All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

"Typical NYC hotel size"
Hotel was adequate but a great location as the subway was right on the corner
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Phillip
Excellent stay, location, and great staff. I would recommend this hotel to any of my fancy friends.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Went for a long weekend vacation with the family. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They secured our luggage before check-in on the first day and after check-out the last day which allowed us to make the most of our time there. Very convenient location to several tourist attractions.
3 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great location!"
We were pleasantly surprised by our stay at the Hampton Inn. Check in was a breeze and our room was ready well before the 3pm check in time. They have a garage where you can leave you car right around the block for less than $40 a night. The room was what you expect in NYC. It was small, but very clean and very quiet at night. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was updated and large for the room size. The best part of this hotel is its location. It is right across the street from Harold Square and there is a subway stop literally right outside the hotel entrance. The buffet breakfast was crowded and not great, but it was included in the room price. It was nice to be able to grab a bagel and cup of coffee before heading out for the day. All in all we had a great stay! Would certainly recommend.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Jenn
"good location"
Beds comfortable but sheets were noisy when you turned over during the night. Breakfast was good. Expensive but it's New York.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great for the price"
Cant be in any better lacation right behind the empire state building n 3 blocks down from time square
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
Mark O.Pereira
"Close to everything enjoy my stay and will be back"
enjoy every minute of my stay can't wait to stay there again
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
jojo
"Keep looking but if you have to stay here, ok..."
My room smelled like laundry detergent so bad it was burning my nostrils. The rooms are extremely small and the Internet was extremely slow. Location is great so majority of the guest are international travelers which means they have little to no manners or understanding of personal space.
3 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
michael
"Great location and good room size"
It was good except the room was cold at times. However, this was the coldest week of the year so far.
4 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Great location with wonder service. The breakfast was an added bonus.
4 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Dennis m
"Very good location"
Since the hotel is located in the center of Manhattan you can go north, south, east and west very quick. Besides the location, the hotel staff is outstanding giving you assistance in every single request you may have. These are the main reasons why I stay in Hampton Inn when I go to the city.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Alan
"EXCELLENT HOTEL IN HERALD SQUARE"
I was thrilled with my choice for several reasons. I was able to re-book my hotel a few days before my trip and saved over $450 by paying in advance. Had no issues with early check-in as I travel into Manhattan in the mornings and a room was ready. Housekeeping staff was extremely courteous and accommodating at all hours of the day. The biggest treat was the FREE FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST in the morning!! Saves money and was great to eat a good solid breakfast as I often didn't eat again until a late dinner due to my travel activities each day. For ease of travel through Penn Station from JFK and access to the subways, you can't beat Herald Square especially during Christmas time.!!
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
FELIX
"Nice hotel close enough to Times Square"
Nice hotel close enough to Times Square and other popular NYC spots without the high price.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"so small than I expected"
We booked a king size room, so small than I expected. It doesn't worth that price
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"great stay"
Had a great time in NYC. This hotel is in a great location. Easy walk from Penn station. Loved it
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Thank You"
Good Stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Hotel has a great location. Near macy's herald square, subway station right on the corner. We stayed on the 6th floor, so we could hear everything from people walking in the sidewalk, cars, trucks and police siren.
5 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Christmas Trip"
Excellent staff, to include Breakfast Host. Clean rooms, Maria on front desk was very helpful to help me with problem.
Response by Hampton Inn New York - 35th Street - Empire State Building
Season Greetings To You and Yours On behalf of our entire team I would like to personally say thanks you for choosing to stay with the Hampton Inn 35th Street Manhattan Empire State Building. We are happy our staff especially Maria, the services and location provided a great overall experience and that you took the opportunity to share these experience. We do hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future. Warmest Regards C. Collins Front Office Supervisor
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Excelent!!"
Everything was perfect!
6 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
André
"Nice hotel near subway, bus lines and shopping."
The staff were very friendly and helpful! The room was very small but neat and clean, no real closet. The location was noisy but close to the subway and easy walk to Times Square, Macy's etc. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
michael d
"Great location, wonderful staff"
Average size room for NYC with double beds. Full tub/shower. Comfortable beds and pillows. Towels are on the smaller side and not as thick as at some places, but they worked fine. Small closet with ironing board & iron. Three drawer chest with flat screen tv on top. In room safe in the closet. Not much room to walk around, but worked fine for family of four with four travel size bags & backpacks (large suitcases would be more difficult). Very quiet. Little to no street noise in our room which faced another building, not the street. Relatively quick elevators even with a busy hotel. Free water bottles on arrival & free hot chocolate, hot tea & coffee 24 hours a day. Normal complimentary breakfast. Some items rotated day to day - waffles, omelets, turkey sausage, roasted potatoes, French toast sticks, oatmeal, cold cereal, bagels & other breads, fresh fruit, etc. Plenty of seating. Place to store luggage on day of departure. Incredibly nice and helpful hotel staff! Great location for sightseeing and shopping. 34th street/Herald Square subway stop just a few yards away on same side of the street. Empire State Building at opposite end of the street. Easy access to uptown & downtown via subway. Less crowded area than Times Square, but within walking distance of TS and Theater District. Drugstore within a block for food, toiletries, medicine, etc. would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"MY STAY AT HAMPTON INN"
FINE OVERALL. THE HOTEL HAS ONLY TWO ELEVATORS: FOR A 20-STORY BUILDING THIS IS INADEQUATE -- MY ONLY QUIBBLE.
lowell
"Nice place near Times Square"
Staff were great! Food was good, rooms were as expected.
Candy
"Still like new!"
This is my second visit to this hotel and I certainly would return. I stayed the first year it was built (about 5 years ago) and it still seemed brand new to me. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. It is a little small, but that is to be expected in Manhattan. I love the convenient location because we could walk to everything in midtown. I would definitely stay here again!
darlene j
"Nice hotel and the staff is awesome"
2nd or 3rd time we've stayed at this hotel and it is a very nice place to stay. Maria at the front counter is a doll and a very nice and friendly person. Luis who, I think, runs the breakfast bar is just outstanding. The man is constant motion, making sure that everything is filled. He also was/is very nice to my daughters. Next year, when we visit NYC, we will definitely return to the Hampton Inn on 35th street.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
RD
"We would stay at this hotel again."
We would stay at this hotel again. The price was right, the hotel was clean and the breakfast was very good.
2 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
"Clean, not fancy"
Hotel staff were not overly friendly, but not rude. Room was very clean. Heating system took a significant amount of time to heat the room considering the size of the room. Mattress was comfortable but sheets were starched to the point of discomfort. Complimentary breakfast was a big plus, especially in NYC-lots of choices, staff were present to make sure items were restocked timely.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Emmy
"Provisions"
When reservation was made it was for one room with four adults and two children. Had we not called hotel direct we would have had no accommodations for the children. WE HAD TO BRING OUR OWN AIR MATTRESSES. I would suggest that rather than taking $800 plus dollars from folks you first make sure there are complete accommodations available. And the room was cramped!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
nana
"Needs Work."
Probably the worst hotel food I've ever experienced in 45 years of travel. Slowest elevators in NYC. Many times neither of the two will move because cleaners are holding the doors open on the floors where they are working.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Harry
"Comfortable stay, walking distance to Penn station"
We don't regret choosing this hotel as it is conveniently located to Amtrak/NJ transit station and few feet from a subway stop. We walked to Time sq straight from the hotel. This hotel sets a mid price range standard for Mantattan. We found helpful staff and clean rooms during our stay. Plus hotel offers a free breakfast.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Extremely convenient to Bryant Park, Macys"
Visited for business. Only a few blocks easy walk from Bryant Park. Easy check-in; nice staff, room was very clean, good TV channel selections. No fridge in the room. Free breakfast with good options.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Mrs L
"nice hotel for biz overnite"
very nice hotel
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"Sister's Weekend Get Away"
Our stay in NY was the first time my sisters and I ever did a girl's trip. We found the hotel location superb for our needs. I live in California and my sisters live in NC and CT. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends. The staff is professional and courteous. The hotel was clean and comfortable.
Hot water ad coffee offerings very poor and usually empty.
Harry
"New York Marathon stay"
Great hotel, perfect location, clean and the staff was very friendly.
"hotel is fine"
Hotel was nice. Elevators were very slow. I did ask for 2 side by side rooms and was told they could accommodate but later was told they didn't have anything for that particular request.
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"Friendly and Fast Service"
Fast check in and Check out - Clean Room and Hot shower.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"overnight Halloween"
Great service. They let my boyfriend and I check in early around 1p.m. and the room was ready clean. Staff was very friendly bonus was it near all shopping.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Friends in NY"
Friends in NY stayed at the hampton inn had a great time rooms clean but a little small service was great
2 night trip with friends Nov 9, 2014
"easy to get around"
Easy to get around.
3 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
deidra
"great hotel , great location"
short stay, excellent location, friendly staff,excellent hotel
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Revevit
"midtown"
nice hotel in midtown. small but functional.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
"Cleanliness of room; hotel service"
Very nice management and staff. Good breakfast bar. Pet friendly!!!!!!!
2 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
"Stay at another hotel"
Great location! The hotel roomwas clean. They had post it notes that had "the sheets were clean before you got here" printed on them, i thouht that was odd to have a post it on the headboard and why wouldnt the be clean? We also booked a king abd once again they only had doubles. We were not happy about that. Lastly, the smoke detectir kept beeping sporarically throughout the night. Which kept waking us up. We will never stay here again. There are way to many hotels in tte area to waste your money on this one. We shpukd have stated at tge hilton garden inn next door!
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
Teresa
Clean and convenient
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
michael
"Godo hotel but too expensive."
The personal on the hotel do not has the best attitude. There is only a few ones that are kind people. Use a different hotel away from the downtown and use bicycle and subway for transportation That's the best option.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"small hotel, close to subway"
Excellent location. Half a block to the subway, Convenient to everything. Friendly, helpful staff.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Great place for launching into NYC Sites"
Great everything but stay in "inside" or courtyard room. They happily moved us after a sleepless first night on the street side Floor 7. Trucks and construction up the street all through the night.
3 night trip Oct 22, 2014
Lyn
"Always a favorite"
This hotel is great. It is conveniently located and the staff is always pleasant and very helpful. It's a popular hotel with international travelers as well.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014