All hotels in Jamaica, New York, United States of America
164-40 Hillside Ave, Jamaica, NY, 11432, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.9
Location was ideal; I have no complaints. The staff was friendly. Could not connect to the wifi hoping my next stay we can correct that.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"Nice decent place for temporary stay."
King size room with internet, parking n breakfast. reception is available 24 x 7.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Peeyush
"Great One Nighter"
I stayed here one night because of an impending snowstorm, and this place was within walking distance to my job. The room was small, but suited my needs adequately. I would definitely stay here again if the need arose.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
TANYENI
"Inexpensive, clean hotel convenient to JFK."
I needed a hotel close to JFK for a 12-hour layover, I chose the Ramada for the name and excellent price. Jamaica is not a bounty to the eye, the hotel is nondescript from the outside and the interior public spaces are worn in. However, the man at the front desk was quick, attentive and answered all of my questions, and the room was clean, cozy, comfortable, and everything worked. I'd stay here again without hesitation.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Tad
just the air conditioner made the room so dry!!But it could be freezing without air conditioner. Need sort of trade off. the others were excellent!
2 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Jun
"Friendly Staff, Great Stay."
Staff was very friendly, enjoyed my stay.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
Umair
"An average grade hotel"
Room size is small and congested, entrance and lobby is unpleasant, feel like a poor place. High speed internet and breakfast is good.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Ahsan
"One of my all time best !!"
This Ramada is one of my all time best in clenliness, customer service, and comfort. Did not get to explore the area, but with 2 subway lines and a LIRR hub within a few block of the hotel, location is perfect. A great value for the price.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
Christopher
"My experience"
The hotel staff is very friendly. I had reservations for another day but got their early and they accommodated me with a change in reservation. The room was clean. Had a nice get away with my husband.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
"Too Compact"
The rooms are too small and crowded with furniture.
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
ezutah
"6 parking spots"
Night front desk employee was rude and unprofessional. They gave 6 parking spots and they have no clue or suggestion where to park in the area. Breakfast was very average.
1 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2015
Kahina
"NOT SOOO BAD"
The hotel sheets had holes in them. Not so comforting.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Cynthia
"free parking - for the first six check-ins only."
kind of a grungy old hotel in Queens. carpets stained. room size okay. free breakfast unremarkable. close to MTA subway so you don't have to hang around the hotel. The listing says free parking but we were very lucky checking in Sunday night. by Monday the 5-6 spaces were gone and stayed gone, so everyone else was looking at $39 plus per day for parking somewhere else. I'll shop around if I can for my next visit!
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
iowa
"pleasant"
I had a pleasant stay, the staff was pleasant the hotel is really clean
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
philomine
"Small New York budget hotel"
Decent new years price. Small layout though. King room was very small. Elevator is loud especially on the top floor. One single elevator for the 10 floors. Breakfast is average and employees aren't anything special. Biggest complaint was the lack of parking. If the 8 parking spots are full, you are forced to park on the street and deal with New York parking enforcement.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
ajcadoo
"bad"
Staff was friendly. Room had bugs.
4 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
The staff were friendly. The sleeping area was comfortable. Unfortunately, hair was found in the bathroom floor, tub and sink.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Room was to small, no parking space, no curtain"
Awaken late at nite to more my car to make room for an SUV that couldn't fit in a space for only one car.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
joe
"Don't Stay HERE"
I was not very Happy with this Hotel, first there is no where to park they have some scimppy old parking lot that holds about six vehicles. Then on top off that I got a parking ticket for $45.00 cause I had to park on the street the day afther Christmas.The ice machines on the floors didn't work and the elevator to small and aslways crowed. never again!!!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Reeder
"Nice hotel with great staff close to subway."
Check in was easy, room was clean with nice pillows. Would like CNBC as a cable channel.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Smile Ramada Inn!"
The overall experience was okay. The neighborhood was fair. People live at the hotel. The breakfast was fair. The room was okay. They have only 6 parking space there .The staff needs to be cordial when you greet them." Good morning"! They don't greet you back and don't smile.They ask for a credit card deposit or money $50.00 .You must ask for it back. You already paid in full. No restaurant .
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Toni
"Pleasantly surprised!"
I was pleasantly surprised how big the rooms were. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I wasn't particularly thrilled about the location but it was only about 4 blocks to the subway which made commuting to the city an easy task.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Cali Girl
"Convenient to St. Johns University"
Had to park on street and feed meter for first 3 hours. No parking in tiny hotel lot (I was forewarned that spaces were limited). Every floor had a non-working soda/water vending machine; had to go to lobby in middle of night to buy a $2 bottle of water. No cups or glasses in room for tap water. Room was quite chilly when heat was off but then was VERY dry when heat was on.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
AB
"Good Hotel. Two Blocks from Subway Train."
Great Price. Free good breakfast and free Wi-Fi. Secure. From 25 to 30 minutes from Manhathan and 15 minutes from JFK airport vía Air Trainusing the Metro.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Dardy
"Inadequate Parking"
While hotel was "adequate", the parking situation is bad (described on Expedia as "limited"). They have 65+/- rooms, but maybe parking for 15 cars, and if you park on the street, you need to move it at either 8:00 or 8:30 am for street sweeping, or you get a ticket from the roving enforcement people. Why they do not have an arrangement with the funeral parlor across 165th street (which a has a large gated lot), or with the gas station across Hillside Ave., is beyond me. .Although I think there is a subway stop at Hillside Ave. in the 160s, I still think most guests arrive by car and go through the same firedrill that I needed to go through for two days. My first day I drove around the neighborhood for thirty minutes before finding a one hour meter on 165th down the block from the hotel. Both days we left the hotel in a rush, earlier than we wanted to. A neighbor said you could park for $6.00 a day in a garage a half block away on 165th, but neither desk clerk offered that information. They just said 'you need to drive around and find your own parking'. When I asked for a receipt (showing no balance, because I booked through Expedia), I was rebuffed, and told to get it from Expedia, because I paid Expedia and not the hotel. When I arrived they took a picture of my credit card (knowing I was prepaid), so I wanted confirmation that I had no bill with the hotel (no "extras" seemed to be available) and again the clerk declined and went back at his laptop. Unlikely to return.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Sandy
"2nd time staying here. Pleased once again."
Front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant! Room was very clean and spacious.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Ann
"4 out of 5"
I enjoyed my stay very convenient
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Shaunda
"Clean hotel"
The hotel was nice and clean and the service was great!
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
Overall it was good for price I paid. The room I was given was at 1st floor and so I heard the traffic noise as hotel is at corner of intersection.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"Need to get it together"
The tub was so stained with dirty. The man came to clean it but it's still strained with dirty at the bottom. It was hard to take a shower never mind the fact a bath. I went to the store and brought tub cleaner that did not help
1 night trip Nov 13, 2014
"Convenient hotel for a short trip"
Overall, I like to stay at the Ramada and have been for many years. My only feedback is that they need to update the rooms and facility. I usually come in the colder months and the heaters are old. For the high nightly rates for a hotel chain, I feel like they should have improved their rooms after being in this location for so long. I would definitely return to this hotel location as it is very convenient to the trains and shopping areas.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Asif
No parking. Not clean.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Good deal. Close to the city."
The hotel is located about 45 min subway ride from the city, two blocks away from the subway station. The neighborhood appeared lower income but felt very safe. Two friends stayed on a weekend trip to the city. This was by far the best deal we could get in the area with two beds. On a long weekend Saturday night, the rate was $350 while anything comparable in the city was well over $800. Would definitely go back.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
"Overpriced with torn carpets & broken chair."
Broken couch & torn carpets in room. When i asked to change the chair. I was told by emploees that owner doesnt change it even if they tell to change after complains rcvd from guests. Breakfast basic with no place to sit usually. Overall not good for the money they ask, specially at the weekends. Overpriced!!!
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
"Not really satisfied"
The stay was not really satisfactory. Since it was next to the fire staircase on the 2nd floor they was a lot of hustle which kept me alert of nuisance happening in the lobby. I would recommend Ramada if you want to have a pleasure trip. I have been to other Ramada Hotels too, but this wasn't up to the mark and never maintained the Brand. I mean if you add in 20 bucks more you may get a good deal at Hilton. Totally not worth the tariff. I mean seriously $150 for a lodge?
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Abhishek Jadhav
Not in good location.. Hotel is below average.. I don't think I am going stay here again..
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Queens hotel"
We were staying in queens for a concert at Forrest hills. My brother is in a wheelchair and I ordered a handicapped room for him. It was not a handicapped room. He could not reach the bathroom with his chair nor was the bathroom handicapped. Expedia should not have allowed this reservation to go through. Also, parking is limited to first come first served. Room for myself was decent enough for the city and price.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
mike from PA
Could not sleep well because of the noise from the road.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Shady"
I rounded the block several times before finding the hotel. Once locating it I found only about 10 parking spaces in their small lot (I was grateful for any parking at all!). The rooms have virtually no insulation as noted by my neighbors fighting like they were in my room. I was woken up at 5am from one of their tirades. I wouldn't come back here even though it was clearly one of the cheaper options. You do get what you pay for here.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
Brandon
Not bad.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
E a q
"Terrible right from the start"
First we could not get through to this hotel by calling the number listed on our reservation. We must have tried 5 or 6 times before actually reaching a person. Next, when we arrived late at night, there was no parking at the hotel and we were told we must move our car by 8 am in order not to get towed. The conditions of the hotel were terrible, dirty carpeting and marks on walls,and the room was very average. It seems like nothing has been done to improve conditions for a long time. Then to top it off, went to get ice in the machine close by, and there was no ice. The location of this hotel is awful only getting to it by driving around the block on a one way street. Sorry, but we would never recommend this hotel to anyone. In need of great improvement in all areas.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
H & N
"Hotel needs work"
No uniform on cleaning person, had slippers on. Breakfast needs to be better. hotel is looks dirty (lobby) disorganized. Fat man in slippers hanging out in hotel entrance. Parking no lines disorganized. Trash on side walk and parking lot.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Ramon
Nice hotel but lack of parking was a issue. Had to park on street and use the mteters to avaoid getting a ticket.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"It was nice staying here - attending the Tennis"
It was nice staying here- attended the USOpen tennis tournament and was thrilled to be at Ramada. We spent the whole day at the USOpen and came here tired at 11pm and Ramada was the best.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"No parking"
This hotel has only 8 parking spaces. I received two parking tickets in one day. I parked on the street like hotel staff said I should!
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"nice oasis"
decent place to lay your head if you're in the SJU area. Neighborhood is not the greatest but this place was a welcome oasis. AC worked great and the room was bigger than anticipated.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Metta World Peace
"Hotel is close to Jamaica Ave ( shopping complex)"
Got in early and was able to check in a little early. The rooms are suitable for the purpose of short stays but the cleanliness of the place leaves a lot to be desired. I felt despondent just looking at the carpet and that I would suffocate.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Drue
"Welcome Home"
Came home for a visit and this hotel did not stand in the way of my happiness
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Idris
"Gross"
We got the the hotel and luckily got a parking spot in the few spots they did have. When we got up to the room it looked like it had not been cleaned and there were stains and hairs all over the beds. I felt gross even sleeping in them. Thank god we only had to stay there for a few hours
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Convenient"
Stayed one night to see a concert nearby. Exterior of hotel was fine, our room was not very clean- dark brown stains on the walls, something sticky on the desk and a toenail on the bathroom floor. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. There's only one small elevator and the housekeeping staff was always using it, making it impossible for guests to use. We just took the stairs...For the price in NYC I think this is about average.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2014