All hotels in South Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States of America
97 South Shore Drive, South Yarmouth, MA, 02664, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
  • Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Great amenities
    Great pool
    Bad breakfast
"Columbus Day-Birthday Getaway"
What is not to like! We stayed for for 2 nights....wish it had been longer!! When we arrived we were greeted by a sweet friendly young lady at the front desk. We were early and planned on just peeking in before we went to the market. She told us your room is ready and continued to check us in at noon!! We had a ground floor corner room overlooking the pool area. We had one of the smaller patios which we didn't mind...it was decorated beautifully with lovely plants and flowers. If your friendly and injoy people this floor is the place to be. We met some wonderful people. I planned our trip 9 months in advance and they also upgraded us to that room for free!! Everything was clean....the hot tub was perfect....pool little...well maybe alittle more than chilly in October....but, inside pool was nice as well..........the walks on the beach steps away!!! It was a beautiful weekend with beautiful weather and fireworks we could watch right from our patio!! Staying next year as well!!!!!
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Lizzy
"Excellent!!! Love it."
It was wonderful. The pool was heated outside. I have been here numerous times.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Sabrina
"Don't stay anywhere else...beautiful beach & hotel"
We had never been to Cape Cod before. It's always tough to choose a hotel; however, if we had not chosen one on the beach we would have completely missed the "Cape Cod" experience. We had such a difficult time driving/getting lost on Cape Cod (none of the secondary roads are marked, and round-about directions are aweful!) that we would have left there absolutely hating our trip. Staying at the Ocean Mist made all the difference. Excellent value and very nice staff.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
Cheryl
FANTASTIC
1 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2015
Deborah
Hotel is right on the beach in South Yarmouth. It was a great central location for biking, which we came for, but we also enjoyed walking on the nearly deserted beach in October. Room safe also allowed us to lock up valuables while biking.
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2015
"Amazing!"
Amazing! Since we stayed just one day, he gave us an upgrade to an ocean view room. He suggested Skippers for dinner and was the best meal on our vacation to New England.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
Traci
"Great Getaway"
I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the cape. It was centrally located. The rooms were modern, large and clean. We had our own patio with a table and a comfy loveseat. It is also steps from the beach (the hotel has a private one). We did not use the pool or hot tub but both looked clean. At night there is a fire pit for guests to sit around. We had a great time!
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Best place on the Cape!"
Excellent service & staff, very clean room accommodating staff from front desk to housekeeping, great ocean view, beautiful beach front room, and advice on where to eat was also superb! I've recommended this hotel to family & friends & can't wait to return myself!
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
Debra
"Lovely!"
The perfect place to stay in Yarmouth.
1 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2015
Eileen
"Authentic Cape Cod"
Beautiful view from grounds. Authentic Cape Cod hotel. Loved it here and for the price we would definitely go back.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Adrienne
"Overall Great Experience"
Rooms have been beautifully remodeled. Minor maintenance/repair issue as dresser drawer broken and off its track. Staff advised it would be repaired. Beach area is small but sufficient. Pools and jacuzzi are a decent size. Note no elevator for guests staying in 2nd floor rooms. 1st floor patio rooms have a nice seating area and double cushioned lounge. Overall great experience. Will return.
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
"Weekend family Getaway"
Great location right in the beach. We stayed in a loft suite which was very spacious and accommodating.
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Marc
"Towels were always out"
We were always waiting for towels which would arrive any min we were told...but never did!
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Pleasantly Surprised"
We were given an upgrade on our room which we enjoyed very much; had 2 balconies, nice functional kitchen with table and an upstairs loft area with a sofa and television.
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Martin
"Will stay here again."
We had an amazing stay here and for sure will go back again!!
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
HSIAOCHING
Very clean room... Amazing location on the beach... Staff was really great and helpful... Definetly coming back. The only thing this hotel lacks is a small bar by the pool or beach ... It be nice to get a beach side drink or a snack ...
1 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2015
olaf
Beautiful weather. Walk out of your room to the beach or the pool. Staff was friendly and tended to any needs we had.
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
"Disappointing service, but great location"
The location is wonderful, the rooms are great in terms of space and amenities, and the outside patio is an added bonus, BUT and its a huge BUT. We arrived and there was no one at the front desk to greet us. After about 5 min of waiting someone peeked in and said "I am on break, no one is here?". This was obvious no one was there... Waited some more and the person showed up, no apologies checked us in. Towel service is horrific. They run out of Towels both for the rooms and especially for the pool. I had to ask two separate employees about pool towels while my kids were already in the pool and they have not even acknowledge me. 45 min later I had to leave my kids in the pool and run to the room to pick up some towels so they could leave the pool it was very windy outside and they would be cold without towels. These are BASIC things nothing outrageous that we expected. Again, no apologies. Upon checkout not even one question about our stay or wishing that we come back again... Very disappointing. If they improve their customer service this could be a great place to stay....
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"ok but not great"
No place to purchase drinks or snacks lunch etc bath room very Small Beach full of sea weed chairs on beach very uncomfortable
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
robert
"wonderful place to stay. We will retun!"
Greated by friendly staff. Room was spotless. Wonderful ocean view.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Patty
"Updated rooms on a beautiful stretch of beach."
There are lots of places to stay on this stretch of beach in South Yarmouth, mostly owned by a chain. This lovely spot stands alone as a much nicer alternative to those, and Ocean Mist doesn't charge an "additional guest" charge when staying with kids which, in my opinion is ridiculous, the room costs what it costs, or a resort fee. The rooms are tastefully updated, many with kitchenettes and ours had a lovely patio with a comfy chaise and table and chairs, facing the pool and with a nice view of the ocean. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, but the beach is the main attraction, just steps from the rooms and beautiful, with with white sand and clear, warm water (in August). The beach is walk-able for a pretty long stretch on either side. Rooms get musty this close to the water, but everything appears new and clean, and the staff is friendly and attentive. We would definitely go back again.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Dorothea
"Great First Time Experience in Cape Cod"
I was pleasantly surprised with this resort. I was skeptical at first because I have never been to the Cape and other people's reviews easily turn me off, but I don't regret booking our stay here. The resort is convenient to everything (close proximity to restaurants, even did our food shopping at nearby Stop and Shop!). The kitchenette made things easier for us as we cooked breakfast on a daily basis and this saved us money. The only thing is, people need to be aware that you will need to provide your own cookware (I think they mentioned that on their website) - glad i saw that so we brought our own. I do agree with some reviewers that they may need to do some cleaning of the beach due to the seaweeds (there's tons of them!) but that did not stop some people from bathing anyway (though my son who is an avid Ocean-swimmer was disgusted that he opted for the pools instead). The Wifi was slow at times but you'll be luckier if you use it very early in the AM (when you're insomniac like me). Never had issues with towels - I always see the staff replenishing them. Speaking of staff, I have to commend them for their professionalism and attentiveness - we never had issues with them at all. If we were to stay here again (most likely!), we're definitely staying in the Poolside Queen Bed w/ Private Patio only. Overall, we had a great experience with Ocean Mist. Thank you!
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"Relaxing"
My husband and I had lots of fun. The Only complain I have is that there wasn't any water at the room, meaning bottle Of water I had to go all the way to the lobby to get some. (Cheap) Also we had two beds in our room and I told he housekeeper just do one bed cuz the other one I didn't use it. When I went back in the room that's all She did. I don't know if she didn't understand me or what? Bathroom wasn't cleaned either the huge miror we had. But other than that everything was good. The water at beach was warm and clear. Indoor pool had too much bleach, outside pool awesome!!!!
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Cindy
"Nice location but need better service"
Shower gel was half used! No regular coffee in the room and our door was really hard to open or close. The location was really nice & awesome but for the price you pay, it could have been better.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Gregory
"On the beach and pool"
Unresponsive staff for the most part. When we arrived the firs day the jacuzzi was hot and bubbly. 2 days later it was cold. I reported it to the office (young blonde girl) as well as the pool gate that had come unhinged at the bottom allowing little children to have access without an elder's watchfulness. Next day the gate was fixed. I observed 2 young guys doing a chemical check of the pool and jaczzi. I went to feel the jacuzzi water and it was still ice cold. I saw a supervisor with the 2 young guys and advised her the jacuzzi was cold. Not only did she check but she made sure it was fixed. Kudos to her - not so much to the staff. The pool and room were constantly out of towels. There were some others at the pool who also commented they called the office for pool towels and an hour later had no response and no towels. I went to the indoor pool and retrieved some towels and distributed them to the people at the pool who phoned the office (which could hav also been done by the staff). Room service was efficient but a few days it was 3-4PM until the room was clean. We stayed on the first floor and had 2 king beds. The outside had a beautiful patio with 4 chairs and a table as well as a cushioned couch. Definitely the best rooms of all.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Memorable family trip"
So nice to be right on the beach! Since we could walk right down it was easy to get up and walk the beach at sunrise. Kids had a great time just playing there; we really didn't need to go anywhere! I thought the room looked recently renovated and appeared to be very clean--especially considering everyone has to be dragging in sand no matter how careful. Can't imagine why the bathroom doesn't have an exhaust fan in a climate that is so humid though. Liked having the ability to wash the suits and beach towels right there on the premises before packing to head home.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Nice hotel close to beach."
Market kitchenette with table and private patio. I was going to have groceries delivered however when I arrived there was nothing more than a small minibar fridge, sink, microwave, stove with NO cookware. Should not advertise at full kitchenette or private patio. There is a patio/courtyard you walk thru to get to your front door by the parking lot however it is NOT private.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Best place you'll find in Yarmouth."
Family vacation on first trip to the Cape. Hotel was right on the beach and closer than probably any other we saw in Yarmouth. Lush, well manicured property. Building exterior was well maintained and up to date. Indoor and outdoor pools both looked well maintained and clean. We had two loft rooms. Clean and very spacious. We took a walk about one mile up the beach and 1/4 down the beach. We were very satisfied this was the best location, cleanest and most appealing. One problem we encountered was the hotel management. We arrived well after check-in time and made to wait 2 hours before one of our 2 rooms were ready. The next day the cleaning staff overlooked our room. Multiple calls and a visit to the front desk to get it refreshed. Hotel manager listened, but no apology. One other drawback was the beach. While enjoyable and inviting, it was the narrowest of all the resorts we saw but definitely accommodating enough for everyone at the hotel. For those like us not familiar with tis part of the Cape, don't plan on doing any surfing or boogie boarding. Waves are very small and calm. This may appeal to families with small children but our older children with more experience in heavy surf were a little disappointed. If we return to the Cape without the kids we would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Cape Cod Getaway."
Comfortable spot next to the beach. Not a big family place fan (lots of kids & teens) but this was good or the parents that were there knew how to keep their kids in control. Not a big beach directly on the property but access to other spots on the beach make up for tight space.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
D.
"Wonderful location"
Excellent
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
maureen
"Love this place!"
Perfect location, right on the beach just what we wanted! Had the most relaxing time here. Everything was perfect except one thing: the closet had no hanging rod in it, asked for it to be fixed numerous times, and still was not completed over our stay. Other than that, can't wait to go back with my family!
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Nice hotel on the Beach"
So relaxing to have a small kitchenette, patio, private beach with lounge chairs and a pool right out my door. It did not seem crowded, though most parking spots were filled. I think the size is just right. The place is kept up well and nicely landscaped. The bathroom was small, but adequate. The beach is narrow but nice sand and not too rocky. You can walk for quite a way in either direction. I found nice shells. It is very mellow with mostly families and older couples. For me it was perfect.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Excellent stay!"
Selected this hotel due to the availability of a loft suite since two couples were going to be sharing the space. The room was super spacious and the loft sitting area with the sleeper sofa had its own balcony and closet space. The bathroom was average size but allowed for plenty of space. Although our room faced the parking area, we could see the ocean from the loft skylight. The staff all appeared young, but very experienced and capable. The hotel has its own beach, indoor AND outdoor pools, was within walking distance to a great restaurant, and within a short drive or bicycle ride to other amenities. Overall, great place where we would certainly stay again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
AZluv2trvl
"Jul 4th 2015 Weekend"
Two Thumbs Way UP!!!
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great location to stay at."
They have upgraded the facilities since my last visit. rooms a comfy you get a small kitchenette with microwave and firdge. private beach is good(just have to claim spots early in the morning). the only down side is if you are on the bottom floor you hear people running around on the top floor which is annoying while trying to sleep at night.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Ed
"On the beach"
Checkin was quick. We were in a newly renovated room. The tub faucet was leaking and the staff arrived within minutes of my call to fix it. Great location right on the beach.The room was a good size. However if you are staying with your family the bathroom is extremely small!!! When you walk into the bathroom you need to turn sideways to close the door being careful to not fall into the tub or toilet. Our door did not close, this is a quick fix by planing the door by any handy man. The door to the room also STUCK so it was a workout opening and closing.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Cape Cod visit"
The room layout was fabulous; loft suite. So our daughters, ages 6 and 9 years, had their own space in the loft while my husband and I had the downstairs. Spacious room with walkout balcony (there was a walkout balcony on the loft level, too). The major disappointment was that the advertised courtyard view is a view of the parking lot. In fact, the hotel does not have a proper courtyard. The parking lot is in the middle of the two sections of the hotel. Those units closer to the beach are the advertised ocean view when none of those rooms have a view of the ocean. The only rooms that have a view of the ocean are the rooms on the ends of each section and at the newest addition (which was not mentioned on the site). Another disappointment was the hotel does not have any beach umbrellas. Patrons were expected to provide their own. We had traveled there from the Midwest and were in no position to bring nor purchase an umbrella. Other hotels nearby provided umbrellas for their patrons. Other little things of inconvenience included no towels at either pool, towels were not replaced in our room, the beds were uncomfortable and the hook on the back of the bathroom door was unusable (i.e., falling off the door). We addressed our concerns with the hotel staff. Towels were brought in good time to the pools and our room and hook was left in disrepair. Although the location on the Cape is beautiful, we will stay elsewhere when we make a return visit.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Nice clean comfortable hotel."
Really nice hotel. Will return. Very laid back. The little patio makes the hotel very comfortable. Room was very clean, beds comfortable. It was like having a little condo. We like being left alone to be comfortable like a second home and this hotel is it. We will definitely go back. No onsite restaurants but many very close and one great one within walking distance - 3 minutes.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
KD
"Great rooms and view"
Every thing was great! We never did figure out why there was no show curtain but that was the only concern.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"You won't be disappointed!"
Very comfortable, updated resort with lovely private beach. Would definitely go back.
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Excellent experience. Brand new wing with back patio right on beach. The town of Dennis decided that the weather may not be too favorable on July 4th, so they opted to have their Fire Work display early. We sat in lounge chairs outside our room and witnessed an amazing show on the beach. Incredible stay, friendly employees, memorable time. Thank You.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
The hotel is very nice. One thing that was awful was that in room 105 the toilet was broken and kept clogging- it was quite gross! They made us wait 3 hours before Maintenance guy was able to bring us a plunger. Then they left plunger on our patio all day! Besides that mishap- everything else was fine.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
apps
"Nice location with minor annoyances"
We have two boys 5 & 10. It was nice having both an inside and outside pool in addition to the ocean for swimming. The room had a musty smell to it and it seemed to wear off after a few days of dry weather. It came back the morning we left as it was rainy all night long. The other thing that was annoying was that we could hear every time the people on the floor above us walked around because the floors (ours too) were squeaky. The beds were super comfortable and having a porch area was nice too.
4 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Nice hotel, right on the beach"
The hotel is nice, just what we needed. We got the room with a kitchnette which was great. The room was very spacious. The hotel is right in front of the beach which is wonderful.
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Lisette
"Anniversary stay"
Our visit was nice, only wish they had a snack center.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
RAYMOND
"PERFECT!"
Absolutely perfect! Staff was very friendly and helpful location was also perfect the ocean is just so close it's amazing. Within walking distance of one of the best seafood restaurants me and fiancé have ever ate at.
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Troy
"Cookware please"
No cookware, bottle openers, can openers, and yet you provide a kitchen???
2 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
geoff
"Hidden Gem"
Awesome room, gorgeous view! Great private beach access. Reception was a little slow on check in.
1 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
Kristina
"Relaxing stay"
Wonderful stay with helpful staff
2 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
Staff upgraded us to an ocean view, loft rooms are fantastic, clean, quiet. Strong referral to anyone considering a stay in the area.
2 night trip Jun 9, 2015