All hotels in Waukegan, Illinois, United States of America
4101 Fountain Square Pl, Waukegan, IL, 60085, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"comfortable stay"
the motel was close to the highway and easy to get too
1 night trip Mar 20, 2015
TERESA
"One of the best stays I have ever had"
The hotel and staff went far beyond my expectations. We were there for the Navy Boot-camp Graduation. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms were rummy and updated and clean. They layout of the suit provided an abundance of room for the family to not only sleep but to also relax without being in each others space. We have car trouble and the staff even took very good care of us during our difficulty and helped us get back on the road. There is not enough room to mention everything fantastic about this hotel. If we come back in the area, we will most definitely be staying here again.
3 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Nicole
"Bachelorette Party"
For 5 girls staying in a double suite, it was perfect. The bathrooms are very nice. Lots of closet space. Nice office/desk area. Microwave in the room. There are a lot of negative reviews about the bathroom barn doors, but I actually liked it. Especially like how the toilet and the shower are in separate rooms. And lots of mirrors so we all didn't have to fight over a sink in the morning getting ready. Really good continental breakfast as well. Overall, a very good experience.
1 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
Brittany
"Perfect stay"
The reception staff was amazing - we were there for a Navy Boot Camp graduation - very accommodating - I would recommend to anybody!
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Best place for Navy Graduation"
This place is the best, after being warned by a friend to not stay too close to the Navy Training Center. Waukegan is a very nice area, but still close to the training center, and a much better environment to be in. They have a free shuttle to the graduation, free breakfast every morning, great stuff to eat as well. Staff and folks are very nice, and great places to eat within walking distance. Walmart is across the street, its close to the freeway. If you fly into O'hare its about 33 miles away, find a flat rate cab if you don't rent a car, flat rate is about 50 bucks. I highly recommend this place, and thanks for the great visit to my son's Navy graduation.
4 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Edmond
"happy traveler"
The entire stay was wonderful. I have no complain. I would come back to this hotel again next year.
Evangeline
"grandson's graduation"
great two nights stay. wonderful breakfast. service above and beyond good
jack
"nice stay"
Close to shopping,food close by, and entertainment.
chance
"Nice place, big rooms"
Great place right off the highway. Bathroom doors were "barn-door" style and did not have locks. Something to think about if it is mixed company. Staff was great and place was perfectly clean. Food was good too.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Ronald
"would return to stay again"
I came out foe the Navy graduation and stayed here for the memorial weekend. The hotel was literally on 13 to 14 mins away from the base and it was a very easy commute. We only ate breakfast there once the morning of graduation, but the selection was good. My daughter enjoyed her pancakes. But the staff were really helpful with directing us to good food spots in the area. The rooms were awesome and always cleaned by the time i returned back in the late afternoon. My daugter and i loved our stay and will be returning again for 4th of July weekend.
4 night family trip May 21, 2015
"Good hotel, no privacy in the bathroom"
The Hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and the location of the hotel was ideal since it was close to everything. The only thing I didn't like was that the bathroom doors were sliding doors with no lock, so no privacy.
2 night family trip May 21, 2015
Christian
"Ideal Hotel for Families Visiting Navy Recruits"
We were there for our son's Navy graduation. The location was excellent. We had a nice suite with a sofa and desk in addition to the bed, so our son had space to relax when he was away from the base. The front desk was very helpful with information about graduation and the area. I would highly recommend staying there when visiting the Great Lakes Naval Station.
3 night family trip May 21, 2015
Anne
"Loved it!"
By far the best hotel we've ever stayed in, especially for the price. We are definitely staying here again.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Aimee
"BEST HOTEL"
I actually really enjoyed this hotel. It was really nice I love the room and how the room was all set up. It was very clean!!! I loved the people who worked there as well they were so nice and warm welcoming! When ever I needed help and needed some assistance they gladly was able to help. They keep the hotel so clean and sanitized! and I love the breakfast! I would most definitely go here again!!
3 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Shawneque
"Calm and Peaceful"
Was nice and pleasant. Have strip mall close by and Buffalo Wild Wings too.
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Nagarjuna
"ok"
I ended up moving to another hotel because the pool was inoperable.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Dear Guest, I’m deeply sorry that we disappointed you with the closing of our pool for routine maintenance. I can understand your frustration. This maintenance is necessary to maintain the quality of our hotel and amenities. We did our best to communicate this during the on-line and telephone reservation process as well as posting it on our web-site. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to host you again. Sincerely, Adam Lopez General Manager
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Business"
Stay was good. LG TV's were awful, I couldn't connect my HDMI cable.
6 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
Nice hotel - Clean and the price is good especially since breakfast was included. I would have appreciated it however, if the staff would have informed me that there would be a $40 charge put on to my credit card for a security deposit that I was told would be refundable within 5-10 business days after I called when I returned home after seeing this charge on my card.
2 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Stay here!"
The staff was friendly and available. I would stay here again and recommend it for PIR weekend for Navy families.
3 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Christina
"Good location but disappointed"
This was a nice hotel on the first day. We were there for 3 nights and we did not get room service. We had to call for them to bring towels, empty trash and bring more toilet paper. This should have been done without request daily. No, we did not have the do not disturb s turbo sign up.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Dear mominminn, Thank you for taking the time to write. I appreciate you acknowledging our good location and comfortable room. I’m sorry you did not receive housekeeping service; please forgive our oversight. I regret we left you disappointed. Your feedback is welcome as it fosters improvement for future stays. For this reason, we hope to see you again. Sincerely, Adam Lopez General Manager
mominminn
"Best hotel so far!"
Everything was great!One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in!
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Ameshia
"My Son Graduate from the Navy Acadmey in Chicago"
I was there for my son graduation from the Navy. I enjoyed the suite with our 2 day visit to Chicago. The room was nice and clean and very quite at night which was a plus. I will for sure return if I am every in the Chicago area for a visit.
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
vannetta
"Take the good with the bad"
Everything was great except our tv didn't work for the whole time that we were there. Nothing helped. The food was good at breakfast and our room was very nice.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"refreshing place to stay for navy families."
Fresh smell. Clean linens and towels. Great service.
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
jimmy
"Nice hotel and great service"
The room was spacious and modern and the service was very friendly. There wasn't much nearby other than chain stores and restaurants but it was convenient to my client.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Anthony
"Amazing room, underwhelming pool."
The room was amazing. Super comfortable, clean, stylish, and relaxing. The staff was affable and attentive. The area is a bit sparse, but we were there for a relaxing day not an adventure so we didn't mind at all. The pool room was very lackluster - peeling paint, no whirlpool, much smaller than we thought from the photos. We didn't mind terribly, but it was the only downside to our stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Collins
"great stay!!"
The hotel rooms were more than what I expected. Lots of room did not feel cramped. The showers were wonderful as well.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Showed up expecting a standard room and was presently surprised to find that their standard rooms (for &89) were enormous filled with a full size couch office area king bed and a split bathroom. The hotel staff made sure we were taken care of and as comfortable as possible.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
excellent staff, rooms, and atmoshphere, highly recommend. will stay again for sure.
"Nice modern hotel"
Very nice hotel.
2 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
"Great Stay for Navy Graduation!"
Excellent staff; spacious, lovely rooms; great for the whole family. Daughter and I relaxed in the pool. Daughter and son's girlfriend use onsite gym.
2 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
Jill
"Nice hotel close to Navy Base"
The front desk was very accommodating and helped my husband locate a cab during that terrible blizzard
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
E.D
"family friendly."
Very comfortable. Roomy. Had plenty of room for our porta-crib for our baby. Loved the couch when spending time with our Navy graduate.
3 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
"Bad design"
Any room ending in #22 is next to a VERY noisey elevator shaft. The room layout offers zero commode privacy. This a FEATURE of this chain
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Dear mike N, I’m sorry that our modern room design was not to your liking. Additionally, I regret that noise pollution interrupted the comfort of your stay; please forgive us. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I regret that we left you with a poor impression. Your feedback is welcomed as it encourages change for future stays. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Best, Adam Lopez General Manager
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
mike N
Was there for a navy boot camp graduation. The staff was extremely friendly and the beds were super comfy! The rooms were really clean and spacious.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Staff was unfriendly and common areas of hotel were dirty.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Dear Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. My heartfelt apologies you found our associates unfriendly. Additionally, I regret that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of our common areas. Our associates strive to provide sincere hospitality and we clearly missed the mark. Thank you for your honest feedback which we will use to foster improvement; for that reason, we hope to see you on a return trip. Warm Regards, Adam Lopez General Manager
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Navy graduation stay"
The hotel was nice, but we didn't like the bathroom set-up. The door to the room with the shower let light into the bedroom, so if someone wanted to get up earlier than the rest to shower and get ready, there wasn't a way to keep the bedroom dark. The staff was nice and they were helpful to Navy families.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Dear traveller, Your feedback assists us in our mission to continuously improve our offerings and guest satisfaction, so we thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. I’m happy to hear of the comfort you experienced while staying with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our bathroom layout; I have taken note. On behalf of our entire team, I thank you for choosing us. Please visit again soon. Best, Adam Lopez General Manager
2 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"out of control"
they couldn't keep the other kids in check they were running until after midnight I kept calling the front desk and they did nothing to stop it
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Dear eugene, My sincere apology that unruly and inconsiderate guests interrupted the comfort of your stay. I completely understand your frustrations and share them. We do our best to advise all of our guests of hotel etiquette in an effort to provide everyone with a comfortable stay. Again, on behalf of our entire team – I offer my apologies. Best, Adam Lopez General Manager
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
eugene
"Excellent hotel, very close to the Navy base."
Overall was a great stay with very helpful staff. Very close to the base and other attractions. Nice bar and excellent service at the free breakfast. Pool looked very clean even though we did not use.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Bed comfortable but missed the "clean" mark!"
I felt everything was petty good until I took a shower. I looked up to discover it was not clean, black spots like mold setting in. Need to use Clorox bleach to remove those black spots. The area above the fridge was not clean. The breakfast buffet should serve another meat with the turkey sausage. That brand of sausage was not good. Also, be sure to have adequate tissues in the room, I had only two.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Carolyn
"My choice hotel in the area"
The room was great and so clean! It was different than most hotel rooms which made it fun and it felt like we should have been paying more for the room than we did! The breakfast was ok. The pool was closed for maintenance while we were there. The guy at the front desk wasn't rude but he wasn't friendly either. The hotel was close enough to order Giordano's to our room, and there were many restaurants and stores within a mile. Overall our stay was great and I would defiantly go back again.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
samantha
"Really nice hotel"
Modern, bright, clean and a convenient location. Staff is friendly and knowledgable. Minutes to the Navy Boot Camp.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Donald
"Relaxing stay"
I wanted to get away for a mother/daughter weekend. The ambiance of the hotel was very nice. I was impressed with the rooms and how comfortable the bed was. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was the perfect distance from everything we wanted to do...not to close and not too far. My only recommendation would be to have real plates and silverware for breakfast. It's hard to eat waffles with plastic ware on a styrofoam plate.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
CHRISTINA
"Peaceful and convenient place near naval base"
Great stay at a peaceful and convenient location near the naval base where I was attending Boot Camp graduation. It definitely came through on quality especially for the price. I paid $99 per night so keep your eye out for deals. The elevator for some reason constantly made that annoying "sound" that usually only occurs when the door is held open too long so that definitely needs to be addressed. Other than that everything else was great.
3 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
"Great!"
Stayed for navy bootcamp graduation. Suite was very nice and modern and clean would definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
"Navy BC graduation visit."
We stayed here for the pass-in-review. The hotel had arranged taxi service to the base, that was a huge help! Its an elegant, & clean hotel. Plenty of food places close by & a Walmart across the street. Over all, very pleased with our stay there.
3 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
"Just what we asked for..."
Hotel was very convenient to Naval Base where our son was graduating from Bootcamp. Specific to our needs, clean & hospitable!
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
"Sons Navy Graduation"
We were very happy with our stay for my sons graduation. The staff was so helpful with getting cabs there for us. Great stay we would definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2014
christopher
"Perfect for NAVY GRADUATION !"
front desk was great and helpful, awesome place to stay if going to navy graduation. Next to Walmart, restaurants, and ATM's. Perfect location in Waukegan.
3 night trip Dec 4, 2014
"fantastic room, great location"
stayed for a local event. Staff was friendly, room was clean and big, breakfast had a good selection.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014