All hotels in Atascadero, California, United States of America
6505 Morro Rd, 1 Block From 101, Atascadero, CA, 93422, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"What's not to like? Great value for the price!"
I was desperate for overnight lodging near SLO when another reservation booked through another site fell through. Many places were already sold out, and many others were two hundred dollars plus, which I didn't want to pay since this was a functional trip, rather than a vacation. I was somewhat hesitant to book here, given the relatively low ratings. But boy, was I pleasantly surprised. I'd stayed in SLO the night before at a property with a much higher rating, and it had been a disappointment. By comparison, this property was VERY clean, looked almost new, and had much more comfortable beds (and nice Vizio flatscreen TVs, wall-mounted to boot). It couldn't be more convenient, located on 41 just off 101. The people at the front desk, who I assume were the owners, weren't particularly friendly, but they were pleasant and efficient. I'm pretty picky about lodging, and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Quite a find, and a steal compared to SLO lodging, just a few miles north of town! PS: If you're looking for good pizza in the area, I can't recommend highly enough Pizza Planet in Paso Robles. SO good, and another great find!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Overall Satisfaction"
The room was clean and well maintained. The hotel staff was very helpful. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
The shower and sink drains were very slow. When we told the clerk about it in the morning, he made a joke about it. We had no micrio wave and only one serving of coffee.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Jayson
"Front Desk Man - Invasion of Privacy"
My employees stayed here for work related stay. The front desk man entered the room without knocking and brought a camera and took unauthorized pics in an attempt to stop my employees from eating their dinner stating that they are not allowed to eat in the room?????? This is an invasion of privacy and absolutely unacceptable.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Roger
"Average with minimal extras"
Westayed here as a one night stay on our way to another place. The hotel was clean, bed and bedding was fine. Breakfast was minimal, white toast and cereal. No place to eat it as it was in the very small reception area. Room had oldest hairdryer .....at least from the 50's! No shampoo or lotion, just soap. So if you are just going to sleep there it is fine, don't expect any other conviences.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
mar2481
Very expensive and services minimal. Contradicts the name "Best Value."
Pleasant
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
REYNA
"Very rude and unhelpful"
These people are downright nasty. Checking in was painful - unfriendly owner with no desire to help or be friendly. Never saw anything like this. Then, weleft a sweater in the room, and they didn't want to look for it. Afyer multiple calls, they say the never found it. It was there.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
jandm
Good for just spending the night. Don't count on any extras.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Nice hotel near all five cities, and restaurants."
Hotel was in a very nice location near restaurants. Staff was very nice. Overall I didn't think this was a very unpleasant hotel to stay for the night.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Sam
It wasn't spectacular but it wasn't dirty and the staff was very friendly.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Below average"
The room was incredibly average for the price (~$180 for a Saturday night, including taxes and fees). They do not provide coffee pots with the in-room coffee maker. Per the manager, the owners were tired of replacing the pots at $20 when they get broken. No instructions were provided to connect to the wi-fi network and when asked, the front desk could not help with the connection. The continental breakfast (cereal and toast) closes promptly at 9am on Sunday--at 9:05am we were lucky to get coffee--another limit to their amenities that was not specified at check-in. I was never able to connect to their wi-fi and got a cup of cold coffee at their "breakfast" so do not choose this hotel for the free wi-fi or breakfast. The location is only fair to wine tasting destinations and the local restaurants are no better than chains. Next time I will stay closer to Paso at a different chain.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2014
Bed was really hard and felt like laying on a board, pillows were hard as well.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great for one night"
We had a wedding in the area and didn't want to drive home. This hotel offered a fair price and was pretty decent. It wasn't fancy at all, but the rooms were clean and much of the furniture seemed newer. The man at the front desk could really use some lessons in manners. He was abrupt and quite rude (no "please" or "thank you" when asking me for information. Just sort if barked at me "drivers license!") other then that it was just fine! And I tend to be a bit of a snob when it comes to where I let my family sleep.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Jeannette
"Good, clean hotel"
Family-run inn that is conveniently located (walking distance to many places to eat) to El Camino Real, which is the main drag in Atascadero. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, and despite the proximity to the freeway, sound was not an issue. Air conditioning was efficient. Great for a quick family vacation to the area.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
SanD
"The other side of the courtyard."
I paid for queen size bed for our stay. The first night we were given a room with just a full size bed. The second day we were moved to another room with a queen size bed. the worse part of our stay was every day I had to take the key-cards back to the office to be reprogrammed. They made me feel like an idiot. I'm educated,and speak English quite well. They kept telling me I must be putting the key in wrong. WHAT is so difficult about inserting a card with the arrows facing you???
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Grandma
"Outdated & Gross"
The manager was very friendly, but this place was outdated 10 years ago. Beds on top of cinder blocks and 2x4's. Black mold in bathroom! Towels hard, musty smelling and so thin you could almost see through them. Pillows.... No words for them besides it felt like I was sleeping with no pillow. This place needs some money invested into it. Should be shut down for 6 months of much needed renovations. Not worth the $85 a night. Barely worth $29.99 a night seriously. Keep driving to the next town if you can, don't stay there unless your fine with these kind of accommodations .
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
Katherine
"Great for a Cheap Night"
My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the Wine Festival. The man at check in and check out was rude. He never looked me in the eye; he treated my husband with slightly more respect during check-in. And the next morning when we got the pre-packaged baked goods for breakfast, the guy stared at us like we were stealing from him! Very intense! (But this is subjective.) The room itself was more spacious than I expected from a 2-star hotel. It even had a comfy sofa! The bathroom was pretty clean, the bed nicely made, and the AC was a blessing! The bed was VERY comfortable, and a schedule of shows for the cable TV was conveniently left on the bedside table. Toiletries were minimal, but meh, it was near a Wallgreens and Albertsons. The only real complaints I have about the room would be that there was food left over in the freezer of the fridge and the underside of the toilet seat had obviously not been cleaned in a while despite the "sanitized" seal that was placed on the toilet by housekeeping. Overall, I would highly recommend the hotel for a one-night stay.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Una
"Staff excellent"
The staff was very helpful to me. I was cycle touring and needed a first floor room, so they checked and found that the handicap room was available, so they let me have it for the Expedia price. I recommend this motel highly. Bob
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Herb
"Late night stop"
We arrived late on the night we stayed here and the manager was accomidating even though I had made a mistake with the reservation. The room was clean and was just what we needed in the middle of the night. The surrounding area is nice and there are food options, gas and stores nearby.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Comfy beds, Easy to use"
The owner/manager was really nice. He said the mattresses were only two days old and they felt great. The coffee maker hardly worked, but they had coffee in the lobby for continental breakfast. The shower was clean too.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Shawn and Danny make you feel right at home. I thought the tub should have been a little cleaner as there were a couple of hair strands. Beds are brand new and extra firm. Good value for its location to Morrow Bay
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"good price for the quality"
limited continental breakfast, but a plus for the reasonable price.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Updated and roomy"
The room was clean and roomy. The bathroom floor was new. The only negative was the room smelled stale when we arrived. We sprayed some Lysol and got the AC going. When we returned later there was no hint of odor. The room was clean. The staff was polite and helpful. The room was quiet; no noise from neighbors. We enjoyed our stay. The price of $179 +taxes for 4 of us seemed a little steep for the "Budget" hotel, but it was a holiday weekend, and the other motels were charging similarly.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Phil
"perfect stop next to freeway"
stopped for a quick overnight nap with friends on a long drive. the bed was a little old and not very comfy in the middle but can't beat the price. the tv was very old and the remote only worked from about 3 feet away. Didn't bother us much since we were only there to sleep.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
"Everything was acceptable"
Everything was fine. I was not impressed with anything nor was I disappointed with anything. Bare minimum for breakfast, separate heater and A/C which caused a little confusion as to why it was getting hot. Met expectations for the pricing but about as low quality as I would stay with my kids.
1 night family trip May 16, 2014
Alex P.
Service not very friendly.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Mendez
Dated furniture, hard bed, cheap bedding & less than friendly service but it was clean & convinient to the highway
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Bad!"
Bad! Nasty ! Dirty! Rude staff. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip May 4, 2014
kelli
If you need a place to stay with no frills, this place works.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
"Mediocre, outdated but ok for a quick overnighter"
As stated in other reviews, this hotel is older and could definitely use some upgrades. The blankets were thin and worn, mattress sagged but not so bad that I woke up with back pain. Hot water was non existent, I was 1st in the shower and got about 2 min of lukewarm and then cold. Overall the room was clean enough that I didnt cringe letting my one year old daughter stroll around, but there was a stale smell that was counteracted with bleach and cleaning supplies. We stayed the weekend of the SLO marathon so everything in surrounding areas was full and this was all we could get. I recommend searching around, you can definitely find better in the area. If you absolutely have to stay here for the vacancy/price/etc it won't be the worst hotel experience but it's nothing to write home about.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Alicia
"Nice hotel, friendly staff"
We only stayed one night, it is a older hotel but our room was clean and comfortable. We changed from 1 queen to 2 queens last minute and it wasn't a problem, we even got to check in a little early. The location was perfect, right off the freeway, there was a coffee place across the street and food close.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Could be better"
The sheets were clean the tub was clean but the floor was not vacuumed. The manager could be a little more friendly. All in all I would give it to C plus.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Better than I thought"
The staff was very nice and placed me a two queen room instead of a one queen bed to help accommodate my needs without charging extra. The heat/a/c unit worked great and wasn't loud. The cleanliness of the room was better than I thought it was going to be
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Hotel-Americas best VALUE"
I got a smoking room which smelled awful. My room had an adjoining door to another room which did not seem to be very safe because it could easily be unlocked. I could hear the people next to me all night. Overall, not a very cozy stay. However, the room was pretty well cleaned.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Good stopover when driving 101"
very clean; friendly staff. Nice to have a motel room refrigerator that really could keep food cold overnight and re-freeze the traveling "blue ice"
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Liz
I only stay at this motel because of the location but there are better motels in this town. Management is not friendly and their paranoid.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2014
Tammy
"CRAP: don't waste your money"
This hotel was Crap! Especially for the price... The person at the front desk was rude, frigid, and obnoxious. The hotel room looked like someone had just moved-out, very sparse furnishings, poor quality, it really looked like a moving truck had just left. The room was very poorly stocked: 1 cup of coffee for 2 people who need 4 cups just to get started. No shampoo, conditioner, lotion, or any of the other things you would expect in a hotel room. I can't believe I spent this amount on this hotel, and to be treated so poorly by the staff! Never will go back, and would never recommend!!!
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Was okay for 1 night"
Room was very dusty, beds were worn out, mold around the bathtub and sink area. Continental breakfast consisted of a choice of small Danish, white bread to toast, and raisin bran or frosted flakes cereal with an orange-type drink and milk. There is an ice machine and soda machine, but our room had no ice bucket to retrieve any ice.
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2014
"Very Good Value"
This is a little gem of a motel. Very clean and a good value for CA. I like a small number of rooms. Very quiet. Friendly staff and very helpful.
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2014
Arthur
"Enjoyable stay would come again"
Service was very good, especially with late check-in. Was close to where we needed to be and much it much less of a hassle.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
"Trip"
Nice
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
"terrible"
This hotel is the perfect name for roach motel. There was mold in the bath room it had a bad odor in the room. The service was very rude.
2 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
"Clean, Comfortable Basic Lodging"
Shabby, but clean in all the important places. Cordial and helpful front desk personnel. Skip included breakfast and go to McDonalds across the street. My room was very quiet, even though hotel is near the freeway and other major roads.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
"Do not use this hotel!!!!!!"
Worst place I've ever stayed. So we pull in about 8:00pm to check in. Man behind counter seemed upset that we were bothering him and he had better things to do than to take care of us. We have 5 in our family, so got a room with 2 queens and asked for a rollaway to be brought to room. He said it was to late and that he didn't have anyone to do that. At this time, his I assume wife walks in to assist and is just as unfriendly. So I guess he's to lazy to get a rollaway because she can watch counter while he took care of it right?? So then we ask for extra blankets and pillow to make extra bed since no rollaway was available and they charge us $5 for those!!! At this point, our family wa tired and wanted to rest and sleep. We get to a freezing room and try to turn on heater with no success. When we called to front desk to inquire about heater, they made us feel like idiots asking if we were using the right one. Don't all hotel rooms have more than 2 types of heater. The only one we saw was a wall heater that didn't work. After calling, he let us know that the wall heaters haven't worked in years. Use the one hidden under the front curtains. I'm sorry for being a mind reader and not having stayed there before, I should have known this already. They also knew we had 5 in our room, but only gave us 2 towels in bathroom for shower and when we asked if they can bring more, they told us we had to go down to front desk to get them in the freezing cold! More to follow!!
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"Close to the Freeway"
Cutrate motel. Reasonably clean but this motel appears to be fully engaged in cost saving! Examples: 1 ply toilet paper, the continental breakfast offered sliced bread, raisin bran and one other cold cereal. Not open early for the early riser. We had to go across the street to McDonald's to get our coffee at 6 a.m. No Danish or bagels. The hot tub is filled in with cement.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Great Location and Affordable"
I wanted to find a great location for my girlfriend and I to spend a few days away together. I had looked at Shell Beach and Morro Bay but the hotel prices were ridiculous. I found this hotel in Atascadero for a great price and it worked out great. We were only minutes away from Morro Bay and Shell Beach along with San Luis Obispo. It was great. The town of Atascadero had a lot of neat stuff to explore as well. Very quaint. The hotel was clean and for the price, it had everything we needed.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2013
Brian P
"Automatic Lights"
An ok hotel for the price. Biggest drawback was the automatic lights, especially the one in the bathroom. On a midnight trip there the light turns on as well as a very rattling fan. A shock to the system when you want a quick trip and back to sleep. Bathmat was ragged from use.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Jet
"Great Value with excellent location."
Great value with excellent location. I would recommend.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2013
"One of the better places to stay in the region."
I visit this area several times each year, and have stayed in a range of hotels. ABVI just right for the area: convenient, comfortable, and clean. The Owner / Manager is several notches above others. He's cordial and accommodating. If this guy was managing the Ritz-Carlton, maybe you'd see him differently. But he's running a good operation - adding value where value matters to guests. Great location gives travelers quick access to lots of activities - wineries, beach, mountains. The cycling is unparalleled. Good place to stay and explore of a few days. I started every day with excellent coffee from Brew It across the street. Breakfast at Hoover's. Dinner in Cambria, Templeton and Paso. Is it Manhattan or SF? No. But it's as fun and good as the Central Coast gets.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013