All hotels in Kingwood, West Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here112 W. Main Street, Kingwood, WV, 26537-1108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Tired and Worn"
This is a restaurant with a hotel attached almost as an afterthought...all rooms are on the second (maybe higher). It's not a bad place to stay if you have to. The room we stayed in was worn. It had quaint furniture...almost antiques...and then a wine refrigerator inexpicably was stationed on the nightstand beside the bed (leveled out with a piece of 1x4...classy!). The sliding glass doors on the tub/shower would not close; missing/loosened laminate on the sink repaired with packing tape; neither the digital clock nor the cable remote worked. With that said, the room and bathroom were clean. Skip the "continental breakfast" (cold cereal, instant oatmeal packets, packaged Danish) and hit the coffee shop and small family restaurant on Price Street. The place was empty when we arrived and ran into the housekeeper who led me to the manager to check in...not sure I would've been able to find him on my own. The manager was uber-friendly and gave us a larger room on his own. Depending on your state of mind, this inn could be considered quirky (if you have low expectations) or a disaster (if you require crisp and new).
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
"Bad example of a B and B!"
I arrived in the evening to a horrible parking area full of ruts and holes. I went in a door and had no idea where to go, so I had to just walk around. When I finally found my key at the front desk I went to my room. The walls were paper thin and people were talking loudly. I could hear a phone conversation in the next room, including the person on the phone! The carpet was filthy and had bugs crawling on it. When I pulled back the covers to the bed the blanket was stained and the sheets were gross with spots of black and stains. It was a horrible experience. I love B and Bs and this one was disgusting!
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Rae
"Last room available with 20 miles of WVU football."
Cat on the roof was odd as we pulled in. Low battery on smoke alarm beeped all night. No bugs, but carpets were dirty. Direct TV had no signal during stay. I would not recommend this B&B, unless it is the last room available for a one night stay after a WVU football game.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Nice town."
Kingwood is a lovely town. The location of Preston County Inn is beautiful. The hotel itself not so much. They used a lot of duct tape, curtains hanging part up, part down, cobwebs everywhere. Was not really clean. Now with the price of $79 per night, it was cheaper than closer to Morgantown, We would not return to this hotel
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Awful!!!"
The inn was very dirty, had a lot of mold in the bathrooms and the ceiling fans had an inch of dirt on them. Slept on the bed, not in the bed, because it did not look clean. There were cats, which I hate, in the inn and on the front porch. We were greeted at our door by a cat one morning. Breakfast was served in a very dirty kitchenette at the end of the hall. Did not eat. If you have an aversion to dirt, mold, rust, and cats do not book the inn. Hated it.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Barb eckman
"Getting Some R & R"
The Preston County Inn is a quaint Inn located in a small town The new owner is in the process of remodeling the Inn a little at a time. More importantly, the owner is making the Inn part of the community. They are having more and more community events on the Inn's property. We got a good night's sleep. It was very quiet. The rooms are decorated with wallpaper, furnishings, bedding and curtains during the period of the early 1900's. The other rooms of the Inn are filled with beautiful antiques, pictures and memobilia. It will take a lot of work and time to bring the Inn up to the standard the owners wants it to be. We would stay there again. There is a new deck where you can sit outside and enjoy your dinner or a drink. The front porch has rocking chairs where you can sit and enjoy the view.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Becky
"nice historical hotel-very nice outside"
friendly people- beautiful resterant-good food-nice in town location
Other trip May 27, 2014
reta
"Just what we needed"
We needed a place to stay relatively close to the football game we were going to. We found it in a nearby town. It is an older hotel, but has charm and character. Don't expect a great deal and you will be pleased. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It suited us just fine and we were happy we stayed there.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Joan
"Poor customer service"
I had to cancel my reservation, and every time I tried to call there was no answer so I was charged the full fee since I did not cancel in time. To this day they never did call back.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Paul S
"Happy Honeymooning!"
My husband and I stayed at The Preston County Inn for the first part of our honeymoon. We loved it! The continental breakfast made it easy for us to wake at our leisure. The staff were very easy-going and went above and beyond what we would have expected. Our stay there was extremely enjoyable. Access to restaurants, a hospital, and many historical sites are only a few of the benefits of The Preston County Inn.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2013
Stephanie M.
"not far from Deep Creek"
Had a nice time, loved the antiquity and coziness of the place, town was shut down on Sunday but came to life nbext morning.. very quaint and nice..
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
Willy
we did not stay the room was dirty would not recommend this to anyone
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Nice old home, but felt like it was run by ghosts!"
Very disappointed there was no breakfast available, no one tending the bar and the entire time we were there we saw "staff" at the desk once. There was no opportunity to report a soaking wet carpet in our room due to a leak in the A/C until we checked out, to ask for more soap or an additional towel. When we checked in there was no one there-our keys were left on the desk with our name and this was 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, no one to orient us to hours of access to anything. The home itself is gorgeous, in need of some repair as any historic place would be. Room was spacious with 2 bathrooms, great water pressure, quiet, large TV, mini fridg, (no microwave) and A/C.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Not happy!"
We were extremely disappointed in our accomodations.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Check-in was great.... I had always want to stay at the Inn since I was a kid. I grew up in Kingwood and wouls pass by The Inn all the time. The resturant has always served dood food!!!
2 night trip Jan 19, 2013
"A little tired"
Attractive, if a little worn, inn. Everything was adequate - nothing great, nothing terrible. It's a full hour of winding roads outside Morgantown
Other trip Oct 22, 2012
"Good Food, outdated roomes need maintenance"
Nice people, but rooms are in disrepair
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2012
"out of the way"
It's a great old hotel. Needs some upkeep (carpets). The winding road to get there took about 45 minutes to go 17 miles. Town was closed down when we arrived about 8 pm. We had to leave at 7 am. There was no coffee or breakfast available at the hotel.
Business trip Sep 19, 2012
Elaine
"Preston County Inn Disappointing"
The rooms are very small. The bed was not comfortable. No one had clean the windowsill in a very long time. Room was ok for a night. The Inn could be a very nice place to stay it just needs some TLC. There is a long porch upstairs that you can sit on.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
"History in need of repair"
This could be a very quaint place. At a minimum the room section of the hotel needs new carpet and paint. At most, a complete renovations is in order. I assume the money isn't there to do it. Sad, you could tell this place once had many guests and a lot of charm.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
"too far from appointments"
The Innkeeper was very nice and seemed knowledgeable of the area/surrounding neighborhood. He seemed concerned when we told him that the biggest problem we experienced during our stay was when the power went off twice in our room as we were getting ready in the morning. He said that he will check it out. The room's wallpaper need updating. Some areas of the walls as well as the desk/chair were dusty. The towels they provided us were tattered (had a hole, looked like they've been used, some had black spots-probably need bleaching, my wife found different kinds of hair on one of the towels). There is no phone in the room to reach the desk to complain about the towels or to have them replaced, besides we checked in late-around 10 pm, almost 11 p.m. There was a storm that night and we did not know the area. But the innkeeper was nice to stay up to welcome us.
Business trip Aug 1, 2012
R & D

"Charming"
Great little place full of character and charm. If your in the area then this is the place to stay. Its a little old and certinly not one of your sterile chain hotels. The host look after you like your a family guest. Will definately stay here again if I get a chance for a return visit.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2014

"oud gezellig hotel"
Leek een oud sfeervol hotel,wel wat duur voor de prijs
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
fred
NL
"Kunne være et hyggeligt sted"
Stedet var meget hyggeligt, men standarden af vedligeholdelse meget mangelfuld. Vi mødte ingen personale, nøglen lå fremme og alt var høflig selvbetjening. Omgivelserne var gode og det kunne blive et godt sted med en mere kærlig hånd. Vi fik endog et bedre værelse end vi havde bestilt, og det var ok.
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2013
1 night trip Oct 19, 2012
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Annette

TripAdvisor reviews for Preston County Inn Bed and Breakfast

"Decided to check it out, glad we did"
04/15/15 Howard B Clarksburg, West Virginia
We were in Preston County and the Inn was a pretty hard place to miss. We thought we could try it out and I'm glad we did. It's locally owned and the owners work there too. The rooms were clean and in good condition. They are working on improvements but are constricted with the historical value of the building. We would stay again.
"Warm and welcoming with historic charm"
03/23/15 Casey M Salisbury, North Carolina
I stayed at the Preston County Inn B&B for four nights while I was traveling for business. The building has a traditional charm and I found it warm and welcoming. I would recommend them to my friends or family who would enjoy the historic surroundings of the hotel and town.
"Accommodating"
02/27/15 Kelly S Huntington, West Virginia
I stay at The Preston County Inn every year. The staff there are all very friendly and helpful with any accommodation they can provide. The atmosphere is very warm and I am always very satisfied when I stay.
"Beautiful, laid back and comfortable, but not for anyone high-maintenance."
10/26/14 countrypunkin
My husband and I drove through the area on our way home from our first anniversary trip, and to add to the adventure, we didn't plan where we were staying ahead of time. We just picked a place in a town on our route once we were within 45 minutes of it. We picked this lovely inn out of the blue, and we're very happy we did. The owners were congenial, though the gentleman was quiet natured he was very polite and easygoing, although my husband ended up getting him into a long conversation about motorcycles. The rooms were very small, but no smaller than a Microtel room and still very comfortable. Bonus- even though it's considered a "bed and breakfast", it's more of a motel and each room has a private bathroom. That was nice! You can sneak out of your window onto the verandah (if you're on the even side of the hall). We loved the romance of it. There's couches and chairs and tables set out to relax on, read a book, snack on some free breakfast in the morning. I've seen some people on here complain about the rooms, carpet, towels, etc, being dirty, but I work in surgery- I know when something is dirty, and when it's just old and stained. The wallpaper IS yellowed in many areas, the furniture worn and the carpets aren't pristine white, but that's because this inn is over a century old. If people want brand new everything, they should be at an expensive chain hotel. As for the prices, they were CHEAP. Much cheaper than the other places we stayed on this trip, and we're very frugal. The dinner wasn't priced as low as I would've liked, but when we received it I understood why. My husband got the Wisconsin burger and I got the beef burgundy. My mouth is still watering from it. We both agreed the food here was better than the Cheesecake Factory we'd had the night before, and it was still cheaper. My "beef" actually ended up being steak tips, and my husband's burger too was steak made into a patty, rather than regular hamburger. And even though the salad bar didn't come with my husbands meal, the owner waved his hand at it and said he didn't care if my husband grabbed some salad with me. The antiques and other decorations around the inn were beautiful and interesting, and we will DEFINITELY be returning, most likely with friends.
"Mixed, but it worked for me and my dog"
07/18/14 LanceAF Evanston, Illinois
While searching for a place in Morgantown, WV (for my dog and me), this Inn popped up. Although the reviews on other sites were mixed, I decided to give it a try... What I found was a place of contrast.. (NOTE: I liked the place, and even added a night to my stay)... On one hand, the owner is quiet, few smiles --- yet, he greeted my dog and his daughter was quite nice. Also, I had called the inn directly -- bypassing the online reservation, and without asking, the owner (Jean) upgraded me to bigger room (#17) and waived the pet fee!.. (Partially, because it was midweek? Or, because calling direct, saved the Inn money?).. Overall, I think the owners are thoughtful... The driveway is full of potholes; but, there is good parking... The hallway is narrow and dated; but, I have a dog, so I'm not looking for pristine.. Bathrooms are tight, but the water pressure is outstanding... Air conditioner loud, but worked fine (and we slept fine).. Wi-fi OK (depending where it is used)... Breakfast is nothing special, but adequate.. Plus, there are newspapers and brochures to read... It's an old place, so there are ups and downs -- but, it worked for us...PRO: The location is good.. Day trips to Morgantown, Coopers Rock, and around the back roads of WV.. Dinner at the Inn was very good (Salad Bar and Lasagna) -- Ate on bench out front with my dog... Plenty of Leftovers, using fridge and microwave.. Across the street is a convenience store, near a laudromat.. Huge front lawn.. They had a movie night on the lawn one night.. CON: rooms on 2nd floor, so I had to carry my 14 yr old dog up and down.. I would go back.... For more info or photos of the West Virginia area, feel free to contact me...
"Drive Away!! Fast!!"
07/11/14 tntnbeccatravels Orlando, Florida
I'm totally appalled that ANYONE would give this place a positivie review, but I will be honest. I checked in earlier this week with my daughter. My husband made the reservation while I was travelling home, and totally exhausted. Had I been able to drive further, I would NEVER had stayed here, and will never grace the doors again. The entrance from the parking area was in the back of the building by a service entrance by the kitchen, was dirty, smelled like sewer, and had a flower pot full of cigarette butts. (my dread mounted horribly) When I got to the front desk to check in, I was greeted by a very young girl, maybe 12 years old. There was NO adult anywhere to be seen. Very unprofessional. Didn't bother to take any form of ID, even after offering, and said we could take care of everything tomorrow. On the plus side, the downstairs had pretty wooden flooring, and a large area of tables for "parties" and a nice small quaint bar area, but thats the only good thing I could say for this place. Our room was downright scary. The bulky floor unit AC had a large flexible tube vented outside the window, with clear packing tape. (tacky), The other window in the room had a broken screen and a crank device that didn't work, so I couldn't close the window to keep insects out. The furniture was very old, broken, and outdated. The bedding was in very poor condition. The carpet was dirty and stained, the towels were stained, and the mat in the tub was gross. I made my daughter wear her shoes everywhere, even in the shower, I used my own towels and wash cloths, and we slept on TOP of the beds. The beds were broken down in the middle, and the dresser drawers were lined with newspaper!! The next morning I killed several bugs in the bathroom that were long, thin, and had pinchers. yikes!!! There was however, a small fridge stocked with bottled water and diet coke. Surprisingly the tv DID work and they had cable. Mind you, I have travelled the world, and had I not been soooo exhausted, and been on the road for 16 hours, I would never have stayed here, especially with the kiddo. My daughter was scared all night, and didn't sleep a wink. Needless to say, I was even more tired the next morning and sorely regretted not driving another 30 minutes to a decent place. The town had 1 decent restaurant. I don't get on here to slam any business, but this place should be shut down. The next morning, there was NO breakfast anywhere (wouldn't have eaten it anyway d/t cleanliness) and when I went to check out, the man was rude to me and my daughter, never saying a word or even a thank you for staying, (but did manage to grumble what I owed), and was unshaven and dirty. I have posted pics. It's obvious the people who give this place a good review were either drunk or owners of the place. Do yourself a favor and pass this place up. Find a much better place in Morgantown or Fairmont, WV. This B&B could be a neat place, but is NOT what the advertising pictures depicts!!!!
"Think of it as stepping back in time"
06/03/13 amosesq Central Pennsylvania
This Inn reminds me of traveling in the 1950s. It is a local treasure, with a good restaurant and popular with locals. The rooms are a little primitive, but clean. They're comfortable, but not someplace you'd want to spend extra time in, almost like the second guest bedroom in your aunt's house. The public rooms are furnished with antiques, and in a few years the bedroom furnishings will qualify as antiques, too. Check out the homage to Marilyn Monroe in the well stocked bar. Staff is friendly, enthusiastic and helpful.
"Over-priced, over-rated."
04/19/13 David C C Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I write this a cou7ple of hours after arrival. The bed room (do not take room 23) was the smallest I have ever seen in travels all over the globe, even smaller than those in a London terrace house. A portable air conditioner is clumsily duct-taped onto a propped- open and duct-taped window, so extraneous noises are not excluded. The fan has to be run just to keep out the sound of passing cars. An unnecessarily massive fridge hogs too much of the severly limited space, if we had brought in our second suit case we would not have been able to walk round the bed (but at least the empty fridge served as case stand). The cables for the fridge, A/C unit and the TV are all hanging down the wall and across the floor in true third world fashion. Lightoing is almost non-existant, there is a fan over the bed in place of a light and there is one bedside lamp (no room for another). The only eay to read is to light the strip light over the wash basin which is next to the bed (shower in the small bath in the lavatory). . The room is far too small to house a courtesy coffee maker so bring your own flask if you make the mistake of coming here. The advertised continental breakfast is no more than a cupboard-sized room, no tables and chairs, with a choice of pastries, cereals, and and hot drinks. Pathetic. Scandalous even. Can they not make up a nice table or two in the restaurant and come up to motel standards? .We got an on-line 'discount' booking at 80 something dollars; the pictures on the web siite were great - how did they make the rooms look so nice? To my mind this place is vastly over-priced and any 50 dollar motel room offers a far greater degree of comfort. The appearance of the house itself is superb, and as we drove up we were thrilled. One look at the room and - oh oh!! Downstarirs is grander, somewhat dingy but spacious and oldie-worldy. We spent no time there though, as we are reluctant to spend more money here than the too-large sum we have already paid. Had we seen the room and the breakfast facility before paying, we would have driven to a motel - any motel. So - off we go to find an eatery. What a pity to have our touring vacation spoiled in this way. David and Marianne (from France).
"Friendly, Down Home & accomidating"
10/14/12 Wreckercentral
A great place to stay while visiting the Morgantown area, The old time family atmosphere is very relaxing, right down to the porch swing &the rocking in the chairs w/ Sherbert the porch cat. Service was great, &the the food was even better. The lounge was cozy, &the the self serve beer fridge is a great touch. Owners Jon & Deb did a great job keeping the 40's parlor decore as well. The haunted 2nd floor added an exciting nice element of suprise to our stay too!! We will for sure be back again!!
"The best kept secret in driving distance of DC, Pittsburg, Baltimore, and Philly"
02/18/12 Mickey64410 Fort Myers
4 single rooms and 4 small suites in typical B&B small style. NOT $250 rooms but who cares? The rooms are "sleepable and quiet". The food at the hotel is the best you will find within over 300 or more miies! Jean is a master chef trained at the Culinary Institute and his food shows it. Not much on the menue over $16.95 and I would gladly pay over $60 a plate any other place for a similar meal (IF there was such a place!). Baked salmon, australian sea bass, icelandic haddock, fresh crabmeat and shrimp pasta, lasagne, chicken dijon to die for....The salad bar is all you can eat for $6.95 with crabmeat, fish, tuna, etc. The best I have had! Service is great. This is NOT a white table cloth place with family silver etc. You would never suspect the food is as delicious as it is. Full bar with a Marilyn Monroe motif with music to match....the whole place is a great, old building where you feel at home. The outdoor patio is great to kick back and forget that there is a world out there. I have read some of the comments from people that expect to be waited upon like they are royality. If so, they need to go to the Ritz and pay more for bad food. This is an old Inn that has some charm.....something that some of the people that wrote negative reviews NEVER had!!...