All hotels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
5850 Grand Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, 15225, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"A Nice Quiet Stay Surrounded by Water"
Room was very clean. Everyone was very friendly and polite. The only thing I wasn't too happy about was the hot and cold buffet breakfast. After just one hour they were out of ketchup, forks, and syrup and weren't planning to put out more. There was also a big spill in the middle of the floor where people were in line getting their food and the person who was in charge of setting up breakfast didn't offer to help this girl's mess, but my husband did. I think they should have at least made an attempt to help instead of standing around in the kitchen.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Natalie
"it had the pool we were looking for"
It was a nice stay
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2013
Bill Zickgraf
"Decent Hotel"
Decent hotel for the price, however, depending on which side of the hotel you are staying at, you have to deal with train and car traffic noise which is an issue if you are a light sleeper.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2013
"Great hotel for the price."
Great hotel for the price. Very clean. GREAT location. The vending market is pretty pricey so I recommend bringing your own refreshments.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2013
"A good place tucked away in an industrial area"
This is just another example of the quality you'd expect from this chain of hotels. It was very well maintained and clean with a good staff. They have a continental breakfast or there is a restaurant out front of the hotel to eat at. Other than that there really isn't much in the neighborhood to do unless you like heavy equipment. Easy access to the interstate though.
1 night trip Nov 19, 2013
"Pittsburgh stay"
TV gave us some problems we had to have a maintenance guy come out to fix it. The fire pit and hot tub pool was terrific. Over all well worth the price breakfast was what you'd expect. Area not the best but it was close to where we had to go so that didn't effect us!
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"amazing hotel"
Our stay in the hotel was absolutely perfect, the room was very clean and big, the bed was very comfortable, and the hotel staff were very friendly. The surrounding area to the hotel was great but still wasn't too bad, the proximity to the highway made it easy to get into Pittsburgh and the proximity to the river made for a very nice view from our room.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2013
Jarrod
"Neville Island (Pittsburgh,Pa.)"
It seemed that the air conditioning unit did not cool the room as one would like.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
very satisfying--especially the fire pit in the rear of the hotel overlooking the river
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
bill
"Comfortable hotel"
The hotel was conveniently located near enough to downtown Pittsburgh which is why we chose it, along with the room rate being reasonable. It's located on Neville Island which sounds really pretty. It's actually an industrial location like most of that area is. We had a "river view" room. It's very comfortable and clean and looked out over the water which is brown and kind of ugly........not the hotels fault. If you're visiting Pittsburgh and don't want to spend the money to stay downtown, this is a good choice.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
kathryn
My stay was great, but I never had maid service on Saturday.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Very Pleasant Stay"
Room was clean, the buffet breakfast had a lot of different breakfast items to choose from(fresh fruit, cereal, waffles, scrambled eggs, a variety of juices. Very friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Nice Stay"
Nice stay, easy accsess to down town, but not much near hotel.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Close to my final destination"
It was generally OK.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
"Breakfast service"
A very few variety and only 1 person to serve all and she was bit unprofessional for customer service. Rest everything was awesome.
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2013
Nrupal
"Nice weekend"
The room was very nice and clean. We enjoyed using the back patio, watching the boats, rabbits and quiet. The pool area was very, very clean and kept up all during the day. The breakfast was attended to and no one had to wait to eat. We enjoyed our stay and use this hotel again when we return to Pittsburgh.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Wendy
"Good for one night stay"
This was a post wedding destination. I booked seperately but was with the groomsmen and the hotel had poor coordination and communication with the wedding party. There were frequent discrepencies about price, shuttle service, etc but booking by yourself without much need for hotel service you should have a great experience.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2013
"Hotel maintenance"
Not real happy! Unfortunately there was a water leak the hot water had to be shut off at 9 am for most of day during our stay. Hotel staff was not friendly at all. Asked for towels for pool 2 nights in a row because there were no clean ones. Breakfast eggs were disgusting and had to wait forever for them. Not worth the price.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2013
Jen
"right off the highway"
The best part of the hotel was that the off/on ramp to the highway is right at the hotel's driveway. Its in a trucking village so no points for the surrounding area, I couldn't easily see a gas station for the morning fueling. Only other issues I had was that there was a stain on a bed sheet and the breakfast, which let's face it is already less than appealing wasn't very fresh and much of the items hadn't been stocked (ie remnants of bagels were all that remained.) I expected a little more from the hotel based on other reviews.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
"Our family will never stay at a Fairfield again."
Front desk girl who was there all days we were was unfriendly, not helpful, and not pleasant. Room service was not done any of the days we were there until we called LATE AT NIGHT WHEN WE GOT BACK. I RESERVED A ROOM FOR 5 PEOPLE --2 QUEENS AND A SOFA BED --AND GOT 2 QUEENS A ND A " WE"LL SEE IF WE CAN FIND A ROLLAWAY" .Again, we returned late , no rollaway in the room, we called ,came up 50 minutes later with a bed and no sheets or pillows. It took 4 separate trips over another 45 minutes to get the bedding. There were no towels in the room...we had to get them ourselves from the front desk and they were given in a big pile and not folded. Pool ran out of all towels. Infused water was a nice touch but most of Thursday and Friday[ afternoons and evenings] it was empty and not done at all on the weekend.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Carolyn
"Suggestion for those with allergies"
Hotel was very nice, staff was exceptional and friendly. Pool was nice, kids loved it. Enjoyed the back patio area as well. Only thing is if you have allergies I suggest you bring your own pillow or ask at front desk when you check in for foam pillows to be placed in your room. The hotel uses feather pillows and did not have any signs up to inform you of this. As a parent with an asthmatic child the feather pillows were a trigger. So suggestion to hotel put up sign that states you use feather pillows and to travelers be aware.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2013
"Nice hotel but nothing else in area"
Very nice hotel right next to river and bridge so nice view. It is located on a small island with one half being heavy industrial/commercial buildings and other half residential. Only one restaurant in vicinity no fast food, carry outs or gas stations. The Kings restaurant was a unique experience. Our waitress was new and had a mini melt down so I believe it was the manager who sent another waiter to handle us. They were going out of their way to make sure we were happy with food and service almost obnoxious how well they were checking on our table. They apologized I don't know how many times about switching wait staff on us due to the new girl. Even though we reassured them it was quite fine they INSISTED that desert was on the house for our inconvenience. It was hard to eat because I didn't feel we where inconvenienced at all. Lets just say waiter received very nice fat tip.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"Convenient, clean, courteous, but crowded"
Hotel was conveniently located right off I-79, just an easy 15 minute drive from downtown Pittsburgh. Relatively clean, and every worker was really nice. Breakfast and b'fast area was nice. HOWEVER, wknds I found out to late (by asking workers & seeing for myself) are crazy full. And the pool / hot tub area got ram shacked with the huge group of kids (26 we counted) swimming in it. Hot tub was clean the afternoon I checked in, but had a film on it that evening and next morning. OVERALL, I would stay there again, but prob check to see if there was going to be a huge number of kids there b4 making my finally decision.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
Ken M
"Great hotel for a home base."
Easy access to the city. Clean,staff very pleasant. We have stayed here many times and really enjoy the patio too.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Hot tub broken .. Very disappointment Service is very friendly ..
2 night business trip May 10, 2013
Greg
"not worth my money"
Day 1...Room was out of coffee, tissues and tub drain clogged. VILE. The free breakfast was good.... day 2.. pool was cold and hot tub was just as cold.got back from dinner with my 2 sleeping kids only to find about 70 motorcycles parked in the loading and unloading and it was pouring down raining. We all get soaked kids wake up... long night...free breakfast was good
Family trip May 13, 2013
Ben
Very nice!
1 night trip May 3, 2013
Carol Wiegel
"nice room on trash island"
The rooms were nice except for the bodily stains on certain furnishings. The surrounding island seemed to be a forgotten relic of pittsburghs past industrial fame. Amongst the rust and decrepitude, lays a transfer station where garbage processing is in full swing 24/7. Easy access to highways made it convenient to leave as soon as we woke up. Beautiful river view left a bit to be desired. Staff was friendly and professional, but hardly makes up for the dismal surroundings.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2013
rob k
"Good but not Great"
The room was o.k. but the heating/ AC unit was blowing what felt like cold air most of the cold night. We turned the heat up further and it was Marginally better. I was a little cramped for a Double Queen room.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013
The only reason we chose this hotel was to enjoy the pool and hot tub. However, the hot tub was lukewarm at best, and the indoor pool was freezing. Additionally, we were informed the best way to travel to our evening entertainment destination was taxi, however we were not given any indication of the cab ride being over $30 each way, despite the clerk's admission he frequents the same entertainment establishment. We were woken up early by other guests screaming, swearing, and fighting with each other and the police had to be called to get the guests under control over an hour later. Finally, the pillows were small and uncomfortable in that because of their size, the edges would lift up and poke you in the face. On the plus side, the rooms were nice and clean, the bed was comfortable, breakfast (included) was good, and the hotel was generally well kept and clean.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2013
The visit was very enjoyable. The only thing that could have been improved was the air and heat vent under the window near the bed. We had trouble regulating the temperature in the room. It was too hot and then too cold coming from the blower. I realize that this controlled from a unit on the wall. We finally got a comfortable setting. Overall, the visit was an excellent experience. I would recommend the hotel to anyone. Thank you for your efforts and everything that you do to help your guests have a pleasant stay.
2 night trip with friends Feb 23, 2013
"quiet spot on the river..."
It was a great stay! Nice location to get on and off 79. Indoor pool was a little cold to me but the hot tub was great. Rooms are spectacular and very clean somewhat small but nice. Service was great. All staff was very curtious and helpful. Wall are very thin tho we came on the last day of a kids hockey tournament and let me tell you we were very thankful they were leaving that day. Were all rude crude kids....but thats besides the point. Will be staying again for sure!
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
ATunnell
"very conveniently located - easy access"
My husband and I thought the room clean and bright. The hotel staff, especially the night desk man, was so pleasant and friendly.We did not avail ourselves of the free breakfast buffet (which looked great) but the little diner in front of the hotel was very reasonable and delicious! We were visiting family and it did not seem right to have them eat for free at the hotel. The pool and hot tub were very clean. As for the location, Neville Island, though not very picturesque, was so conveniently located it didn't really matter. The exit to and from the island were right at the hotel. I would definitely stay there again!
2 night trip Feb 13, 2013
Sally
housekeeping services need improvement. Breakfast could use some varith for people staying more then one night
3 night trip Feb 7, 2013
The hotel itself was very nice, but the island was terrible.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2012
"Comfortable and clean hotel"
The hotel is stylish, clean, and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is located conveniently off I-79 and near Pittsburgh and shopping areas in Robinson.
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
"Easy to access - yet hidden gem"
Our one night stay on a Steeler weekend at the Fairfield on Neville Island was a treat. It is what a hotel away from the city is supposed to be. No hassles, comfortable, relaxing, ultra clean, well staffed, friendly. Very nice pool and workout equipment. The patio and the river view we also liked. AND the breakfast!!! WOW. Fairfield on Neville Island is so easy to find, just off the interstate and an easy drive into the city and stadium.
1 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2012
"Beautiful View"
I had to.stay last minute before i headed out to DC, to my surprise the Five Star program from Hotels.com set me up at the Fairfield inn and suites. AWESOME LOCATION
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2012
ROBERT
"book this one"
Great place to stay if your in Pittsburgh, the free breakfast wasn't that great but it was free so can't complain to much. Don't let the surrounding area full you this place is amazing
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
drake
"Quick trip"
Very Nice comfortable, clean. Will be back
Business trip Oct 4, 2012
"Not what I expected."
First they tried charging me twice for my room. Then they asked what floor I wanted I told them 4th they put us on the second floor. The room was nice and the pool. But they also lied about how far away from Pittsburgh we actually were. The free breakfast was nice tho. But we will not be staying there again.
Business trip Oct 2, 2012
Becky
"Good stay"
Hotel was good, the room was next to the laundry room. So from roughly 730am on there was laundry being processed and you could hear it through the walls. It was quite loud and was hard to ignore. Other than the early rise no real complaints.
Other trip Sep 26, 2012
Ames
"Beautiful trip to Pittsburgh"
Very clean and bright hotel. Staff was friendly and professional. Breakfast buffet was exceptional. Would stay here again without question.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2012
"Convenient, Good, but not Great"
We just spent 5 nights at the Neville Island Fairfield Inn and Suites; we travel quite quite a bit and are basing our comments on our prior travels. Overall the hotel was good, certainly not "great", but if you are not spending a lot of time in the room, it is a convenient location to most highways. Our room was not cleaned one day when we returned to the room at 4:00 p.m., after going to the front desk for clean towels we were told they would make sure it was cleaned the next day. When we said we were checking out the next day, we were told, "sorry about that". (I think we expected a little bit more from a Marriott Chain, maybe an offer to at least take all our dirty towels out of the room.) I would certainly refer it to friends as long as they didn't have really high expectations.
Other trip Sep 6, 2012

"A good stay"
The hotel staff was nice. We got a 2 queen bed room for 5 people. We needed another bed but expected a small crib but instead it was a full single bed!! My brother who is 6 feet slept in it. We were all very happy with that. The breakfast is great! And their breakfast seating area is very nice. We came home one night with pizza and sat on the couches facing the TV. It felt wonderful. We cleaned up after ourselves and it was very pleasant. The hotel is about 20 minutes away from the city. If you have a car that is good. The only complaint we had was the bathroom sink and the tub were collecting water every time we used it.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"Quiet and comfortable"
Quiet room and comfortable bed. Slept in so can not speak to the breakfast, but very clean updated room.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Nice clean room with view of river. Good selection at breakfast. Staff were friendly.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
"very satisfying"
Thid is a very good hotel. The staff is always trying to make you feel special. Rooms clean and quiet area.
2 night trip Dec 25, 2013
ad
"Convenient location in Pittsburgh"
Have stayed at the hotel many times since they opened in 2008 and I can see that they have made updates. However the shower curtain was quite dirty and I could see that they seem only to surface clean - the bathroom door was dirty and there were spots on the pictures and frame of the bathroom mirror. Minor things but it makes you think... Breakfast was busy but I guess it was too be expected for the 4th of July weekend. Overall, it was a good stay as we got a room on the top floor and it was very quiet.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2013
M
"Great value in a peaceful spot"
A great stay for the money. A little way out of Pittsburgh (so reckon on taxi / gas spending), but in a quiet spot right on the river which makes it a very peaceful retreat from the city itself. The staff are friendly and the hotel seems quite recently fitted out, so is very comfortable. Free internet and breakfast are a great bonus, too.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013