All hotels in Dover, New Hampshire, United States of America
21 Members Way, Dover, NH, 03820, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Response by Homewood Suites Dover
Thank you for giving us a 5 star rating, we certainly appreciate it!
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Cathy
Response by Homewood Suites Dover
Thank you for giving us a 5 star rating, we certainly appreciate it!
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2013
Response by Homewood Suites Dover
Thank you for giving us a 4 star rating, we certainly appreciate it!
Other trip Sep 5, 2012

3 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2015
Norbert
Response by Homewood Suites Dover
Thank you for the 4 star review! We hope to be your choice next time you are in the Seacoast of NH Area.
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2013

Response by Homewood Suites Dover
Thank you for giving us a 4 star rating, we certainly appreciate it!
Family trip Aug 13, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover

"Good, roomy place to stay"
08/02/15 docbruce Massachusetts
Homewood Suites has large rooms with full kitchens, great for a large family that plans to cook their own meals. Breakfast is provided, and the staff ensures that there is freshly cooked hot food for everyone. From other reviews, I had concern about the staff, but everyone we interacted with was great. The bed was comfortable. Nonsmoking rooms available. Quiet location off of Rt. 16, across a parking lot from Margaritas Mexican restaurant. The only downside is that it has been a while since the hotel had a facelift: our room smelled dusty & stale, and the shower surround was a little moldy. Fortunately, the windows open a few inches, and there is good AC. I would have rated higher if it had been fresh & clean. WiFi free for Hilton Honors members.
"A comfortable stay"
07/31/15 Roxham New Brunswick
We spent one night at the Homewood Suites in Dover on a recent family vacation. The hotel is easy to find and we had a comfortable stay in an one bedroom suite. This was our second stay at this location. The staff were really helpful and friendly, providing directions and a map for nearby downtown Portsmouth. They also helped us avoid a major highway construction zone and pointed out downtown parking options (greatly appreciated). My only negative observation is that the facility does seem to be getting a bit tired (carpets and rooms), and may be due for an upgrade. Staff were also telling us that they recently downgraded their weekday evening receptions (Monday to Thursday), which used to be fairly extensive in terms of offering a full meal option. The breakfast also seemed somewhat more limited (and of lessor quality) than what we have experienced at Homewood Suites in the past, and there appeared to be no staff present to clean the tables during peak breakfast hours. Not sure if Hilton is revisting the overall Homewood Suites brand and positioning, but perhaps the chain may be shifting focus from extended stays to short-term, nighty stays (a much different market and clientel).
"One Night Stay"
07/26/15 Ellesor826 Goshen, New York
Call me picky but this place could really do with a good cleaning of the carpets! I notice things like that, when a hotel looks a tad worn. That was the first and overall impression I (we) had of this property. The elevators clunked, and we could hear convos on them down the hallway approaching the elevator banks. The carpets in the hallways are old and in need of replacement, there are stains of all sorts on them. These things are noticeable to anyone but perhaps especially to a seasoned traveler and Hilton Gold member. Now, the rooms themselves are fine with all the expected amenities one expects to find at a Homewood. The front desk staff is simply delightful and quite efficient at their jobs. Having said that, the breakfast staff appeared to be overwhelmed! Granted, it was a weekend during vacation time and it was overflowing with people. The coffee kept running out, the food too! I do think they should hire a least one more person to help our the overburdened breakfast crew, especially during "season". Would we stay here again, probably. But please, do something about those hallway carpets, they are nasty!
"Best Hotel Chain By Far!"
07/26/15 Lorrie W hudson, nh
Large, clean rooms. Pool was awesome. Staff was very friendly especially morning breakfast server. Night food server delivered my daughter her soup when she couldn't reach in to get it herself. Lobby was inviting, parking area was safe and clean. Housekeeping was prompt and courteous. No complaints really to detract from returning. Would definitely recommend!
"Does not measure up to Hilton standard"
07/24/15 Carl L San Antonio, United States
Dirty linens, room smell, and upon notification to front desk, received attitude issues. Never remedied issues. Hilton Corp should look into these concerns as this is very unexpected for this company.
"Comfortable & Clean!"
07/23/15 Dianne M Newtown, United States
Staff was very nice and breakfast was delicious! Visitors were upscale too. Rooms clean & suite was nice and comfortable! Shower was big. Pool was nice. Margaritas restaurant was within walking distance and location to town was perfect! Would definitely room here again!
07/23/15 Lucille J Saint Louis, Missouri
I stayed here for 10 days while visiting family. Had a very pleasant experience. Suites are nice, clean, quiet and very comfortable. The food was not outstanding but good. Pool area was nice and housekeeping staff very friendly and accommodating of my needs. I would definitely stay here again.
"Staffing and systems failures"
07/16/15 ASC33 Portland, Maine
Stayed one night- Hotel itself was fine- nothing great but they have some management issues for sure. The night I checked in I was standing in the lobby alone for a good solid 8 minutes with no sign of anyone that worked there. There was no note- no phone to pick up- no indication of any potential help coming my way. I called out- I walked around- Nothing. It was about 11 p.m. not too late. Finally someone comes out from the back and explains he has been back there working this whole time- doesn't seem to care that I have been waiting at all. When I say - Maybe you should have a bell cause my calling out didn't get your attention. He says - oh I had a bell but people rang it so I got rid of it.....Nice... Your guests were bothering you huh? Rest of the one night stay is fine- like I said its a 3 star hotel- was fine. I check out. A month later I am charged by this hotel for a second time. I paid in full the night I stayed and they ran the whole amount on my card again a month later. Why they would think that was acceptable to do- I have no idea. So I call them First Call- it rings and rings and rings and someone picks it up- and hangs it right back up. It must have been as annoying as that bell was. I call back. Get a woman who is out of her league. Wants to explain all sorts of things to me that have no relevance whatsoever and finally I just say- Please have your manager call. I give her the date I stayed- the date of the first charge - the date of the second charge the dollar amount everything. I gave her this info about 3 times. The Manager- Larry - calls me doesn't seem to have any of this information. I give it to him again. Ok he will call me back when he has a break from his other work to look into it.- Thanks for the sense of urgency Larry He calls me back- He can not find the second charge anywhere. I suggest to him he go through his credit card batches for the last few days and look for that dollar amount. OH he says ok I'LL DO THAT. So what the heck had he been doing? I have to tell you this stuff? Awesome. He calls me back. "Uh I don't know what happened I have to call district manager I will get back to you." 24 hours later no response- no update- no credit. I try to call and the line is busy- I try another number and the phone says the Voicemail box for this number has not been set up yet- good bye. I guess voicemail is as annoying as phones and bells. One last time I go back to the other number and its busy. So yeah- This place has some serious issues-
"Beach Stay"
07/16/15 Sherri R Tiverton, United States
We selected this hotel because it was central to the beach area that we were traveling. We were greeted by Charles who was very accommodating and hospitable. The hotel is very clean & well kept. They served a lovely breakfast. We will definitely stay again!!
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS"
07/15/15 April L Wakefield, United Kingdom
My husband and I knew that check-in was at 3pm, but since we were attending a wedding in which the bus left the hotel at 3:30pm and I am pregnant, we figured that we could perhaps check in slightly early to freshen up as I used digital check-in and I am a Hilton Member. My husband and I were told it would be a 15-20 minute wait before our room was ready as they were still cleaning the 2nd floor. We waited OVER TWO HOURS and all the time, the woman at the desk kept telling us she had no one to go up and check to see if the room was actually ready. 3pm came and our room was STILL not ready. We had to go and get ready quickly in a friends room. When we came downstairs at 3:30pm, our room was STILL not ready. This property management is completely unacceptable. I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone having a wedding in the area, and I seriously doubt the integrity of all the Hilton brand hotels now. We were offered no compensation and no apology. My husband did not appreciate the women handling the front desk making faces and then walking away form the desk when he approached so not to interact with us. It's a shame they have such an unfit receptionist greeting desks. I understand the hotel was busy, but it should have been prepared for the business.