All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
1619 University Avenue, Berkeley, CA, 94703, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Super8Berkeley"
Good location.Good value.
2 night trip Feb 18, 2015
Geoffrey
"Good value for the price"
Approximately 5 blocks away from downtown where all the restaurants are. Quick and gentle welcoming.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Frederic
"Quick stay"
I was there for a few days for business. Hotel was clean was perfect for my short stay.
2 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Robin
The old school wall heater wasn't working, but a space heater was provided.
"Can walk to town"
Small but clean room. Remodeled bathroom with an excellent shower. Breakfast was minimal but sufficient. For the price, an excellent choice.
"Superior Super 8"
One night stay; room was very cozy, comfortable, and clean
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Jaunell
"Misinformed student gets screwed"
While checking in I was requested to provide a $300 deposit because I was a student. I asked why wasn't this mentioned online? He had no response. I paid in advance only to cancel. And I have yet to receive my refund. I've been given a run around. I'm disappointed .
1 night trip Feb 8, 2015
"Comfortable and Convenient"
It is a good central location, the room was clean and comfortable, in an older style but not old. Though small it had all the necessities, included a fridge and microwave. The breakfast was a pass.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2015
"Super Bowl stay"
For our needs, this was a more than adequate place to stay. It is not some high-priced, upscale motel but I have no complaints as to its cleanliness, location and so on. It was a place to stay while we visited in the area. The rooms, which I believe were all renovated in 2011, were comfortable, the bathrooms clean. Very basic but so what.
4 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
Manley
"Nice Small Rooms"
The hotel was nice. The room was small, but perfect for just myself and maybe one other. Nice bathroom with what seems like a renovated shower and sink. I'd come back again.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
"Would stay here again"
I needed an overnight stay for a conference in Oakland and this worked great. This place was a 15 minute drive from downtown Oakland. Everything was clean and comfortable, desk personnel were welcoming and courteous, heater worked, shower hot (no tub),bed comfortable, I was very satisfied. I didn't really see the neighborhood till morning and saw some interesting shops across the street, lots of restaurants . I would stay there again.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
Doris
"Super 8 Motel, Berkeley"
The motel is run down but clean, and priced accordingly. We never saw any staff except at check in.
3 night trip with friends Jan 27, 2015
"Decent, inexpensive proximate to SF"
Close to SF, relatively inexpensive, good basic lodging
1 night trip Jan 27, 2015
Gordon
"Clean, cheap, convenient."
Clean, cheap, convenient.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
thank you for your kind visit. we rember you sir, you have a late cbheck in. you have a work on next day at early morning so you would be at motel around 11 so you want an hour late check out. that was fine. we welcome you tp come back again and have a wonderful day again. with much respect, management.
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Samuel
"Super 8 Downtown Berkeley"
This hotel is located right in downtown Berkeley within easy walking distance to many restaurants and the Downtown Berkeley and North Berkeley Bart station. The hotel staff were attentive and accommodating. We were staying for longer than a week and the hotel staff selected a room for us in the single story portion of the building so it would be most quiet for our extended stay. They offer a simple breakfast of cold cereal, toast, yogurt, juice and coffee. Room is comfortable with nicer newly updated bathroom. Only complaints are that the pillows are not the best quality and that the fitted sheet didn't really stay on the mattress through the night.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
we are happy that you stayed in our motel and sorry for inconvinence. if you were not feeluing comfortable with pillows in a room then if you would have come to front desk then we would give you a another pillow. our breakfast time is at 7-10am so you are mostwelcome to have a free continental breakfast. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
2 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
"as expected"
What you'd expect, usual problems plus a diir stop that would not stay up making it difficult to shut the door. Overall, what I expected for the price at this location
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for your kind vist in our motel. we remember you saying us that dryer was not working so we gave you a new dryer with in a min in your room. sorry for inconvinence sir. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay, with much respect, management.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2015
DEREK
"WoW"
never mind whatever you get problem in hotel or in room. the hotel staff will solve it soon. parking space was full but hotel staff called one of the guest right away to take his car to street. he said its free upto 9 am. later i knew that group guest have a 3 car and the have only one room booked. i was so happy with the staff service. so professional and kind. love you stay back there again.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for your staying in our motel. we are happy that our staff deal with you very professionally. we thank you to let us know about your problem so that we are able to fix it and keep our guest happy. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"deserve 5 star"
great costumer service. always keeps guest happy in hotel.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
we are located at 1619 university ave. our motel environment is nice and convinent. we welcome you to come back and stay in our motel again. with much respect, management.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"good choice"
i was here for coule a day. we check in at around 1pm. hotel staff was friendly and helpful. it took only 2 min for check in. room was clean and comfortable bed to have a decent sleep. will revisit this place.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
thank you for your kind feedback of your stay sir. we are happy that you liked our room and our service. we are happy that our staff was good with you. we welcome you to come back again and have a super stay, with much respect, management.
6 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
"Enjoyment tour"
comfortable!!! good option in berkeley location. great price and perfect service.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
we remember you staying in our motel sir. you were asking about a good resturent near ba on walking distance. as our recomendation you had a dinner and you thank us for recomendation or resturent. we are happy that you had a good experince in our motel. we welcome you to come abck and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, managemenet.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
"super 8"
perfect!!!
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
we are happy that you liked your stay with us. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, managemenet.
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2015
kirit
"Plain motel in downtown Berkeley"
We were allowed to check in early, which was needed. The place is a plain motel on a busy street. Fortunately there is a pizza place across the street. Breakfast was available in the motel office, but somewhat cramped.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. we are located at 1619 university ave, berkeley. we are just 5 block away from uc berkeley. pizza place and lots of good resturent are near to our motel and bart station is on 8 min on walk. we have a continental breakfast between 7-10am. we welcome you to come back again and have a nice stay. with much respect, managemenet.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Ralph
"Not the worst - Not the best"
Ended up here because my 1st choice was booked. The room was about as good as it can get considering the age of the hotel. The rooms are in need of a remodel. Paint,new carpet, white, fresh bedding and new window treatments would make it a much better smelling experience.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Sorry for inconvinence sir. we are happy that you choose our motel to stay. we have a free continental breakfast which is between 7-10am inour breakfast room. we ahve a free parking space for our guest and our motel is in good neighbor. we have recently remodel our motel with a unique shower and good paint. we welcome you to come abck and have a wonderful stay in our motel. with much respect, management.
1 night family trip Jan 14, 2015
"Decent budget hotel"
Accommodations were basic, but clean. Its a 10 min walk to the subway, which makes the location reasonably convenient if you need to go into SF. My only complaint was that I booked basic room, but they upgraded me to the suite which has three beds (not at my request), and told me that I was only allowed to use one of the beds or I would be charged. I had no reason to use more than one bed, but I should be able to use the full room that they give me.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel sir. we are happy that you stayed in our motel and have a wonderful stay. we are located at 1619 university ave. we are just 5 block away from university. subway, trade and joes and many good resturent are near by to our motel. we welcome you to come abck again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
Jaimie
"Safe, clean and comfortable"
I have some confidence that Super 8 provides a safe, clean, comfortable room. This Super 8 did all that, but Berkeley is a city and the urban vibe is very close here. I made it a point to be in my room by 11:00 and all was well. I was being extra cautious since i was traveling alone.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thnak you for choosing our motel in a town, we are happy that you had a plesent stay in our motel we do have a free continental breakfast in our motel and our parking space for our guest is free. we have a good neighbor, you can have a walk around at night time too. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful night, with much respect, management.
4 night trip Jan 12, 2015
MEG
"park and walk"
down the street from the University, stores and restaurants are close, small cars our best for the area,no parking and walking.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for your kind visit to our super 8 in berkeley. we are just 5 block away from univversity. you can easyli walk to university and a bart station is a lso on 8 min on walk from our motel. parking is free in our mote. we welcome you to come back and have a wonderful stay, with much respect, management.
2 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
Ronald
"Check for damages first"
Very clean and comfortable. quiet neighborhood. The only problem was paperwork. At that time I signed to pay for any damages in the room without seeing it first. The walls and desk had very noticeable damage. I informed them about them after check in and before checking out. The front desk keeper told me I should have no problems out of them. And at the present time I have not
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
We remember you sir, you came at mid night to let us know about the room. it was all ok sir. we are happy that you stayed in our motel and had a wonderful stay. we are located at 1619 university ave. thank you for complementry of our neighborhood. we welcome you to come back agian and stay in our motel. with much respect, management.
1 night trip Dec 25, 2014
"Affordable and Convenient"
Convenient location right on University Avenue with many dinner options within walking distance. Hotel was acceptably clean with updated bathroom. Though the bathroom was updated, the showers are black granite and very dark. Comfortable beds and TV access. Basic cold continental breakfast. Overall, exactly what was expected for the price.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
we have good neighborhoos and super market and the resturent is nearby in an walking distance. we have recently updated our motel, we ahev a 32" flaat tv in a room.and our breakfast time is 7-10am and its all continental food.thank you for your kind visit. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
THE STAFF WERE UNFRIENDLY, UNPROFESSIONAL. OUR ROOM WAS SO NOISY BEING ON THE STREET SIDE. ROOM HEATHER SOUNDED LIKE INDUSTRIAL MOTOR THAT WAS RUNNING AND KEPT US UP ALL NIGHT. MOST OF ALL, STAFF'S LACK OF SERVICE AND UNPROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE REALLY MADE THE STAY UNPLEASANT.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
sorry for inconvinence. we were just saying you that our room is non smoking and no pets allowed. for that we take a cradit card details as a incendental sir. sorry for missunderstanding. we checked out heter next morning but it was fine. we welcome you to come back and have a nice stay. with much respect.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
SEOUN
"super 8"
hotel is in very good location and good neighbor. clean and comfortable.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for your complementry about our service. we are located at 1619 university ave. we have a very quite and peace environment. we welcome you to come back againand have a wonderful stay, with much respect, management.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"super stay"
wonderful stay.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
we appricate your kind visit in our super 8 sir. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
2 night business trip Dec 27, 2014
"business"
clean and comfortable, walking distance to uc berkeley.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
we are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. yes sir, we are just 5 block away from us berkeley and bart station is just 8 min in walk from our motel. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
1 night business trip Dec 27, 2014
"pleasent stay"
close to the bart station and best place in town.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
we are just 8 min away from bart station sir . thank you for staying in our motel and we are happy that you had a wonderful stay. we welocme you to come back and have a nice stay... with much respect, management.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
"Disappointing!"
Other guests were frequently noisy in many ways. Heard loud talking and thumping bumping noises either late at night or very early in the morning 5 out of my 6 nights stay. Had to have the hair drier and iron replaced (not working) and the parking lot didn't offer enough parking spaces for the number units there. This is the first time I've ever given a review for a lodging stay, so I hope that says it all.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Sorry for the inconvinence sir. we remember you staying in our motel. when we heard that your room iron was not working we just replaced in 2 min sir. and it is a old bulding so we have a no control in guest noise so when you said next morning that you got a noice problem we just changed your room. sorry for inconvinence. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, managemenet.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"best place in town"
nice and clean room. breakfast time was 7-10 am which we cannot have because i have to leave early. friendly staff. will come back again.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for your complementry about our staff. we are happy that you have a pleasent stay in our motel. and yes our breakfast time is 7am to 10 am and its contental food. and we also have a free parking. we welcome you to come back and have a nice stay.
5 night trip with friends Dec 15, 2014
"terrible place, terrible staff"
the staff is terrible and unprofessional, make me feel that I owe him lots of money. no smile and greeting at all. the room is very small and looks like unclean. feel awful when stay there.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
sorry for miss understanding.when you book a reservation throw third party you will get the payment folio from them. we are sorry for inconvinence. if you have boked a reservation direct through our super 8 then we would be able to give your payment folio. sorry for missunderstanding. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful day. with much respect, managemenet.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"super 8 berkeley"
it was a comfortable stay in this hotel. quite and clean. staff was helpful and friendly.will go back again.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. we are happy that you liked your stay with us and have a pleasent stay. we welcome you to come back and have a super stay. wityh much respect, management.
1 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
"Dismal shambles!"
This hotel even looks miserable from the outside, nothing you want anyone to know you are staying at. It's in a sad, depressed looking area and it doesn't get any better when you enter the room. The maid couldn't be bothered to put out fresh toiletries, the towels were full of holes, and the noise level coming in off the street was unbelievable. The last straw was when a clothing item disappeared from my room and the "manager" was rude and unable to do anything about it. After the third fruitless call to the front desk in this matter, I wedged a chair under the door because I felt so uncomfortable. No hotel should be such a dismal shambles!
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Sorry for inconvinence madam, we remember you were staying in room 109. you were saying your white shirt was missing from your room. we understand you to ask at front desk about it. but there is no chance to lost of cloth to room. our hotel manager will be in 24 hour duty and you said ther room towell was hole on it. we just recently changed all the towell and there is not any possible to be like that you were saying. sorry for missunderstanding. our house keeping are keen on there work. sorry for inconvinence. with much respect, managemenet.
3 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
"Close to business"
My stay was pleasant the room was very comfortable.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. we are happy that you liked your stay in our motel. we have a free continental breakfast in our kotel and we have a free parking service in our motel. we welcome you to come back and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, managemenet.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Priscilla
"better then the neighbors"
Not a bad place, stayed at another hotel the next night because they were booked, I really wish I could have stayed here another night, the room was much cleaner, larger and cheaper than the near by competition I experienced
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. we remember you that you want to over stay for one more night. sorry about that sir but we were already booked. we welcome you come back again and have a super stay. with much respect, management.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Clean room, good deal for a night."
Good deal for one night. Small room, with every possible amenity packed into its limited space. Pleasant, helpful staff. Breakfast OK--nothing special. Dicey West Berkeley location, but we knew that in advance. The managers are very security-conscious, so that's good.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying on our motel. we are happy that you liked your stay in our motel . we are located at 1619 university ave. we are just 5 block away from university and bart station is just 8 min on walk from our motel. we have a free contonental breakfast. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
Judith
"Bad Pillows"
We were there for a night. The bedding are OLD. Small dirty pillows need complete replacement. The bedding not professionally prepared for new occupants.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. sorry for inconvinence. we just recently changed the pillow and our house keeping are good on there work. we welcome you to come back and stay in our motel and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Not a 3 stars....maybe 2!"
Expect a very deteriorated room, furnished with old furniture, painted in dark beige color, not well illuminated and definitively not clean.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. we are sorry for the inconvinence.we check all the room service and its cleanliness before we give a room to our guest. if you feel any unclean in your room then if you have said in front desk then we would happy to change the room. we are sorry for inconvinece. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, managemenet.
Marcel
"Good Place"
The reception folks were very nice. I picked this place because of the reviews. Had a very nice stay.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. we are happy to get feedback from you about our front desk staff. we welcome you to come back againa and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"Functional Accommodations"
This motel provided convenient and functional accommodation at a reasonable price. It was not beautiful nor excessively inviting. I would not have enjoyed having to stay in my room for extended periods during the day.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
THank yoyu for staying in our motel. we are happy to know that you liked your stay in our motel. we remember you sir staying over in room 110. sir you came at around 11am at the time check out and we were soldout but due to some one canceled we are able to give you. we said you the rate of the day and our front desk staff gave you 20% discount of staying over too. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, managemenet.
michael
"recommended"
convenient, comfortable, courteous staff, very good value
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel. we are happy to know by you that you liked our service and enjoyed your stay. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
3 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Don't expect to sleep."
Noisy. Paper thin walls and if you are unlucky to be on the first floor, upstairs sounds like a performance of Riverdance. Definitely request upstairs if you can. Room next door partied until 3am and then left the TV on after that. Don't expect to sleep if you have inconsiderate neighbors. Otherwise, decent price, clean room and nice staff. Could be a great stay if neighbors are respectful, but if not, you won't sleep.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
thank you for staying in our motel. sorry for inconvinence. we dont rember you saying us any think like that mam. if you have feel any inconvinence in our sleep the you would say us at same time so that we could fix that situation. we are sorry for inconvinence. we welocme you to come back and have a wonderful stay. with much respect, management.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"close to university"
we were there for berkeley and sf tour. hotel price was better then other on berkeley and it was so close to berkeley downtown. we walked in about 15 min. running good business. love this place and stay. surely will go back.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for choosing our motel. we are just 5 block away from university and bart station is just 8 min away from our motel. bart takesd 30 min to reach to sf. we are happy to know that you liked our service and will come back again. we welcome you to come back again and have a super stay. with much respect, management.
2 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
Bryan
"Friendly owner"
it was a great stay. we were there for our anniversary celebration and we stayed in this motel. the Owner gave us a warm welcome. surely we will come back again stay in this hotel.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel;. we are happy that you liked your stay in our motel. we are happy to know an good event you celebrate in our motel. we give you a warm welcome to come back again and stay in our motel. with much respect, management.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Fernanda
"great"
great service and perfect management. good for staying for nice stay... gives service everyday and helpful staff.
Response by Super 8 Berkeley
Thank you for staying in our motel sir. we are happy that you liked our service and had a wonderful stay. we give service everyday and if you dont want service any day you can put do not disturb sign outside the door. we are happy that our staff was good with our guest. we welcome you to come back again and have a wonder ful stay. with much respect, management.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014