All hotels in Jamaica, New York, United States of America
164-40 Hillside Ave, Jamaica, NY, 11432, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.9
"bad"
Staff was friendly. Room had bugs.
4 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
The staff were friendly. The sleeping area was comfortable. Unfortunately, hair was found in the bathroom floor, tub and sink.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Room was to small, no parking space, no curtain"
Awaken late at nite to more my car to make room for an SUV that couldn't fit in a space for only one car.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
joe
"Don't Stay HERE"
I was not very Happy with this Hotel, first there is no where to park they have some scimppy old parking lot that holds about six vehicles. Then on top off that I got a parking ticket for $45.00 cause I had to park on the street the day afther Christmas.The ice machines on the floors didn't work and the elevator to small and aslways crowed. never again!!!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Reeder
"Nice hotel with great staff close to subway."
Check in was easy, room was clean with nice pillows. Would like CNBC as a cable channel.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Smile Ramada Inn!"
The overall experience was okay. The neighborhood was fair. People live at the hotel. The breakfast was fair. The room was okay. They have only 6 parking space there .The staff needs to be cordial when you greet them." Good morning"! They don't greet you back and don't smile.They ask for a credit card deposit or money $50.00 .You must ask for it back. You already paid in full. No restaurant .
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Toni
"Pleasantly surprised!"
I was pleasantly surprised how big the rooms were. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I wasn't particularly thrilled about the location but it was only about 4 blocks to the subway which made commuting to the city an easy task.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Cali Girl
"Convenient to St. Johns University"
Had to park on street and feed meter for first 3 hours. No parking in tiny hotel lot (I was forewarned that spaces were limited). Every floor had a non-working soda/water vending machine; had to go to lobby in middle of night to buy a $2 bottle of water. No cups or glasses in room for tap water. Room was quite chilly when heat was off but then was VERY dry when heat was on.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
AB
"Good Hotel. Two Blocks from Subway Train."
Great Price. Free good breakfast and free Wi-Fi. Secure. From 25 to 30 minutes from Manhathan and 15 minutes from JFK airport vía Air Trainusing the Metro.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Dardy
"Inadequate Parking"
While hotel was "adequate", the parking situation is bad (described on Expedia as "limited"). They have 65+/- rooms, but maybe parking for 15 cars, and if you park on the street, you need to move it at either 8:00 or 8:30 am for street sweeping, or you get a ticket from the roving enforcement people. Why they do not have an arrangement with the funeral parlor across 165th street (which a has a large gated lot), or with the gas station across Hillside Ave., is beyond me. .Although I think there is a subway stop at Hillside Ave. in the 160s, I still think most guests arrive by car and go through the same firedrill that I needed to go through for two days. My first day I drove around the neighborhood for thirty minutes before finding a one hour meter on 165th down the block from the hotel. Both days we left the hotel in a rush, earlier than we wanted to. A neighbor said you could park for $6.00 a day in a garage a half block away on 165th, but neither desk clerk offered that information. They just said 'you need to drive around and find your own parking'. When I asked for a receipt (showing no balance, because I booked through Expedia), I was rebuffed, and told to get it from Expedia, because I paid Expedia and not the hotel. When I arrived they took a picture of my credit card (knowing I was prepaid), so I wanted confirmation that I had no bill with the hotel (no "extras" seemed to be available) and again the clerk declined and went back at his laptop. Unlikely to return.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Sandy
"2nd time staying here. Pleased once again."
Front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant! Room was very clean and spacious.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Ann
"4 out of 5"
I enjoyed my stay very convenient
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Shaunda
"Clean hotel"
The hotel was nice and clean and the service was great!
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
Overall it was good for price I paid. The room I was given was at 1st floor and so I heard the traffic noise as hotel is at corner of intersection.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"Need to get it together"
The tub was so stained with dirty. The man came to clean it but it's still strained with dirty at the bottom. It was hard to take a shower never mind the fact a bath. I went to the store and brought tub cleaner that did not help
1 night trip Nov 13, 2014
"Convenient hotel for a short trip"
Overall, I like to stay at the Ramada and have been for many years. My only feedback is that they need to update the rooms and facility. I usually come in the colder months and the heaters are old. For the high nightly rates for a hotel chain, I feel like they should have improved their rooms after being in this location for so long. I would definitely return to this hotel location as it is very convenient to the trains and shopping areas.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Asif
No parking. Not clean.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Good deal. Close to the city."
The hotel is located about 45 min subway ride from the city, two blocks away from the subway station. The neighborhood appeared lower income but felt very safe. Two friends stayed on a weekend trip to the city. This was by far the best deal we could get in the area with two beds. On a long weekend Saturday night, the rate was $350 while anything comparable in the city was well over $800. Would definitely go back.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
"Overpriced with torn carpets & broken chair."
Broken couch & torn carpets in room. When i asked to change the chair. I was told by emploees that owner doesnt change it even if they tell to change after complains rcvd from guests. Breakfast basic with no place to sit usually. Overall not good for the money they ask, specially at the weekends. Overpriced!!!
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
"Not really satisfied"
The stay was not really satisfactory. Since it was next to the fire staircase on the 2nd floor they was a lot of hustle which kept me alert of nuisance happening in the lobby. I would recommend Ramada if you want to have a pleasure trip. I have been to other Ramada Hotels too, but this wasn't up to the mark and never maintained the Brand. I mean if you add in 20 bucks more you may get a good deal at Hilton. Totally not worth the tariff. I mean seriously $150 for a lodge?
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Abhishek Jadhav
Not in good location.. Hotel is below average.. I don't think I am going stay here again..
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Queens hotel"
We were staying in queens for a concert at Forrest hills. My brother is in a wheelchair and I ordered a handicapped room for him. It was not a handicapped room. He could not reach the bathroom with his chair nor was the bathroom handicapped. Expedia should not have allowed this reservation to go through. Also, parking is limited to first come first served. Room for myself was decent enough for the city and price.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
mike from PA
Could not sleep well because of the noise from the road.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Shady"
I rounded the block several times before finding the hotel. Once locating it I found only about 10 parking spaces in their small lot (I was grateful for any parking at all!). The rooms have virtually no insulation as noted by my neighbors fighting like they were in my room. I was woken up at 5am from one of their tirades. I wouldn't come back here even though it was clearly one of the cheaper options. You do get what you pay for here.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
Brandon
Not bad.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
E a q
"Terrible right from the start"
First we could not get through to this hotel by calling the number listed on our reservation. We must have tried 5 or 6 times before actually reaching a person. Next, when we arrived late at night, there was no parking at the hotel and we were told we must move our car by 8 am in order not to get towed. The conditions of the hotel were terrible, dirty carpeting and marks on walls,and the room was very average. It seems like nothing has been done to improve conditions for a long time. Then to top it off, went to get ice in the machine close by, and there was no ice. The location of this hotel is awful only getting to it by driving around the block on a one way street. Sorry, but we would never recommend this hotel to anyone. In need of great improvement in all areas.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
H & N
"Hotel needs work"
No uniform on cleaning person, had slippers on. Breakfast needs to be better. hotel is looks dirty (lobby) disorganized. Fat man in slippers hanging out in hotel entrance. Parking no lines disorganized. Trash on side walk and parking lot.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Ramon
Nice hotel but lack of parking was a issue. Had to park on street and use the mteters to avaoid getting a ticket.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"It was nice staying here - attending the Tennis"
It was nice staying here- attended the USOpen tennis tournament and was thrilled to be at Ramada. We spent the whole day at the USOpen and came here tired at 11pm and Ramada was the best.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"No parking"
This hotel has only 8 parking spaces. I received two parking tickets in one day. I parked on the street like hotel staff said I should!
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"nice oasis"
decent place to lay your head if you're in the SJU area. Neighborhood is not the greatest but this place was a welcome oasis. AC worked great and the room was bigger than anticipated.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Metta World Peace
"Hotel is close to Jamaica Ave ( shopping complex)"
Got in early and was able to check in a little early. The rooms are suitable for the purpose of short stays but the cleanliness of the place leaves a lot to be desired. I felt despondent just looking at the carpet and that I would suffocate.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Drue
"Welcome Home"
Came home for a visit and this hotel did not stand in the way of my happiness
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Idris
"Gross"
We got the the hotel and luckily got a parking spot in the few spots they did have. When we got up to the room it looked like it had not been cleaned and there were stains and hairs all over the beds. I felt gross even sleeping in them. Thank god we only had to stay there for a few hours
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Convenient"
Stayed one night to see a concert nearby. Exterior of hotel was fine, our room was not very clean- dark brown stains on the walls, something sticky on the desk and a toenail on the bathroom floor. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. There's only one small elevator and the housekeeping staff was always using it, making it impossible for guests to use. We just took the stairs...For the price in NYC I think this is about average.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2014
"Fast and easy"
Its a good hotel for a fast stay.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"The cleanliness could be better"
Excellent location but the hotel needs to be more focused on cleanliness
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
"Skip it if you can!"
Arriving at the hotel, I was greeted by burning barrels out in the street the locals set on fire. The "free parking lot" is 6 slots and if they are all taken then too bad. Even though I clearly reserved one type of room, I was downgraded to a cheap horrible smelly room that was hot as hell when I got into it. I called to complain and asked for the room I reserved and the desk said I was in an "upgrade" but clearly I was not. I asked to be put in my original reservation and denied. Horrible. Do not stay here.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Regretful
"Terrible experience"
Hotel staff do not answer the phone. Phone in our room did not work. Neighborhood is dodgy and we did not feel safe in the hotel.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Jules
"Hotel was in part of town that was dilapidated."
Check in was easy. There is a limitation of free parking to approximately 5-7 spots. It on a first come basis. Room was clean and neat but older looking. Air conditioner thermostat set on 60 degrees & ran constantly to maintain a temperature of 75 degrees. We had a nonsmoking room, however you could smell cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation system. Vending machine only present on first floor. Felt safe within my room, however I would not have walked alone on the street. There were multiple homeless people present on 2 block walk to mass transit.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
T.J.
"BAD Experience!!!!!!!!!"
I had a bad night, while the AC was not working very well. I have children who could not sleep well that night. I asked for another room, but they said the hotel if full, NO ROOMS AVAILABLE!!!. After calling them several time, eventually they transfered us to other room, at 3:00 AM!!!!!!!!! I don't know from where they got that room in fully booked hotel?!!!!!!!!!!!. The only good thing that they gave us time to check out at 12:30 pm.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Nice staff, AC not working in room, juice machine broken, light blocker curtains in room falling apart. Bed poorly made, housekeep forgetting to remade bed with blanket, which was found on floor. Pillows need to be replace badly. Bathroom has no shelves in shower, someone broke it off. Great location. Breakfast sucks!
3 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Reasonable choice"
They do not have transportation to and from the JFK airport. The taxi cost is greater than some hotels that are nearer the Van Wyck Expressway. For that reason, I won't return. Otherwise, all ok.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
RocklinDon
No airport shuttle. You have to get a taxi as it is not close to the airport.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Quality of service"
Everything was ok. Only the receptionist need to be professional, I was surprised when I was ck in, she did not say anything to me not even say Hi, I was surprised, she did not learn minimum courtesy? At least receptionist must acknowledge the customer.
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
Rasidul
Extremely helpful and polite staff. Very little on site parking, decent facility and great proximity to Jamaica ave shopping
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Jame
"dangerous neighborhood"
floors are dirty. every ice machine is shut off, two locks on the door--for good reason. i've stayed at hundreds of hotels and this one is the worst
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Good Location reasonable prices"
Rooms have sort of smell which i dont like. Decent rooms otherwise , Staff is great and Helpful. Location is quite close to MTA station , so that was good.
2 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Stay at queens"
6 Parking limited only. Breakfast limited. Room very small, but beds very comfortable. Also, semi clean. Still had chips on my bed and cookie crumbs on floor. Overall it was ok, average. Priced right for New York.
1 night family trip May 21, 2014
Wally
"Convenient location"
Although the hotel is in a convenient location, the hotel stay was not what I expected. There was a huge hole teared on the sofa chair. Couldn't sit in it without falling in and getting stuck in the whole, the walls were dirty, the bathroom was so we hat dirty and towels had stains. The bed itself was uncomfortable and the sheets were hard. Some of the outlets were broken, I couldn't plug my charger in to charge my phone. Overall the price for the hotel did not fit the stays too expensive for a extremely small and dirty room.
Other trip May 24, 2014