All hotels in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
Jolly Roger Drive, PO Box F43819, Freeport, Grand Bahama, Bahamas, ‏‎800-491-6126

5 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina

"A quiet and location"
08/27/15 Jacques A St Augustin de Desmaures, Canada
The room was nice and tidy. The only problem was the height of the bed, the mattress standind over 3 feet high, too much for small persons. Otherwise the personnel was OK. The breakfast was good but not extraordinary, but the choice was quiet large. The view on the bay was very nice. The site is much quieter than the orther hotels close by. Not many customers during our stay may explain part of the tranquility of the site.
"Last time share trip EVER"
08/10/15 Kathi B
This place is a disgrace. I can't believe how it stays in business. I guess it's the way it is in the Bahamas but I'm never coming here again. Bathrooms are old and dark. Mirrors are chipped. Sheets and towels are good, thankfully. The beach is nice with the thatched huts to stay out of the sun. We go listen to the presentation at noon. It will be interesting to see what it looks like since where we are staying is so awful.
"Nice hotel for the price"
07/28/15 Tank6300 Gulf Breeze, Florida
The Hotel is nice for the price point. Rooms are a little dated but did not spend a lot of time in it lol. It is part of the taino beach resort so you have access to the restaurant and beach. Staff was very polite as well. you also have to take a ferry from the hotel to Port Lacuya but be advised, it stops running at 11:00
"Amazing time!!"
07/22/15 clveera Maitland, Florida
We definitely had an amazing time while at the hotel and on the island! Our room was nice and it was nice to have the kitchenette. It was very nice to have the ferry for transportation, and the bonfire/dinner on the beach was nice. We were also able to have a couples massage right in our room, without having to leave or go somewhere else. More than anyone or anything, "Big Mama" (the wonderful lady who works in the lobby) made our trip so much fun. Every time we saw her or spoke with her, she had a big smile for us and she was a lot of fun to talk to. She also made all our arrangements for our travel and tours. For anything we needed, she absolutely went above & beyond to take care of us! That meant more than anything in our stay at Flamingo Bay!
"Loved it!"
07/15/15 Kzombiez Winter Haven, Florida
The staff at this hotel were very friendly didn't meet a staff member that wasn't. The rooms are more than you need along with the toaster, microwave, refrigerator, and complimentary coffee. From our room we had a beautiful view of the water. The beach was within walking distance and the pool was amazing. The pool belongs to the sister hotel across the street but this hotel has full access to it. The pool has a beautiful water slide and a bar in between. Alongside of the pool you could also play volleyball, ping pong and tennis. I would recommend this hotel and a great price.
"A place to sleep"
07/11/15 aggieguy93 Murphy, Texas
We spent the week at Taino Beach and wanted to spend the 4th of July on the Island, so we spent our last night at Flamingo Bay. The room was clean, and we still had the use of the facilities at Taino Beach. We will use these rooms again if we need to float a day or two from Taino.
"Sucha a great Stay!!"
07/03/15 Roberto Carlos B
Hi there, just spent a couple of days at the Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina, I've got to say, I loved it. I had a nice, clean room on the third floor, right next to the Ice maker machine, decorated with tropical flowers (Nice touch) room service on time, kind, friendly staff, really close to the ferri, to the pool and of course to the beach. I was greatly impressed by everything, after having read a couple of your reviews before getting there; things like rude staff, dirty old rooms, I even read something about gargage outside of your room doors those things amount few others got me really worried. I'm really happy to say that it was absolutetly the opposite. I truly recommend, If your planning to spend a couple of day in freeport Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina could be a great choice.
"FLAMINGO IS A BEAUTIFUL BIRD"
06/30/15 DERENCE R Nairobi, Kenya
I stayed at the Flamingo bay resort and was pleased with prices and the service. The room was spacious and clean. The view of the channel was breath taking. The breeze was delightful and the servicing of the rooms was on time and efficient. I have very little to say that was not so good save that the parking was across the street for my car rental. But, not a long walk, just a few feet to main entrance of hotel. There was no elevators but i needed the exercise up the stairs and I was on the second floor so no complaints. The staff a the front desk especially Ms Feaster was helpful and always gave a friendly smile. I would recommend it to all. The Bahamas was just as the slogan says.
"Beware the TimeShare Sales Pitch!"
06/30/15 momschmidt1957 Minnesota
An average room- not bad, was clean, and cheap. You do get the run of the resort just across the street, but- at check in there is a mandatory 'invitation' to schedule a presentation for the time share complex before they will even give you the keys to your room. There is a small kitchenette in room with coffee provided. The 'Sunset' (or Booze) Cruise on Wednesday was well worth the price- good appetizers and the free-flowing punch really had a kick to it, although the boat spent most of the time in the canals rather than on the ocean.
"Don't have high expectations"
06/30/15 chrissyclark77 Lebanon, Ohio, USA
For the money this place is ok. The location is nice. The beach and pool that are across the street are great (they belong to the "sister hotel" but you get access to them). The restaurant across the street is a little pricey but good food. This is the ONLY thing close by. There is a ferry that can take you to the marketplace for $6pp. Boats come in/out of the marina all day and night with extremely loud music so you might be better off choosing the street view. There are no safes in the rooms and we did have some money taken from our room. Some of the staff were great (Delrose was very helpful with the money situation. Chantell was extremely rude). Also everything is on "Bahama time" so when they tell you "a few minutes" expect at least 30-40. If you call a cab tell them to get there half hour before you need them there.