All hotels in Clairmont, Alberta, Canada

Clean
    Rather comfortable
    Great room
    Location is ok
the hotel was good was far away from downtown the free breakfast at the husky was good.
5 night trip Feb 18, 2016
gordon j
"Not near worth what they're charging."
Good location, lots of parking. Not the cleanest hotel I've stayed at. Front desk staff were confused, took forever to check-in. Then my m/c statement arrives and it turns out that they charged me in US dollars. Even though I booked a hotel in Canada from a location in Canada that said nothing about foreign currency, the Hotels.com girl (from the overseas call-centre) was convinced that they were right to charge me in US dollars. Not sure if this was a Ramada or a Hotes.com issue. Very disappointed, quite frustrated.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2015
My rating is for the king suite. I was traveling with my husband and had privacy to work while he watched TV in the other room. Good room if you don't want to listen to your partner's loud TV . Bathroom is tiny. Restaurant is just okay. My new favorite hotel in Grande Prairie.
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
laura
"comfortable and convenient"
we stayed here because of its local proximity to another location that we needed to be at for work. Much to my surprise, the place was very nice and met my expectations in terms of quality and comfort for the price we paid. Room was clean, didn't use much of the amenities but did partake in the complimentary hot breakfast, which was just ok. the restaurant could beef up its breakfast buffet and this would be excellent! I would stay here again next time I am in the area.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
Sam
"goodstayattheramada"
very pleasant...nicer than expected...staff was helpful...no problems encounterd
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
"Big hotel"
Hotel is in the industrial part of town. Equipment dealerships etc. The hotel has an artsched truckstop. There is a Husky Resaurant in the back of the hotel where you can get the complimentary breakfast. Convenience store as well. Overall good stay. Friendly staff.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
Ace
"close to hiway access"
the location was great to access from the hiway. the room was very comfortable and overall a very nice place to stay.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2013
Rod

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Grand Prairie Getaway"
We had a fantastic time there with family, played games in the lobby, one evening. The breakfast was a hot buffet and included!! We were close to our son's school, and the commute was a short easy one. Check in was fast. Definitely stay here again!
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2016
"Quiet Rooms with Fabulous beds!!"
Once you look past the bad art, mismatched bathroom decor, and the questionable choice of carpet, this hotel truly aims to please. Yes, it is a truck stop. But the beds are fabulous, and the rooms are quiet. When I say fabulous, I mean they are in the same league as you find in a Fairmont or Westin. The staff are equally as wonderful as the bed. Did not eat the breakfast, but the large crew of boys in the lobby seemed very pleased with it. I normally stay at the Podollan, as I like the bathrooms and central location in town. But decided to try something new as my last few stays at that property were very loud. This room was $80.00 less a night, and I had the most restful sleep in this comfortable/quiet room.
Other trip Jan 17, 2016
Kristin
I left a bag of shopping goods and Bev at the front desk was really helpful;
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Mr. Colin
"Good Night's Sleep"
Hotel and staff were great! Restaurant next door was absolutely disgusting. A little far out of GP but great if dealing in Clairmont.
2 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
I like the fact that the hotel has a good restaurant attached and a lounge as well. Complimentary buffet breakfast in the restaurant in the morning was very good.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
We had a great stay! Comfortable room. Breakfast at adjoining restaurant was included in our stay.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Karen B
"Includes hot breakfast in restaurant"
Good hotel with restaurant next door (convenience store and laundry attached too). Very good hot breakfast. Clean and comfortable.
2 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
"Excellent value for the money."
Huge King bed suite, quiet, clean, comfortable bed, decent HD tv system. Incredible price for what I got (discounted rate - things must be slowing in GP) Even the free "truck-stop" breakfast was great (or at least what you'd expect)
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
jf
"Good for a short stay"
Basic hotel - good for a short stay. Some minor issues: the wifi was terrible. No problems connecting but it was so slow that I tethered from my phone for my entire stay. The thermostat had a mind of its own. No matter how many times I turned it off, it clicked back on and refused to turn off. It's exceptionally loud. Hotel staff was really nice and the room was clean.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
Great value, excellent service
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Great staff, I had pets with me and they treated us great!
2 night trip Sep 11, 2015
Michelle A.
"Nice hotel just outside G.P. but close enough."
We stayed in the suite which had ample room. The king size bed and pillows were very comfortable. Good hot breakfast every day. We stayed there for 4 nights. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it for anyone.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
The staff were friendly and knowledgeable but the room smelled slightly of b.o. I found it odd that the cleaning staff cleaned up our room spotless while we were out for breakfast and we didn't check out yet...
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Clean and comfortable. Would stay there again!
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Jerold
"Surprising!"
Being in an industrial area on a major highway, I really thought the noise would be an issue. It wasn't. Quiet, clean, comfy room. Really relaxing stay. I expected less but was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was there.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Nice hotel on the edge of Grande Prairie"
We went to visit family. It was a perfect location.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
KW
"Great Choice"
Nice size rooms. very Clean and also included a hot breakfast.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Tammy
"Wish we could have stayed longrt."
We were only there overnight, from approximately 8:00pm to 5:00am the next morning. The room was lovely and the bed was so comfortable I hated to have to leave it so early.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"A more than good experience"
When booking we hadn't realized this hotel was outside the city, however, our stay there was lovely. We happened to arrive on guest appreciation night - free beer and pizza ! Our room, which turned out to be a mini-suite, was comfortable, clean, and very affordable.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
a senior
"Getin er dun in GP"
great rooms, 'I'll be back!"
4 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
"Great value for money - great location"
Clean and comfortable. Customer appreciation night was a very nice touch for all the workers staying at the facility. Close to all adjoining highways - very easy access to where you want to go!
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Necessary Improvements"
Bathroom sink drain was plugged....called and got no action. Electric plug at desk was pulled out of wall. Fridge did not work...had to find replacement. Bulbs in bathroom burned out. Checkout clerk was from housekeeping and not really familiar with process. Back door to parking lot is not wheelchair accessible....no ramp! Front door needs asphalt repair at doorway as uneven and trip/ luggage cart hazard. Back parking lot needs large asphalt repair in middle.....hazard!
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
bill
"Another One Night Stay"
Another one night stay lead us to a comfortable bedding and king bed - great nice sleep although train horn woke us up Sunday morning at 6 am . Would stay again - no hall way noise- comments go out to am desk receptionist for correcting a mistake check in receptionist made and funded our money regarding pet fee. Greatly appreciated as we were charged for the entire weekend when it was only one night stay. Free breakfast was ok although eggs were uneddible and the buffet food was not fresh as it should have been .
1 night trip Aug 8, 2015
Nice and clean, bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was nice.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Ian
"Good hotel"
The hotel, in itself, was clean, comfortable and provided an enjoyable stay. Although they have the area and set up to provide a continental breakfast or self-serve buffet themselves, the free breakfast was provided by the Husky Restaurant next door. While it was appreciated, the selection of buffet items at the Husky restaurant was minimal and institutional in nature & taste. Overall, the stay & food was pretty good. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
Brent
"Nice and clean"
My first time there,everything was great .i have no negative comments.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
rick
"Excellant Hotel."
A great hotel. Couldnt say enough about the quality of service and the wonderfully friendly and efficient staff. We loved our room. It had a separate sitting,reading area with a TV. The bedroom was separated from it by opaque glass doors. All was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was smorg style at the attached restaurant.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
David D
"Great service, clean and comfortable stay"
Very nice newer facility the service was excellent the room was clean and comfortable!! Would stay here again and will recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place to stay for a reasonable price!!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Nice hotel. Needs a pool."
Overall the hotel was good. But the clerk we delt with at Checkin was unfriendly and quite rude when we asked questions. And there was a bag of emptie alcohol bottles left in our room.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
dan
"Just outside of town"
Wonderful friendly staff and an amazing breakfast ( if you are eating with kids let them share we had WAY too much food). Quick easy trip into the city and our room was very spacious , clean and the whole hotel looked new.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Never a bad stay at Clairmont Ramada"
We stay here quite frequently, and have never had a bad stay. He rooms are well kept, and very clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and courteous.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Douglas
I ended up staying for an extra night and they charged me an extra $50
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
The stay was great. Booked thru hotels.com. But never received a receipt for the hotel. Will go directly thru hotel next time instead of hotel.com
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
"Should be your first choice"
I feel like I got my money's worth. The included breakfast was great and they were extremely flexible with the time. If I'm in the area again this would be my first choice.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
dana a
Nice hotel close Grande prairie with a better rate Hot buffet breakfast great staff will stay again
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
silver fox
"Recommended"
Clean, comfortable hotel. Free breakfast at the Husky diner next door and if you miss that you can still use your free vouchers all day for a choice of 3 breakfasts. Need a car as it is a little out of the way of downtown Grande Prairie.
3 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Good overall. Anu a good front desk person. Good bed. Good pub
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
It was a very clean hotel staff was friendly enough. When checking in they offered no information about the breakfastlike when it started and ended ant that it wasn't even in the actual hotel that it was in restaurant next store and you needed a voucher. Also had issues with sprinkler system that set off alarms at 2 am and we had to evacuate and went off like 3 more times before it was fixed made for a sleepless night.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Sherry
Room was very clean, staff very friendly.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2015
judy
Great hotel in the industrial area of northern Grande Prairie. Breakfast was provided at the Husky House restaurant which is accessible without going outside.
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"GREAT FOR BUSINESS TRAVEL"
Its all under one roof nice comfortable rooms restaurant, bar , convenience store and gas station and good internet connections at a very reasonable price and it even includes a proper breakfast when you want it. All I need for a mobile office location
4 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
richard
"Business travel to Grande Prairie, AB"
The facility is called "Truck Stop Ramada" and that is what it is. The is a huge area for big rig parking and a good, old truck stop restaurant that probably has the best steak and egg breakfast in the area but they are missing biscuits and gravy! Otherwise you'ld swear you're in Grand Prairie, TX with all the Oil Well Service rigs parked around the building. Everything worked but the accessible room needs another vertical grab rail on the outside of the tub, as it is embarassing to call the fire dept. with the old, "I've slipped and fallen and can't get up" although Billy-bob and Bubba could probably help if they call them out of their rigs!
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
Roberto48
"Nice hotel outside of Grande Prairie"
Good experience. The desk clerk was very helpful.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015