All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1401 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.7
    2.1
The room was small. The bathroom was extra small. The hotel phone had no buttons. I couldn't call the front office, I had to walk up there to ask for towels. Will not stay again
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2014
"Could have been better"
Beach view doesn't mean you can see the beach from your room. My room was in an alleyway facing another hotel. Room was very small and didn't have an alarm clock. TV was ancient and only had a couple of channels. Half the lights didn't work in the room either.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
joe
Run down and needs a renovation badly. Parking conditions horrible too.
Response by Rodeway Inn & Suites
We are happy to report for our 2015 season our ocean front rooms have been redone along with our pool. We try to accomodate our guests with the best service.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
The hotel did not look like the add. The room was reasonably clean, but that is all l can say for it. The staff was generally rude and unhelpful. Access To The Beach was Not Easy. There was A Large Parking Lot, But You Could Only Use The Spaces On The Right Hand Side. The Staff Forgot To Mention That. If My Wife Had Not Seen The Little Sign 4 Spaces Down, We Would Have Been Towed On Our First Day. We Talked To Other People There And Every One Of Them Ssid They Would Never Ever stay There Again. Me Too.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
claud
"Dirty,Run Down, Foul Smelling Hallways"
According to the Expedia rating system more than half of those who stayed at this hotel found it acceptable, which is amazing to me. The other guests were very loud into the night, including those across the parking lot in another hotel. The tub was not clean, gross to even shower in, the faucet was wrongly attached, warm, not hot water, came out somewhere in the middle of the radius.I was afraid that the dial was going to come off all together.Shockingly, other hotels nearby, which were much newer and nicer, had signs showing a rate which was cheaper than this one,but I do not think they were part of Expedia.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Ginger
Was a bit run down, but ac worked well and bed was comfy. Hot tub was down for maintenance. Pool was clean. Good value for the money.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2014
"on the beach"
the price was too high, check in was supposed to be at 3pm, but was delayed because the linen truck didnt show on time, the person at the front desk told me " I dont know what to tell you, the linen truck was on it's way a half hour ago and they still arent here" , I asked for a room with a view of the beach, got a room with a view of the neighboring hotel roof and over that was the water. The room smelled like cat urine. The bathrooms were entirely too small and the bathtub was peeling at the bottom. On the upside it was on the beach and a place to sleep and shower so it served the purpose of our stay at the beach.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Sheila
"Ocean Front Hotel"
Good location to attractions, ocean front, and relative cheap for middle of summer. However, had to wait at check in. Only had 2 extra towels for shower second day. Wasn't bad considering I basically shower and slept there as I was out with friends or on the beach. But won't be staying there again.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Anna
"Not bad on the cheap"
The sheets were clean. The bathroom wasn't filthy. It's a beach front hotel, its not going to be in pristine condition, so if you're looking for a Hilton, don't stay here. This is VERY close to the beach. Food Lion is a two block walk away, very convenient!!! Mini Fridge was VERY clean on the inside. Ample parking beneath the hotel which seemed safe. Our car was never messed with. Desk attendant was a bit rude, but all the other staff was very kind and helpful. Gave us extra towels and shampoo upon request. Beach was the least crowded in the area due to several small hotels side by side. Right beside a lifeguard. Worth every penny we spent.
4 night romance trip Jun 22, 2014
Cat
The only reason I wanted to review this hotel, it was old and dirty and stinky, but the African American young girl that helped us with our mess with Expedia did great! She got everything to go through eventually and was very patient!
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"needs to be updated"
room was very small and outdated, water stains,peeling paint,light not working over sink very disappointed.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
BJ
"Nothing like the pictures online!"
Arrived on Friday June 27th. Only stayed one night and that was one night too many! Room had moldy carpets, no door between the room with 2 double beds and the "private" room with the fold out couch that was broken and didn't fold out. We were able to switch to a different Hotel for our last 2 nights which was 100% better in all aspects. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Andy
"great location, but thats what you pay for"
for the one night good, would have been better with 2 nights, but the Hurricane was on its way
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
brian wilkinson
"Ocean front suite. Plenty of towels."
Plenty of towels. No coffee pot in room. But I'm pleased for the amount of money i spent on the room. Had to pay extra $7
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
maria
"Booked on line"
Room not ready at scheduled time tub didn't work toilet had to hold handle down there was white stuff all over the floor our window was cracked keys kept stopping working had 4 people only 3 towels we were unable to get checked in until 4 in the afternoon I will never stay there again pictures online are false advertisement nothing there looks like it does in person
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Susie
"Right on the beach!"
The room is not the nicest, but the bed was comfy and you can't get any closer to the beach!
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"June 23-June 26 Beach trip."
After the first night our stay was ok. The sleeper sofa was very stained, but the room was fairly clean. We did complain about the sofa as someone was supposed to sleep on it, we had to buy an air mattress instead. The pool was very nice and clean.. They need to update some of their equipment there, the fire extinguishers looked very old. The lights outside were dirty and needed cleaning. The staff was nice and tried to help as much as possible, all in all it wasn't bad. I would stay there again, It was a shock when we got there because the online picture does not look like what you see when you arrive. The front area where you check in is very small. The picture showed is the one facing the beach, and it is similar to the photo, just older looking.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
kathy
"Excellent location near the beach."
Rooms could use a little tlc. Check in was easy, and inn was very close to the beach!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"They confirmed my reservations TWICE, but...."
No room waiting for me after 9 hours on the road, with no explanation. Disgraceful.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Dirtiest room I've ever encountered"
Nothing clean about this place, and to top it off there was NO hot water! I don't mean luke warm, like down right cold water.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
brittaney
"Great place to stay for the money."
The staff, from the desk clerk, to the maintenance workers, to the cleaning staff were all very nice. Our room had two double beds and included a small kitchen with sink, stove, refrigerator, and microwave. The actual bathroom was very small. Only room for the tub and toilet and space to open and close the door. We had plenty of towels and the room was clean. It is an older hotel and you can tell it's had better days. The pool and spa were clean and our kids a fun playing there. My only real complaint was that the parking is horrible especially if you have a larger vehicle. We drove our extended cab truck and both nights the main parking area filled up and we had to go the the lower parking area. Our truck would barely fit to get down there and to park there was a nightmare. The second night there wasn't a spot open we could fit in, so the night manager had us park in a non-parking spot that blocked others in and we had to get up early to move it the next morning. They really should require guest with smaller cars park in the lower areas. Besides that we had a great time.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Angel
It was an ok experience but was suppose to have a ocean front room for the weekend but didn't get it till Saturday morning after being declined my room by front desk on Friday night.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Niki
I think the hotel needs remodeling on the outside and work on the elevator. The rooms were very clean and had easy access to the pool and beach.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
This hotel was quite unclean and in very poor condition.. However, the room served it's purpose as our options we're limited. Would not stay here again though. The clerks we're about as friendly as you would expect for a rundown establishment.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Ron
"Pretty much what I expected for the price"
Clean with exception of carpet
7 night trip Jun 1, 2014
A DUMP worst place I'v ever stayed
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
george alford
"Ok hotel close to the beach"
You get what you pay for. Staff was fine -- our check in person was really nice, but everyone after her, well they have a job. They weren't rude, but not overly nice/helpful either. Everything was ok, I don't have any complaints for what I paid it was an ok place. I wouldn't spend a week, but a day or two it's ok.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Small but close to the ocean"
Very friendly staff pools well taken care of quiet family and pet oridented enjoyed my stay
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
(The Rodeway Inn & Suites) this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had, First of all the room was suppose to be a non smoking room when we arrived in the room there was an ash tray on the desk a smoke smell so thick in this suppose to be non smoking room, we had to open the door for a while to air it out, the other guest was so wild and out of control we had to close the door and spray air freshener, then to make matters worst we were told that we couldn't park our motorcycle trailer on the property, I had to go 9 blocks to the public parking garage in bumper to bumper traffic in the rain which was an additional expense, the trip was not enjoyable at all, the hotel was old and out dated and had a (foul smell) in the breezeway alone with trash, The was no control over the guest cars in the parking lot with music playing loud and no respect for anyone, upon checking out there were guest sitting all in front of the office and all in the way while trying to get our luggage to our vehicle. I can go on and on but I won't, this hotel will not be recommended by me and it needs to be demolished, the money I spent on the hotel alone for this Memorial day weekend was off the chart. in 25 years of going to biking events I have never, and I repeat never had a worst time :(
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"Look elsewhere"
What we needed: oceanfront, pet-friendly hotel. Little did we know we booked our stay over "black bike week" over Memorial Day weekend. Big mistake. We were lucky to have a place to park in the parking garage. Our car was blocked in for periods of time. I brought disinfecting wipes into the room and thank goodness for that. I spent the first 15 mins wiping every surface and handle in the room. The furniture is from the 90's. Maybe from a garage sale in the 90's. The AC unit in the suite is not in the same room as the beds, so even blasting at 68 degrees, the sleeping area was always warm. Bring sandals to wear so that your feet don't have to touch the ground. The dog area is disgusting and is used for an ashtray. Not sure what the pet fee is for because the rooms aren't being cleaned anyways. We paid a marked up price for the room due to the holiday. Even at an off-season price, I would never step back on that property. This is one place that gets a giant red X and we will never return. Give Gary the maintenance guy a raise. He was helpful on multiple occasions and seems like a hard worker.
Response by Rodeway Inn & Suites
We apologize for the inconvience. We are happy to report our ocean front rooms have been redone along with our pool. Also, for a little info this year Bike week is May 22-25th. We hope we can book you again in the near the future.
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Not impressed"
My reservation was for 2 rooms with King size beds. When we arrived, they had no rooms with King size beds. We were upgraded to ocean view rooms. The rooms smelled of cigarette smoke. I had reserved non- smoking rooms. We had no hot water in our room. Had to call maintenance. The door to the balcony allowed water in. They didn't even make my sons bed on the second day.
3 night family trip May 15, 2014
Brenda
"Close to the beach is the only good thing a"
You get what you pay for I guess. This hotel is decent if you are on a budget but I would recommend that you save up to get a better one. Just a mediocre hotel
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Better Deals Down the Street"
The beach is nice, but that's were the nice part ends. The parking deck was dirty and creepy. Room was supposed to be no smoking but smelled like people had been smoking in it. It wasn't the cleanest room i've seen. The air conditioning wasn't working the first morning after we arrived.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Patrick
"definitely worth a chance"
The staff was nice but they have a 1 car per room policy which luckily wasn't being enforced during our stay. The facilities are a little in need of a face lift (televisions are the old tube kind so we couldn't plug a computer up, possibly more conveniently located wall outlets but for what I paid and as little time was actually spent in the room over the weekend it was neither a hindrance or hassle.) I would definitely stay again but I would weigh other options as well.
Response by Rodeway Inn & Suites
We apologize for the parking situation. We have have 75 rooms and only have 75 parking spaces. Our sister hotel next door if they have room we can accomodate you there.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Rodeway Inn"
The hotel itself was very very old but it was very clean. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. When i booked my room i thought i booked an oceanfront room and that the hotel included breakfast which i found out after i booked it that they do not serve breakfast. But upon my arrival i received my room key and headed to my room. Went in and it was not what i wanted there was no view of the ocean what so ever, i went back to the front desk and told him i thought i had booked an oceanfront room without hesitation he moved me to an oceanfront room no questions asked and no extra fees!! Very nice front desk guy!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Great !"
Great stay. For two nights I only paid $112. Nothing like a $150/night room but it was a great room for my guest and I. I would definitely go back and stay here. Close to beach and strip.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Location great.. Cleanliness, not so much"
When we arrived at the hotel, I was informed of an additional charge for a "resort" fee which was not listed in the policies & fees. Once we got to the room.. We were pleasantly surprised at the size. The beds were comfortable despite being full size. The main issue I encountered during our stay was dirty linens. The towels were dirty & when we asked for more, we were given more dirty towels (or what appeared to be dirty towels.. Nothing a little bleach couldn't fix if they were in fact laundered.) I definitely would not pay more than I paid during this stay for prime season. The other issue we had is that it was listed that there was a continental breakfast provided.. The only thing provided was coffee in the lobby and if you don't go early, there will be no coffee..You snooze you lose. If you want breakfast, stay next door.
3 night business trip Apr 17, 2014
"Nightmare"
This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I wouldn't recommend it to my dog. I had to file a formal corporate complaint. The amenties that were listed for this rat trap are completely invalid.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
Mrs. James
"TERRIBLE!"
JUST TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (.) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"worst room I ever stayed in...but the room was nic"
Well interestingly enough I went on my annual father and son vacation and this hotel was hard on the eyes. The description on Hotels.com stated they served breakfast.... Which they do not. As soon as I walked in the room the AC cover fell off the AC. I reported and maintenance stuck it back on. And it fell again. No remote control, TV went dark during programing. But a good looking room, small bathroom though.
2 night family trip Apr 13, 2014
Jamie
Pretty basic & affordable
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Cassie
"OK hotel on the beach"
After living in Myrtle Beach for 20 year this was the first time I could lay in my bed and see the ocean. Quite an experience.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Not a great vacation"
The staff was friendly, however, the hotel needs a lot of upgrades, maintenance and to be deeply clean. The mattress are old, and the room smelled old. The biggest dissapointment was the false advertisements of a continental breakfast that didn't exist.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2014
We enjoyed our stay and would do it again
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"Perfect for spring breakers"
If you need somewhere to stay and have some drinks at night and don't wanna be in the hotel all day this is for you
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
clayton
"Perfect for spring breakers"
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
clayton
"Not like the pics. Rather old and not well kept."
The bed was 1/2 soft 1/2 firm, bathroom was cleanish. The carpet was awfull.over all could not wait to leave.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"THE WORST"
THEY GAVE ME A ROOM THAT SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY IN IT. WHEN I WENT TO THE FRONT DESK TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON THEY CHECKED THE SYSTEM AND TOLD ME THAT THE ROOM THEY GAVE ME WAS LISTED AS NOT CLEANED TODAY IN THEIR COMPUTER, SO BASICALLY THEY HAD SOME ONE OCCUYPING THE ROOM THAT THEY DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT! NIGHTMARE!! STAY AWAY!! YOU TRULY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
RHEA
"Basic Hotel, Nice Location"
Nothing special, but clean and safe. I was not there during the high season, so maybe it is different during the summer. It was quiet when I was there. Desk clerk not very knowledgeable on services provided.
3 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"Beach hotel"
Nothing seemed to work and the customer service was not prepared.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014