up, card readers that don't work, and Jacuzzis that look like they been installed in the 1990s. Definitely over priced.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
joe
"Close enough to Killington"
Excellent staff all around. Reasonably priced good food. 5 minutes from great Rutland Restaurants and less than 20 minutes from Killington Base. Thoroughly enjoyable 3-day ski trip with my son.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"2 Stars Hotel, Definitely not 3"
This time I was not impressed. There were kids partying all night. The paper thin walls and door could not stop the noise from pouring in. Adding to the noise, the air con unit was loud. Our bed was a old double which had some dysfunctional springs which made the sleep uncomfortable. Checkout was slow. We had to wait for over 10 minutes for someone who knew computer to check us out. Overall experience, subpar. I would not call this a three stars hotel - two maybe.
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Great stay over the holidays and will stay again"
We liked the hotel, the spa and pool. It was great, and we will stay there again.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Good place to stay."
Room was a bit unclean. Room drains were really slow so sink was a bit dirty. I was with family to ski at Killington so it was an affordable stay. The website said it was 8 miles from mountain but it was 27. It turned out to be a quick easy ride. For the price it was worth it as it was a place to sleep.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Not so great"
Phones didn't work, first room we checked into smelled of mold, hot tub had been drained and was cold. Bartender was nice. Breakfast spread was okay.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
diane
"Very good"
Everything was good except uninterested staff in breakfast room.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Hot tub"
Hot tub had a moldy smell, sauna was closed, pool area very cold
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
"Nice...."
The hotels location was great and the staff was friendly. The room was clean a little musty but not bad. The few downsides are the size of the beds are only doubles and the heat/ac unit is extremely loud. The units made so much noise that is was tough to sleep.
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
Bonnie
"NEVER AGAIN!"
Noisy, noisy, noisy. Could not sleep. When we left because of the unacceptable conditions, the Hotel refused to refund for the 2nd night. Even with Hotels.com intervention they refused. So, not only were the accomodations horrible, but the customer service was non-existent. We will NEVER stay in a Holiday Inn again.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Room was noisy."
I have stayed here several times in the past and have given mixed reviews. During this stay I was constantly being wakened by noises in the corridor outside of my room. There was a door that was very noisy and constantly being used. I have no idea why. The refrigerator in the room was also very noisy coming on and off. I think there is probably a maintenance issue with the door. Otherwise this hotel is well located with friendly staff and is normally very secure and comfortable.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Unpleasant"
Some of the "upgrades" included: painting the bathtub with wall paint and getting rid of the Murphy beds. While using the shower, paint chips from the tub were falling onto my feet and legs as I was showering. The air conditioning unit made the sound of a jet engine and I got virtually no sleep.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Sally
"overnight stay"
very nice place.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Badly needs updating. Tube drain was extremely slow and everything smelled and felt old
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Stan
"Could use a little help"
This hotel was OK...not the best, but passable. In another review of this location, someone mentioned that the tub was slow to drain. I must have gotten the same room, because mine was the same way! Also, the king size mattress needs to be replaced. It had one section that was caved in. I would stay here again, but I would ask them if they have repaired/replaced the issues I mentioned.
4 night trip Sep 11, 2014
A Vacationer
"Easy access on main drag just outside of Rutland"
Hotel security is lacking. Upon entering on two occasions the Security Door was proped open with a large Plastic Pylon type of thing. I think individuals were going out to have a smoke and forgot to remove the prop when reentering the facility. The rear Parking Lot is dark and does not give one a warm and fuzzy feeling when entering late at night. The rear entry area was really dirty and unkept, needs a major onceover top to bottom.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Fred
"Very nice hotel"
We enjoyed our stay here. The entrance off the main road is a little dark, but you can definitely see the hotel's sign from the road. Beds were very comfy! Nice to have a refrigerator in the room...as I had packed some beverages from home for our trip.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Great for the tired traveler"
I could not have asked for a better place to stay. We were just passing through the area visiting colleges for my teenage daughter. We toured three colleges in two days and when we got to the Holiday Inn we were tired and hungry. The room was relaxing and the restaurant was just downstairs. The food was excellent and we got a great night's sleep.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Convenient location"
The Hotel is easy to find and near the Highway. They have a bar and restaurant onsite. A few items of note. Be sure to make certain they give you a card for the breakfast buffet on check-in, otherwise they will try to charge you $10 each for it. The buffet is well stocked, but get there early. I found that any problems or concerns such as no ice in the machine were very quickly handled and rectified by the staff who were very friendly and prompt. I would stay here again if I traveled to the Rutland Area.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
jaret
"Very Good Stay"
We stayed two nights, had a bathroom problem which was fixed the second day. Staff very cooperative. Dining room had had some problems with their cooking station. Chef was a little upset. Also food took a while for so few people. Prices on the menu could have been bigger print. Overall a satisfying stay.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
jery flan ders
"Not kept up at all!!"
The room itself was fine, nothing bad, nothing great but clean so no problem there. The shower did not drain, so was left standing in dirty water. I didn't bother complaining because I know there was nothing they could do about it. My husband went to use the hot tubs (they have 2) and they were both out of order and the sauna too!!! I should have complained and asked for my money back since that's the only reason we chose the hotel. The hotel staff was friendly though and the bartender was really cool to chat with. For Rutland, it's pretty much the best you going to get though but the Comfort Inn/Trolley Square is less expensive and has a working pool and hot tub.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Nice but changed a lot."
Previously with my stays I received free breakfast for my whole room. Included in price. This time price was almost double and no breakfast. I had to join a points plan ( which was free) just to get the buffet or pay more. And only 2 in my room were free. Room was clean staff friendly. Good stay but pricey.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Lora
The front desk staff was very helpful in suggesting a great place for dinner and gave good directions to the restaurant. We were disappointed that the room rate did not include Holiday Inn's great complimentary breakfast bar. The hotel restaurant breakfast buffet was not up to par as the complimentary breakfast bar the we have experienced in the past at Holiday Inns.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Helen
Neither of room phones worked. Refrigerator made noises. When moved to another room, there was no waste basket in main room by the desk and overhead light in bathroom was out. Breakfast in am at buffet was mediocre in that scrambled eggs were hard and not that fresh.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Very nice place to stay. Very comfortabel beds"
I used to live in the Rutland area and still like to visit on occassion. The Holiday Inn was a very nice place to stay. The beds & pillows were very comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2014
Charlotte
"Close to Skiing"
Convenient location for skiing. Hotel itself was nice, room was clean and bed comfortable. Nearby restaurants and downtown Rutland.
3 night family trip Mar 22, 2014
Skiing
Overcrowded way to many people in pool sauna not working (((
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2014
roman
Swimming pool overcrowded , not honest stuff ((( next time I go somewhere else!
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
"Great condition, easy to get to"
Hotel was in very nice shape. We wondered if it was a relatively new or recently remodeled,as things were in very nice condition throughout. Nice pool/hottub area and enjoyed a light meal at the bar. Location is very convenient if you are passing through Rutland, right where a couple major routes intersect, so if you're looking for convenience to the highways this is it. It is not the spot if you are looking for a quiet, country visit--as it is on a street full of restaurants and big box stores.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
"Good place to stay; pool was nice"
Pool was nice, hot tubs need to be replaced, too much chlorine. Dinner buffet was bad; breakfast buffet was OK. Heater in room cycled off/on every minute drove us nuts so we ended up turning it up to high when we were out and jus shutting it off when we got back.
3 night trip Feb 20, 2014
Ataylor
"Dissapointed with Expedia"
The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was courteous and the location was perfect. The problem or complaint i have is with expedia. I booked a king size room through the website, but upon arrival, i found out the hotel was booked and they could not accomodate my king size bed. I was told that the extablishment cannot hold the room type that is requested from expedia and they can only give me what is available. I am dissapointed in Expedia for listing room types as being available when they are not.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Great experience. Comfortable. Accomodating staff.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
"Many problems"
Hotel shower floor was dirty moldy we had to have them replace the existing floor mat and glue down another one. We had a flood in our room they were able to move us to a much nicer room for the second night.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"had a bed"
terrible carpets, Hall smelled like puke & was a confusing layout.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2014
dave
"Overall, very good..."
A clean room, a REALLY nice pool and Jacuzzi. Friendly staff, great parking. The only complaint of the whole experience is there is no complimentary buffet, which is so commonplace that I never even thought to ask if they had one. They don't. On top of this, you can't go down to the pay-as-you-go breakfast buffet and get a free morning cup of coffee. Even if you bring your own mug. We got charged $5 for two cups. They explained to us that the reason for this is that there are coffee makers in the room, but you would still have to go down to the restaurant for milk or cream. We found that a little sad. But we would stay again.
3 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Jim of New Rochelle, NY
"As good as it gets for a holiday inn"
The only reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is because it's exactly what you would expect from a holiday inn. It suited it's purpose and did so excellently. If it was a more luxurious establishment it would have been perfect. However, it's a holiday inn and I was pleased with it as a last minute decision.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2013
Piers Mathieson
It was a one-night stay while we were in VT visiting relatives. The room was of a good size, very clean, and nice and warm. There was a sitting area in our king room. The couch had a tear in the top of it making it appear ragged and worn. Otherwise, the room was very nice. The bathroom was good-sized and clean.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"Either too hot or too cold"
No heat in lobby and bar. Room heat would not automatically turn off.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
"Enjoyed my stay, with slight issues with my room"
The room was very nice and clean. The complaint that I have about this hotel is that the room I stayed in had no cold water for warm water mix... It was just boiling hot for both the bath tub and sink. I called the Front Desk twice but the phone just kept ringing and I did stop by three times but no one was there... There was at like 5:30/6:00am. Since I was trying to get ready for work, I ended up taking a shower in the Pool Area that had warm water... This is probably a one-off, because I read great reviews about the hotel which lead me to book it and I did speak to the front desk the night before and she was very friendly and helpful... They were probably just busy or doing something at the time... Aside from the water incident, I enjoyed my stay and the coolest part is that the bathroom floors were heated, so that might have contributed to everything being hot....
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
"Average at best"
WIFI doesn't work. Front desk staff was rude and complained because I had booked via hotels.com. Frankly I won't be going there again
3 night trip Oct 30, 2013