All hotels in Lahaina, Hawaii, United States of America
138 Awaiku Street, Lahaina, HI, 96761, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"Amazing Views!"
We stayed here on our honeymoon and it was amazing!
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"1 Night in Hana"
The hotel is on a great property with terrific views and shared amenities, but the rooms leave something to be disered. Beds were not that comfortable and with no AC, the rooms can get warm if there's no wind (you also lose privacy relying on open windows to cool the rooms).
3 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
"Glad we picked Ho'oilo House"
This place was tranquil and awesome. The owners are available for everything you need but invisible if you don't need them. The room was comfortable and the outdoor shower was great.
3 night romance trip Dec 8, 2014
Seth
"Will stay again"
LOVED this place and the owners
4 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
This place has a view to kill for! Perfect for a sundown-drink at the pool. The rooms are nice, clean and spacious and the outdoor shower is really nice after a sunny Maui-day. Breakfast is buffet-style and ok: Dairy, granola, juice, coffee and tea. Nothing special, though. Lahaina is very touristic, though. Nothing you haven't seen before, but a little drive up north are some very nice beaches.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Amazing B&B!"
This was a beautiful B&B. My fiance and I started our honeymoon off here before heading to the Hyatt Regency. It is a great change of pace from the larger hotels. The Ho'oilo house is in a remote location overlooking the ocean. The owners Dan and Amy are very accommodating. I highly recommend staying here on your next visit to Maui!
3 night romance trip Jun 19, 2014
"Perfect!"
What an amazing stay! We loved staying at the Ho'olio House. Relaxing and beautiful! If you are looking for a home away from home, we definitely recommend staying here.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
ali
"Superb Romantic Retreat"
I miss it already! The Ho'oilo House is as romantic and peaceful a place one could hope for on a honeymoon or other couples vacation. The decorations and stylings of the rooms, pool and grounds were aesthetically superior to any hotel and it was very private. We loved the outdoor shower and the views of the ocean every morning. Our hosts were helpful and provided us with lots of good tips and advice to maximize our trip, and they allowed us to borrow beach toys, guide books and other handy items for fun during our stay. We loved it and can't wait to return!
8 night romance trip Oct 25, 2013
Lauren
"AMAZING!!!!!"
Nalu room has a perfect view from the bedroom especially the shower place
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
Great view of ocean from afar (hilltop view); Quiet, residential neighborhood; Beautiful house; Great hosts; Small Bed & Breakfast feel / less 'anonymous' feel than a large hotel; Yummy organic breakfast choices; Small to med sized pool that is not heated; Bali-esque feel with outdoor showers, but with that comes the random giant bugs that come with outdoor accessible places.
5 night romance trip Dec 7, 2013
"Nice hotel hard to find"
Good need better Internet TV connection and lighting but good overall.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
marc
"Great!!! Nice View!! Great Room!!"
This is one of the best hotels I have been. It has a great scenic view and great room. The host was very kind and made me borrow some beach stuff. I want to go back to this hotel in the near future.
Other trip Dec 28, 2012
"Nice view, good location, very quiet"
We stayed here for our honeymoon. We really enjoyed the ocean view and sunset everyday from the private patio (although anybody can walk into your patio). Everything was clean. Great customer service. Breakfast was very good also. The bathroom had no door, so I could see my husband using toilet from lying on the bed... (I had to ask him to leave when I had to use it). I guess some rooms have doors, so you might wanna pick one of those rooms if you are not comfortable using bathrooms in front of somebody. Shower was outside, so when I wanted to take a shower at night, it was dark, super windy, and cold. It looks very nice, though. We had the romantic package which I highly recommend. Glenn, the chef, was very friendly and professional. The food was excellent!! Expensive but it's worth it!!
Other trip Dec 16, 2012
Wonderful hosts with the most spectacular view of the ocean from your private porch!
7 night trip Nov 18, 2012
CRA

"don't hesitate and book now!"
Awesome B&B, in a quiet neighborhood (yet close to Lahaina), despite the construction near by... Dan (one of the owners) is very friendly, always willing to help and to provide advice. The view from the pool is unique and should be taken advantage of both in the morning and at sunset. Breakfast is superb (unless you expect your daily beacon!). I would recommend this place for those travelling without kids!
6 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Jean pascal
"Great b'n'b close to Lahaina"
Loved the outdoor shower and the tranquil gardens. Highly recommended.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014

"Wunderschöne Ruheoase"
Wir verbrachten hier wunderschöne und erholsame Tage. Die Zimmer sind sehr liebevoll eingerichtet, unser Badezimmer hatte sogar eine Aussendusche. Zum Frühstück gab es frischgebackenes Brot und frischen Obstsalat. Wer das Meer nicht in absoluter Nähe haben muss und ein Auto zur Verfügung hat, macht hier garantiert nichts falsch. Eine absolute Empfehlung von mir!
3 night trip Aug 13, 2014
DE
"Schönes Hotel mit traumhafter Aussicht"
Privatsphäre. Tolle Aussicht. Sagenhaftes Frühstück. Wunderschöne und gepflegte Anlage. Sehr persönlicher und familiärer Service. Hotel mit Awards für Nachhaltigkeit. Besonders für HoneyMooners empfehlenswert. Lage Top für Inselerkundungstouren. Viel besser als an einem von den "Hotelstränden". Mietwagen unbedingt nötig.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Alex
"Absolutes Muss in Maui"
Wir haben 1 Woche im Ho'oilo House verbracht in unseren Flitterwochen. Es hätte keine bessere Unterkunft geben können. Man fühlt sich so privat und wie zu Hause. Ich bin schon viel gereist, aber etwas dergleichen noch NIE gesehen!! Absolut der Wahnsinn. Das Frühstück war inbegriffen und es gab jeden Tag frischen Fruchsalat und Toast. Die Zimmer sind unglaublich, die Aussendusche zum Schwärmen. Die Unterkunft ist ca. 5Min von Lahaina entfernt und somit an einer super Lage. Wer es unabhängig mag und nicht auf grosse Hotelketten steht, ist hier genau richtig.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
FI

TripAdvisor reviews for Ho'oilo House

"Unmatched Relaxation"
09/02/15 islabery New York, NY
We spent a few romantic nights at this luxurious, peaceful and architecturally fabulous B&B. The grand indoor/outdoor living space just takes your breath away and at every turn you are reminded of the beauty of nature and the power of the ocean views. The home itself has a very Polynesian feel - with many open spaces for the wonderfully scented Maui air to filter through. I don't think we saw other guests aside from briefly in the morning for breakfast - it felt more like we had the whole place to ourselves. Even lounging by the pool was delightful - we were the only ones there! What a joy! We stayed in the Honu room - a fabulous grand bed with a spacious bathroom (with a wonderful soaking tub and a huge and incredible outdoor shower) awaited us. There were several small details that the hosts catered to that really made our stay here stand out (I won't spoil all the surprises!). We loved it here and would highly recommend.
"Honeymoon luxury"
07/27/15 Erika W
We absolutely loved the Ho'oilo House. The bed was incredible, and the outdoor shower was so indulgent. We fell in love with the unique charm and gorgeous grounds. The breakfast was perfection. If you want a relaxing getaway instead of the mega-resort feel, this is the place to go. If we could, we would have stayed at Ho'oilo forever.
"A Very Pleasant Stay"
06/26/15 Robin D
I stayed at Ho'oilo House for a week in April 2015 and I had a very pleasant stay and I couldn't recommend this B&B more. I was looking for a nice quiet place away from the crowds to stay in Maui and Ho'oilo House did not disappoint. I stayed in the Nalu room which had a fantastic view of the ocean from a private lanai. It was a very quiet place to get away from the hustle and bustle and just rest and relax. Thanks Dan & Amy.
"Very highly recommended"
06/23/15 R P Bath, United Kingdom
Beautiful position, lovely Balinese-inspired house (so surprising...), generally exquisite refuge from the hustle and bustle of Lahaina. If you want the Hawaiian Condo experience look elsewhere, but if you want a soigne and relaxing stay go for it like a flash. This was a real treat.
"Good stay, ok value"
06/01/15 Denise S
Good experience overall, nice owners, and some hopefully constructive criticism to offer based on other places we stayed in Hawaii. Of the 3 places we booked in Hawaii (1 in Maui, 2 on the Big Island), I thought this would be the best, most awesome place because it was the most expensive (by about $100 per night), but turned out it was my least favourite out of the three (it was still good, just my least favourite) . I can understand the higher rates in Maui than the Big Island due to the location and views, but not sure if it warranted the amount we paid (would of valued it personally about $50 less a night than we paid). Views were truly spectacular and the house as a whole visually stunning. One thing that kind of put off the fantasy of it all was having the office right next to the common area. This is probably the source of other reviewers thinking the owners were 'unfriendly' or 'intrusive'. During breakfast, we liked to retreat to our little private patio (to watch the cute little geckos and their mating rituals) and I wished that there were trays available to be able to carry our breakfast to the patio. Turned out there were trays available, but we only found out about this after our second breakfast. A little booklet in our room with this kind of information would of been useful (it's the first thing I read when I arrive in a room). The bed was super comfortable with some very nice soft sheets. The outdoor shower was cool, but could do with a couple more stepping areas as it wasn't always comfortable to step on the rocks while going inside (and they stick to the feet), so would always end up overextending my step to reach the inside with one step (probably not the most safe way to enter).
"Very Special Place"
05/20/15 KathyDonTrishPhil Cary NC
If you are into glitz and glamour and crowded, then this isn't your place--however if you like stylish, comfortable and secluded sign up quick as their 6 rooms stay constantly booked. We've stayed on two different occasions 4 years apart and it was as good as ever. Great rooms, great views, great breakfast, and owners that bend over backwards to please you--What more can you ask for!!
"Another Wonderful Stay"
05/05/15 julie-bugg Nashville, Tennessee
This is was our second time to stay at the Ho'oilo House and I can't recommend it highly enough. The outdoor shower is my favorite part of this beautiful property - it just doesn't get any better than showering while looking at lush greenery and the backdrop of the jagged Maui mountainside. The grounds are very lovingly tended and are a feast for the eyes with flowers and tropical plants everywhere. Our room, the Wailele, was gorgeous and comfortable with it's private lanai. The hosts, Dan and Amy, make sure you have everything you need for a great vacation and go out of their way to assist you. I know I will return here again and again! Mahalo Dan and Amy :-)
"Stunning"
04/28/15 Sodriscoll27
Came here with my fiancée in February 2015 and we weren't dissapointed in the least. It was our first trip to Hawaii and since staying at ho'olio house we've now made it a pact to come each year. We were first greated by Dan upon arrival and he was very welcoming and genuine. We travel every couple of months and this is on our top three for sure. Ho'olio house exceeded our expectations and it's unique Bali touches are what really sets it off (if the view and surroundings aren't already enough) you can hear the whales singing from the front. If youre looking for a relaxing, beautiful vacation that's not cookie cutter, then this is your place. Can't wait to return, Thanks again for everything, Dan. Sheldon & Jill Food notes: don't miss star noodle for lunch and mamas fish house for supper
"True relaxation....."
04/27/15 CopperWhaleRider Anchorage, Alaska
We enjoyed our visit so much. The property is beautiful, incredibly well-kept and appointed, with spectacular views. The accommodations are oh-so comfortable, and our suite had lots of space to stretch and and relax. The common area looks out over the West Maui coast and the channel toward Lanai, and that view was such a wonderful way to begin each day over the delicious breakfast spread. A good beach is just five minutes away, and Lahaina is just 10 minutes away. The owners are such gracious hosts. Thank you so much for a delightful week!
"Unforgettable experience!"
04/01/15 Pryncesse Westminster, Colorado
Ho'oilo House is located one mile above the beach in a quiet, upscale neighborhood with a breathtaking view of the ocean and the island of Lanai down below. Watching the whales breach at sunset while standing on the beautifully landscaped lawn with a good glass of wine and new friends is an experience that will last a lifetime. It is difficult to put the structural beauty and the unique furnishings of Ho'oilo House into words. The thought and love of beauty that has gone into designing and maintaining this gracious property is just beyond description! Rooms are comfortable and unique - large, soaking tubs and the outdoor showers help you relax after an active day enjoying Maui, and you wake up in the morning to a delicious continental breakfast with home baked breads and muffins and farm fresh eggs! Dan and Amy are gracious and friendly hosts who make you feel comfortable, give great advice on Maui activities, and know how to help you make the most of your time there. The perfect couples retreat!