All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
525 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR, 97204, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Portland Please"
The Nines was a very nice hotel with an outstanding staff and great location..
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Thomy
"Great hotel within walking distance to shopping"
It has a great location as far as shopping and dining. However, parking is expensive.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Amazing staff. Beautiful rooms"
We stayed at the Nines for a mini staycation after we got married. Everyone at the hotel were extremely nice and friendly. The room was gorgeous and it was overall a great stay.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Filthy carpet, bad decor"
Entry & hallway carpets filthy. Apparently they are getting them cleaned, but not a good first impression. There was virtually nothing to make the entrance & common areas (halls) feel homey. It was stark & sparse with a single chair when the elevator door opens. Pretty strange. Then the rooms are gaudy like Vegas. Lots of homeless in the neighborhood, sleeping on streets. We liked Monaco much better. Nice lobby at Monaco & rooms unique.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Great Hotel & Staff"
The stay at the Nines was one of the best I've had in quite some time. Yes, the hotel is nice, the rooms are great, and you cannot beat the location if you want to stay in downtown Portland. Josie at the concierge desk and the manager May Felleroes were especially great and accommodating. I would definitely stay at the Nines again just based off the great attention Josie & May provided.
3 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Ben
"Very classy"
Hotel is very modern very classy giving off a great vibe. Definable a cut above all other hotels in Portland.
"First visit to Portlanc"
The facility was ideal for business meeting and accommodations were superb.
3 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
Tracey
"Good Hotel."
A very pleasant stay in a great neighborhood. Within walking distance of many downtown sites. Room was good sized and comfortable. Had a negative review regarding work out room, did not like the type of elliptical but the equipment was all in good repair. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Best Hotel in Portland!"
We were there for college visits and to get a feel for Oregon and The Nines was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful in getting us to our destinations. They were very knowledgable in the public transportation and gave us clear maps to help. The resturaunt food was extremely yummy and the staff was very accomodating for our group. We couldnt have picked a better hotel for our stay in Portland! And the central location can't be beat!! We will stay there again!
3 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
Natalie
"What's in a name?"
As the name of the hotel implies, it's first class. Super comfortable bed, clean and spacious room, friendly staff, an amazing lobby/lounge area and right in the heart of downtown. Just a few steps from the MAX light rail and various bus lines. Too many great details to list...
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Colin
"we like it."
everything was fine, but it wasn't quite as nice as you expect for the rate we paid.
1 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2014
lynne
"Great room just a bit small."
This is a great hotel. The room is small yet fancy for the area. Take into consideration we use the room to sleep in not to spend the day in. Restroom is also well layed out.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
frequent travel
"Elegant hotel in the center of downtown"
The Nines is conveniently located in the middle of downtown Portland. The restaurant on the 8th floor lobby level serves fantastic breakfast fare, and the rooftop restaurant (including outdoor seating for good weather) offers outstanding pan-Asian cuisine, both reasonably priced. The bed was extremely comfortable. Unique architecture and design present a very hip and elegant setting for a delightful stay.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"We Loved The Nines!"
Great spot...right in the city center.
3 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
william
"Awesome hotel"
Incredible central location downtown convenient to shopping and MAX. Airport cab was 20 min and $35 without tip. Beautiful trendy cosmopolitan hotel. urban Farmer for lunch was tasty. departure (rooftop lounge and restauraunt) offers great views and is great people watching venue. Fitness center offered several cardio machines (none with built in fans though) and several free weights. Complimentary towels, fruit, water, and newspaper. Great setup. Didn't realize that I signed on for club level (12th floor) and it was such a fantastic service! Multiple snacks (breakfast, lunch, happy hour, dessert hour)and included alcoholic beverages made for tasty and ultra convenient breakfast bar! I normally don't splurge for nice hotels but I'd gladly do this one again next time I'm in Portland!!!
5 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Cc
"Not as expected"
The service is in the restaurants is very bad. We actually got up and left for lack of service. Room is pretty but small, and if your room faces the city/square you might be bothered by the lack of dark curtains. Light came through the window all night. The AC in our room was broken and clicked all night as well. Bed was comfortable. Also, they said a "special" aminity would arrive in our room, and it never came. Bath tub/shower was very cramped.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"ARE you KIDDING? thought location was near water!"
Vaket service was really good. Hotel had scaffolding all around and where you check in is disappointing. Roof top restaurant was GREAT though. Wanted to impress my guest and that did NOT happen! Should not be a five star.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Perfect hotel, service and location"
We loved our 3 night stay at The Nines. The hotel staff were super helpful and the accommodations were tops. The hotel is in the center of everything and we absolutely LOVED the food at Departure on the roof. Best meal of the trip. The other side of the place, the actual rooftop bar, was nice but a little too Vegas'y and young for us and we're only in our 30s. Overall, we would stay again in a heartbeat.
3 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Amber
"Business trip"
Excellent location, great room! Walking distance to restaurants and department stores.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Rodrigo
"Good but not amazing"
I enjoyed our stay in Portland. I read other reviews about The Nines and didn't know what to expect. I thought the hotel was in a terrific location and I took the MAX Light Rail to and from the airport which couldn't have been more convenient and only cost $2.50 each way. The hotel was good but not amazing. The room was comfortable and well appointed but there really wasn't anything too special about it, except that there was a lot of space, which was nice. The bathroom was just ok. The building is probably an old building, updated over time, so the fact that there was rusty water in the shower each time I turned it on until I ran it through, was also not a huge deal. But, there was very little in the bathroom, no cotton balls or swabs, no lotion, really nothing but one tiny bar soap and the shampoo and conditioner in the shower. The urban farm restaurant was good but very expensive. I wouldn't be against staying there again, but would probably try another hotel that was a bit less expensive for comparison.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
I've stayed at the Nines a few times for business but this was my first leisure stay. It delivered as always the facilities are great, rooms clean, and great restaurants. Everything you would expect from a luxury hotel.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Alfie
"A great stay"
We only stayed for one night, but wished it could have been longer. Accommodations are excellent and the service great. It's in the heart of where you'd want to be when visiting portland. Definitely recommend!
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
Liane
We picked this holtel because of the location; we'd come down for a concert at Moda Center. What a nice surprise! Beautiful place to stay ... Quiet & the beds were soooo comfy. If you have a chance try to rooftop restaurant & order the curry noodles. The bar on the 8th floor has great cocktails & an amazing whiskey selection. We will be back!
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
L1288
"August 201 Stay at The Nines"
I don't understand how this property ranks a 5* rating? It has no pool, no spa, restaurants are good not exceptional, staff was very friendly and accommodating. Final straw for me was my two scoops of ice cream from service....................$15.00
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
It was a nice hotel, the layout was a bit unique with the front desk on the 8th floor. The room was comfortable and quiet. Convenient access to the MAX train.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Good location, but noisy room"
Good central location for seeing the sites in Portland, and close to public transportation. Traffic noise could still be heard in our 7th floor room. Decor of the room was stylish, but the couch was impractical for two people to sit together and watch TV.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
JacksMom
"All style no substance"
The Nines is a beautiful, top notch SPG hotel, but the staff won't go above and beyond for you. The rules between the restaurants are a bit off, and it doesn't matter if you're a guest at the hotel. I couldn't bring my beer from one bar to the other in the hotel, which they considered "outside." It felt weird to me. They force a smile while being quite rude. Since I had never been to Portland before, unfortunately unbeknownst to them, they are supposed to represent the city. They're attitude didn't impress me at all.
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
Best hotel in Portland.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
Rob
"Luxurious feel and great location!"
The price we got through hotels.com made this an incredible value. It comes with all of the comforts that its luxury price would suggest but we got it for $100 less per night. It is located right by Pioneer Square ("Portland's living room") so many of the sights are easy to walk to. Easy public transportation to and from airport and all around the city. Its also worth it to have a drink on the 15th floor space age style bar for the views of the city.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"not a luxury hotel"
the room was so small two of us could barely walk around. This was like a european style hotel in terms of size. Would stay somewhere else next time that was larger. bathroom also didn't have normal items like shower cap or robes- items that luxury hotels typically have.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
maya
"2 nights away"
Every part of this hotel was great. From the valet service to house keeping. After a night on the town it was really nice to come back to a room ready for the night. Bottle of water, turn down service, and soft music. The roof top bar was great too. Great view and the people were exceptionally courteous. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and industry folks. Great location too!
"Great hotel in the heart of downtown portland!"
Great staff, great rooms and great location! Everything I look for in a hotel. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in downtown Portland.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great roof top bar and nice rooms"
Enjoyed the roof top bar every night of our stay. Very popular location for locals and tourists. Hotel was close to everything.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Customer service unacceptable"
I booked the room using your service & upon our arrival the hotel had no knowledge of our reservation & refused to make any attempt to resolve the situation. They said it was not there responsibility to be in contact with expedia & that we should call you to fix the problem. I have worked in the hospitality industry for 10 years in Las Vegas & this was not up to par.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Nathan
Staff is well trained to make it their task to ensure your needs are met.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"vacay to see ciara"
love this hotel...it's my favorite
4 night trip May 23, 2014
"Great Hotel great location!"
My stay at The Nines was great! Room was comfortable, the rate was reasonable, the staff very friendly and the late checkout time gave us plenty of time to enjoy the morning without rushing back to check out. My only complaint is the parking was pricey otherwise would have given it 5 stars on everything.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Andrea
"Nice but Strange Hotel"
We had a pleasant stay at The Nines. The rooms looked much larger online than they were. The room was very small and was just big enough to accommodate the king bed. The room faced the inside with no window to the outside which made us feel a bit closter phobic. The staff was friendly and the decor was nice. I wouldn't stay there again though.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"3rd Stay-Love The Nines"
Great location, beautiful hotel, and wonderful staff. I have stayed here twice with a friend and once with my husband. We all love this hotel. It is so convenient plus elegantly decorated. Soooo nice. And who can beat breakfast at the Urban Farmer or a cup of coffee in the living room like lobby.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Arrived on an early flight and hoped to drop off our bags and leave, instead our room was ready which was wonderful so we didn't have to leave right away. They also accommodate a late check out. Super nice staff
Other trip May 10, 2014
Other trip May 10, 2014
"Beautiful hotel in great location"
A top notch property owned by the Starwood group. The hotel is beautiful and the service was great. The restaurants are fantastic...especially Departures, which is the hot spot in Portland right now. Very convenient location. I would stay here again!
2 night family trip Apr 29, 2014
"Luxury and convenience"
We stayed 2 nights in an atrium facing room. King bed. The room was fair sized and the bathroom large. The bed was comfortable and we actually had an in-room massage - that was tight, but very nice. We ate dinner at both restaurants - the more casual and the rooftop one. Both were excellent and the staff were superb. Food was well prepared and delicious.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Just Married!"
My fiancé (now wife) had just been married that Saturday and needed a place to stay before we took off for our Honeymoon. The Nines is an incredibly beautiful hotel, great location in Portland! Valet Parking was great, staff were super friendly and congratulated us on our marriage! Room service was reasonably priced, the rooms were awesome, great view, spacious, great amenities!
"Beautiful room"
Room was extremely comfortable and decorated nicely.
"All about superficial."
This highly rated hotel was a huge disappointment.To orient yourself to this "intuitive"hotel,you will need to turn on the TV and select the correct menue.I love the lack of emergency information and hope some hipster attorney checks that out.I needed to request basic amenities such as lotion and soap.Perhaps the primarily younger hard drinking crowd needs nothing more than shiny twinkles but good design needs to be functional .The concierge explained to me that all services were intuitive which is the reason PORTLANDIA is so great.It is real people.The food and bev's were great.The lobby service employees were wonderful and helpful.The Departure Lounge upstairs is fun but overcrowded with poor service.I prefer the Heathman ,and even The Ace.The pool room is cozy and great.Some of the younger staff should have an attitude check,bad manners are not ever in good taste.
Mom
The room was well appointed and the beds were amazingly comfortable. We ate at the Urban Farmer which has a terrific eggs Benedict and a fantastic garnish-it-yourself Bloody Mary bar.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
It was good experience , no faults in my opinion . Great decor clean good service .
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
traveler
"Great location, easy access to almost anything !"
Had a great time with the family and the hotel staff was helpful and very attentive.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
GlobeTrotter
"Loved the restaurants and quality service"
We enjoyed our stay very much, it was a lot fancier than we expected, and we were very impressed with the service we received from everyone we encountered from the valet parking to the waiters.
2 night business trip Apr 2, 2014