All hotels in St Simons Island, Georgia, United States of America
201 Arnold Rd, St Simons Island, GA, 31522, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice views!"
Highly recommend the Oceanfront rooms, very nice view and the hotel is very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
JENNIFER
"Perfection!"
Spur of the moment trip with my college age daughter and her friend. Top notch in every way. Gorgeous views and food was excellent! Our beds were very comfortable. The staff was super sweet. Would definately return.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Tammy
"Great Hotel, under-trained staff"
While the rooms in this hotel are excellent bar none, I believe the staff needs better customer service training. My assessment is based on the following sequence of events: 1) When my wife and I arrived on New Year's Eve, via automobile, at the entrance to the hotel, there were two bellhops on the other side of the glass entry door, and we were clearly visible to them. However, neither one came out to welcome us to the hotel, to greet us, or to offer any assistance with our baggage. My wife and I had had to start unloading our baggage from our car ourselves. Finally, in desperation, I beckoned to one of the bellhops to bring me a trolley for my luggage. It was only then that one of them came out to assist us! 2) Once we were checked into the hotel, we went over to the ECHO restaurant to get information about having our New Year's Eve dinner at your hotel (inexplicably, the receptionist at the front desk did not have this information!). There were two young girls, acting like hostesses, at the entrance to the ECHO restaurant. When we inquired, one of them handed us a menu that did not include the price of dinner and then turned away. She did not ask us if we wanted to make dinner reservations or offer to make them for us. My wife and I got the impression that we were less than welcome to have dinner there, and that she would be fine if we had dinner elsewhere! We are experienced world travelers who did not receive world class service at this hotel.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Wonderful resort"
Beautiful, luxurious and romantic hotel with great attentive staff. Spectacular setting near the village with lots of good restaurants, shops and the pier.
5 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Disappointed they took away the breakfast buffet. Should have good/beverage service outside.
Response by The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
Thank you for your review and comments. Our renovation created a new restaurant space called ECHO that has been well received. We do feature buffets on Holidays but in the meantime we offer great southern coastal cuisine. Being ocean front we do also offer al fresco dining weather permitting. This has also been very popular since the opening of ECHO.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Two Bedroom Villa: Not the Best"
They were doing major construction on the unit above us (title cutting, hammering, etc.) all day. Not a very gracious time for the guests when: (a) it was a holiday, and (b) the hotel was at almost capacity. The kids couldn't take naps...somewhat essential for a hotel. For a hotel/resort that bills itself as a premier location, there were also some items that failed to meet a basic hotel level: hot water wouldn't last a full shower, and the heat wasn't working well.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Awesome view and service. Survey requires too much commentary.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Papa
"made a busy weekend nice and easy"
Hotel was great, the hotel bar and restaurant was very nice. We enjoyed sitting out by the fire pit with a few cocktails. The only draw back which this is a touch complaint. The doors are thin, I could hear room service opening and closing doors in the morning. All and all a great spot to come. Offers a great location, good restaurants a block away if you don't want to eat at the ocean front hotel restaurant.
Response by The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
Thank you for your kind review. Our renovation last year has had a great impact on our public spaces and I am glad you were able to enjoy them. Pleas accept our apologies for the noisy room service door, we are looking into a correction for that issue. Again we appreciate you feedback and generous review.
2 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Cameron
"come on down"
as usual the hotel was great form parking to leaving./ every thing was perfect for our weekend .couldn't have asked for better service from the bar /restaurant to the room
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
PAUL
"Ocean view was wonderful"
While we loved the balcony and the ocean view, the building is in need of updating. The room had some wear and tear, mostly the walls, and the sink only offered cold water. The room temperature was hard to maintain and keep comfortable and the tv was horrible!!! Blurred channels and no clear signal, the weather was lovely. However, the lobby was elegant, the staff friendly and nice and the location (oceanfront) cannot be beat.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
"Dirty room"
Carpet was filthy and not been cleaned or vacuumed- throw on bed was dirty
3 night trip Nov 20, 2014
We had an excellent stay. The rooms were nice, the view great, and the grounds well kept.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
TRV
"King and Prince Two day, three night stay"
The hotel is well appointed, right on the beach, clean, comfortable, and quiet. It was a very pleasant stay.
retired educato
It was a fabulous place to stay. I plan on returning at some point again
"AOPA FLY IN AND STAY AT THE KING AND PRINCE HOTEL"
We flew our personal airplane into the SSI airport for the AOPA end of the year flyin. The King and Prince Hotel is only 1 mile from the airport and they provided continuous transportation to and from the hotel for the flyin participants. We stayed Friday and Saturday night and found the hotel to be very nice with very good service. We will certainly go back again as well as recommend it to our friends.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Good location."
We didn't stay in the main building. We stayed in the Oglethorpe bldg next door which only had 8 rooms on two floors. No elevator. Very quiet. Everything was fine, but nothing special. The TV had a dvd player but wouldn't play Blu-Ray discs. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
"The King and Prince are a royal treat."
The King and Prince is an outstanding, contemporary Historic hotel. The ocean is just outside your balcony. The pools are inviting. The staff was excellent focused on how can I make your stay better, especially Geney.
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
"Great vacation"
We took a long weekend at the beach and enjoyed ourselves on the island. The service on checkin was confusing because we had two rooms with two couples and they checked us into the same room, but it was easily fixed. The rooms were spacious and clean.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
SSC
"K & P perfect place for a short getaway."
St. Simon's was a last minute weekend getaway destination. K & P was the perfect location, amenities, cleanliness, staff, can't say enough good things. Looking forward to going back, maybe for a girl's weekend, or solo visit as well as a couple. Great off-season price!
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
Cathy
"Hope to stay at this resort again"
Have wonderful memories of our stay at this resort, including viewing the rising of a 'red' moon over the ocean while we were eating a wonderful meal near the beach front.
2 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
"Top notch facility with reasonable price!"
This was an absolutely wonderful facility. The room was modern and gorgeous. We had our own beach (although shared with other in our building)! Our room with its own porch overlooked the water. It has an outdoor bar and grill. Noise from other residents was negligible. The only thing that as slightly inconvenient was proximity to restaurants. But I would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort The King"
great place to stay. Convenient to a lot of places you might want to go.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
tony
"For the money paid..."
It was a beautiful resort on a beautiful part of the beach. I paid for a beach front room and I got the added bonus of beach front with 3 huge trees in the line of sight. The bathrooms are very Holiday Inn and a little extra info the bathtub is very slippery found that out after I slid to my butt. The grounds are very clean there are some great little bars less than a block away. I will stay again just not upgrade for the nicer room.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Nikki
"Nice hotel on the beach."
Stayed here before and was really looking forward to going back. Very surprised by smallish room with tremendously loud AC! Had to turn it off to sleep at night! Otherwise, staff very attentive & lots of amenities.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
No complaints. Pool area is very nice and right on the beach. I think it is worth it to pay extra for ocean front room. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a great stay!
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2014
"Nice hotel but needs maintenance"
Nice hotel, but room disappointing. Steps to room dirty and not in nice condition. Same for painting outside our room. The room itself had shabby carpeting that needs to be replaced. Awoke during the night when the air conditioner would go on and blasted with much noise. A mediocre room. But on the plus side it did have a new flatscreen television. Before we left we had breakfast outside and that could not have been nicer. Lovely setting, nice comfortable furniture, nice service, and a good quality food.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Inge
"Nice Hotel on Beach"
Hotel was very nice, clean, staff were accommodating, and pool was nice. Only issue were the room keys which also operates the pool area, allows you to access beach, and gym. The keys would not work and had to change them out approx. 3 times.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"excellent"
Loved it! Perfect getaway to relax with sun and ocean waves, chairs, umbrellas, food and drink. Recommend oceanfront room, balcony totally worth it. Great restaurants close by, including the one onsite. I would stay again next week if I could. Worth every penny.
4 night trip Aug 10, 2014
pia
"Perfect Birthday Weekend"
This was our first trip to Saint Simons. The weather wasn't expected to great over the weekend, and turned out having a few beautiful hours by the pool. Since the weather wasn't great we didn't feel bad about exploring the island which didn't disappoint. The restaurant, Echo, was delicious! Definitely get the mussels as an appetizer.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Jackie
"Good hotel. Will stay again"
The hotel is very located and maintained. The room is very clean. We really Lennon our stay. However, the shop in the lobby is very small and useless. One time when I got haedache, I couldn't purchase any med. After talking to the front desk, they gave me a tablet of Aleve, and charged me $1.75 for it. Talking about making money on somebody's pain!
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Y. Ren
"Relaxing time on the beach"
This is a beautiful hotel in a prime location. The pool area and lobby are elegant. The ECHO restaurant on site has great food. Staff were very friendly.
Valerie
"St. Simons"
Great hotel & location but thought price of room with no ocean view & not in main hotel was a bit steep.
overpriced! Several employees rude - certainly not customer oriented!! Will not stay there again!
3 night trip Jul 25, 2014
MMac
"Wonderful Week"
I can't express the wonderful service and accommodations my wife and I had at the King & Prince. Wonderful people that showed that beautiful Southern Charm. Our room and bed was exactly what we requested and the staff seem to go out of their way to make us feel welcomed. The only part that was not to our pleasure was the hotel's restaurant - Echo. I was greatly disappointed with the food. I do want to add that the service was great and they did not charge us for one dish my wife couldn't eat. Overall, I recommend this hotel to anyone that plans a trip to St. Simon's.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
Greg
"Charming hotel right on the beach."
Large, beautiful hotel with direct beachfront access. Service was excellent and our room was upgraded to a beachfront room where we could walk right outside our room onto the sand. Beautiful view. Prices at restaurant were very reasonable. Would definitely return.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"King and Prince- St. Simons Island, GA"
Over-priced versus core value for the stay. Attractive and functional facility. Very weak fitness facilities. In room cable TV listings were totally out of date and front desk could not provide an updated one.
Jerr
"Nice Family getaway!"
The King and Prince overall is a nice family getaway. The pools and view were great! A little pricey non the less.! Had a great time will come back again!
3 night trip May 29, 2014
Sgmartin
"Beautiful pool overlooking ocean"
Loved the convenience of hotel, right on the ocean. Beautiful pool area right on the beach. Hotel restaurant on the ocean. Hotel room was very old and needed to be updated. No window at all! Suppose to have view of resort and only could see it when we open our door.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Casual but Very nice -"
With three children, some resorts seem a little stuffy and I worry that some guests may not appreciate the fun the children are having. I did not feel like this - plenty of space for everyone and I didn't have to worry .
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Shannon
"A luxury hotel experience"
It would be impossible to rate any element of this resort lower than a 5! The hotel staff superb on every level; courteous, polite and genuine. Dining at King and Prince was wonderful. Rooms clean and attractive, the beach mood serene and so relaxing.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2014
"Resort nearby the beach"
Stayed on first floor near pool and beach. Excellent Wifi signal when we sat in patio area. Good job!
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Robin
"Awesome hotel"
Luxury all the way!
2 night trip Jun 1, 2014
Jbyrd
"Perfect Stay"
Even with one bad weather day, this was by far the most pleasant, fun, beautiful place to enjoy this incredible island. Our first comment when home and settled in was "so, when are we going back?"
3 night family trip May 31, 2014
John Bensley
"JP's Working Weekend"
Not too Happy, Neither was my wife. The food service was very slow, each and every meal. Their staff is all Asian and new to their jobs. The room was nice, but the ac was stuck on 1 temp cold. The wall control did not change a thing, even when turned off. The unit was noisy. The TV did not get all the channels. The safe fell out of the wall the first day. The Pool was great and the Ocean view spectacular.
Response by The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
Thank you for your recent comments. We are glad that you found our Hotel surroundings enjoyable but we regret that you had so many issues with other items. While we have a relatively new staff with our restaurant only being open for a few months now, we should have been able to offer faster and better service. We hope that you can accept our apologies and trust that with the help of feedback such as yours that we will continually improve our training and services. Again, we appreciate your time and feedback.
4 night business trip May 23, 2014
Jon
"Great alternative to Jekyll Island options"
Super hotel, recently renovated. Nice pools (no hot tub) and right on the beach. Beach chair vendor able to charge directly to the hotel bill, which was nice. Small fruit fly problem in the room that took 2 days for them to spray, but worked out in the end. Close to the town center (5 minute bike ride) and 10 min drive to a grocery store. Very convenient.
Response by The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
I appreciate you taking the time to write regarding your experience at our resort and am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear about the fruit fly problem and glad that the issue was solved to your satisfaction. Please come back soon!
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Lovely hotel close to beach."
Booked a two bedroom Ocean Front Villa room on third floor on Memorial weekend. Short distance from the main hotel- 5 minute walk. Hotel lobby and pool area recently renovated- both look very elegant and inviting. Villa- very clean and spacious. Really enjoyed sitting on the veranda and drinking coffee in the morning and enjoying ocean view. Villa has full kitchen and washer and dryer. We ate most of meals out. Tried Echo a couple of times. Service can be a bit slow- maybe because it was early in season and staff were new. First day our Breakfast served cold and had to send back-by the time my daughter and I received back, my husband had finished his breakfast. Staff sorry for the delay- said that they had been slammed. Given free bowl of fruit while waited for food to return. Ordered room service for breakfast after that- better success. Staff all very helpful and friendly. . Enjoyed smoothies by the pool-delicious. Enjoyed walks on beach in early morning and evenings. During the day, public beach is very busy and crowded. During those times, we headed out to tour the area. Visited Jekyll Island and visited historic district and Driftwood Beach. Very interesting. Also toured the St. Simon's Lighthouse and downtown- great restaurants and shops. The last night, we headed for dinner at Echo and we were able to witness a wedding in progress on the grass outside the restaurant. A lovely bonus! Very happy with dinner. Relaxing visit- will return!
Response by The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
Thank you for your gracious comments! We are indeed proud of our new space. Please accept our apologies for the slow service you encountered and rest assured this is not the norm. We are glad that you found the smoothies and poolside offerings to be so enjoyable. Again, we appreciate the positive review and look forward to seeing you soon!
Pat
"MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND"
THE PROPERTY IS VERY CLEAN AND CENTRALLY LOCATED, POOLS ARE NICE
Response by The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
Thank you for taking the time to write and sharing your recent stay experience at King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort. We are very proud of our facility and glad you enjoyed your visit.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Very Nice Hotel on the beach in St. Simons GA"
Accomodations were very nice. Housekeeping were very efficient and polite. The hotel dining service lacked attention to detail and was rather slow.
Response by The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
Thank you for your kind review and candid comments. We have recently renovated our restaurant to feature a new more casual concept and appreciate your feedback so that we can polish up our service. Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered and we hope that you will return to give us another chance as we have been working through these issues.
"Fun on the Beach"
The service was great except in the restaurant. Very friendly and prompt, but had bad service in the restaurant. It might have been a fluke, but it happened twice.
Response by The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
Thank you for your kind review and for sharing areas that need attention. We will review our service training to ensure that service levels improve. We work diligently to provide the best in service as well as quality of product. We are glad that you found our service to be friendly and prompt and trust that you will come again to find the other details improved. Again, thank you for your time and positive review.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
KG
"Enjoyed as always"
We enjoyed our stay as always, awesome hotel great time with family would definitely recommend. Our family has been coming for years and always had a great time.
Response by The King and Prince Beach & Golf Resort
Thank you for your continuing patronage to the our resort. We are glad you had a wonderful time with your family. It is satisfying to hear from guests such as yourselves that our efforts for exceeding guests expectations are appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.
1 night trip May 10, 2014