All hotels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
5850 Grand Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, 15225, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Very noisy outside
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Neville Island
Dear Guest, I'm glad that you enjoyed our cleanliness and service, but I'm sorry that noise pollution interrupted the comfort of your stay. We appreciate the feedback and hope to host you again. Thank you for staying with us. Sincerely, Meg Barron General Manager
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
Clean, nice rooms.
3 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
mike
I often come to Pittsburgh and stay at the Fairfield Inn because of the vicinity of my affairs. In the last year the Marriott made upgrades to make the place look more appealing and it works. The price is average for an overnight stay. Understand the bulk of their customers are truckers and out of state youth hockey players who attend tournaments at the nearby ice rink. This means rooms that eventually suffer from the abuse and stains that kids inflict on the hotel rooms, which are now beginning to show. Ironically the last visit was filled with kids w/o parents running from the pool to the elevator without drying off, leaving the floor quite hazardous. This is not the hotel's fault- at least until someone slips and gets injured. The hotel staff ranges from stellar to abysmal. If you want to eat somewhere nice, you'll need to do so before you arrive because the only place to eat is a diner style restaurant that's great for truckers on the road or teenage hockey players, ( my apologies if I've seemingly classified truckers- not my intention) but is a little hard to digest if you enjoy good food. Ironically for a hotel whose major business is the hockey community, they don't supply the Pittsburgh penguin's televised network. I consider this place a pit stop stay. Get in, get out.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Neville Island
We appreciate you taking the time to review your experiences. I offer my heartfelt apologies that inconsiderate guests interrupted your comfort. We do our best to advise all of our guests of hotel etiquette upon registration in an effort to provide everyone with a comfortable stay, and most of our guests comply. Your comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Meg Barron General Manager
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
jack
"no pgh sports channel"
being in Pittsburgh didn't understand why they don't have roots sports, wanted to watch the pens, but no sports channel ? wont make that mistake again....go pens
1 night trip Oct 22, 2015
WILLIAM
"Convenient and comfortable"
Convenient location to stay while visiting family. There is not much else in the neighborhood but the nearby restaurant is pretty good. We were very satisfied with the stay. The only complaint was not with the hotel but with the noisy crowd of high school students partying into the night. The view of the river is very nice so try to get a room with the view out the back of the hotel.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Anne
"Steelers weekend!"
Came to Pittsburgh for the game, and although the hotel was a bit out from the stadium and downtown, we had a good time. There aren't many food places close, but we found a good pizza joint, and wings for the Saturday night football games. The free wi-fi was very helpful for my college daughter who had homework due over the weekend. The fire pit at night was also welcomed as it got cooler at night. I was unaware of the deposit that was due, as it wasn't mentioned (i don't think) on hotels.com, but that was minor. Nice, clean hotel, with a beautiful view of the river! Trip was even better after a Steelers win!!!
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Comfy and pretty tho far"
Super comfy everything. Pretty view from our river-facing room. Only downside is it's distance from the city. But that's not that big a deal. Would recommend.
2 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
suzanne
"Check recipes. Double charging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Paid for hotel with cash. Then later that week noticed I was charged on my credit card. Watch out for double charging!!
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Great place to rest"
I stayed here while visiting my sister who was moving into a new house in Ross Township. Easy access to the city, North Hills, just about anywhere on the West and North sides of the Burgh.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"One night stay in July 2015 for busoness"
Excellent hotel. Room was in top condition. Good service. Breakfast is good, but cereal selection was limited. Have stayed here before and would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
Colm
"Great hotel close to everything"
The room decor was beautiful especially the bathroom with real tiles and a nicely setup suite. The staff was very friendly. The eggs and sausage were not very appealing, mushy and microwaved. The fruit, bagels and muffins were tasty! Loved the lemon infused water by the elevators! Nice touch!
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Liz
"Adventure in the Alleghenys"
Two day getaway with mom. Hotel was great. Staff was extremely friendly,and very informative. Gave much info regarding my cousin "Punxatawny Phil" and James Stewart's hometown. Made for a very interesting day's excursion. Look forward to coming back someday. Kudos to the staff.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Arnold
"Great travel stop!"
The hotel was very good. Clean, comfortable rooms with easy access to the highway for a travel stop located on Neville Island. I would definitely stay here again if traveling through the Pittsburgh area on I-79.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"Neville Island Fairfield Inn"
Great hotel right off the freeway good for passers through or business travel on Neville Island.
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Very nice hotel, beautiful setting on the river."
Hotel is right off the interstate and easy to find. Very clean and the staff was very helpful.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Sand
it was nice. staff was friendly. room was comfortable
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Don't recommend this hotel"
The jacuzzi was disgusting and caused me to get a bacterial infection called bursitis.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Ask for a room with a view"
This hotel sits on the banks of the Ohio River, just be!ow the I-79 bridge that crosses the river over Neville Island, which is more industrial than residential. We stay here to visit family in Sewickley, so the location is convenient and if you ask for a room on the river side, you'll see tugboats moving barges up and down river. It's not glamourous, but the location is what makes the hotel interesting. The rooms are nice and thecbreakfast bar is decent.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Easy access to attractions. Great value !!!!!"
Very nice hotel. Breakfast was a very good variety of food. The only thing I wish is that the hotel had it's own restaurant and bar in it. Or, at least one or the other. There is a restaurant in front of the hotel and a gas station across the street with a mini market in it. The hotel does have its own mini market with a small selection of goodies to purchase by the front desk. The employees were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Great hotel for the price"
Cheap place to stay if traveling to Pittsburgh. There is a convenience store right across the street and a restaurant within walking distance which is convenient. Tip: since they don't sell beer at convenience stores there they have a 2 6 pack limit that you can purchase from Kings restaurant. The hotel was modern and updated..free bfast was good and no probs. They have a good business center which was helpful to do some printing. I would stay here again but the only drawback is that it is 20 min from most places in the highlights of Pittsburgh. We stayed here from having flown in from the airport and its nice being away from the traffic which is a plus. It is also right off the highway.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Nice clean hotel. Great view of the river."
In town visiting family. Stayed at this hotel many times. Very convenient to downtown.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Decent hotel"
The desk chair was dirty but when I called they immediately took care of it. The town itself doesn't have much but for our dance competition it's perfect location. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The pool was cold and the jacuzzi wasn't working
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"as expected!"
its a hotel, nothing remarkable about it but you don't stay in a fairfield for the luxury. Everything you'd expect from a reputable chain.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Justin
"Nice stay, clean room, but room was cold."
The heater wouldn't stay warm in the room. Maintenance person came up right away to check which was great. Thermostat had to be set to 90F before heater kicked in. Once we lowered to 73, the cool air came back on.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Connie
"Enjoyed our stay."
Beautiful modern facility. Our room was great and overlooked the river. My sons favorite part was the breakfast.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Christine
The staff was great. The hot breakfast was nice for our mock trial team as we had a long day ahead of us. The beds were clean and comfortable. The hot tub and pool area were great as well. I would definitely stay here again!
carly
Wonderful staff! Extremely helpful, clean rooms, quite. Would definitely go back.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Nice hotel with great breakfast"
Hotel is decent, room is clean, breakfast is excellent.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
linguistic
"Very Clean & Comfortable and Excellent Breakfast"
This hotel is very clean and comfortable! The hotel staff was very friendly and they have a great breakfast. The breakfast included make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, bagels, muffins, milk, water and juice! There is also a kings restaurant right in front of the hotel, a gas station and it's right off the exit. Also, it's a 10-15 minute drive from tons of restaurants, shopping and the airport!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Lindsay
"Super comfy beds, easy access to downtown/airport!"
My husband and I book this hotel for a last minute trip to pittsburgh. When we arrived there was super easy parking, and check in. Lobby was clean and inviting. When we went to our room we were surprised how nice it was and our view of the river and bridge pushed it over the top. Beds were extremely comfortable, made it hard to get out of bed. Over all a great hotel for the PRICE!! If your not looking for cleanliness and comfort, this is it! Plus the drive to downtown was a breeze!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Brandie
"Nice hotel for the price and location"
Great place to stay if you are coming from the North to visit Pittsburgh. Two easy routes to take to get to the city and Heinz field. Go Steelers!
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Kyle
"Pleased, but could have been better."
The room was great, but there was a stain on the lampshade and a stain on the bathroom wall as if from a dirty/greasy hand/foot. I appreciated the complimentary bathroom items, however upon asking the front desk if they had additional make-up remover pads (I had multiple events and had to clean my face more than once), they said they were all out and would not have any the next morning either. That was disappointing. The one evening when I returned, there were 40 or so people in the lobby lounge area having a great time. This also hindered my sleep some because I was in a room directly across from that space. I understand I was placed in that room because of my non-preference. I called ahead to see if I could possibly check-in early as I had to be at an event at 3pm a half hour away. This was very accommodating, but not an ideal location for a good nights sleep before a 6-8 hour drive home by myself. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the staff were very helpful - including getting me directions to my event, and general knowledge of the area's busy roads to ease my stress in arriving to my event on time. :)
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
"Great Hotel - nice amenities"
Very nice hotel with great selection for breakfast. Clean exercise room and indoor pool with hot tub.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Love my room ... 3rd floor river view. Wish there was a refrig in the room. Would stay there again.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Mady
"Very nice hotel."
The hotel is just minutes from Heinz Field/PNC park. Very easy to get to anything in Pittsburgh from the hotel. Indoor pool and whirlpool were excellent. Outdoor grill and fire pit/patio were awesome, too.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
KennyB
Just spent the night. Hotel was great... Surroundings were so so...
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Very happy with this hotel. My kids love it especially the breakfast. The pool was also very good. The location is amazing.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
Romana Khan
"Very good hotel - far far away"
Like all hotels in the Marriott family, the Fairfield is a very nice hotel. Pool was open longer than most other Marriott family hotels. And I really like the firepit for relaxing after dark. It's a nice touch. This property's only problem is its location. One day, this area will be gentrified, and this hotel will become a Courtyard. But now, it's a little iffy. Also, Pittsburgh is not the easiest town to get around in for me, but this was harder somehow.
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Sam
"Room with a view"
We had a nice view of the river. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great. Will definitely stay there again!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Very convenient the staff was great very helpful downtown is only about 20 mins via St or highway and it's right off the freeway! Now anytime I come to Pittsburgh I will always stay here
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Tahra
"Clean, great stay"
Hotel was great but there is not much of anything real close.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was very nice. Very clean and comfortable. I will probably return there next time I visit the area.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Amazing stay"
Very kind people and helpful everything was clean and new good facilities nice breakfast and an awesome diner a stone throw away cheap as chips!! And bloody delicious
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Terry
"Marriott is going downhill"
Checked in and there were no towels in the room. Called to front desk and asked for towels to be sent up. No one came. Had to go down to the lobby to get my own towels. Next day I dropped off laundry at the front desk at 7:00 am and according to the laundry slip, laundry is returned by 6:00 PM. Asked for the laundry at 6:30 PM at the front desk and it was still sitting behind the front desk. No one had ever picked up my laundry so it just sat there all day and no one bothered to notify me. Marriott used to have sterling reputation but anymore every time I stay at one of their hotels I have nothing but problems. Recently I booked a room a week in advance and although I am a Platinum Elite member with 300,000 points they would not honor my reservation and sent me to a substandard hotel in a bad part of town. Even their customer service is poor. The have really gone downhill.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Neville Island
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate you acknowledging our good location and pleasant views even though we did not provide you with a comfortable stay. Your comfort is important to us and our associates strive to provide every guest with a clean room and friendly service. I’m so sorry we fell short of our goal in both these areas; please forgive us. I appreciate your detailed feedback which I will share with our team to encourage improvement for future stays. For this reason, I hope you will visit us again. Best, Meg Barron General Manager
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Very clean and comfy, breakfast was good. Staff was great.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Annette
Awesome view of the Ohio river. Easy to find from the PA Turnpike. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Friendly employees- clean rooms - great atmosphere
"Hotel was close to our family's house"
We had a great time during our stay for the 4th of July. Our son loved the swimming pool and we loved the fire pit. I would recommend this hotel to everybody. Looking forward to our stay next year.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Kelli
"Toilet didn't work"
We checked in after midnight for an overnight stay. The toilet in our room didn't flush, which we reported right away. The front desk sent someone to plunge it, but it still didn't work. He said he would leave a note for the morning manager, but he didn't. I went down to the lobby (again) to use the bathroom and report the problem at 8 am. No one came to our room until almost noon, after we went down AGAIN We were there for 13 hours and didn't have a working toilet for 12 of those. My wife had to fight to get rewards points that would equal the amount of one night's stay, and it wasn't until she called for the general manager that we were finally given a refund of our room charge. It was never offered that we could change rooms, and the desk managers said they couldn't refund our money because it was booked through hotels.com.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Neville Island
We sincerely regret the experience you had during your stay with the frustration of a malfunctioning toilette. I’m glad we were able to take care of your room expenses and offer rewards points for this inconvenience. We value you as our guest and hope to restore your faith in our hotel and service team. Sincerely, Meg Barron, GM
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Satisfied Customer"
Good stay.Very happy with the hotel
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014