All hotels in Exmore, Virginia, United States of America
3446 Lankford Hwy, Exmore, VA, 23350, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Construction until after midnight"
The hotel was OK. Unfortunately our room was right above the pool where they were doing significant repairs and construction. The work was being performed after 11pm at which point I called the front desk to complain. She was apologetic and stated she would walk down and check as they were supposed to be working inside. They had been using a very loud circular saw right below my 2nd floor window. The saw stopped but the hammering and loud conversation continued well past midnight. Needless to say it was not a restful evening.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"Rivetting"
The pool and breakfaast were very good.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
"Very nice hotel. Great Breakfast!"
I was impressed with the continental breakfast. There was something for everyone...a complete buffet spread. The room was clean and comfortable. The indoor pool was a little cold, so we did not spend much time there.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
"Nice, comfortable and clean."
This is a clean and comfortable hotel. We only stayed one night, but the overall experience was very nice. The free breakfast option was perfect. Lots of food options and was well attended by staff.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
PA girl
"Business Trip"
Overall, the Holiday Inn Express met all my basic requirements for business travel. The only negative item is the free breakfast as the food quality needs to be needed. The item aside, I will stay at this facility again when I am on the Virginia Eastern Shore.
1 night trip Dec 11, 2012
"Great Family Place"
Loved it. Breakfast was plentiful with cinnamon buns, biscuits, gravy, sausage and eggs. Our Deluxe Room was very large and easily held me, my wife and two teenage sons. It also had a nice TV that we could hook up our laptop on via HDMI cable. Dog friendly: the carriers for easily fit into the room and the backyard had a nice retention pond area for dog business. Only minus was the pool was not open due to damage from Sandy (two months earlier?). Pool looked nice through the windows.
1 night trip Dec 25, 2012
Family Traveller
"Thanksgiving 2012"
The Hotel advertised the indoor pool and was one of the primary reasons for picking this hotel, yet the Staff had it closed because of "Sandy" yet could provide no details of the issues why it was closed 2 weeks after the storm. The Breakfast bar was not maintained well and food was haphazardly put on the bar. Coffee was warm not hot and the hot water for tea and hot chocolate was cold. The Kitchen staff was rude when asked for things. Front desk personnel tried to correct the issues . Room was great, cleaned and upkept.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"Great place to stay on your way down south"
Everything was better than expected
1 night trip Oct 14, 2012
The stay was very nice the employees were very nice and the rooms were very clean and that made a huge difference. The bed was very comfortable and we were able to relax after a long day. The comfort of a good bed is always a plus. We ask for a noon check out and we got it however the housekeeper was knocking on the door at 10:00 if we ask for a late check out we should have not been disturb at 10:00 a.m. to be ask when we were leaving. Over all the stay was great compared to our other hotel stays. Keep up the good job and we tell our family and friends about our stay at your hotel
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
"near family"
Hotel clean inside & outside; staff very friendly; breakfast was great and really liked the tv with news on in the breakfast dining area.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
Norman
"good stop on the way to OBX"
My family stayed overnight 1 night on our way from philly to the Outer Banks. We could have done the ride straight through, but with 2 little ones, we wanted to take it slow. The kids really enjoyed the pool. The room was clean, but did have a strange smell. My husband thought it smelled like mildew, but I thought it smelled more like cleaning products. The rooms could definitely be better if they were a bit more spacious, but we did have 2 adults, 2 kids. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would recommend this hotel for sure as a stopping point, but I wouldn't want to spend too much time in the town. Not much to do.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
3 night trip Nov 21, 2012
1 night trip Nov 9, 2012

1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Exmore

"Car issues forced us to stay overnight"
08/28/15 Brian S Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
It was a toss up between this hotel and the Hampton Inn. I never stay at a holiday inn and I would say this is an average hotel but the cost does not match the hotel type. It cost $164 for a "king suite" which had a pull out coach bed. It wasn't a bad room, it was clean, big enough and good for a one night stay. I sent son down for extra pillows twice and he was told they didn't have any. I went down myself and finally the manager was able to find two. We also needed extra blankets and had to godown and get them ourselves since the front desk woman was by herself ( she was very very nice but obviously overwhelmed). Breakfast was good enough and the kids did love the pancake machine. Bottom line it's not a bad hotel, just average but more expensive then it should be. Friendly staff though.
"Traveling to Virginia"
08/27/15 pbruno106 South Hempstead, NY
Too tired to continue our travels we spent a night at this Holiday In Express on the way to our daughter's home in Sand bridge, Virginia. The staff was very polite and accommodating. Rooms were spacious and neat. Bed very comfortable...
"very disapointing, unclean and fell on deaf ears"
08/18/15 Mike S Old Saybrook, Connecticut
Very disappointing. Room was not vacuumed. Potato chip crumbs and bobby pins on floor near bed. Hairs in the bathroom floor, toilet, tub. We asked to move to another room and they did so, but it was just as bad. Found a lollipop near the bed base, Bathroom shower smelled like pee. Wife cleaned for an hour. It was just so late and we were tired and did not want to reload our car and drive off. Totally unworthy of $130 price tag. I never bother to write reviews but this one so bad I felt compelled. We are not that picky really but it seems this was worth more like $60-$75 price level. Pool was so visibly unclean my kids would not go in. No one else was swimming in it either at 9:30 pm. Very dirty and bobby pins floating in it. I complained to the manager again and was offered $20 off and he said he would do it in the morning and days later now, its still not done. I would never return.
"Pretty Nice Room"
08/15/15 duffey3700 Richmond, Virginia
Very friendly young lady that checked us in, made us feel at home, but she was there the next morning when we left and she wasn’t quite as friendly. Our room, 301, was very clean but did have a smell of cleaning products, Fabreze or something similar. We were able to crack the window and that helped some after a few hours of fresh air coming in, but the smell never went away. The bed was very comfortable. Great items on the breakfast bar. We’ll stay again if in the area but will request to check the room out for odors before checking in.
"Family Trip"
08/09/15 Kristin T
We booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Exmore to break-up our trip to the Outer Banks. When we booked the room, there were many positive reviews. Unfortunately as it got closer to our trip the reviews became more and more negative. I was a wreck as we pulled in to the hotel. Overall, though, we had a good stay. We arrived earlier then check-in but were able to relax in the lounge area where the free breakfast is served and then went to lunch at a local restaurant recommended by the hotel staff. Some of the earlier reviews I read were about the hotel staff not being friendly but that was not the case during our stay. It was obvious that the hotel was booked solid and a lot of people were trying to check-in but the staff was friendly and patient with my family. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. My only negative comment would be about the indoor pool. I'm not completely sure how clean it is and was not comfortable letting my kids stay in it. But that's it! The breakfast was great the next morning. I was only expecting cereal and breakfast breads but there were eggs, bacon, sausage, hot cinnamon rolls and a cool machine that made pancakes. Actually, for the month of August the hotel was having free pancakes between 8:00 PM and midnight. If my family wasn't so exhausted from our journey we might've taken them up on that!
"Terrible Hotel Stay"
08/06/15 sue j Dallas, Texas
I reserved 5 rooms for family members to attend a family reunion in the area. the rooms were ok. But the Front desk was very rude to us each time we tried to get info from them. We also reserved the conference room for the meet and greet. We were told the conference room holds 30-40 people comfortably. That is not true. It only holds about 15 people comfortably When we reviewed the conference room it smelled and chairs were FILTHY. we were told it would be cleaned before the morning of our event. It was not. The morning of our event the conference room was locked and no one had a key. we asked for the manager and he had no way to get into the room. When family members showed up for meet and greet the front desk claimed they had no clue where we were. In fact claimed they knew nothing about us being there. They were even rude to our family members. Will not stay in this hotel in Exmore again.
"Nice for an overnight"
08/05/15 Linda H Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
We stayed at this hotel along with our two dogs and our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids while enroute from PA to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It was a great stopping point for us. Our rooms were right across the hall from each other. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The kids enjoyed the indoor swimming pool after riding in the car for too many hours. The breakfast in the morning was enough to get our day started. We would stay here again!
"Very nice hotel"
08/03/15 PastorT3
I have stayed at this hotel several times. The staff is very nice. The turn over rate for managers is very high. However, because of the the dedicated front desk staff and the cleaning staff, I continue to stay at this hotel. For me it a home away from home. The business center is accessible and not in some distance corner. The breakfast in the morning is prepared with much care. Planning to visit this hotel again soon.
"Very clean"
08/01/15 clofranco Drummondville, Canada
This a very clean place. Don't have a mattress for the 5th person. Swimming pool was clean, fun for the kids. We hear a little bit people walking down the hall. 124$ us Good breakfast included. Not to far from Ocean city.
"Bare Minimum"
07/30/15 David B Hawkinsville, Georgia
I'm a platinum elite member so I've stayed in a lot of hotels but have never seen a hotel this devoid of amenities. This hotel does not have a refrigerator, microwave, in room coffee or ice bucket. They do have an ice machine but I'm wondering why if they don't even have an ice bucket. I had to use the trash can for ice.