All hotels in Santa Monica, California, United States of America

• Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Bad breakfast
"The getaway"
My wife and I were only going to stay for one night. Instead we stayed for two. The room was very nice and clean. The staff was awesome. But I do have to say. The food we ordered from room service was not so good. It was like the food had Ben sitting out for a long time. But that's okay it was late. Very close to shopping and restaurants. We would definitely stay there again. Loved it
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
Mike D
"Art deco gem in a great location"
A fine old 1940's hotel that has been updated but retains its period charm. Across the street from the ocean.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Great location, old art deco style hotel. Fun, small, hip roof top bar...lots of locals watching the sunset. We had a nice time and would stay there again.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"A great hotel in a great location."
We had a great time at this hotel. Great rooftop bar that has an awesome happy hour. You can walk to the pier, or many wonderful restaurants, or to shopping in just a few minutes.
"Did not want to leave Hotel Shangri La!!"
I RARELY have a day off and even more rare a weekend off so when I do I plan a 'staycation'. I went to the Shangri La Hotel! This was my second time there and I recommend everyone to go and have a wonderful 'getaway' at this Hotel. The food is AMAZING, you can walk to shops and cafes, the Hotel STAFF are professional and really make you feel welcome and of course a room with a VIEW OF THE OCEAN is the best!!
3 night trip Nov 14, 2014
melonie
Stayed one night and had a wonderful experience. Staff is very nice and professional. Room had beautiful Ocean View - Very comfortable space and nice Art Deco interior design.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Overall nice place to stay my only complain is the room is tight especially with a child. Friendly staff and fast service
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Great location."
The room was comfortable and clean and the ocean view room up to expectations. The only thing that I did not like was that all the room lights were on one switch.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Disappointing"
Old hotel, trying to be new. Bed too big for the room. Couldn't get the shower to work, like opening a safe. All they could tell me was talk to Expedia. That won't happen again. We live and learn.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Great hotel!"
Awesome hotel, room was big and nice, especially loved the bathtub, good food and drinks too!! Great views and in a really good location!
3 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
The room was big however we missed a coffee maker and a small fridge and decoration was bad
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Diana
"Art Deco Interlude"
we wanted an art deco hotel and this was awesome. There were many original features in this lovely old hotel which we appreciated.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
Perfect location. Updated and stylish rooms. Excellent amenities.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Greg
"What a mess!"
Look elsewhere. I've stayed in many hotels and usually don't write reviews but this hotel (at the price we paid) made me change my mind. The elevator wasn't working, the bell hop was not very helpful at all. Our room was mediocre, at best. Just an overall nightmare. The Shangri-La across the street is a much better option.
1 night romance trip Mar 25, 2014
MK
It was so great I stayed an extra day!!!
3 night trip Mar 31, 2014
Ann
"Overnight in Santa Monica"
I wanted a nice hotel with an ocean view for an overnight in Santa Monica. The swimming pool is rather small there but then the hotel is old. Loved the deco details in the bar. The room was very clean, large and comfortable and it had a 180 degree ocean view and was bliss to wake up to. The hotel is just steps away from the buzz of Santa Monica so just perfect for our intended use.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Brenda Kearney
I stayed here for a few nights on business and was very pleased with this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, the rooftop lounge had nice cocktails and food with a sunset view, and the hotel staff quickly accommodated all of my requests. The location is great- on the beach and close to many restaurants and attractions. I would stay here again and hope to enjoy the outdoor pool and cabanas next time. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!
3 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
K Lee
The staff and service could not have been better! Great location... I would highly recommend!
2 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Lesley
"Great location and Views"
The views of the beach were incredicible. The hotel was in a great area. We walked everywhere we wanted to go during out stay.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Getaway."
Great location. Great staff. Old hotel, uncomfy bed I think for price of ocean front room we could have stayed at better condition hotel.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Manya
Great Location, Great customer service for the most part(one night at the main level bar, customers going up to the roof top bar not staying in the hotel seemed the be the top priority for the staff) Besides that, great staff, clean, nice décor, quick room service, and good food.
3 night romance trip Mar 5, 2014
"A little funky- but in the right spot"
So my hubby and I were looking to have a romantic getaway and booked a room here because of the good reviews. When we got there the very polite staff told us we had been upgraded to a suite- which sounded awesome!!!! When we got to our suite- I was a little baffled. Upon opening the door I saw 4 closed doors right in front of us- 1 on my left, 1 in front of me, and 2 directly to my right. Starting left to right- soor #1 was a bathroom, modern and nice with a shower. Door 2 was another bathroom, complete with an ENORMOUS tub and (get this) a window with a curtain that separated the bathroom from the bedroom (which was behind door number 3. I suppose this voyeuristic little touch was the highlight- as we invited a few friends up and thoroughly enjoyed one of us guiding them into the bedroom while the other fake-soaping exhibitionist threw open the curtains---- those reactions were priceless and good for many laughs. So what was behind door 4? Well- it was another bedroom- just like the first.... Which just seemed weird because that setup didn't really make us feel like we were being treated more special as a couple- and really it just presented a real dilemma about how to use both bedrooms and how to pick the right one to sleep in. Call me crazy- but the more options I have the more discombobulated I get.... So I would have preferred the simple room we had originally planned!! Anyway- the bar was real nice... And that's about all I have to say.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2014
Tam
"Pricey and small but not the worst on the block..."
The room and bathroom were nice and clean, had no problem with checking-in. Asked for late checkout, and when my boyfriend and I returned to get our stuff, they had locked us out anyway. When we went to the desk to get our key cards activated again, the concierge didn't even verify we were who we said we were and just reactivated the keys. Guess next time I can do that and shop around other people's hotel rooms.... Overall, it was small, clean, pricey, and convenient for walking around Santa Monica. Not my favorite stay, but from the looks of the other hotels in the area we could have done a lot worse.
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2014
"Mistake"
The hotel is disappointing and way over-rated and over-priced. The front desk ( the front is literally just a desk) staff are petty and unhelpful. The room is poorly organized with old furnitures and rusted windows. Had to ask to re-supply shampoo and tissue on different days and was sent a clearly used tooth brush - really disgusting. PS: the hotel has no relationship with the classy Shangri-la Hotel in Asia, and it is no comparison.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
Sean
"Could have been better for the price!"
Very pricy for a mediocre room. My apartment is bigger than these rooms. The partial ocean view is sticking your head out the window and looking to the left (WACK)... The only thing I enjoyed was the location. The pool area is nice too, however it was to xoldd for swimming.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Tee
The staff was very friendly. Loved the vibe of the hotel. Plan to return
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
kathy
"hotel shangri la"
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would recommend it and stay agian.
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2013
"Excellent location"
Stayed at the hotel for one night. Room and overall quality was good, but location excellent.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Dilip
"nightmare"
Worse overprice experience in my life the photos on line has nothing to do what the reality is too small no parking so you have to pay 35 extra and the good luck with the shower...
1 night trip Nov 21, 2013
wendy
"Excellent."
Great location! Good service and right choice of ocean view.
6 night trip Nov 15, 2013
John Liu
"Pier side hotel"
The overall experience was fine. The in room facilities were little bit old but not too old to stay. I was locked in the bathroom door due to the old lock. Other than this, the hotel was fine, with reasonable price comparing to the hotels near santa monica pier.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Marshon
"Across from the beach"
Lovely hotel in a great location right across the street from the beach. Pool area is nice and the PH bar is great for grabbing a drink at night. Staff were all really friendly and helpful. I would stay here again when visiting Santa Monica.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
corey
This hotel is in a great location with an incredible ocean view. Walking distance to lots of shopping, restaurants, pier and beach. Staff is super friendly and helpful.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"Great Location and Atmosphere"
If you want to experience the old Hollywood feel, this is the place for you. Contemporary,trendy interior but maintains its 1940's art deco feel. Great pool; very nice people...and the rooms are fantastic. My family and I come here every September after we attend our favorite college football game. Love the beach and strolling around the promenade. This will be our place for years to come.
2 night family trip Sep 21, 2013
Ryan
"Perfect Location and Great Staff"
We enjoyed our hotel stay the staff was friendly and very accommodating. We could walk out to just about anything. Everything you need is within walking distance. Parking was 35.00 a day but allowed in and out privileges.
4 night trip Sep 19, 2013
"Anniversary staycation"
Air conditioning was not comfortable and shower water temp was chilly. They had a friendly staff, yet no ice machine access.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
Marc
"Very well done updates and excellent service!"
Has to have been one of the kindest, most attentive staff I have ever seen. Smiling, friendly, prompt, helpful... wow! The management of this hotel must be treating their employees very well and it showed from every single interaction we had. Bravo for the makeover to a historic property.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
BZ
we enjoyed our stay, staff very helpful and friendly. location of the hotel is great, walking distance to the pier and third street promenade. Room was small but clean.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Great location across the street from the beach. All rooms have an ocean view. Nice room layout with clean lines. Pool small but okay. Hot tub and pool were clean and appealing. Only thing that was a little off-putting was the noise level. There was a party in the courtyard by the pool that was a little noisy, but the DJ made an effort to keep the noise down by having the people who wanted to dance wear blue tooth headsets so that they could hear the music and still keep the volume down. Nice view from the rooftop bar but a little claustrophobic inside the bar. Obviously a hotel that is aimed toward the singles crowd. If you're looking for a quiet hotel in which to kick back and relax, this would not be the hotel for you.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Debbie
"Great trip with kids"
Great weekend with my daughters, 15 & 11. They upgraded us to a suite with a kitchen. Rooms had plenty of room, and location was amazing. The beach was across the street, shops only a block away and easy access to the freeway.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2013
Shay
"Swanky"
Great location, super swanky, but hotel rooms were extremely small. Bathroom door did not shut so no privacy was found there. Overall, a nice place
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"Beachfront Chic"
Even though you can tell this building is old they did a remarkable job with the bathrooms!
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Andy
"Hotel has old hollywood charm"
Great place to spend Mother's Day weekend with your adult children!! Would love to return for an extended stay!!!! Ambience leaves you feeling like you're on a cruise ship!!
Other trip May 18, 2013
DD

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Good hotel for beach and pier, shopping 5 mins walk
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2016
Allan C
Lovely Hotel, great location and very comfortable bed. Would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Mar 19, 2016
GAVIN
"Awesome hotel with the nicest staff ever."
This hotel is so gorgeous. Totally unique with its Art Deco style, nothing like other ShangriLa hotels we have stayed in (don't come expecting the shiny, soulless 5 star norm). This property is totally charming and full of character. The staff were without exception so helpful and friendly. Every single person we encountered was happy, friendly and fantastic. Santa Monica itself is brilliant, full of life. Renting bikes and riding the beach path was our favourite thing along with soaking up the life music and entertainment thoughtout the shopping presinct. We absolutely loved our stay and wished we had longer here.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Fantastic Venue"
The staff were very attentive and the room was superb. The only one small drawback was the inconsistency in service from the different Valet attendants. On my first night the Valets were really excellent. On the second night different attendants were on and they refused to help me. Every other hotel attendant was warm, friendly, professional and very helpful. Housekeeping was attentive without being intrusive.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"Great art deco hotel"
Hotel was very clean and tidy. Staff were all helpful with directions and suggestions for places to go. The room was HUGE and very nice view. Easy walk down to Santa Monica Pier or the bus to go further.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
Russell
"Happy,relaxed stay"
The hotel is wonderfully situated for access to the beach, the pier and the shops and restaurants of Ocean Blvd and Third street. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and most attentive. Nothing was too much trouble; from organising a taxi to the airport and ensuring our luggage was safely stored as well as printing boarding cards and providing toothpaste that we had forgotten! We had an opportunity to meet the manager and some of the front of house staff at an informal drinks gathering which was a friendly touch. We also enjoyed the buzzing,vibrant atmosphere of the rooftop terrace bar that overlooked the ocean and was a great place from which to view the sunset. Our room was clean and pleasant. One drawback for us as an 'older' couple was getting into the deep bathtub to take shower! Even with the aid of a step-stool it was a difficult manoeuvre. However we had a happy, relaxing stay at a very friendly, comfortable hotel and would not hesitate to return in the future.
3 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Kenneth
Amazing experience at the Hotel Shangri-La in Santa Monica. Great staff and the amenities are wonderful!
Other trip Sep 14, 2015