All hotels in Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada

"Nice hotel in town"
Thermal stat was working properly, either cold or really hot. I woke up in the middle of night with the heat wave.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"Great stay in Slave Lake"
This hotel was a great place to stay in Slave Lake. Great beds, rooms, breakfast and service! Very clean and quiet! I would definitely say here again!
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2013
C Jarvis
"friendly and clean"
hotel is well situated, the staff are friendly and the hotel was clean
2 night trip May 31, 2013

"Overpriced and not impressed."
The hotel is decent. But the price for what you get is ridiculous. The "hot" breakfast is a joke. They have the cheapest cable package, no movie rentals. The room was freezing cold when we got in there and didn't warm up at all. We stayed there Christmas Eve and the breakfast Christmas morning was bare and stale. We have stayed in cheaper rooms in Slave and we were going to "splurge" this time and got less for our money.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Stuck in a snowstorm but please with the hotel."
I was travelling solo with my 3 young children, we were on our way to edmonton but were stuck in Slave Lake for 2 days due to a snowstorm. The staff were friendly and helpful, even watching my kids for a moment as I ran out to my car! The price is decent and the hotel is in great shape. The rooms were clean and the maids were friendly and helpful as well. The complimentary breakfast included pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausage as well as cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, french toast, bagels, and more. I was very happy with my stay even if I was not happy about being stuck in a snowstorm.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Slave Lake
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Slave Lake. we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay with us.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"Comfortable and Conveniant"
My husband and I stay at this hotel anytime we head out of town. It's a great location being close to Tim Hortons, Sobey's and the Esso Gas station. Staff have always been friendly and as accommodating as possible. The rooms have always been clean and tidy. You will not be disappointed when you stay at the Holiday Inn Express.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Slave Lake
Thank you very much for your kind words and your positive review. we look forward to your next stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express Slave Lake.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Kaitlyn
"Very nice"
Great hotel. Accommodating staff. Terrible wifi connection!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Kattie
"Nice hotel, great staff"
Our stay was very pleasant, bed was comfortable, room was very clean and very quite
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
clean room, as expected, good breakfast, no surprises
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Good room, good continental breakfast"
My room was perfect, nice big floor plan with a big bathroom so i didnt have to squish myself everytime i needed to go. I travel alot for work and most of the time the continental breakfasts i get are awful but this hotel actually had a nice spread. i would definitely come back here when im in the area again
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Slave Lake
we hope to see you again soon and we are more than happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
"Good choice for your stay"
Close to food establishments, gas stations. Very comfortable place , great staff! We always stay here when we are in Slave Lake.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Kaitlyn
"close to shopping"
very friendly staff, clean & quite rooms
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2014
cj
"Very good"
Excellent hotel. Enjoyed stay would stay here again when back in town
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Hotel is newer not brand new but in good condition"
When checking in the front desk clerk must of been new she took quite a long time to input the information even though I had already booked and paid through Expedia, we did not use any of the facilities we only went to our room and left so cannot rate those
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"convenient to highway"
Fine as always. I can always count on the Holiday Inn consistency between hotels. I was just there overnight on my way through but knew that I would get a great nights sleep.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2013
On the Road
"Holiday Inn has the best beds!"
I stayed for one short night. I love how comfy the beds and pillows are at this hotel. I had such a restful sleep.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
Stacy
"Good Night Stay"
Overall I really enjoyed staying at this hotel.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2013
"Good stay"
Slave Lake is not very big, so most hotels aren't far from everything anyway. This hotel is nothing fancy, but we had a pretty good stay. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the hot breakfast was decent. It's not the cheapest place to stay, but definitely a solid one.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
"Would stay there again"
Very nice complimentary breakfast...quiet room...comfortable bed.
Other trip May 3, 2013
"Holiday Inn Express & Suites Slave Lake"
This is the first time I have stayed at this particular hotel in Slave Lake and I was very happy with my stay there. The hotel was very clean, new and the staff very friendly and professional. I found the hotel quiet and was able to get a good night's sleep. I will definitively be choosing this hotel in the future for any more stays in Slave Lake.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2013
Clean, good staff, good breakfast. Fitness room was tiny, and noises travelled well.
Other trip Feb 14, 2013
Tammy
Overall the stay was very good, however I was disappointed that the hot tub was under repair and not available during my stay.
3 night business trip Jan 16, 2013
"Room in the inn"
Place is clean and quiet. Room did have a slight odour of stale beer, but to be expected in a busy work area.
2 night business trip Dec 27, 2012
Tyler m
1 night trip May 4, 2013
1 night trip Apr 12, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Slave Lake

"Typical Holiday Inn Express"
06/24/15 Viajar_de_Alberta Sherwood Park, Canada
This is a generally clean updated hotel in great location. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was what you would expect. Positives:Quite place to stay that is what you expect with every holiday inn express. Negatives: Even though in general everything was clean in the room I keep stepping on food crumbs that blended into the carpet. ( Same Color ) I kept picking them up when it happened and putting them in the garbage. Not sure how often they vacuum but it must not have been before I got the room. The Breakfast I will rate as a 5 out of 10. as it fed me and had an ok variety but didn't wow me. The Fitness Area I will rate at a 1 out of 10 as it would be hard to get in any sort of non cardio workout and the room was so small there wouldn't be much air movement. The Pool / Hot tub area I will rate a 1 out of 10 as they did have a hot tub but it is very small and in a glass closet off the fitness room/closet. I wouldn't use it as it would feel uncomfortable to use with anyone else due to the size.
"Hockey time!"
02/19/15 Mrs_Tommylicious Fort McMurray, Canada
We stayed here on a road trip for a couple of hockey games. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were nice :) The cinnamon roll offered at breakfast was delicious! Loved having a timmies across the street! Would stay here again!
"Very Nice Hotel"
11/03/14 Keith V Calgary
My two night stay was very comfortable. The room was clean and quiet, although the temperature was a little hard to regulate. Holiday Inns in general are my preferred place to stay and this location is consistent with the high level of quality I have come to expect. The location is close to amenities (keep in mind this is a small town). Staff were courteous and helpful, check-in and check-out was very efficient. Highly recommended.
"Stay at Holiday Inn Express in Slave Lake, Alberts"
10/23/14 Les D St. Albert
The room was very clean and tidy, front desk staff very friendly, excercise room was clean, with a treadmill, excercise bike, Eliptical machine, weights/weight bench (room its self was not overly large, Breakfast was included with a good variety of different items available to consume. Hotel itself was very clean, didn't look like it was 6 years old. Tim Horton, Candian tire are withina 5 min . walking distance
"Great Hotel!"
10/21/14 ThatOneBeachGuy Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
We loved the place! The staff was wonderful, and the bed was very comfortable. We have had good luck with the Holiday Inn Express chain of hotels, and this one was no exception. Great breakfast as well!
"slave lake"
08/17/14 dominicanEdmonton Sherwood Park
Prepared Check in attentive staff Quiet and clean rooms Good breakfast Parking can be a problem Juice Tea and coffee all day is much appreciated Available hot tub fitness room and business centre which is nicely equipped.
"Slave Lake Holiday Inn"
08/15/14 Bryan023 Edmonton, Alberta
While on a business trip in northern Alberta, I spent a single night at this location. Overall, I was happy with my choice. The room was clean (including the bathroom) and everything worked as it should. The water pressure and access to hot water was great. I did not use any of the facilities at the hotel, but I did go to their breakfast buffet in the morning. There was good variety, and the hot items were hot and the coffee was good. There also appeared to be enough space to accommodate a fair sized number of people at a single time. The front desk staff were friendly and check in and check out was smooth and quick. The only complaint I had with my stay was the speed of the wireless internet. It was very, very slow, and i found it to be the slowest I have encountered at a hotel in a very long time. Nevertheless, if you are in need of a place to stay in Slave Lake, this is still a good choice.
"Cherry was awesome"
08/09/14 Michael R Grande Prairie, Canada
I checked in this evening and it was noticed that my rate had changed. I have been having a tough week and reassured Cherry it was not her. I initially booked my room for 3 nights at a special rate and I had changed my plans and wanted to make it for two. After receiving help from Jana it was done. I came in and the rates were not what was in the initial reservation and there were no changes noted in my phone call. Anyway I left to go back with the family I was with and ended up making alternate arrangements for accommodations for the second night as the night did get expensive starting Saturday . I want to note how professional Cherry was and hopes that the hotel keeps her as she is definitely an asset to the organization!
"Holiday Inn Express"
08/06/14 OshawaDiver Oshawa
This Holiday Inn Express was up to the same high standard as every other Holiday Inn Express I have stayed at. Clean, quiet and comfortable. The WiFi was free and operated at an acceptable speed. Breakfast was hot and there were enough choices. A little pricey for what you get.
"Typical Holiday Inn"
07/23/14 Dan468 Vancouver, Canada
I like Holiday Inn, and stay in them frequently when I travel. I have stayed in a number of their Express hotels, and like their consistent quality and simplicity. This one was no exception, however the wifi was very poor. You are required to enter a long code into a browser window to sign on to their wifi but it is very flaky! I frequently found that the connection was very slow and was often dropped. As this hotel caters to business people, it needs to have more reliable Internet access.