All hotels in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, United Kingdom
Banbury Road, Ettington, Stratford-upon-Avon, England, CV37 7NZ, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great service"
Had an upgrade to a premier room in the main house due to a problem with the blind in the standard room. The management were courteous and very professional and automatically gave the upgrade. Having seen both standards of room I would strongly recommend staying in the rooms above basic level if you plan on spending any amount of time in your room beyond sleeping. The mattresses were a little tired but overall the experience was very good and well worth the money spent. At the price, thoroughly recommended.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Jon
"Hotel okay"
I booked with Expedia 2 adults and our daughter but when we got to the room no bed, why ask how many guests are staying and then still charge an additional £10 frustrating and I think you should do as all the other hotels and charge at time of booking and not be surprised by hidden costs. Also we booked a taxi with the hotel to go to our function in Charingwood and waited for 45 minutes even though we clearly stated that we had to be out our party at a certain time, no apologies from anyone at the hotel. Anyway our function was only 8.9 miles away and the cost was horrendous worse than London taxis anyway I paid it and we used the same taxi back and was short of cash and the hotel would not even take £10 from card to pay the taxi driver. get some customer services and change your ways this is the 21st century!!
staff helpful and friendly. The pool was nice. my wife was woken at night by banging doors, sounded like the door in the corridor. The mattress on the bed was very saggy. its a nice little village. we were heading onto warwick castle which is about 25 minutes drive. hotel price was ok. When we were there it was filled with people on conference. The room had no air con which is something to keep in mind if you are there during warmer months
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
henryscat
"A++++"
Very nice hotel . Lovely grounds and area . Only a 10 min drive into major nearby town . Will go there again for my next visit to the area .
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Daragh
"great stay"
this is a great hotel, fantastic food and great breakfast.no aircon in the room was only real problem. worth a visit
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
tigger1878
"Lovely breakfast but bed too soft and room noisy"
I've stayed at the hotel twice (for a few days each time) and I can honestly say that the breakfast was top notch - lots of choice; from cereals and fruit to a large selection of cooked food and pastries. I used the leisure centre a few times and although the hot tub spa was a lovely way to relax at the end of the day, the facilities generally look a bit tired. Although the bedrooms are spacious, the mattresses are far too soft and I didn't have a comfortable nights' sleep whilst I was there (in either room). The first room I had was located next to the guest entrance so it was noisy from the comings and goings and there was also loud and regular bizarre banging noises coming from both the light fittings(?!) The second room I stayed in was much quieter and faced out towards the surrounding countryside but the shower head sprayed out of the bath (no matter how I positioned it) and there was no TV remote. The country location of the hotel and its proximity to Stratford is great. There are lots of lovely local pubs in the area too, so make sure to stop in at the Chequers Inn (delicious food AND handsome service staff !) and the 16th-century inn at Halford.
3 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
"Very Disappointing - checked out early!"
Hugely disappointed with this hotel. Looks nothing like website pictures. Main house is just he reception, the rooms are in an extension block which looks like an old peoples home. RIPPED bedding. DIRTY bathroom floor. Drab / little decor. I checked out two nights early - even though I'd paid in advance. Was told by the hotel there was nothing they could do for me! Will never go back or recommend this hotel.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"Average"
The hotel was very clean, rooms were a good size and the bed was very comfortable. However, the room walls are paper thin and the view from our room was of industrial bins which is disappointing given the grounds are lovely. Most of hotel staff were friendly but I found the hotel receptionist very robotic and over selling the breakfast with usual hotel trick of discounting the price from the website on arrival. The general night manager seemed to not be doing a lot but bossing the bar man about who was trying to serve customers and cash up. We did not eat in the hotel but can highly recommend Chequers which is less than a five minute walk away. The pool and Jacuzzi are a good size but wasn’t the warmest when I went swimming at 3:30pm. The sign on the wall said the temperature had not been checked since 9am. There is a slight inconvenience in that you have to walk back up to the reception from your room to get towels and sign in to use the leisure facilities there. You pass the leisure centre entrance to do this then have to walk back up to the reception to sign out. The bar is on the expensive side but the wine was very nice and of a good quality. There is a lot of people for conferences but I thought this gave the bar area a good atmosphere. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive to Stratford which was lovely and worth a visit. We did get a good offer for a mid-week break.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Smelly room, uncomfortable bed"
The room smelt of musty cigarettes, we had room 320 which had a view of several containers/skips, there was lots of noise throughout the night and the sheets had a strange buttery odour. We disliked the hotel so much we went out in to the neighbouring village just to be out of the room. So much for a romantic break, The one saving grace was the polite and friendly young lady on reception.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Cheryl
"Great getaway"
Great hotel, nicely secluded for a quiet break but also peaceful after a days hard work. Not too far from local amenities. Limited vegetarian food on restaurant menu but made do. Very good service from reception to bell boys and good all-round gym facilities. Indoor pool/ jacuzzi was appreciated. Highly recommend if in this part of the country.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Varun
"Value for money"
The only complaint I can give, would be the television reception in the rooms,
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
Business Traveller
"Close enough to Stafford"
Hotel good but mainly for conference type business.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Stuart
"Horrible food"
Staff were very nice apart from the officious way we were made to wait for a table while we interogated as to our status/ability to pay.Triple cooked chips were not. Very soggy and limp. Pie was thin and contained a viscous mess. Veg almost raw. Breakfast eggs were black with sulphur having been cooked and kept warm for too long, bacon inedible-rest was fine
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"nice hotel"
clean and comfortable rooms
1 night family trip May 31, 2014
Very nice hotel, friendly helpful staff. Not too far from Stratford centre. Very clean rooms and leisure facilities. Would stay again.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Beautiful hotel"
Lovely hotel, definitely get what you pay for. Staff very helpful.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Quiet Countryside hotel"
Room is a good size but over heated (visited in May) Brand new sauna but jacuzzi wasn't a good warm temperature. The Blinds were an awful dark green - not very relaxing !!
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"great rooms friendly staff"
we booked one of the superior rooms. It was lovely and had a luxurious feeling, even though they was minor peeling of the paint work in the bathroom. The staff were very friendly , professional and catered to our needs. The facilities were very good and the food was excellent .One minor criticism . We wanted room service for breakfast which they said they did not do...
2 night trip May 24, 2014
ilopul
"not as good as I expected"
several members of staff were quite cold and unwelcoming (not all though). I was hoping for a grand old hotel but apart from the reception building it felt like any basic chain hotel.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2014
"Beautiful location"
We were impressed with the greeting, hotel, facilities, room and the breakfast. The staff were all very attentive and helpful in giving us bar and restaurant suggestions. The pool area was relaxing and well maintained. The self service breakfast was very impressive and the food was fantastic. Overall really pleased we chose to stay here.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2014
"Lovely hotel"
Just whst we wanted, a nice hotel, great location
1 night romance trip May 4, 2014
kellyac
"Great location."
Really enjoyed our stay, the decor could do with freshening up a little. Staff very friendly, with 1 exception, seemed to be some issues between staff but this didn't detract from how we were treated. Excellent.
3 night trip with friends May 2, 2014
am99
Nice hotel in loverly setting ideal for Cotswolds
Other trip May 7, 2014
gibbo
"Large conference hotel"
This is a very big hotel but clean and tidy. Pool area could do with a make over like the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was fine typical buffet style. Highly recommend chequers restaurant in the local village.
Other trip May 3, 2014
Kathryn
"Good place to stay. Nice Spa."
Thought for the number of rooms it was quiet, but walking distance to village. Didn't use the restaurant. Spa was medium size, but not busy. I had a basic room which was large and had everything I needed.
2 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
MJS
"Comfy bed, pretty grounds, value for money"
Stayed for two nights to visit local attractions (Warwick castle & Shakespeare places). Lovely ground, room was of a very good standard- bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. Staff were friendly and parking was free. Good location- 15 mins from Stratford upon Avon and 20 mins from Warwick castle.
2 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Sookie12
"Poor Management and Leadership"
Low morale underpins the dispirited outlook of the staff in this hotel. Probably due to poor leadership and a lack of empowerment. As a Change Management Consultant, the first thing I would do in this venue is change the management ! I spend 200 nights a year in hotels, this experience was in the bottom 10%.
2 night trip Apr 7, 2014
Simon
"A noisy night in the countryside"
Hotel is nicely situated in the countryside. Good parking, facilities and friendly staff. However, the hotel is clearly aiming itself at the conference market. In the hotel room (112 to be precise) from about 9:30 in the evening, you could not only hear the people in the room above talking, walking around, flushing the toilet, but you could even hear the drawers being opened and closed. I've spent years living communally in barracks and this was comparable. that is not a compliment.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Mick
"Mid week Break"
Really disappointing stay, my husband and I have stayed in many hotels over the years, and this looked exceptionally nice when booking. The hotel was okay and the room was clean and nicely decorated. The restaurant was the main disappointment. The mussels were luke warm served with no bread or finger bowl (mussels are messy to eat). When we asked for bread we were told we could have a bread platter which again was very disappointing. We ordered wine to have with our starter it arrived half way though after having to ask again. Both my husband and I had the burger for our main course (limited menu) the burgers where over cooked and tough. Although on a positive note the desert was very nice.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
R
"Lovely Location"
Had an enjoyable weekend close enough to stratford without actually staying in the centre, handy for a few local bars and restruants if you prefer not to eat in the hotel, Breakfast in the hotel was good and staff where very friendly and accomodating
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
sheilastanley
"Very comfortable in nice surroundings"
Only stayed one night but wished it was longer, would love to have tried out the lovely pool.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"Very poor"
I am writing to complaint about our resent stay at The Chase Hotel Ettington on the 15th March 2014. We were extremely shocked at the quality of the room which we stayed (333) We felt the room we stayed was not 4 star as rated and advertised. We felt mislead by the great big extension which our room was part of, Upon booking we were under the impression that we were staying in the house, which to our dismay was reception?? We were very disappointed at the view, which was a red brick wall?? We felt that the dried up breakfast was not worth the extra £30.00, there wasn't even a fried egg in sight?? Most of the lights leading up the drive to the main entrance were not working and there was people camping in the car park in caravans. I do have photos of the great big extension and i also have photos a caravan if you would like to see those and do not remember seeing either on your website. It was my anniversary and we were very dissapionted at the Hotel in general.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Tg
Breakfast service was slow. 3 staff stood around waiting to be told by the restaurant manager to serve tea /coffee at tables. Only white bread for toast and no decaffeinated tea available.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Michael Hodges dges
"Used this place many times"
Very nice and clean place. There are a couple of pubs in walking distance from the hotel who serve very good food. Book your breakfast at the hotel on arrival to get the best price.
2 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
perry
"Very loud music!"
The location and style of hotel was very much what I was expecting and I recognise that it's a hotel that caters for events with music late into the night. However, what I didn't expect was for the music to be so loud that whilst lying in bed I could tap my foot to the music and sing along. It was so loud I could tell you the artist and the name of the song and it went on until 1am. I therefore didn't get as much sleep as I would have like. On checking out very early due to being awake early, there was no one on the reception desk and you had to dial for assistance. Not what I expected.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
We had dinner in the restaurant which was lovely. In the morning we went to check out the receptionist said we didn't have to pay anything. I said they had made a mistake and that we had to pay for dinner. The receptionist called the restaurant a member of staff Sarah came and was extremely rude saying that we had left the restaurant without paying ! Her attitude was dreadful we made them aware of their error and then she was rude. This would not encourage me to book at thus hotel again .
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
tarry
"Fabulous weekend"
We had a lovely time. We got the room at a knockdown price but the service was first class. The staff were very helpful and the leisure facilities were great.
2 night trip Oct 26, 2013
kathy H
"Nice hotel with good facilities"
Impressive size of hotel in a country location. The facilities including the swimming pool are excellent, as is a sizeable car park. The rooms are a good size and nicely laid out. There is a very small number of TV channel to chose from and the free wifi is poor with you having to re-sign in every 30 mins. You can pay extra to get a better service.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
IK
"ita a must stay"
awesome
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2013
"Glad I didn't pay full price!"
Don;t get me wrong its an ok hotel but at the price I paid, If I had paid full price I would have been gutted! The beautiful building in all the pics is just reception and the rooms are on the side in a very basic building, The pool is lovely, bit smaller than it looks but still lovely. Our room was very basic, Bathroom was shabby, mouldy silcone around the bottom of the bath and a lot of dust in the corners of the bathroom, Bath was teeny and even at 5ft 6 I couldn't really have a comfie bath. The bed was very uncomfie, In fact neither of us got a good nights sleep in the 3 nights we were there. I had to speak to reception 4 times to request a spare sheet to use as a cover due to the fact the room was so hot, In the end at 9.30pm I called for the 4th time and someone finally bought one up to us. Location wise it was perfect for us to visit family in Banbury and also to visit Stratford (beautiful place, well worth a visit)
3 night trip Oct 12, 2013
pixie
"Good base for exploring Cotswolds and Stratford"
Geared up more for conferences but still pleasant enough given a good deal online
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Lovely hotel and an enjoyable stay"
Staff were all friendly and very welcoming. We stayed in a standard double room which was very comfortable and clean - a lovely room also. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was very nice and there was a wide variety for the breakfast buffet. Location was perfect and only a 5/10 min drive into the town, but we also did pass some lovely pubs on our way into town. Definitely recommend for a night away or short weekend trip!
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2013
Jennie
"Great location."
Great hotel with a superb pool and jacuzzi. Staff very helpful and friendly. The restaurant was horrendously overpriced as was the bar (£12/£14 for a large white wine and a pint of larger). The room was large, but basic and the bed was very uncomfortable. Great location though as perfect for visiting nearby Stratford upon Avon. We would return, but would spend less time/money eating and drinking in the hotel.
2 night romance trip Aug 31, 2013
Jamie
"Would recommend"
Wish our stay was longer, we booked last minute for a friends wedding at a nearby venue, and was very happy with our choice. The staff were very friendly and the facilities were excellent
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2013
kabrain30
The room was reasonable for price we paid ....however had we been paying full rate we would certainly have been disappointed as not as luxurious as it seems on websites the room we were in was in need of a décor overhaul and good clean(cobwebs in bathroom), also disappointed by lack of freeview on television in room
3 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Joy
"really enjoyable stay"
the hotel was ideal for our needs, all staff were great, we had our 22month old grandson with us and he loved it, thank you
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
cox and makinson families
"perfect"
Great hotel, beautiful location. Just what we needed! brilliant staff, hotel was clean and tidy with fab swimming pool.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
Rose
"Beautiful grounds"
We really enjoyed our stay - facilities were fabulous and location was brilliant - can recommend both village restaurants too they were great value for money
3 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2013
Neen
"A lovely escape"
After a warm day during the incredibly hot July weather, it was lovely to book in to the hotel and enjoy a refreshing swim in the pool. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff friendly. We were sorry to be staying for only one night but would certainly plan to return again in the future.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"very good all round ,"
Very comfy beds , very clean room , excellent location, for the surrounding area, very good breakfast , very good. loved it . evening meals need to be less expensive, more on a par with the local pubs , which we found to be very good.
3 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2013