All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1047 5th Ave, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Perfect getaway!"
We love this place, room was very comfortable and clean. Hotel amenities are awesom. One negative comment - TV placement was odd, on top of desk to the left of viewing area. why?
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you! Thrilled to read your great comments. With regard to the TV placement, the original design of this room-type was configured in a way (including wire installation) in which theTV's are positioned as they are. Having said that, we are looking at ways to make some changes to theTV placement. We hope you will be back to visit again soon! Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Awsome"
I went with friends to a concert at the house of blues. The hotel was super nice, the staff was very friendly and attentive. I would definitely go back and stay here for my next trip.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Jacqueline We are thrilled to hear you had a great time during your recent visit to Palomar San Diego! Thank you for the nice cooments about our staff! We do hope you visit us again on your next trip ! Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
1 night trip with friends Nov 4, 2014
Jacqueline
"Stay somewhere else unless its $100 a night"
Overnight covered parking was more than a 5 star resort which makes no sense . Room service menu is extremely misleading. The prices are cheap but they fail to mention that they charge a ton for service and delivery charge amd tip isnt included. Bathrooms have no privacy and no fan while showering. The door is a sliding door and is see through .
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Jamie and Dean Please accept my apologies for the delay in this response. For some reason, my prior attempts have failed to post. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the room service menu. I am sorry if it seemed mis-leading and I will follow up with our team on that item. Thank you for visiting the hotel and sharing your thoughts about your stay. Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
2 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Jamie and Dean
"Perfect"
Great staff and great location made this an amazing trip for my wife, dogs and I.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for the great feedback! So glad that you enjoyed your stay at Palomar San Diego! We love having four -legged friends visiting and we're thrilled to hear you had an amazing trip! Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Grant
"Perfect"
The hotel was perfect. The location was great. The staff was very nice and friendly.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thankyou! We appreciate hearing the nice comments about our staff and to know that your stay went great! We hope you will be back for another visit in the near future! Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
kierra
I had a nice experience. Staff was friendly. We got two free drink vouchers upon arrival, that was nice. Our room was upgraded for free loved the balcony. I did have trouble with the t.v. It turned itself off constantly and took a while to turn back on. I think it would also be nice if they had an in room coffee maker. Over all I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again and just bring instant coffee next time.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
christina
Cosy, stylish. Great hotel, great stay.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Jeffrey We appreciate reading that you enjoyed the design and found our hotel to be cozy! We want our guests to feel at home and are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay. Come back and visit us again soon! Sincerely,
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Jeffrey
"Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Accomdations"
Professional, friendly and attentive staff. Great accommodations. Ten blocks from Gas Lamp central. The further you travel toward the hotel, the sketchier the surroundings, but I never felt unsafe, just prepare to get hit up for change at least a dozen times on the walk to the convention center.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Hello Chris Great comments about our staff!! We are thrilled to hear that your enjoyed the accommodations. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will be back soon! Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
5 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Nice enough but overpriced"
The staff was very friendly and the location was great. I just think for the price it should at least come with complimentary wifi.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the four star review. At Kimpton Hotels if you sign up for our Karma Rewards Program, wifi is free at any of our hotels. Hope that helps for next time.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Great hotel. Concierge Mike is awesome and totally helpful. Fitness center, pool, restaurant, location all great!
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the five star review and the shout out for Mike our amazing concierge.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Palomar shines"
An excellent weekend visit to downtown San Diego at the Palomar. This area of downtown is, as always, a little bit sketchy, and is a few blocks from the heart of the Gaslamp action, but the hotel is lovely, clean, and has the friendly Kimpton feel (and smell!) that all Kimptons seem to have. My room was a medium-sized king room and had plenty of space and convenience. High ceilings made it seem even larger than it was. Hotel bar is on trend and has tasty cocktails.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the great review Adam. I'm glad you loved the hotel and got to experience Saltbox as well.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Adam
It was a great stay, great location
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the great comments.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"My wife could live here!"
The hotel was EXTREMELY well detailed and well finished. Everything was well thought out, very consistent in design and fit and finish. Loved our stay, we were their for our son's wedding and it was beautiful! The temperature when we were there was 100 degrees F, and 10% relative humidity (unusual), but at 5:00 PM during the ceremony the outdoor space we were using fell into shade, a beautiful breeze came through, everyone was comfortable and we all enjoyed the evening!
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the great review Granville. We look forward to you and your wife returning soon.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Granville
"Great hotel in downtown SD"
I have been to this hotel a few times now. Super dog friendly, very accomidating! Great location ( can't control the homeless population obviously). While the hotel and rooms are fantastic the bathroom doors are HORRIBLE. The are big glass sliding doors which are not flush against the wall ( big gaps - little privacy) and the handles smash your fingers against the door frame. Everything else is great, the valets even accommodated out electric car, plugging it in every drop off!
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the five star review Nicole. I'm sorry about the bathroom doors. We're taking that into consideration for future renovations.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Nicole
"Very Trendy Hotel"
This place rocks! Love the Free Happy Hour daily plus it's right there near the Gas Lamp District. Very trendy hotel.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Connie Jo for the great review. I'm glad you loved our wine hour!
3 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Connie Jo
"Fantastic hotel!"
We were here for a wedding and thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the five star review.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Great place, great service, one little discomfort."
This place is fantastic, really nice, really accommodating for a younger "hip" crowd looking to take part in the night life of the Gaslamp district. The staff was very nice and overall we had a good stay. One little thing was that the doors to the bathroom don't exactly give you privacy. It's a "chic" set up which would be fine when you're significant other is sneaking a peek while you shower but on the other hand, when you're doing natures business...it's a little discomforting. But if that's your thing, 5 stars all the way!
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Bryan. I'm glad you had a great stay.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Bryan
"Chic hotel in Downtown Gaslamp"
I LOVE kimpton hotels. They are the best boutique hotels ever. The Hotel Palomar in downtown San Diego is gorgeous. Super chic, beautifully decorated and very close to all of the best spots in the gaslamp quarter. Also, check out the spa and the couples room - it's amazing!
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Faye for the great review.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Faye
"Cozy,quiet,and the showers are awsome"
The experience was great,good people great food.everything was within walking distance,
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the great review Steven.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
steven
"Really nice hotel but......"
Really liked the location and quality of this hotel. Clean and hip hotel. What caused me to drop the rating was mostly the sketchy neighborhood on the edge of the Gaslamp District. Pawn Shops and Tattoo Parlors with many homeless all around. Also, the fitness center should be called the fitness Closet. I hate when hotel say they have a fitness center when all they have is a bike or two...
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Sorry about the fitness center Barry. We had a few of our pieces out for repairs and tune ups.
3 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
Barry
"Close to where daughter lives."
Pillows and bedding were musty smelling.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the four star review. I'm sorry your pillows and bedding were smelly. I hope we were able to fix that while you were with us.
3 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Very Nice Gaslamp Quarter Hotel"
The hotel is beautiful, beds are super comfortable, location is convenient to the Gaslamp Quarter. Overall very happy with the stay.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the great review.
2 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
Jennie
"Disappointing."
We spent our 1 year anniversary here. Previously resided in San Diego, so chose the hotel based on location and our previous experience at the sister hotel Solamar. We arrived to a filthy suite. Old smelly food in refrigerator. Housekeeping came to retrieve, then found an old empty wine bottle near window. Left the room and requested a "reclean". After apologies from front desk and some free drink tickets, we returned to our room once told it was ready and began to unpack. Found a dead bug on bathroom floor, just as management arrived to make sure room was ok... No, not really ok. Our suite was right next to the pool. We thought it would be ok since we would be venturing out every day. But the loud hip hop pool parties everyday were unexpected.. And we as guests could not even enter (unless we went downstairs to pay $40 and then waited in line?! With the warning we would probably not get in since so packed) Thus the only time I was even able to step foot in the pool was Monday morning at 8am. So disappointing. Especially for the cost of this place. Will not return.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
I am sorry to hear of your experience as noted in your review. This is certainly not the excellent level of standards that we strive to maintain. We are disappointed to know that we missed the mark on providing you with an awesome stay for your anniversary. Again, our sincere apologies are extended. Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Good rate - right downtown"
the hotel was run-down a bit - I love the Palomar in Philadelphia so i decided to try it in San Diego and was disappointed - a dirty decor pillow on the bed, towels not plush or white/a little dingy...
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Shawna Thank you for providing about your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear about the pillow and towels. Anytime you are staying at a Kimpton, please let us know if there is anything that is not in great shape as we want to provide you with accommodations and amenities that are in excellent condition. I regret hearing that we missed something during your stay and hope you will consider us again in the future (our new guest rooms are in their final stages of completion and we are excited to have brand-spanking new rooms to showcase). Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Shawna
"Hotel downtown San Diego"
Very nice, clean hotel. Only complaint is due to it's location, noise level was high. Hard to sleep through all the noise. Other than that, great hotel.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay. We appreciate your kind comments. We regret to hear that you experienced some noise related issues and truly hope that it was not too much of an inconvenience. Again, we appreciate and taking the time to comment on your visit. Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Palomar: Nice but Staff/Organization Issues"
This hotel is in 5th and Broadway, close to everything and to transit. GREAT location. It is a boutique-style, very stylized and comfortable. There are available treats and beverages in the room, but high prices ($6 for a pint of bottled water, as I recall), so get your room treats and water elsewhere, like the 7-Eleven on the corner of 5th and Broadway. Has complimentary wine hour, and coffee in the lobby in the morning. Comfy room and bed, very cool/spacious bathroom, nice appointments and style. Very nice lobby, good for hanging out, reading, chatting. Nice and pleasant staff, fast to visit the room as needed. I did not choose housekeeping while I was there. Issues: - I shipped a box, which arrived before I did, and they could not recognize who signed for it, or find it for well over 1/2 hour after I checked in. Someone at the front desk had put it in the wrong place. - TV programming freaked out on night 2 - showing ALL channels as "restricted" , and one of the "listed" channels (SyFy) disappeared forever). - Clock doesn't seem to have any alarm time changing ability. - Therefore, I specifically requested a wake-up call for 8:30am, and they didn't do the call until 9:15am. Same guy at front desk that morning as the day my box was signed for and "went missing". Probably pricey, but I got on an Expedia package deal. I would stay again, but would bring my own alarm clock, and ship box at least 3 days earlier than I did, and harangue them BEFORE I arrived to find it.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
LJ
"crazy form over function"
A little too modern on the bathrooms for my taste. A sliding frosted glass door with 1 1/2 inch gaps exposing any bathroom activities to anybody else in the room. Shower had no door on it at all which leaves you completely exposed to anybody entering the hotel room because of the large gaps again in the bathroom door. Other than that its a nice hotel with a great bar and pool.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Dear Steve We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel as well as the bar and pool areas. With regard to the design in the guestroom shower/bathrooms, we will have some newly appointed rooms available in the springtime and hope you will be back to check out the new designs. Sincerely, Patty Fletcher
2 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2014
"Nice hotel but for the price could be way better."
At arrival noticed some stains and areas that could be cleaner in the room. The bed was extremely noisy. Certain items where very upscale and comfortable. Tv location could be set higher for comfortable view. Windows where dirty. Overall it's a good hotel for $100-$150 not $250 ... But it's all Bout location location!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Jorge
"PERFECT"
I love this place. Very upscale feeling. Very clean. Great location. Coming back to San Diego in a month, and I will look no further for a hotel!
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
"Disappointed..."
This hotel is in a good downtown location, easy walking distance from the San Diego Civic Theater. Right next door to the Hard Rock. Staff is very friendly. The valet was confusing, as there were many cars parked at the curb and no valet employee for several minutes. Check-in was easy. We booked through Hotels.com. No upgrade offered. The room was small, but we anticipated this based on other reviews. The decor is appealing, comfortable bed. The TV was not on the wall in front of the bed, but on the dresser to the side of the bed - not comfortable to watch. In fact, the TV wasn't working properly so we called a tech to come look at it. He seemed to fix it, but when he left, we continued to have problems with the TV randomly turning off or not responding. Very frustrating. My theory is that we got a "bad" room because we booked through a third party with an awesome rate. Overall, I will not come to this hotel again. If I have to choose between getting a "good" room for full price vs. a "bad" room for a better rate, I don't want either. I think there are better options in downtown. Disappointing.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
I'm sorry for the issues with the TV Vanessa. We do have several room types but upgrades are very difficult during the summer and our high occupancy. I hope you give us another try.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Vanessa C.
"Hotel needs a face lift"
My room was not particularly clean, the desk was small (so not great for a business trip), the shower head in the bathroom was absolutely unusable (had to be held in hand or it sprayed all over the entire bathroom and not on your head). The front desk staff were polite but I would not stay here again based on the things mentioned above. The room I was in needs a face lift.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
I'm sorry for such an unpleasant stay. I am disappointed and hope you will consider giving us another try.
4 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Love Kimptons"
Our sink kept plugging up.....also toilet room in master bath door jam was really dusty......lots of TV cords showing on walls - not so pretty. Our friends stayed also - they were disappointed - their room was boiling hot entire stay.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
I'm sorry Deborah you had issues with your room. I appreciate the four star review.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Deborah Matthews
"Nice hotel, great location, but really noisy"
Very nice hotel in gaslamp quarter, but we were badly surprised by the noise coming from the 5th street and neighboring bars. Windows should have double pane to allow more than a 5h sleep.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"inadequate drawer space"
If going for a night or so not a big deal but if staying longer than a few days the drawer space is very limited. Having that small imperfection, the staff, cleanliness and location are all fine but keep in mind an approx 40.00 per night parking charge
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the four star review. I'm sorry the drawer space was a little too small for your visit.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
richard
Excellent friendly staff!!
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the five star review and shout out about our awesome staff.
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Kathy EH
"Nice, but you pay for it!"
Nice hotel, friendly staff, but you pay extra for everything but the bed and bath. NO PARKING - $40 for valet service. NO BREAKFAST - just coffee. If you have money to spare, by all means stay here - otherwise think twice.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the four star review Barb. Downtown San Diego parking is tough with limited garages. We do have other options in the area but our valet includes unlimited in and out. Which generally is cheaper than the self parking options.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Barb
"Exquisite Hotel"
My mom and I LOVED this hotel….we wanted to stay another night and tried, but the price could not be matched to the Expedia price we had received for our first night. We had an absolute blast, from the moment we walked through the front door. The decor is incredible, and we were like school girls when we entered our room. Saltbox was amazing, and we are already talking about booking again next summer!
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
Rayna
"Very nice hotel in a great location in the gaslamp"
Great location, very near to lots of great restaurants and entertainment, lot of live music. Love the Kimpton tradition of wine tasting every night between 5 and 6. Met some really cool people and able to swap stories of San Diego and its surrounds. Fantastic front door. never seen anything like it.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the great review. I'm so happy you loved the location and our fun Kimpton wine hours!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Noel
"Surprise Upgrade!"
I was only here for one night and go a great suprise upgrade to an amazing room with 2 balconies! The only downside to this was that my stay was so short. I will definitely plan to stay here again and perhaps even book the room I was upgraded to! Friendly staff, great vibe and good, central location.
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"Best choice ever."
We landed in San Diego with no idea where we were going to stay. We looked at a few spots but didn't like the reviews. Finally we decided to go to Palomar. The price was a lil high we paid 161 a night, but that was a discounted price and we booked it at the last min. The reviews looked pretty good, but it wasn't until we actually went inside when we were blown away. The staff was friendly and upgraded us to a suite free of charge due to the room being sold. The room was so spacious and very appealing. The only thing I wish they had were a pullout sofa bed so me and my brother could sleep comfortably, and not in the same bed. Besides that it was the best decision ever.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Chris, I'm glad you had such a great stay.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"One of the best hotels in the Gaslamp District"
My experience at the Palomar San Diego was amazing. The moment we walked in the staff was amazing and very personable. When we go to the room it was very clean with a great view of the gas lamp district. The hotel is right in the heart of the gas lamp district so my boyfriend and I were able to walk around and find the best restaurants and bars without driving or taking a taxi. Lastly, their pool and outdoor bar is amazing. I will definitely be staying there again and I recommend that everyone stay at such an amazing hotel.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Danielle for such a great review. I'm so happy our staff was amazing.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Danielle
"Prime location San Diego"
This is a modern hotel situated in the very midle of San Diego. Very nice rooms and with a friendly service.
3 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great experience"
The hotel staff was friendly and professional. It made are stay that much better. Our family had fun and enjoyed their time at the pool.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Edward Araiza
"First Visit"
First visit to San Diego area and this hotel. Very impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the room. Plush bath robes an unexpected plus. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. If I make it back to the SD area I will stay here again.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Larry for the great comments. We hope to you see again soon.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2014
"Great Location for a Nice Hotel"
After taking care of business this hotel was located close to a very exciting night life. Comic Con was in full swing and the hotel handled the influx of people quite well. Comfortable and clean rooms with efficient and friendly staff.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Dan, I'm glad you were able to enjoy Comic Con in San Diego at the Palomar.
3 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the Gaslamp are of San Diego"
Room was larger than expected. View on 4th floor (#405) was terrible and only other drawback was the location of the TV, on a desk at side of bed, so in order to watch it you ended up with a stiff neck.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Gordon. Sorry about the TV location in that room. We'll take a look at it and see if we can move it.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Gordon
"Girl's weekend!"
Beautiful hotel. In order, to get wifi you have to get rewards account, which I thought was silly. The pool deck was beautiful. Surrounding neighborhood has a lot going on. FUN!
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad you had a great girl's weekend.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2014
A
"comfortable hotel"
stayed here a few times its a comfortable hotel close to lots of things. Only thing I don't like is their 4pm check in is a bit later than other hotels.....and the rooms aren't usually ready ahead of that time.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks for the five star review. Weekends are very busy in the Gaslamp and we try to give our housekeeping team a bit more time in the rooms.
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2014
"Big dog friendly hotel in the Gaslamp"
We booked this hotel for a staycation getaway with our two dogs. Kimpton hotels do not have breed restrictions, and with a Rottweiler they are nearly the only hotel chain that I can bring my pup to. I had never stayed at the chain, but they boasted dog beds and bowls upon request so I went ahead and filled out the online form to request this and figured I'd be all set. We showed up and not only was the front desk agent quite rude, but got to our room and we didn't have any of the items we had requested for our pets. After multiple calls for dog bowls, beds, and an ice bucket, we were able to relax. Maybe it was because we had a pet-friendly room, but the furniture was extremely scratched and worn. The hosted wine hour was a nice touch, and we had a cool balcony that we could look down to the pool from. The concierge was really helpful since we weren't given basic info when we checked in. Overall, a decent spot and like I said one of our only options to bring our big dog to. Don't think I would stay here again, but wouldn't rule out the chain in general. Pros -Accommodated early check-in request -Big dog friendly -Hosted Wine Hour Cons -Rude front desk agent -Had to call multiple times for dog beds, bowls, ice bucket -No pet relief area, only a little strip of dirt around the corner -Lipstick on our in-room glassware -Extremely Scratched and worn desk and nightstand
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Best Stay Ever"
I have never stayed in such a lovely hotel! The bed was like sleeping on a cloud, the design and style were beautiful. I loved the shower head being on the ceiling and having the water pour over me like rain. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to make sure my needs were being met.
Response by Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel
Thanks Joy! So happy you had the best stay ever with us.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014