All hotels in Bradenton Beach, Florida, United States of America
2412 Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach, FL, 34217, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Challenging start but worth it"
I arrived in late afternoon to find the office closed. Did not expect this, had not been told. Called the emergency number posted and was told to open a lock box to retrieve my room number and key. The box would not open. I called back. The box is a bit challenging to open; person on call stayed on the line with me and talked me through it. Found two keys. Got up to my room - and the key would not open the door. Called emergency number again. Was told to try the other key (I thought they would both be the same). That opened the door. View was fabulous, comfortable room and bed, mini kitchen helpful after a long day. Would return but would certainly call ahead so check in process could be smoother.
2 night business trip Jun 14, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Club Bamboo South

"DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!"
07/18/15 Krystell W
We booked room 122 of the blue bamboo "resort" for 5 nights. We arrived at 10pm on a Sunday evening and departed shortly after sunrise on Monday morning, understanding that we likely would not get a refund. 1) the AC was on the coldest setting and on high all night yet still did not cool the efficiency to anywhere close to an acceptable temperature. We are from Texas and used to heat and humidity. Our expectation was just for a place to escape the heat of the day but this unit would not have accomplished that. 2) We bugs literally in the bed (looked like small roaches, but I don't know the exact kind). We would clean them off the bed, only to find more an hour later. 3) the pool was a wreak. It was anything but what the pictures portrayed. The photos were of the same pool, but they there taken maybe a long, long ago. The water was dirty and trash around it. 4) the bed sheets had not been replaced in a LONG time. They were pilled and overall nasty. The bedspread looks to have been from a decade ago and probably not washed since then. 5) the shower was disgusting. Old is fine, but it has been maintained with caulk or a deep cleaning in years. We understood this was going to be an old, beach condo, but the standard of upkeep and maintenance was a zero. We've stayed in other condos nearby and had great experiences for approximately the same rate. Stay away from this unit at all costs. We called Monday morning and informed the management that we had departed and asked him to speak with the owner about some sort of refund and of course have heard nothing. It is clear in the contract that no refunds will be given, so I'm not upset about losing the money but management didn't even attempt to make it right. They just said "ok", I'll call the owner.
"You get what you pay for with the room #124. The bonus for us was the view & great beach."
07/15/15 LapewP Saint James Parish, Jamaica
We stayed in room #124 for 3 nights. There are 18 units I believe. The building has 2 floors with stairs and an elevator. The steps seem awful short in depth which was a concern when were going down them. Parking is on the ground floor. There are barbecue grills fixed in the ground and some picnic tables. good size pool is also located there.I was skeptical when I went in the room that the AC wasn't working well. Set it to 65 and hoped it would cool down by the time we got back from dinner.. When we came back it was cooler and the AC was blowing cold air. However, the room was not as cool as I expected. it worked out though because the only time we really needed was when we went to sleep. The AC unit is right next to the bed so its blowing right on you. I thought we would hear noise from the road traffic but we never noticed it. As everyone mentioned parking is limited but we always managed to find a spot on the property. Room had everything we could of wanted. A full kitchen with granite counter-tops, free WIFI. Another concern was the bed. Wife said it felt like we were sleeping on a cloud or marsh-mellow. I like hard mattresses and boy was this soft. Fortunately, i was able to sleep with minimal problems. The building is close to many restaurants if you wish to dine out. However if you want to cook your own food there is a Publix grocery store less than 10 minutes away. If you want fine shopping St Armands circle is less that 45 minutes away. I would try to stay away from the southern end units (123 & 223)as they may be warmer because that wall is hit by the sun all day. I would stay away from the northern 2 units on the 1st floor as well as the 2 units on the 2nd floor because of blocked visibility of the beach by trees. see my panoramic pic
"Nice place but didn't deal with poo in the pool for days"
07/13/15 Gtm4919 Lichfield, United Kingdom
This hotel was very nice but after finding poo in the pool it wasn't dealt with for days. The only reason we are putting this on here is that after getting home we mentioned it to our agent & club bamboo responded saying that the pool was closed immediately , Lie. We had to warn people all weekend not to use it, including kids & a pregnant lady. Club bamboo then sent a letter off there pool maintenance guy stating he was called out on the Friday at 11.59 to clean the pool, Lie. We didn't check in until 3 pm & the problem wasn't spotted until around 5 ish . The staff even told me they couldn't get anyone out until Monday . Again, I'm only posting this because instead of an apology or even just saying nothing, club bamboo would rather make us out to be liers .
"Just what we were looking for"
06/08/15 Baileyboobear Bowling Green, Kentucky
This place was perfect for what my family needed. We were in room 124. When I first opened the door the view took my breath away. We were right on the beach. The room was clean and had everything we needed. We never had any interaction with the owners of the facility after check-in so I have no experience with them. The pool was clean and there was never any more than 2 people at the pool area, which made it perfect for my son. I used the coin laundry while there. I have to say I was skeptical about how well they would work, but they worked just fine. Limited parking, but we were on vacation, so we didn't need parking for company. There was no trouble with noise. All in all, I was very pleased with our stay, especially for the price. I would definitely recommend this to friends.
"Nice weekday stay"
06/03/15 dmxx Austin, Texas
Room was as advertised, quiet, friendly staff, beach chairs, umbrellas in room. Cleaning fee added to rate. On the beach, close to restaurants, etc. Pool was clear, covered party area near pool. Most parking spots covered - little/no area for visitor cars
"Great little place"
05/25/15 cschialdone Lowellville,
First time stay on Bradenton Beach. Our room was on second floor and the view of the ocean was amazing. The bed was very comfortable and space was sufficient. The room was updated nicely. The hotel was in a good location. We were able to walk to the diner where we at breakfast and we were able to take the free trolley up and down the main road. The only thing we were unhappy about was check out. Initially we were told check out was 11 am, then our paperwork stated 10:30am. I asked staff for an hour later checkout, the girl at the desk called her manager and heard her say no one was checking in after us.At that point any other place would have gladly given us an extra hour, however we were told it would cost us another 50 dollars but we could stay till 4....only wanted an hour. It put a bad taste in my mouth.
"Small slice of paradise"
03/14/15 downsouth4ever Montreal
Stayed at club bamboo south from Feb.26 through Mar.5 with my wife and 3 kids We loved it. Beach view is spectacular, beach itself is just perfect Kitchen had what we needed. Pool was very warm. Our only regret was not staying longer!
"Gulf serendipity"
02/16/15 NewHampshireNana New Hampshire
Stayed here last year for a weekend and this yearwas just as fine. Our spotless room had a view of the waves from balcony -- and bed. Efficient kitchenette let us avoid restaurants. Excellent beach for walking and shell collecting. Howling wind kept us out of the surf, but not out of the warm pool a few steps from our room. Bliss! We'll go again.
"Rented through Edgewater Reality"
02/07/15 martenve
Each of the 18 or so "beachfront, studio units at the Club Bamboo South is individually owned. Except for a few of these units, all the units are rented out via the Angel Vacation agency. We, unfortunately, rented unit #120, which was rented out through the EDGEWATER reality company. Although we had a great unit, on a great location (right on the Gulf), we were surprised that we found a rates notice posted in our room, which covered the other "non Edgewater" units, reflecting rates for identical units, at some $400/wk CHEAPER ! We had to provide our own clean linen and towels, beyond what was initially furnished, and our own toilet paper. We had no internet WiFi and the room's heater was broken. Several days later, Edgewater provided a space heater, after a reminder call, We could have had daily towel and linen exchange, for $400 less per week, had we rented one of the other identical units with Angel Vacations. A trip to the dollar store, by Edgewater Reality, to buy $10 worth of items including toilet paper, bath soap, shampoo, dish soap, a dust pan, and some hot pads, would have been so worth it as far as "guest satisfaction" was concerned. Working out an agreement for providing some WiFi would also have been a nice touch, since it was available to those paying $400/wk less than we were!The unit and pool were fantastic though, and we are glad we stayed at the Club Bamboo. We just wished we would have rented from another agency. I would recommend you call the Club Bamboo South directly and rent a beachfront studio unit through the reality agency they rent through. Staying on the Island makes for a fantastic vacation!
"Very pleased with the accommodations"
12/29/14 Sally J Wheeling, Illinois
We came to Anna Maria Island without reservations between Christmas and New Years and were fortunate to be able to spend two nights here. All rooms are right on the beach with an ocean view. Our room was on the second floor and we had a beautiful view. The room was a studio with a king sized bed and a Murphy bed couch (didn't use.) There was also a kitchen with a full size refrigerator, stove and microwave (no oven.) Plates and all utensils were also provided. Bathroom was a decent size with a tub/shower. The balcony had a round table and four chairs. There is also a pool. Lounge chairs are available which you can bring to the beach. The resort is in a good location. I would definitely stay here again.