All hotels in Waukegan, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4101 Fountain Square Pl, Waukegan, IL, 60085, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Great stay, comfortable but a bit rude."
Great room! Location was alright. Pool was a great temperature for our family. The only negative was when I went to the breakfast area to get our little girl some milk for breakfast, I was heavily scolded by an employee that I didn't have shoes on, stating it was a bar area. Understood, but the employee went a bit overboard with things. Had to move a fake tree out of the way to show me the sign (lol). Otherwise we had a good, comfortable stay.
2 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
"Nice hotel. Close to Great Lakes Navy RTC."
My experience was good although my key cards stopped working twice. Overall it was a very nice stay and they are very accomdating to our sailor.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Marlow
"good location"
we went to Waukegan to Six Flags Great America for the " Fright Fest", we looked for a nice, clean hotel nearby, we found it on internet and it looked great! We liked it being different and colorful, but noticed stains on carpet that should have been cleaned to keep the hotel looking good. Otherwise it was a good place to stay.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Dear Vicky, Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority; I’m glad you enjoyed our good location and ample amenities. Reflections like yours, which highlight what we are doing well and areas for improvement, allow us to monitor and enhance our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host you again soon. Best, Adam Lopez General Manager
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Vicky
"Will stay again!"
Recently stayed with my mother and my sister's. We had a wonderful time. The hotel was very nice. Very comfy beds. We were very impressed by it's unique modern design. Will surely stay again.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Stacie
"First SpringHill visit, but not the last!"
Our family took an unexpected trip to Wisconsin to see a hockey game and we needed to find a hotel for one night on our way home. I always trust the reviews on Hotels.com, so I checked to see what was available at a decent price. We have never stayed at a SpringHill property, but were immediately greeted at the front desk and taking care promptly. Upon entering our room, it was very clean and spacious. Our son commented that he wanted to stay at SpringHill again in the future. We were pleasantly surprised by want a beautifully maintained property this was, and would stay again!
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Very nice hotel."
In town for Fright Fest. Close to everything! Nice breakfast and great fitness room. Would definitely come back!
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Nice Hotel and Great Price"
The hotel was very nice. I travel quite a bit for work and I was impressed with how nice the room was for the price. Very convenient if you are traveling to the Navy base.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
"Close to Six Flags"
Overall really nice. Good breakfast, location, and atmosphere. Some issues with room cleanliness. Sliding door for shower room had white lotion(?) splashed and dried all over it. Could tell it had been there for awhile. Found dirt spot on fitted sheet under pillow near headboard. Didnt find it until the next morning after check in. Grossed me out but what could I do. Even with these small issues, I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Tawnya
"Not what I expected"
The customer service was seriously lacking. Several times we went to the front desk it was unmanned. Our room was small. Water in the shower was majorly hot even at the coolest setting.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
hank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay our guests have come to expect from us. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark with the room size, water temp and service received. Your feedback provides us with the valuable information we need to improve guest satisfaction. We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Adam Lopez General Manager
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"Very Nice Hotel"
Just a little overnight getaway - was very surprised at how nice the hotel was because the area of Waukegan that it's in is not that nice. Would go back.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Adam
"Close to Naval base and restaurants."
Came to see our son graduate from Naval Boot camp. The hotel is centrally located in a very nice area, with easy access to the RTC at Great Lakes. The lounge bar is a great amenity, as well as the free breakfasts served every morning. Even though breakfast was to be provided beginning at 6:30, it was always ready before that time to accommodate early risers. The layout of the rooms is very nice, and my wife loved the unique lighting.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Very pleasant. When asked, staff cleaned the room every day of our stay.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Had a very good stay! Loved the room and breakfast in the morning. We enjoyed ourselves.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Cheryl
"great stay"
It was just a one night stay but it was great. The room was really nice,it was clean very friendly staff. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Claudia
"Would Recommend"
Hotel staff very courteous and accommodating. Room quality was better than expected.
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2014
"Thumbs up!!!"
Nice place to stay. Very clean. Would recommend to others!!!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Vacationist
"Close to Great Lakes NAS"
Nice stay great staff except room smelled like an Ashtray!! Am not a smoker. Was very distracting.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the odor in our non-smoking room; I'm sure that was very distracting. Our goal is to provide comfort and friendly service to all our guests who are away from home; your feedback allows us to monitor how we are doing. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your return trip. Best, Adam Lopez General Manager
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Great for Naval families"
We had a great stay, close to the Naval Base, Six Flags and a huge Mall.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"Highly recommended!"
Excellent hotel for business visit in the Gurnee area.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"Convenient and friendly service"
The hotel was a perfect location for a family anniversary party. Staff is very courteous, efficient and friendly. The front desk person asked if we needed anything as soon as we got up to our room. Nice, modern decor and clean rooms. Comfortable beds too!
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Nice, neat, and clean. Friendly staff! I would stay here again and recommend it to others.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Hotel was a great location for my sons Nay Graduation. Front desk was nice and couretous! Will definitely stay there again!
3 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Angie
"Perfect For Six Flags"
Spent the night here after a long day at the park with the kids and it was perfect. The room was spacious and the kids loved the pool. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was great and much more than we expected. Oh and with Walmart across the street Springhill Suites is a win! I would definetly stay again.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Monique
"Spent $600 to be stressed out on a very important."
My family booked a total of 5 rooms for a family wedding this past weekend. My husband called twice in the weeks leading up to the wedding requesting early check in, late check out and that the rooms be at least near each other. Each time his request was confirmed which was important to us as the wedding was at 4pm and we needed to be at the venue by 3:15 (regular check in is 3pm). All 11 of us arrived at 2pm (the time we were told to arrive on the previous 2 phone calls) and sat in the lobby waiting while staff fumbled around for nearly 30 minutes while we waited and waited and waited. We finally started to make plans on how we would have to get ready in the lobby bathrooms to avoid being late. FINALLY, after waiting we were given our rooms. Everyone one of them was on a different floor. I chose to stay at a hotel and spent over $600 dollars to relax and get ready for an exciting family event and instead was stressed out, running late and spent my time with my family running from floor to floor. The staff was not very friendly and certainly didn't go out of their way to honor our request even after several phone calls. By the time 2:30 rolled around I was in no position to complain because I was already running so late. After the wedding we returned to the hotel for some family time by the pool. I was really trying to put the afternoons events behind me. Upon entering the pool area I found the pool very cloudy and the smell of chlorine was so overwhelming that no one could even enjoy the area. By this time I was so discouraged that I had spent so much money and was so disappointed in my experience we turned in early and planned to check out early and spent time the next day at breakfast. The rooms are nice. Bedding fresh and beds are comfortable. However the air conditioner is so loud when it turns on and off and the windows don't open enough so you can turn the air off. The next morning the hotel continued to disappoint. The breakfast area was so crowded we could
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Dear Barb, I’m terribly sorry for your recent experience; we certainly did not want to leave you with a poor impression. We do our very best to accommodate special requests such as early arrivals, but this is completely dependent upon the departure times of our other guests. I’m sorry we disappointed you and for any stress this caused you. We are constantly working on improving the quality and service we provide. I wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance and allow us to monitor and improve our guest experience. For this reason, we hope to see you again. Best, Adam Lopez General Manager
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Decent Hotel"
If you have to be in Waukegan -- this is one of the few decent spots not luxurious -- walk to Wal-mart for snacks and a few other eateries for full meals in super close walking distance. Free wifi and breakfast make this a good choice
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Dear Vince M, We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our location and amenities. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. Please visit us again on your next trip to the area. Best, Adam Lopez General Manager
3 night trip Sep 2, 2014
"VERY nice with one exception..."
The location and room were outstanding. The only thing, and quite strange to me, was that there is a gap of approx one half to three quarters of an inch between the bottom of the door and the floor. No biggie EXCEPT it allowed all sounds to enter the room with no buffer. We put down a towel along the gap and it worked quite well to stop the noise, but this simple design flaw seems unecessary. Other than that I highly recommend on all other points.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Gene H
The upholstery on the sofa needed to be cleaned but everything else was great. We especially liked the split bath since we were traveling with four.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
Enjoyed the location great room and also continental breakfest was great. Thank you
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Miguel
i enjoyed my stay it is definitely a nice hotel, i really enjoyed the shower! felt spa like.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
jan
"LOVED it!"
I stayed here 2 nights for my son't Boot Camp graduation. Was not expecting a perfect stay since it was not a luxury hotel. You know...if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.... This hotel was $109 per night and it was PERFECT! Very friendly, extremely clean and great location!! Can not recommend highly enough! You will NOT be disappointed!
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Eileen
"Very Satisfied"
A+ Hotel in a nice area. The only thing that I can say negative about our stay is that the mattress pad on the sofa sleeper hadn't been cleaned. Other than that, this is a great hotel. I just hope that it will remain that way. We plan on visiting again soon.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Room was very nice. Very close to shopping and variety of places to eat. Only problem we had was low battery alarm went off on the CO detector in the room at 2am. Front desk came and replaced the batteries. Other than that, we had a great stay!
"Weekend Getaway"
We very much enjoyed our stay at the SpringHill Suites in Waukegan. The accommodations were comfortable and top-notch. This was a overnight stay enroute to our waterpark destination and SpringHill was the perfect choice. The room was comfortable for our family of 4, separate living space area, mini fridge, desk. And shopping nearby for last-minute necessities and close to area restaurants, Six Flaggs, and Gurnee. The hotel was clean, well maintained and staff was friendly and helpful. Free breakfast and wi-fi. The pool was small and we didn't swim, but it seemed clean and the families who were swimming seemed to enjoy it. The fitness center was smaller too, two treadmills, a stairmaster, free weights, but clean and comfortable. All in all, a great stay and we'd come back.
Irene Z.
"Awesome stay!!"
Went to attend RTC naval graduation. Our housekeeper left the sweetest note for our new graduate. Loved the decor, the location, the clean and comfortable rooms. Will definitely return. Thank you for an outstanding weekend Springhill!!
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Judy
We stayed here before departing to Great America. What a nice hotel, super cozy and fluffy pillows. Will definitely stay again if needed and recommended for any passer by's!
Chica Lee
"Beautiful and spacious room"
The hotel room was wonderful and roomy. My family loved the convenience of the 2 bathrooms and the accommodations were very comfortable! The breakfasts were delicious with a nice variety of food and drink.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"Nice hotel by 6 flags and shopping!"
We wanted to stay in a nice hotel in between our day at 6 flags and a day of shopping. This place was gorgeous! It was very clean and super friendly staff! We will be staying there again!!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Kami
Only used while grandchildren where at Great America. Very nice and modern. Interesting design to bath. Staff very nice. A little farther from Great America than expected.
Sandy
"Great Service"
We booked this hotel, because it was 6 minutes to Six Flags and 12 minutes to Bristol Renaissance Faire, our two destinations for our vacation weekend. The room was gorgeous and comfortable for our family of four. The pull out sofa was perfect for our son and the staff brought in a sturdy porta crib for our two year old. My husband and I enjoyed the Luxurious King Size bed!! Great showers with good water pressure. Nice gym for basic cardio. The pool was small, but perfect for kids to splash around and have some fun. Breakfast was amazing!!! Great selections even for those with dietary restrictions!
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Monica
"Navy bootcamp graduation"
Great weekend! Great staff! Comfortable beds, pillows, very welcoming to navy graduate families...would recommend.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Rebecca
Paws down for sons navy graduation. Nice place to stay! Hotel was comfortable and clean
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Excellent! The room was perfect for a family of four- 2 adults and 2 children.
"Retter than I expected"
Excellent stay. Wonderful staff. Outstanding facility and location.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Rudy
"Great Place and Service"
We really enjoyed our stay. Very nice hotel with excellent friendly staff. Very clean and comfortable rooms.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
sharon
"Nice hotel close to six flags."
Hotel room was clean and what was anticipated, however the pool is really small, not enough chairs for parents to sit on and watch kids swim, paint peeling from walls, swim area floor was full of mold, outdoor patio was disgusting full of gnats.
Response by SpringHill Suites by Marriott Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority. Reflections like yours give us areas to improve our guest experience, as well as talking points to commend our staff. I’m sorry to hear our pool area was a disappointment, but I’m happy to know you enjoyed our clean rooms. Thank for taking the time to review your experience and we hope to see you again. Best, Adam Lopez, GM
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Kristen
"Comfy stay"
Great, we wish we could have stayed longer.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
The Marshalls
"Family Vacation"
We were in town for a family high school graduation, to visit friends that recently moved to the north side of Chicago and to take the kids to Great America. The hotel was in the perfect location and the suites gave us more space for our family of 5. The complimentary breakfast was good. We used the pool and the workout room. The kids enjoyed buying treats at the convenience store in the lobby. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Weekend Stay"
Staff was friendly, and the facility was very clean. It was located within a variety of shopping districts, and only 45 mins from Chicago. I had a wonderful stay.
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2014
Ty Fiegel
"Close to Naval Base for Graduation."
The room was fantastic! The split bathroom was so convenient for my husband and I. The size of the room was great! I love the contemporary look of the suite. I will stay at Springhill again!
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Lisa D
"Great Hotel, Great Staff"
Staff is great to help with local places to eat and familiar with Navy Graduation
3 night trip May 30, 2014