All hotels in Rutland, Vermont, United States of America
476 Holiday Drive, Rutland, VT, 05701, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Enjoyed my stay, with slight issues with my room"
The room was very nice and clean. The complaint that I have about this hotel is that the room I stayed in had no cold water for warm water mix... It was just boiling hot for both the bath tub and sink. I called the Front Desk twice but the phone just kept ringing and I did stop by three times but no one was there... There was at like 5:30/6:00am. Since I was trying to get ready for work, I ended up taking a shower in the Pool Area that had warm water... This is probably a one-off, because I read great reviews about the hotel which lead me to book it and I did speak to the front desk the night before and she was very friendly and helpful... They were probably just busy or doing something at the time... Aside from the water incident, I enjoyed my stay and the coolest part is that the bathroom floors were heated, so that might have contributed to everything being hot....
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
"Average at best"
WIFI doesn't work. Front desk staff was rude and complained because I had booked via hotels.com. Frankly I won't be going there again
3 night trip Oct 30, 2013
Melvin
"good location for viewing the changing leaves"
Hotel seems dated... Looks like they are starting to do some repair / upgrading work on it.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2013
RS
"nice hotel"
minus the ice machine and snack/soda machines removed from the second floor, and some stains on the hallway carpet, this is a nice place. Room was clean, bed was comfy, room service was fast and very good. I will definately stay here again. Staff was also nice.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2013
"Disappointing"
I have to say that every staff member was wonderful but our room and the hotel is in need of some TLC. Peeling wallpaper, carpeting coming up at the threshold, dirty bathroom including mold on the tile grout and spiderwebs in the corners. Dirty bathroom vent. The linens were clean. We were also put in a handicap room which is not a big deal but just contributed to the "last on the list" feeling as far as our Expedia deal. This was an unpublished rate room and I don't think I would choose that gamble again. I feel I paid much more than the room was worth.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Nice pool"
Being the gateway to southern vermont, the rutland Holiday Inn is a great place to stay when touring the state.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"I got a good night's rest"
A nice hotel
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"Upgrade needed"
Upgrade is a must at this perfectly located hotel. Very old resturant, lobby and facade.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Shabby"
This Holiday Inn is not up to par with standard Holiday Inns. Hallway carpets were shabby and buckled. The room itself was ok but not to the usual quality we expect from the Holiday Inn. Although we had not touched it, our microwave went off several times, once at 2 am.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Emily
"Fantastic!!"
Staff was fantastic and the facilities were great. Would book again
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Most Unpleasant"
Our room was by the laundry. It was very humid and very dirty. We asked for a different room. The staff was good about giving us a different room. It was better. We had picked this hotel because it had a swimming pool and two whirlpools. One of which was not working. The ceiling was falling down all over the floor. We opted not to use either the pool or the whirlpool. We will not be staying here again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Not as good as it looks."
The hotel looks good online and you'd think it would be good considering it is the Holiday Inn brand; however, this stay was disappointing to say the least. We should have camped. It would have been better than our stay at the hotel. We paid 200$ for 2 nights and it was not worth it! When we booked, we said we had an infant (and with an infant comes a stroller). There was NO elevator for us to bring the stroller up to our room. To top it off, the hotel manager told us to carry the stroller up/down the stairs. There were also renovations going on. The cost of the rooms should have been significantly decreased. The hotel is very poorly designed. There are 4 "wings" and you can't access them all from the lobby.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Veronica
"reasonable rates"
It was getting late and we had no hotel booked for the night. Most of the hotel in the area were listed as full. The Hotels.com agent, Richard, was extremely helpful & professional in helping us find a room. Great service from Hotels.com. Thanks.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
RJK
"Had an excellent stay!"
This isn't the fanciest hotel, but it was a nice place to stay while in Rutland. The place is clean and in excellent repair. There are nice exercise facilities. The breakfast buffet was very good. All in all, it was a very nice place to be. I had no complaints.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Jon
Our room was very dirty. We reported it to the front desk. The bathroom smelled like mold. Carpet felt musty.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
holly
"A Tour of Vermont - August 1 -4, 2013."
We stayed at the Rutland - Killington Holiday Inn on August 1 (Thursday) and August 3 (Saturday), 2013. The hotel is clean and the service fine. The restaurant is acceptable for breakfast.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Art
"Smelly Quarters"
The moment we walked into our room we were hit with a strong musty and moldy smell that I'm sure left with us, stuck in our clothing. Opening the door and turning on the fan for ventilation, did not cure the problem. It was unbearable and unfortunate. Last year we stayed at a different hotel in the mountains for less than half the price but decided to upgrade our accommodations this year. you can be sure that next year we will be going back to the old hotel. The room smelled better, they had free breakfast and the complimentary coffee the room was digestible.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Camper Mom
"Don't stay in this Hotel"
I never seen such terrible hotel in my whole life and would never recommend any body to stay in this hotel.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
DILEEP
"Tired"
This place needs many updates. Buffet breakfast is not worth the upcharge.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"What!!!??? You're out of hot water!!!???"
What are the 2 most important things in a hotel room? A comfortable place to sleep and a hot shower. Well, one out of two IS bad. I went to take a shower and the water was luke warm at the end of it. When I mentioned this to the staff upon check out, the lady at the counter said in a somewhat snotty manner, "Well, maybe that's because we had 300 people staying at the hotel last night." The hot water did not work because people showed up to the hotel? Ridiculous. Hot water systems are supposed to be designed to keep up with the maximum flow rate of the facility. She was not even slightly apologetic about it and acted as if I was silly for bringing it up!
2 night business trip Jul 12, 2013
"easy overnight"
great place for a overnight business trip, staff is great room clean and comfortable
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2013
GH
"Great hotel to relax!"
We stay in the Rutland area every June and will definitely stay here again. They've upgraded the hotel since the last time we stayed, and we weren't disappointed. The indoor pool was a comfortable 88 degrees and the two Jacuzzi's were 104 degrees. Definitely five thumbs up!
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"Nice time with family"
Fun time at the pool. Delicious breakfast. Good price for Memorial Day Weekend
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"Reasonable for the price"
The Rutland Holiday Inn is a fairly predictable budget friendly hotel. There always seems to one annoying problem each time we go there. This time, the hot water in the shower was lukewarm at best. Upon checking out, the clerk said that "we know about that and maintenance is looking into it. Sorry about that." So if you can put up with a minor glitch here and there, I would recommend staying here.
Other trip May 13, 2013
"Fine place."
A fine place for an overnight stay in Rutland. I stay here twice a year, and have been happy with the rooms and service every time.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
The hotel was convenient for an overnight stay. We asked for a non-smoking room and the room smelled like an ashtray. The employees were very friendly. Just for a one night stay it was a bit pricey. We arrived at the hotel around 9ish and we were out by check out time 11 am. Breakfast was good for buffet style. There was only 1 soda machine on the floor and that was malfunctioning. We had to go through the pool area to get to our room.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
"good hotel"
The hotel was nice and the room clean but the pool area had a damaged room and was left in poor shape. A tarp covered a broken ping pong table and plaster was left on the floor. It needed a lot more attention. Housekeeping staff was very nice but there was no card to indicate that we didn't need our sheets and towels changed daily. In an area that needs it's water to make snow, you wouldn't think they would waste it on unnecessary laundry.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
"Killington/Pico"
The hotel is a fairly convenient location to the Killington/Pico area (20 minutes or so away). There isn't much around from a food standpoint (Ponderosa, Denny's, Taco Bell and 99 Restaurants). The hotel breakfast was disappointing... everything is buffet, including the hot drinks. There was little to no presentation along with the scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, "vermont" potatoes, and pancakes- if you wanted bread/toast, they ran out on the Friday. The hot tubs were in good working condition; however, the belt on the treadmill needed waxed as I am still trying to get the burning rubber smell out of my gear.
3 night trip Mar 14, 2013
"$16 for a rollaway!"
Pool area is run down, the room was not as clean as I would have liked, people smoking in their rooms despite signing the non-smoking policy and they charge for a rollaway. But if you only have a certain weekend to be up there (we were skiing) and this place is available versus another equally unclean, run-down, but twice as expensive hotel, you may as well pick this one.
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
"Good for spending some days with the killington"
Fine for the basics. Nice room but too hot or cold in winter. Food breakfast. Bad housekeeping Nice indoor pool for kids.
Other trip Feb 28, 2013
Gabriel
"Horrid, old and not clean;("
Horrid, nice staff but filthy. Our bedding wasn't changed, the pool was gross (green & slimy ) and our room was noises (187 right next to hall doors that slammed half the night). Was planning on staying 2 nights, but barely made it through one. Expedia was great in refunding our second night, thank you. We switched to the Cortina and it was perfect, clean and great for families.
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
"a good alternative to staying at killington"
The hotel was fine and usual standard for holiday inn.
2 night trip Feb 19, 2013
"Convenience right off of Route 7"
Pros: on checking-in the room was very clean, the room was equipped with a plasma flat screen TV, a refrigerator and a microwave, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Cons: three of us share a room with just double beds, it was a tight squeeze for my husband and I in one of the double beds. The hallway and pool area needs renovation. The hall carpets were worn and stained, the pool was cloudy and the two hot tubs were not working, one was empty and the other one third full with stagnat water. We picked the hotel becuase we knew we wanted to soak in the hot tubs after a hard day of skiing. The hotel is located next to a shopping center and is about 17 miles from Killington. I liked the location because we were within a short drive of many restaurants and it was a little warmer than staying up on the mountain.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2013
ferry beach kayaker
"Very convenient, somewhat basic hotel"
Location is great, room was fine, having a fridge and microwave in the room is fantastic. Hot tub was also very nice, though I wished it was just a tad hotter. My only real complaint is the air conditioning/heat unit in the room. It is pretty loud, which would have been fine if there was a way to make it stay on - but on low, high, and auto it turned off and on, off and on. The room isn't very soundproof - noises are very easily heard from the hall except when the heat/air unit is on. So I didn't sleep well at all with either noises from the hall waking me, or the unit itself turning off and on. I don't consider myself to be a very light sleeper, but I definitely had problems here. Other than that the room was good, nice and clean, bed comfortable, etc.
3 night business trip Dec 10, 2012
Summer
I enjoyed my stay very much. I have three suggestions. Change the mattresses. They are very firm and not tolerated when someone has arthritis and change your pool to allow swimming in a deep end.
3 night trip with friends Dec 3, 2012
"Family hotel"
Convenient to many amenities. Easy access from major roads
Other trip Dec 1, 2012
"Tired building"
Friendly, helpful staff, but the hotel is beginning to show its' age - musty smell in rooms, old furnihings, fan in bathroom idn't work toilet flushed very slowly etc.
2 night trip Nov 23, 2012
"Unsatisfied"
I was unsatisfied with my stay. The heater was "working," and the max I cut set it on was 80 degrees, yet my room was freezing all night. Even the covers were not nearly enough for me to stay warm; I ended up sleeping in my hoodie and full clothing. Also, the hotel room's numbering system was incredibly complicated and I had difficulty finding my room.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2012
Justin
"Good for impromptu stays...."
First of all if I could give halves I would. This hotel is not a bad hotel in anyway, due to my own mistake I got put in a smoking section and that was a problem because of my brother who has athsma. I did go and ask the front desk if there was anything to be done but there were no extra rooms. They did offer to come and deionize the room and were very nice and understanding as well as apologetic for something that wasn't their fault. The only thing that I would say was a problem was our bath-shower which kept clogging up as well as their washer and dryer not working. Overall they were welcoming and understanding and I would stay again just in a non smoking section.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
Flora
The complimentary breakfast was a joke. Toast, juice, waffles, were extra. Extra for toast? You have to be kidding!
1 night trip Sep 3, 2012

"Nice clean hotel with good facilities."
Room as expected for a holiday in. Facilities at the hotel good. Breakfast was great. Food in the restaurant is good but service is terrible. Really slow and not very professional. We had to wait over half an hour just to get drinks - longer still for the food order. Upside is that there are lots of nice restaurants nearby - Stateside and 99 are two we would recommend. Overall, we would go back but just not eat dinner in the restaurant.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Nice, BUT NOT $212/Nite Nice"
The hotel staff from Front Desk to Cleaning Staff were very courteous. Large Room, Very hard(firm) King size mattress. View of a tree outside the window blocked the view of the picturesque hills. Black mold in grout of shower/tub surround. 1 Hot Tub 1/2 working, Cold Pool. Hallways/carpets an eyesore(Stains, end to end of hallway). Continental breakfast Very Good, KUTO's to kitchen. If I was paying $120 - $150 / nite I wouldn't really mind. But it's the last time I'll pay Average $212/nite for a stay like that. Over All NOT IMPRESSED!!!
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Barry

"Service impéccable, installations un peu désuètes"
Accueil et personnel impeccables. Lit confortable. Propreté de la chambre correcte. Climatisation quelque peu défaillante et bruits extérieurs dérangeants en soirée. La piscine était réservée par un groupe privée. Le déjeuner type buffet était bon.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Guy
"Never go back there!"
What a terrible hotel I've been.
2 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Yhl
KR
"Emplacement à proximité des centres de ski"
Hotel propre mais sans cachet, située à la sortie de l'autoroute au sud de Rutland. Chambre confortable. Environ immédiat typique des hôtels de proximité d'autoroutes. Bon choix pour un transit d'un soir mais sans plus.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2013