All hotels in O'Fallon, Illinois, United States of America

Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
"Cool place to chill"
Stayed for a week. Liked the fact that I could house and cook some of my favorite foods as opposed to forcibly eating out. I feel like the swapping of towels and other supplies could be improved. Didn't like the fact that some of the long term guests used the hallway for a hangout spot. Overall would come again but make special request for a room location preference.
Family trip Apr 18, 2016
"Okay for the price."
Although good service from the one person working could not expect anything more for service due to the fact she was the only one working.
Family trip Apr 18, 2016
"Very dirty & poorly supplied"
Absolutely gross, filthy and lacking basic hotel supplies for the number of room available. shoe stuck to the floors, elevators had trash in them, bathrooms had dirt and hair buildup along walls and corners, coffee pot has residue buildup in filter section, the way only 1 little trash can in the room which was in the bathroom. room pillows were the size of couch throw pillows and when asked for an additional towel for my party of 3 since room only had 2, I was told they were out but we could use a floor map. guess this is my lesson in YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Other trip Apr 17, 2016
Tina Leonard
"will stay again. nice for the price"
This was a nice hotel for our budget. Having a kitchen in the rooms was a plus with our family of 6. Not enough dishes but we bought disposable anyway. The staff was always helpful. Only downside to our floor was the hallway carpet was filthy. Both of our rooms were great!!
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2016
Michele
Hotel smelled of smoke. Carpets were stained. Pool area dirty. Mattresses very uncomfortable.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2016
no 24 hour front desk. guy walking around claiming to be some kind of maintenance in street clothes and was very unprofessional
1 night trip Mar 15, 2016
"Branson's Bound"
Just stopped for the night was quite hard to find but very nice great places to eat near by
Response by Home Towne Suites O'Fallon
Thank you for the kind review. Hope you had a safe trip to Branson.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2016
Sally
"Good for the Money"
Stopped in for a night as we drove through town on way to Atlanta. It was good for the money. Clean. Nothing special. It was a place to rest and that's about it. No staff on duty after 11:00 pm.
Response by Home Towne Suites O'Fallon
Thank you for the kind review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct the front desk is not attended after hours but we have a courtesy officer on site for an needs. Hope to see you again soon
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2016
Gordon
Overall stay was ok. However, we stayed for 3 nights and 2 of the mornings hotel staff just walked in without knocking. The pool was quite gross couldn't see the bottom, scum floating on top, and mold around the edge of the spa. Additionally the spa did not work properly, the jets didn't work nor did the heating. The heated pool was warmer then the spa. Room was nice and cozy, not recommend if you are wanting to swim or use the spa. All issues were brought to the attention or the general manager.
3 night family trip Feb 25, 2016
Kristin
Great
1 night trip Feb 19, 2016
sonja
"Always satisfied!"
This was our 3rd year staying at this location. We enjoy the comfort and convenience to the conference we attend yearly.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2016
Yolinda
"Simple Getaway. Decent location"
Booked the hotel for a simple weekend getaway. Hotels.com didn't mention a $25 deposit at the front desk. Home Towne Suites is actually meant for longer stays. We only booked for a night so they had a deposit fee. Overall we were satisfied with the stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
Wasn't Happy...2nd Time in A Month I Stayed Here...Both Times Indoor Pool Was Closed For 2 Different Reasons
2 night trip Feb 1, 2016
Wes
Very nice stay. Front desk employees very nice and helpful. Will stay again.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2016
Oberlin
The first room we (my husband, myself, and daughter) were given had 2 roaches in the bathroom. We called and were immediately given an upgraded room, which was appreciated. However, while the upgraded room didn't have roaches, it also didn't have bedding for the pull out sofa for our daughter,or enough towels. We had to go get that from the front desk. The room wasn't dusted recently, as I saw a dust layer on the bathroom faucet. We stayed in that room, but will not be returning to this hotel.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Connie
"No frills but good for the price"
Great rooms for the price. Really neat pool area but unfortunately it's not maintained well. Pools needed cleaned bad. Overall, we will be back.
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
"Nice room, reasonable price"
The service was prompt, friendly, and professional. However, I would instruct the staff to take smoke breaks somewhere other than by the front door. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"Not pillows"
Entered room to see 2 small pillows maybe 12*12 on each bed? Toilet would only flush once every 45 minutes. Safety lock on door was broken off. The room was clean. The staff was very nice and seemed surprised at the difficulty we had. Maybe they have not actually seen the rooms?
Other trip Nov 24, 2015
It was quiet and it wasn't a lot of guests. It was pretty reasonable for the price. I could smell a lot of the guests food that they were cooking while in my room and someone caused a small fire which set the fire alarms in every room off at 8 in the morning. Besides that, I enjoyed my stay. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Nov 22, 2015
Brooke
"Very nice and clean. Recommended"
Very nice hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Kitchenette was very nice. Did not use any of the extra facilities but they looked very clean and we'll maintained. Will stay here again.
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
michael
"Just Okay"
The cable didn't work. I went to the front desk and they told the tv needed to be programmed and the instructions were on the back of the remote. Well. The instructions were worn off. The hotel had a funny smell. Overall, it was just okay.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
"Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else."
When we arrived we were a little over-whelmed with the smell of the dirty pool in the lobby. Once we were checked in, we made it to our room. Walked in and there was a used, dirty fork in the kitchen sink. There were crumbs all over the kitchenette floor, the bed looked as though it was just slept in. For a king size bed to have 3 small pillows on it is pretty insane. We only had 2 towels, which EVERY suite or hotel I have ever stayed in you have at least 4 towels with your hand and face towels.
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Nicole
"Needs upgrades"
The hotel definitely needs a facelift. Rooms are showing age. There was no maid service during our four day stay and we had to go get our own towels from the front desk even after we requested some be brought to the room. We had two towels in the room for two people staying four days. That is unacceptable. The kitchenette did not have any plates, eating utensils or anything except coffee cups to drink with. The one cooking pot was very scorched in the bottom. The toilet paper dispenser was broken and the floors were sticky. Although the room was non smoking, the hallway reeked of smoke. If we hadn't prepaid for the room, I definitely would have switched.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
GMAK
"Nasty i wouldnt send noone bk there"
I didn't get to say they was very rude to me
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
The room was huge - it had a stove, microwave, kitchen area, big bed. Nothing was weird. The hotel front desk people were nice.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Mattress on the floor?"
The hotel bed was literally a mattress on the floor! For the price I was not expecting excellence, but a mattress on the floor and hair all over the bathroom. Glad it was only 1 night.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Matthew
"Very nice, underrated hotel."
This hotel is underrated. It is a VERY NICE hotel, especially for the price. The beds are comfortable, the room was very clean, they had modern televisions (I hate the old school CRTs), they had a swimming pool with a hot tub, appliances in every room (range) and fridge. What more do you need? I have stayed in 4-star hotels and some of them were overrated. This hotel definitely satisfied me and my family.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Phillip
"Quiet stay"
I stayed there for a week. It was a quiet hotel which was good because I was working nights. Didn't use any of the amenities, so can't tell you about those. There is a lot of shopping and restaurants around. I would stay here again.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
"Two night stay."
The Hotel was being remodeled it was hard to tell but our room was brand new and very nice. Even the bed was somewhat softer than most of the budget chains. The staff was great it was a good stay.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Sledgehammer246
"Pluses and Minuses"
The room hadn't been cleaned from the previous occupant but, luckily, that person wasn't a slob. Left a couple of candy wrappers and a bus ticket stub on the night stand, slept on the comforter instead of in the sheets, and took a bath without draining the water. The staff at the front desk was VERY attentive and personable. I've stayed at better hotels and not gotten near the positive attitude these people had. They really made up for the things that weren't right.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Erik
Service sucked. You would be much better off spending the extra $30 and going to Drury.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great place for great price!"
Everyone was very friendly and accommodating! It was a great place to stay while we were passing through :)
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Lindsey
"Nice for the price"
We stayed two nights in the hotel and it was a pleasurable experience. The room rate was reasonable and we had a refrigerator, microwave, toaster and a coffee pot in the room. We scheduled the room at the last minute and was pleasantly surprised seeing the room upon arrival. The hotel is recently remodeled so it is clean and the service was great. The staff was more than accommodating to our needs. The Hotel is easily accessible off of the highway and in a good location.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Vincent
"Noisy Hotel"
I booked this hotel because I need two queen beds and a full size fridge for our one night trip down to Millstadt for the summer All Star Swim Meet. I figured we didn't need anything fancy, just enough room to sleep and the ability to store food for the next day. While the room did meet these requirements, I did not find it comfortable. The beds/pillows were lumpy, the carpet was sticky and had tears in it, in general it just felt unclean. I could have dealt with this, but the worst part was that it was noisy. There was a group of people standing around in front of the building that I could easily hear outside our window- 3 stories up. Also, there were groups of people walking up and down the halls talking loudly, slamming doors, cell phones ringing, etc. late into the evening. And the highway noise was very audible as well. I needed my two young children to get to sleep for their swim meet the next day. And I needed more sleep than I got after the long drive there and the long drive back the next day. It was very frustrating. I thought maybe the loud patrons might be uncommon, but I see others have said the same thing in their reviews. This particular hotel might attract people that tend to loiter. So just beware of these things and bring a sound machine or ear plugs!
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Jaimee
Complete joke!
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"It was very comfortable"
It was very clean and very pleasant it was in the mist of where I was going shopping and in walking distance of restaurants
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"Bad stay"
Changing over business. Bad (rude) check in, it was 20 minutes before check in time and I asked if it would be possible to check in. The woman was acting as if it was an inconvenience, rudely snapping at me that check in was at 3 pm. Nothing was explained how hotel service worked. No maid service only on Thursdays, had to bring used towels to desk to exchange for fresh. No coffee carafe for the coffee pot. No regular coffee, only decaf. Garbage can under sink still full from previous guests, so the room stunk. No direction on what to do with the garbage, no one left theirs in the hall, no extra bags. Pool was out of service for 2 days of my 3 days stay. Water would not drain in tub. Key would not work in door 2nd day. Had to even get toilet paper from desk. No ice facilities in the building. When I tried to call the front desk I got a recording from the operator that the number was out of service. So I called the hotel number directly and an answering machine game on, asking if I wanted to talk to someone I pressed that button and got the same answering message. When I left 3 people were at the desk staring at us and could not even say good bye or have a nice day. not even a head nod. Need to work on greeting guests. When I go to a Dollar store I get greeted by the busy person at the register. I travel frequently and used to hotel stays but this was the worst. Once again I can not express it starts with customer service.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Carr
"Strong paint smell"
My stay was one night only....no breakfast you can cook at the room....what really bothered us was the smell of the new paint and dirtiness in the hallways
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Price was right"
The hotel is being renovated, but the price was right and we were happy with our choice. We would stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Jane
"close to highway and several shopping centers"
overall a good experience especially for the price
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Reatha
"last minute stay"
They were doing renovations. they had no clock or radio in room. room was clean but drab.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Evang01
"Great potential"
Overall, we had a good experience at this hotel. I think (?) the facility was a work in progress? They were donating mattresses, so I think they had replaced beds, and there was a dumpster out front which suggests that they were doing some renovations. Our room was very clean and very nice. However they had not finished painting the lower trim on one of the walls. We were not able to arrive until the middle of the night and, even though we had paid in advance, the hotel lobby was closed and locked. There was a sign on the door with a phone number, and that allowed us to connect enough that someone opened the lobby and honored our reservation. It was a minor inconvenience, but not necessarily a good business practice? If they finish loose ends and keep the lobby open, this is a nice hotel. It was very clean and comfortable.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Suzanne
"I would never recommend this hotel to anyone."
First, the room reservation was wrong and the staff blamed it on Expedia. We were moved to a room with king bed and sofa sleeper; however, as we walked the hallway to our room it appeared that entire set of rooms was under renovation. I think the hotel failed to notify Expedia of the rooms that were NOT available, and decided to blame the mess up on them. Further, the noise from the renovations woke us up before 8am on a Saturday morning. We went for dinner on Fri evening and returned at 9:30. We realized we had no bedding for sleeper sofa. Called the front desk. This turned into a horrible exchange. After being told the bedding was in the wash and would be ready in 20 minutes, I had to go to the front desk to get it only to be given sheets - and it ended up being closer to 35 minutes later. I was told there were no blankets or pillows. I told them to find some. I also said that it was the worst d*** hotel I had ever stayed in. Instead of trying to make me happy or even commiserate, the girl at the front desk gave me an immediate attitude and told me I shouldn't be giving her an attitude. She told me she wasn't going to kiss my a**. This resulted in a yelling match between her and I; and I did curse back at her at that point. I have NEVER stayed at a hotel where the employees did not care at all about their guests satisfaction.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Hot Mess"
Got to check in and they didnt have a room then after 10 minutes of searching they found a room we went to it but it full of matresses and cleaning carts then we went back down to the desk and he search for another 30 mins and came up with a king suite so we went down to check it out and it was Nasty stains all over bed couch looked like muddy dogs had been laying on it now Ive been talking to Expedia and we cant get a call back from the manager to get my refund Horrible service I will be getting my money back even if i have to drive back to the hotel
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Its in the middle of a renovation which is noisy but explains the lower price. Beds were comfortable and clean and the service was great. Worth it if you don't mind a little construction mess.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"Roach Hotel"
I will keep it simple and to the point. Do not stay there at all due to cockroach that I saw in the reserved room's bathroom. Hotel will only refund your deposit but will not refund your booked room to make it right. Thief.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Ralph
"Good location for Metro East"
Nice room. Hotel is undergoing renovations so alot of unpleasant smells like paint. Great TV selections. Enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Nita
A basic hotel. It took care of our needs. Good price . We enjoyed our stay
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Greg
"good for the money"
they have no one at the front desk from 11pm to 7am. the hall carpets were badly stained. the room was clean and comfortable, but maid service is only done weekly. my shower was not draining properly, but they were happy to give me a new room with a working drain. they have a lot of long-term tennants, so the place smells like food cooking. not unpleasant, but a bit different. on friday night before independence day, there were some noisy people, but not enough to wake me.
5 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"not worth the money"
The lack of daily housekeeping and having to go down to the front desk for fresh towels was unacceptable. I was there for a five night stay and not 1 day of housekeeping and non working vending machine was very dissatisfied.
5 night business trip Jul 7, 2015