All hotels in Augusta, Georgia, United States of America
2 10th St, Augusta, GA, 30901, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Delicious food
    Awesome vibe
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Clean
"Will definitely stay here again!"
Very nice hotel with great amenities. Love the restaurant/bar & River Walk area.
2 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
Very nice hotel
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2015
Dwayne
"Great experience!"
My daughter and I were in town for a medical school interview. The hotel staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. We were running late and overstayed our late check out. The front desk people understood and did not demand any extra fee. The waitress in their restaurant was exceptionally nice as well.
1 night family trip Nov 19, 2015
"Best overall in Augusta"
It was a last minute decision to stay in downtown Augusta and I'm glad I did! This was my first stay at a Mariott in several years and I was quite impressed. The location and amenities were ideal for me. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the facility was clean and modern. I will definitely book this hotel again when I return to Augusta next spring. The parking was convenient and they allowed me to leave my vehicle after check out while I went sightseeing. On a related topic, the restaurant was very nice but I would pass on the "includes breakfast" room price (buffet) and eat there from the regular menu for a few dollars more. The food was all very good, just more/ better choices available than those on the buffet.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
Jon
It was great until I realized they charged us $12 for a bottle of water in the room that we thought was free!
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
"Perfect choice for triathlon stay"
Was in town for the 1/2 triathlon and the hotel was the perfect choice. Very accommodating for all the athletes and close to everything. Loved Augusta although she caused me much suffering!
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Denis
"Great hotel!"
This started out as a business trip but was extended to see family too. Very nice, comfortable hotel. We really enjoyed the suite versus a traditional room. The staff was always friendly and helpful if we had any questions. I loved being able to walk out the door to the Riverwalk and being within walking distance to downtown Augusta. We would definitely stay here again.
2 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
"Not impressive"
Overpriced but guess you're paying for the name. Generic room,breakfast buffet was not that tasty and not much different from other hotels. We could have gotten the same exact room elsewhere for half the price. Really nothing special about this hotel. Had to walk half a mile from the registration desk to our suite. Next time we will stay somewhere else.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Edward
Very nice hotel
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Great for people who like to stroll"
We stayed for a night in between soccer games. The location was great. It was close to restaurants and it backs to the river walk. It is perfect for walking tours. The condition of the hotel suites needs improvement though. There was a nice small gym but the indoor pool was dirty.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Thanks Hotels.com!"
Was taking my son from basic training at Fort Jackson to AIT at Fort Gordon in Georgia. Around 5 o'clock he found out he could get a weekend pass. I called hotels.com and they quickly found me a room at the Marriott in downtown Augusta. The room and hotel were perfect and so was the location. We had plenty to do and enjoyed our stay.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Jacqueline
"I'll be back..."
One night only
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Awesome experience. My girlfriend love the river view room.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Initial Impression Did Not Last"
When we walked in, we were impressed by the appearance of luxury. But we were given room 666 that was not the King Suite we requested. They switched rooms for us, after I requested our confirmed King Suite, but we were put in a King Suite with the worst view in the entire hotel! The bed was lopsided and the toilet overflowed all over the floor early in the morning. I called for help, and an engineer came to plunge the toilet, but no one bothered to clean it up for us. (Even after calling the Concierge 3 times). We had to clean it up ourselves so we could prepare for a wedding. The foyer bathroom was no better, either. Only 1 stall was usable in the Ladies' bathroom. I asked the Manager for a significant discount for the bother of our room's unsanitary condition with the toilet issue, but he refused, saying that we were checking out anyway. We had over 4 hours till check out! He expected us to live with an unsanitary bathroom for all that time? This was supposed to be a romantic get-away for us and it was ruined. We have stayed at Marriotts all over the USA, but this one was the worst managed one we have ever experienced. Their logo is to "Experience the Marriott Difference", but we don't want to experience the Augusta Marriott Convention Center difference ever again!
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Dissappointed
"Poor customer service"
Arrived exhausted just before midnight. Had email confirmation of reservation through Expedia. Marriott did not have electronic confirmation. Desk staff called Expedia who confirmed reservation but their staff still made me wait over an hour while they got electronic confirmation before giving me a room. I begged them to let me have a room while they figured it out with Expedia to no avail. They placed all the blame on Expedia even though Expedia faxed them a paper confirmation right away! Poor customer service!
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback through the Marriott Verified Review portal. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than excellent. Our goal is to give each and every guest who stays with us an excellent lodging experience and in the case of your stay we fell short. For that again you have my sincere apology. I will share your comments with the staff in an effort to learn and improve upon our delivery of product and service. We hope to see you again in the future at which time we will do a better job. Sincerely, Matthew Ricker Hotel Manager
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
disappointed
"Worst night of sleep"
Had a terrible experience. Booked a one bedroom king suite and was put in a regular room without even being told at the front desk. When I called down, they said they had been booked and that the room you book is not guaranteed. I've never heard that from a hotel before. Then the vending machines were all broken or out of drinks and when I finally got one, it was hot! I also had to complain as there were people in the hallway being extremely loud at midnight while my 4 yr old was trying to sleep. On top of all of that, The walls are apparently paper thin because the people in the next room woke me up doing their business and in the morning while I was trying to get myself and my son packed up and ready, I kept having to turn the tv up because we could again hear the people next door. Definitely not family friendly, maybe if you're a couple and staying in town for the night. They also asked if I would be parking with them, I said yes and she then charged me for parking without advising me that there was a charge. The room service was great but not worth the visit. Never again!
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Erica, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback through the Expedia portal. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than excellent. Our goal is to give each and every guest who stays with us an excellent lodging experience and in the case of your stay we fell short. For that again you have my sincere apology. I will share your comments with the staff in an effort to learn and improve upon our delivery of product and service. We hope to see you again in the future at which time we will do a better job. Sincerely, Matthew Ricker Hotel Manager
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Erica
"Wedding in Augusta"
I reserved a Suite on the Marriott Suite side of the Hotel. I was here for a wedding and the only complaint I have is that it was as fancy as I thought it would be for the cost. I find it to be a bit overpriced for the location and the quality.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Ankoor
Booked this hotel as a "staycation" we live across the river in Aiken. Stayed on Fourth of July and had awesome view of the fireworks on the river from our room. Staff was very nice, room was nice and the location was excellent, within walking distance of downtown restaurants. Only complaint was the layout of the hotel was a bit confusing, with a separate tower for suites.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Not family oriented, focus more on a business sett"
Room small and over priced . No compliment breakfast.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
the short: The room had a weird smell. the renovations were horrible. no work space (a tray table next to the very uncomfortable sectional) the shower doors slid because they were crooked so water leaked every where, the tiles were cracked, the ac didn't work (my room was a sauna) the maids will let EVERY door slam behind them. knocking on my door at 7:45am for housekeeping...not cool. even though I was already awake due to the doors slamming. the coffee pot didn't work. the wardrobe door was broken. hair in the shower. Two days in a row I went to the starbucks to find it open, but unoccupied and not a staff member in sight.
2 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
"nice modern hotel in augusta"
didn't know there is such a nice hotel in augusta.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Mariott Augusta"
New renovations are beautiful! Hotel is in a great location, great amenities and perfect for work or personal travel.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
"Great Downtown Hotel"
Centrally located in old town Augusta near the Savanah River, the convention center, and old town. All within walking distance to a charming town that is growing. Very nice people with a laid back southern charm.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
Omar
"convenient location; quality staff"
We enjoyed our overnight stay. Check in was easy, quick, and pleasant. We liked the technology used for our stay including the room and garage admission. The room was spacious and extremely comfortable. We liked the ability to control the temperature without noise. This hotel is on trend with 2015 technologies. We enjoyed the food selections and presentations of meals. It was a pleasant trip; very relaxing.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Elisabeth
"Best in Augusta"
Enjoyed the river walk area.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Denise
"Beautiful..."
the stay was excellent the only thing that I didn't like there was someone smoking in the inside pool and I was there with the kids
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Tawanna
"Couples Getaway"
Wonderful and relaxing!!! Very modern and within walking distance to downtown that had all of the bars and restaurants very convient!!
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Lesley
"Review of Augusta Marriott at Convention Center"
Good stay. Pricey but good.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
Jeremy
"The best hotel is Augusta hands down"
My stay was the definition of comfort and when you look up politeness in the dictionary a picture of their staff will be there. the room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Good location but unsettling incident"
Nice room in Marriott Suites building -- did not know that this is a separate building from the main hotel tower and is very difficult to get to from the main building -- printed map/instructions would have been very helpful. During our last night (4am) -- the fire alarm went off -- turned out it was a guest burning something in their microwave. There was clearly a burning smell in the hallway and the alarms rang for 30 min; however, during that whole time, we were never contacted by the hotel staff and only learned what happened when I called the front desk. Scary stuff-- It appears that staffing is very thin and, perhaps, not adequately trained in customer service.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
I had a great stay here in February 2015. I only stars one night but wish I was staying longer. Everyone was delightful and the hotel was just great in every way.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Deirdre
"Near downtown and close by attractions."
Although the purpose of this trip was more business, my wife and I were able to easily reach nearby attractions and restaurants for some down-time.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
I didn't like we were so far away from coffee. The parking spaces were very tight. The only workers were at the front desk. We really didn't see any other employees. I didn't realize there was the Marriott and then Marriott Hotel.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Not a typical Marriott"
We stayed here this past weekend for a tennis tournament. I always feel like Marriott is a safe bet. This was not up to Marriott standards. We stayed on the suites side. The rooms are really worn, the bed and pillows were hard and the wear & tear of the hotel (past registration) really shows. It also sucks to pay to park your car daily....in Augusta GA. Note to myself- staying at the convention center is not a good idea. Overall, the staff was nice, the rooms were "ugh-ok" definitely not a normal Marriott and the price was decent. I will not be staying here again....but to be fair- I really did not care for downtown Augusta and would probably find a Hampton Inn in West Augusta.
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. We appreciate all comments from our valued guests and we use that input to help us improve upon our delivery of product and service. I am happy to let you know as well that we will undergo a multimillion dollar refurbishment of our Marriott tower in the 4th quarter of 2014. When those rooms are completed we will have state of the art hotel rooms featuring hardwood floors, walk in showers and 55" TVs. Sincerely, Matthew Ricker Hotel Manager
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Requested King bed, got queen. Overall, not bad for the price and location.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great location, nice hotel"
Check in was quick and the staff was very polite. Had a suite, it was large a very well kept. We Travel a lot to Augusta but have always stayed in lower priced hotels in the area. Got a good price from Expedia so we tried it out. It was very quiet. I guess the only part that irritated me a little, was in the morning. We had the privacy hanger on the outside and stool maid service knocked on our door to see if we were still there. That was around 930 am and check out is at noon. But the rest of the stay was very nice.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
traveled
we really enjoyed the hotel and the staff was very nice and helpful, the room was really clean and you can tell they take pride in keeping it in very great shape. the large staircase at the entrance is very beautiful and makes the hotel more regal-like. Thank you.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Horrible air conditioning"
My major complaint is that the windows to the rooms do not open and the airconditioing did not work. It was 40-50 outside but never got below 70 in our room at night. Thermostat set to 60. Changed rooms and upgraded at my own cost to a suite. Did not help. It wasnt the room, the hotel had no air conditioning on. It just blew non airconditioned room temperature air. After 2 showers the room was muggy and never got better. Without an airconditioner to pull the moisture out, it stayed warm and muggy all night.
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. You indicated in your review that you encountered problems with the air conditioning. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Sincerely, Hotel Manager
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"family"
great
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
terry
"CLOSE TO RIVER WALK"
THE ROOM WAS VERY NICE AND I LOVED THE LOCATION BUT OUR ROOM WAS ON THE 11TH FLOOR AND AND A MUSTY SMELL LIKE THERE HAD BEEN WATER DAMAGE AT ONE TIME. OTHERWISE THE STAFF WAS VERY COURTEOUS AND HELPFUL.
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Kelly, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. You indicated in your response that you were not happy with your room conditions. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We will do everything we can to ensure that you stay in the Marriott Tower on future stays. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Sincerely, Hotel Manager
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
KELLY MCCLELLAN
"Wonderful"
Great location walk to broad street restaurants. And the river walk is beautiful I look forward to going back soon!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
melissa
I can not believe that the hotel would put their guest in a dangerous situation. The hotel had a motorcycle gang reunion at the hotel over Labor Day weekend. There must have been 50 hard core bikers there. There was at least six fights that I know of and the local cops had to be called. The bikers were drinking and approaching us guess using profanity. We were afraid to get on the elevator and ride it with them. We were to far away from home just to leave in the middle of the night. We did complain to the front desk however they seemed just as intimidated as the guest were. I would have excepted them to give me a full refund but they did not even offer.
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Tom Wilding
"Room Humidity Made for a Miserable First Night"
I obviously ended up in a room that had a partially functioning AC unit. Although the room was very cool 68-72 degrees the room humidity level was running about 80%-90% (thanks SMART Phone)! I felt like I was camping outside. The sheets were literally sticky to the touch and caused a miserable nights of tossing and turning. Called the front desk and engineering said they fixed it but upon returning to my suite that next evening I saw that the humidity level was still hovering around 80%. Finally they moved me and my family to another suite where it was perfectly comfortable for us at about a 50% humidity level and got a wonderful nights sleep.
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Todd, Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. You indicated in your response that you were not happy with your room conditions. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We will do everything we can to ensure that you stay in the Marriott Tower on future stays. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Sincerely, Hotel Manager Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Todd
"Marriot Suites , great location on Riverwalk"
Location was great. Within walking distance of several restaurants and on the Riverdale. Check in was a breeze. The lobby was tastefully decorated. We booked 2queen unit with a sitting area. The room was very clean and functional. Parking was a breeze. The furnishing , carpet and bathroom could use a update. Overall my stay was good.
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you return as our guest and want you to know that we truly value your business. Sincerely, Matt Ricker Hotel Manager
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
jdrrt
"Good overall - parking is not included"
The hotel was nice, room was very comfortable. Good location. Didn't realize that breakfast was not included and parking was an extra $7 a day. But still a good trip overall. I would recommend this hotel - just keep the extra charges in mind.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Gracious service"
I booked the Marriott because it was close to the Morris Museum of Art which has an interesting collection of southern artists. I don't usually choose large hotels, but I was pleasantly surprised at the gracious demeanor of everyone I encountered. My room was comfortable and quiet, and I had a lovely view of the Savannah River.
3 night trip May 25, 2014
Ctraveler
"A fun place to be; relax and unwind!"
Spacious and clean; fun filled afternoon after a long day of meetings. Staff was very friendly.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"It was just ok."
I felt it wasn't worth the money, the staff seemed lazy and unprofessional. The room had a funny smell and was very dated. Not somewhere I'd stay again.
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Verified Traveller, Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your recent stay at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. We appreciate and use as a learning experience the feedback that our valued guests give us. We will coach our staff with regard to the perception that they are lazy and unprofessional. Our goal is to portray a professional demeanor and provide an energetic staff. Additionally we are excited that we are undergoing a multi-million dollar rooms renovation beginning in the fourth quarter of this year. Once completed our guest rooms will be ultra-modern and fresh. We hope you come and see the hotel once the renovation is completed in March of 2015. Thank you again for your time and input. Sincerely, Matthew Ricker Hotel Manager
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"My Experience"
The smelled Fresh ...but the ceiling and vents were nasty...And what I reserved was not available when I arrived...so that spoiled my night..ANd the room I received was nothing like the photos online...
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center. We use guest feedback to either celebrate where we have done well or as information to help us focus on areas where we have not done well. In the case of your stay I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment with the quality of the ceiling and vents in your room and the fact that the room type you wanted was not the room type you received. We will review your comments with our housekeeping and reservations teams and we will use your comments as coaching points to help us improve. Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to do a better job for you in the future. Sincerely, Matthew Ricker Hotel Manager
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
VCc
The food at Friday night's buffet was not very good. The food at Saturday's breakfast buffet was very good.
Response by Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review of our property. I apologize for the inconsistency in terms of the food quality in the buffet. I will review these comments with our Food & Beverage manager, and make sure that steps are taken to correct these issues. Thank you for your positive comments regarding customer service, we really do appreciate this. Best Regards, Matt Ricker Hotel Manager
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013