All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
1619 University Avenue, Berkeley, CA, 94703, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Good choice for a short stay in Berkeley"
I was satisfied with my room. It's a little expensive for me, but not by Berkeley/Bay Area standards, and fortunately I got a discounted rate through Hotels.com. The bed was a little soft and lumpy for my taste, but I've slept on worse. The room was clean, quiet, and offered the amenities I needed. The staff was friendly and efficient. The motel is close to the campus, theaters, and hundreds of ethnic restaurants.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our super 8 motel. we are happy that you liked our service and enjoyed your stay. we are also happy to know from you that our front desk staff was nice with you. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2015
"The website pictures make it look better than it !"
The beds are hard, very uncomfortable. The air conditioning never cooled the room off. A lot of the previous reviews talked about new renovations,some things were upgraded,but it was like a halfway done renovation. The place is old and it shows. The guy that I spoke to on the phone was rude and unprofessional. I know the cost was a lot less than other hotels in the area,but after staying there it still felt like I paid way more than it was worth!
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Sorry for the inconvinence. we are not about to be rude wuth you on phone. your voice was cutting off so we have to speek loud. sorry for this missunderstandiong. if you was feeling any problem in a room the it would be a great if you have informed at front desk. we would e more then happy to help you. we again say sorru for this misunderstanding and we welcome you to come back again and enjoy your stay. with much respect, management.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Bad hotel-don't go!"
The room was very small and dirty. The beds are small and uncomfortable. The service was very bad and staff rude. We will not come back!
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Sorry for the inconvinence madam. we remember you staying with us for double bed room. you were here for breakfast at around 10:30am but madam breakfast time is at only 7-10am. after that our housekeeping cleans the room and we could not open it after it cleaned. were as as a room cleanliness our house keeping is good at work and on the next day you said roos is nice. we are sorry for the inconvinence and we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay and enjoy our FREE continental breakfast between 7 TO 10 AM. with much respect, management.
3 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Kobi
"Cal Berkeley Orientation"
nice place , quiet and clean
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for your stay in our super 8. here we have a quite and safe surrounding. we have a free parking for our guest and free continental breakfast. we are just 5 block away form UC berkeley campus. we welcome you to come back again and enjoy your stay with us. with much respect, management.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Lorenzo
"Middle of the Road in Berkeley"
Negatives first. The front desk boy was snippy and poor at making eye contact. He was not welcoming. Next, unfortunately our refrigerator didn't cool well and the toilet ran constantly. Aside from these issues, the location of this hotel is excellent and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The internet was fast and easy to connect to. Walking distance for many downtown hot spots. I would stay here again.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying on our motel. we are happy that you liked our room and cleanliness. we are located at 1619 university ave which is just 5 block away from UC berkeley campus and 8 min away from bart station. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Jonathan L
"Average at best"
Very average room. We were not pleased that they cleaned the carpet in our room while we were out. Had the Do Not Disturb sign up and the carpet was wet.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
sorry for inconvinence. we have 24 hour notice at front desk of that carpet cleaning. we are sorry for miss understanding. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. thank you with much respect, management.
3 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
In town to visit our daughter and this location was close to where she lived. Property seems pretty run down and the person who checked us in was a little rude, had a slight misunderstanding at check in. Once that was cleared up he was a little nicer. I don't think I would stay at this property again.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. we are sorry for missunderstanding. we are open 24 hour for our guest service and we have free parking for your guest car. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect. management.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Old but Pleasant"
It's an old motel and, if you unfamiliar with Berkeley, it may seem like it is in a not so desirable neighborhood (it's not), but the room was clean and updated. The bed was also surprisingly comfortable. As to be expected with a motel, the walls are thin so you'll hear traffic and people entering/exiting their rooms. Overall, I'd recommend it if you're looking for an inexpensive place near campus with free parking.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying on our motel . we are located at 1619 university ave. bart station is just 8 min by walking and uc berkeley campus is just 5 block away. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management
2 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
"super 8"
nice and friendly staff. room was super clean and nice breakfast. surely will go back again and stay if i'll in berkeley.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
thank you for your kind visit in our motel. we are happy to know that our staff was good with you. we welcome back you again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
1 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
"A sufficient clean hotel"
We wanted an inexpensive room in the east bay and the hotel met this need. It was well located. The breakfast was better than most Super 8s because the cereal was not oversweetened and the yogurt was good. The room was cramped and less good than most Super 8s and the bed was small. The neighborhood wasn't very good and just blocks from the hotel a security guard chased and grabbed a potential thief outside the store. However, this is not the northside of town and walking around in daylight was interesting. There was sufficient parking and we were very satisfied in that regard.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for stay with us in our motel. we have a free parking space for our guest and we have a free continental breakfast in our breakfast room. we are hapy that you like our m=room and have agood stay. we welcoem you to come back again and have a wonderful stay.
3 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"ok in a pinch."
Stayed for an overnight stay. Driving in I felt that the parking stall were to small for my Lexus 350. The person that checked me in was not that friendly but then there as a bit of a line going out the very tiny office. When I asked if there was breakfast served he said that they put out donuts right here (answering as if he could not be bothered). Which made me curios of where while on the Hotels.com sight there is a picture of a "breakfast area" I did not see that. Maybe there was one but He did not offer up where. I was given the ADA room (I'm not ADA) but if I were It would have been tough very small room to get around a wheelchair. The bathroom was spacious but that it (Room 108). Lastly, they were kids (whom I suspect live there) playing soccer with a ball and bouncing it on some cars, not mine but really? It was in decent proximity to Downtown Berkeley and BART. The bed was comfortable and the flat screen nice.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. sorry for the inconvinence sir. we have a breakfast between 7-10am in our breakfast room. that was the last room on that day so we could not offer you another room. we are sorry for the inconvinence. we welcome you to coma back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"Comfortable place."
Our stay was pleasant and comfortable. There is a fridge and microwave in the room so you can buy food and bring in so you don't have to spend money in San Francisco. Everything is very clean and I didn't find it noisy. You need to remember this is a Motel, the breakfast is adequate (yogurt, fresh fruit, oatmeal and waffles, coffee, juice and milk.) Dinning area is small but you can always take it to your room. The people running it were always nice and friendly. I will definitely stay there again without question.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for your stay in super 8 berkeley. we are happy that you liked your stay with us and have a pleasant night. our breakfast time is between 7am-10am. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2015
TODD
"Okay stay."
Pros: Close to UC Berkeley and BART station. Big rooms. Nice bathroom. Cons: Exterior looks older. Office and breakfast room are incredibly tiny. Small beds.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel we are happy that you like your stay in our motel and enjoyed. we are just 5 block away from bart station and 8 min away from bart. we have a free parking space and free continental breakfast for your guest. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. weith much respect, management.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Jeffrey
"super"
Best super i ever stayed.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for your stay in our motel. we are happy that you enjoyed your your stay with us. we are located to at 1619 university ave. parking is free in our motel for guest and we also have a free continental breakfast. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"A small gem"
Great for a quick stay in Berkeley. Newly renovated. Bathrooms are lovely. Refrigerator and microwave, plus coffee maker are convenient and nicely placed in small kitchenette area. Extremely clean. Would definitely stay again.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for your stay in our motel sir. we are happy that you liked your stay in our motel. we have renovated just last year and and we have also a safe box and iron, iron board and hair dryer etc.. in room. we welcome you to come back again and stay with us in our motel. with much respect, management.
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Enjoyed it"
I enjoyed it. Roomy and clean. Would stay again
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thnk you for your kind visit in our super 8. we are happy that you stayed her and liked your stay and our service. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay.
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
Maira
"Dirty, rundown, beds are uncomfortable"
I booked this hotel because all hotels were fully booked, and I needed to attend to my daughter's graduation. Of course, because they knew I had nowhere to go, they hiked up the price to $280. This hotel is rundown. Carpets were dirty. Bathroom was dirty. Only showers no bathtub. They gave a small bottle of shampoo only. No conditioner, no lotion, nothing else. The bath towels were small and looked like they have been used for over 50 times. Over all really disappointing. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I'm ok with paying high price if it's worth it. But this hotel is just disgusting. I can't believe they charged me $520 for 2 nights. Do not stay here.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
sorry for the missunderstanding sir. we dont give rates by looking the guest situation. it was a graduation week and that was a rate of the day. our manager checks the room everyday after our house keeping finish cleaning. also if you feel it was a durty then we please say you to say on same day when you check in and go in room so that we can change the room as you like. sorry for the inconvinence. we have a free complementry breakfast in our breakfast room and free parking space for our guest. we welcome you to come back again and have a nice stay. with much respect, management.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Perfect motel friendly staff"
Perfect. Fast WiFi; newly rennovated rooms; perfect bathroom; friendly staff
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for you stay in our motel sir. we are happy to know that you liked your stay with us in our motel. we are happy that our staff was good with you. we welcome you to come back again and enjoy your stay. with much respect, management
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"Good place to stay for cheap"
Stayed for a tour of Berkeley and had a great time. Pillows didn't have cases though and blankets were outdated and untrustworthy but the bathroom was lovely and big and the direct TV was tight!
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Good front desk staff"
it was a nice hotel to stay in town. staff working at front desk 'tony' was good and and so helpful. room was nice and clean and was they have also a free continental breakfast. will stay back again.
2 night business trip May 8, 2015
"super hotel"
perfect place to stay in town. nice staff and clean room. they have a very good wifi on hotel. i'll stay again whenever i will be in berkeley or near by.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Book online carefully"
Careful I booked online the room to arrive on that same night and at 10am checkout on the following day the desk clerk told me to pay again and ask Hotel.com for a refund.
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Francisco
"Nice trip"
Very nice
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Armando
"Good for a night or 2..."
The bathroom had recently been upgraded, so it was nice. However, there is no fan and the window looks out to another window. The beds were too soft, so our backs hurt, but it was clean and had no funky smell at all. There is a 7/11 just down the street, which is good as there is only one very old vending machine with water. Though the location was sketchy, but it puts you just outside the Bay Area traffic making it easy to go up to Napa or out to Tahoe.
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Good hotel"
Good hotel and value. Recommend to stay there.
2 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Maxine
Staff got up very late to check me in. Much appreciated.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Horrible customer service"
Do NOT recommend that hotel. Horrible customer service. The person in service was absolutely disgusting. Totally ungroomed, wearing the same smelly clothes, very unfriendly and rude. The "breakfast" was horrible, terrible food. Did not fit for any State Health Department in sanitation, no utensils to pick up bread, the milk for the coffee was questionable. The only good thing in this hotel is the new, remodeled bathroom. Extremely overpriced for the conditions. I will never go there again
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Anne
"Nice and convenient for visiting Berkeley"
Nice, clean and convenient for the money. I recommend it.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Patty
"no complaints."
Not bad at all for the price. We scored a room for $80 on a Saturday night, which was great. The check-in area was stuffy and barely large enough for two people to stand in, let alone take suitcases into, but only one person need check in anyhow. The room was clean, tidy, and free of any weird smells or spots. We were on the ground floor but had thick curtains to block out the light/headlamps and felt secure with the door locked. The TV and fridge were up-to-date and the bathroom was spiffy, although the shower door wouldn't stay closed (I had to drape a washcloth over the door to keep it on the frame). It was an okay walk from the hotel to downtown Berkeley. It's not super well-lit, but it wasn't a bad neighborhood--nor was there anything really interesting between the hotel and downtown.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Andrea
"Motel on University Avenue in Berkeley."
This is a no frills motel on University Avenue in downtown Berkeley. It is a good location and I found the motel room to be clean and a real bargain. Nothing fancy, but it was a work trip and was a good deal for the money.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Dave the Engine
"Stayed 6 days in April"
Overall good for the money I paid. Breakfast, microwave oven and ironing is a plus. Breakfast room is small, so may be crowded after 8:30am. I walked 10 minutes to bart station to go to SF city.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Quick Business Trip to Berkeley"
I work for a nonprofit but travel a lot for work, so sometimes it is a struggle to find hotels that are within budget, in a good location, and still comfortable. The Super 8 in Berkeley definitely fit all of this criteria. It's about a 15-minute walk to Shattuck Square and 8-minute walk to the North Berkeley subway stop. The guy who checked me in (wish I knew his name) was awesome. He was super nice and well-prepared, which after zig-zagging the country all day (urghh... low-cost carriers!) was well appreciated. I will admit that I am a pretty no-frills person and I am sure there are superficial things about this hotel that could be improved as other reviewers have pointed out. BUT, the bathroom looked like it had been recently renovated and the beds were comfortable and clean. For almost half the price of other hotels in the area, looking at an ugly door is pretty inconsequential.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
ABP
"A great value in good location"
The price was reasonable compared to others in the area and the location was perfect for us. Within walking distance to plenty of really good local restaurants and sites. The rooms are a little small, but it appears that aoat everything in the room is new - bathroom tile and fixtures, carpeting, etc. the only thing I would ask for is a better mattress. We will revisit if in the area again.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Bodeans Fans
"i night was fine"
quick 1 night stay
1 night trip Mar 22, 2015
"I think it's ok!"
This is a convience and clean hotel, close to UCB .
"perfect stay"
Parking here its free. we ask to leave our car after we check out too and took at later 6pm. staff was really helpful and safe and peaceful environment.
3 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
"super"
nice motel with friendly staff. safe area and motel service is very good. pleasant sleep at night and free continental breakfast in morning. we will go back and stay again if we are around berkeley.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Clean, comfy."
I've stayed before. Neighborhood is a bit sketchy, but lots of students walking everywhere, so it's a mix. Hotel not impressive to look at, but room clean, comfortable, with micro and fridge. A good buy in Berkeley. Staff very kind.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Deborah
"Good value especially for visiting UC Berkerley"
Close proximity to UC Berkerley, that's what we need the room for. Nice front desk service, especially the fact that they allow us to leave the car at the hotel after check out until 3pm. Late check in without any problem. Simple but adequate breakfast with cereal and yogurt. Comfortable room. Will be back if in the area again. Thank you.
1 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
"Good value, questionable service"
Reasonable hotel for the budget. However, I was disappointed with the staff member on reception who seemed more interested in continuing his telephone conversations than assisting paying guests.
1 night trip Mar 2, 2015
Simon
"nice welcome on this motel."
friendly and helpful staff. when we went to check in we were at 1pm and the front desk staff roy said check in time is at 3pm. and anyway he went out to check the room which is ready and he gave a room which was ready ad same time. perfect starting welcome on motel. room was nice and breakfast was also good on there own separate breakfast room. we will stay back again...
6 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
"nice hotel"
i stayed here for 7 nights. it was a wonderful experience. nice room and good surrounding.
7 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2015
"Acceptable"
It is an acceptable place to stay conveniently located close to UC Berkeley. The apartment was clean, though the 80s design and fabrics made it feel a little tired. Staff was helpful, but breakfast was underwhelming.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Super8Berkeley"
Good location.Good value.
2 night trip Feb 18, 2015
Geoffrey
"Good value for the price"
Approximately 5 blocks away from downtown where all the restaurants are. Quick and gentle welcoming.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Frederic
"Quick stay"
I was there for a few days for business. Hotel was clean was perfect for my short stay.
2 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Robin
The old school wall heater wasn't working, but a space heater was provided.
"Can walk to town"
Small but clean room. Remodeled bathroom with an excellent shower. Breakfast was minimal but sufficient. For the price, an excellent choice.
"Superior Super 8"
One night stay; room was very cozy, comfortable, and clean
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Jaunell
"Misinformed student gets screwed"
While checking in I was requested to provide a $300 deposit because I was a student. I asked why wasn't this mentioned online? He had no response. I paid in advance only to cancel. And I have yet to receive my refund. I've been given a run around. I'm disappointed .
1 night trip Feb 8, 2015