All hotels in Salinas, California, United States of America
195 Kern St, Salinas, CA, 93905, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Very Nice if you have to here."
Really nice room and hotel. If you have to be in Salinas, stay here.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Ray
"CCC PARTY"
WONDERFUL AS ALWAYS! MY FAVORITE HOTEL IN SALINAS AND I TRAVEL THERE A LOT TO VISIT FAMILY.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
GEORGIA D
"Twins"
I have twins. We stay here a lot. We like the pool and hot tub. The rooms are always clean. The staff will help you with any thing. The parking lot is well lit up at night.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Rod
"Twins"
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Rod
"Clean and ok"
Everything was ok. The bed was a little hard and not very comfortable. And that as members of ihg they did not give us our points for the stay. Reason was that the room was purchased through expedia. !!!
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Great service.......
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Return visitor"
Easy to get to and a quick trip to "Old Town" Salinas (please do eat at First Awakenings--it's reliably great). Soft, comfortable beds, and friendly staff.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2013
"Very Reasonable"
A very reasonable stay. Spent 1 night here with a family of 5 and was not disappointed. Breakfast was excellent. Relatively quiet on the ground floor, but we left the bathroom fan running for white noise which worked perfectly. The surrounding neighborhood is a bit sketchy (don't go out walking after dark).
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Stuart R.
"Nice."
Great room. Semi-clean. The restroom was clean but dirty q-tip and food were found on the carpet.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
Eddie
"Nice and very clean hotel"
This hotel is super clean! I'm Impressed by how clean and neat the room is. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. I give this hotel 5+ stars!!!
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Clean, nice, comftorable"
Had everything needed, nice TV, fridge all the above. Very clean, would stay again.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"would recommend this hotel"
We rented 4 rooms for our family vacation and all the rooms and the service was great. I look forward to staying there again.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"Nice... but pricey for what you get"
Stayed several nights and used the hotel as home-base for MotoGP weekend at Laguna Seca. It's fairly convenient to the track. It's a nice hotel, and we had great service. Plenty of amenities. However the overall value-for-money was lacking. We may have over-paid due to the CA Rodeo and the races happening. Full breakfast every morning, which was very convenient, but truthfully the quality was somewhere between 'ehh' and 'just ok' Pool and hot tub were nice (indoor, out of the summertime coastal chill) Great room. Very comfortable. Very clean.
5 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2013
"Very bad hotel"
When I areived, the receptionist told me my room only had 1 bed instead of 2 she said I didn't reserve 2 bed. I did. Anyways, the service was horrible. Very rude staff. And not just that. I found a cigarette in my closet. Eww
2 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2013
Ruth
"Great value!"
Hotel location was not ideal however the service, rooms & condition of the hotel was excellent!
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2013
"Perfectly fine"
This hotel is fine - very decent restaurant and helpful staff. Location is OK surrounded by other hotels.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2013
klar
"Graduation for college"
The hotel was comfortable and reasonably priced. The free breakfast had a good variety of foods, and the service was good. We would stay There again if we have to go to Santa Cruz again.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"Clean, comfortable, brand new"
I would expect nothing less from a brand new hotel. I always enjoy staying at Holiday Inn Express--this was no different.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2013
"Great breakfast:)"
We stayed here in may 2013, had a great stay, breakfast with bacon & eggs, everything was available to us, tea/coffee 24hrs, free of charge WOW, thank you guys!!!!
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"they just want your money"
We asked for 2 bed and when we checked in we had only one bed. When inquired they said they don't have 2 bed available and we cant even cancel. They didn't even provide extra bed .
Other trip May 28, 2013
The only reason I'm giving a four on service it is because I didn't get more towels on my second day everything else was good.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"25 minutes from Monterery"
We stayed at this hotel April 2013. On our last night of our trip. Location is by the freeway. There is a in N Out burger joint nearby, and 101 freeway is beside it. The hotel is fairly new about 5 years old I estimate. The room we got was nice and clean. The king size bed was comfy. But the sofa bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. The hotel has a pool and jacuzzi. The pool temperature was nice. But the jacuzzi needs some better maintenance because the water looked stale. This hotel is good for overnight stay or if you're on business, but too far to use as a base for Monterey trip. The breakfast buffet was OK, with scrambled eggs, breads, juices, coffeee, yogurt, bacon, etc. This hotel is perfect location if you are in town for Laguna Seca races. I would give it a 5 star overall if they had better sofa beds and if the hot tub was better maintained.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
Carlos from SF bay
"great hotel in bad location"
The hotel itself was great, however it is in a unappealing part of town. I would seek a better location to stay with my family.
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
"Christmas in Salinas"
Only problem we had was sometimes the key card didn't work out to the pool house or coming back in
Other trip Jan 11, 2013
Excellent room, very clean.
2 night trip Jan 4, 2013
Possibly the best hotel in Salinas! Huge, clean, well decorated rooms.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2013
"Great for Family"
Great location!!!! Will stay again!!!! right next to In & Out!!!
Other trip Dec 29, 2012
We always stay at this hotel. Our favorite when we visit friends and family in Salinas
1 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2012
Georgia
"Clean hotel with a great room."
Dont miss breakfeast there is plenty to choose from. Only wish the TV was bigger. After reading other reviews before booking I decided to spend a little more money here to hopefully get away from whatever criminal element was going on at other hotels nearby. It worked! Its a newer hotel with modern ammenities. I would come back again if visiting Salinas in the future.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
Rich
"Solid Hotel. Would do again."
Good room. Very uncomfortable sofa bed. Surrounding neighborhood less than desirable. Free self-parking. Close to freeway. Okay breakfast buffet.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2012
"Great hotel, shady area"
Driving to this hotel I was actually a bit worried because the area surrounding the hotel was pretty rundown. However, after driving past several unattractive hotels, I was very pleasantly surprised to arrive at the Holiday Inn Express at the end of the street. Walking into my spacious, clean room was a relief. The room was larger than I expected and very clean. I felt 100% comfortable. I probably would not stay at this hotel only because of the area. I did not know anything about Salinas but it is not the most appealing place. Next time I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Monterey only 20 minutes away and on the water. I have always had a great experience staying at all of the Holiday Inn Express hotels.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"Convenient alternative to Carmel Lodging"
The hotel offered a convenient and inexpensive alternative to hotels in Carmel. This is a great stop over if you are touring Monterey and Carmel. There is not much to do in Salinas and the dining options are pretty run-of-the-mill, like the In-and -out Burger next door, so do your exploring and dining before you return to the hotel. Can't beat the price and location. The hotel was well maintained, and looked very new. I didn't get a chance to check out the indoor pool
1 night trip Oct 6, 2012
Judith
"Good vaue for money"
Good clean room. However, when we returned the following night (it was after midnight) we discovered that our room had not been made up. That was a disappointment. We had to go to the recption to get some fresh towels
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
"Great Accommodations!"
We were very pleased with our hotel accommodations. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. There was a good variety at breakfast, including warm cinnamon rolls! We often attend events in the area so we are really happy we found this place. We'll be back!!
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"Not quite perfect..."
The refrig didn't work well; food spoiled or was warm. The clearning lady opened our door twice before we could answer not to enter the room; checkout time was over an hour away Pool area was unkempt [food wrappers on floor] with no fresh towels; Otherwise it was nice.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
Holiday Inn Express
"OK hotel bad service"
The hotel condition was good, and very clean. The breakfast was decent, but many children running around (always at hotels with free breakfast). TV in room had many channels, but was a smaller 32 inch TV. Air conditioning did not work so we kept the window open all night. The hotel staff was not friendly at check-in or check-out. Not attentive to their counter and not what you would expect at this hotel brand.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2012
vacationing guest
"College visit"
We dropped our son off at college and stayed at this property. The managers of the property were professional and made our stay enjoyable. The pool and gym were modest in size but very functional. The breakfast was very well done. Tasty food and plenty of it. Not a honeymoon hotel due to the industrial neighborhood, but I would stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2012
Walshy8it
"great hotel for all travelers"
The hotel was immaculate - new, modern, clean and very comfortable.
Other trip Aug 28, 2012
Grady
"Holiday Inn Express Experience"
Big spacious room,comfortable beds,and very, very clean! Excellant breakfast buffet. Also the staff at the hotel were very helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2012
Martha
"great hotel!!!!!"
loved everything about this hotel
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2012
mariel
Hotels.com needs to do a better job - I was told I was getting 2 rooms with double beds in each, but I got 2 rooms with single beds. The hotel did the best they could to accommodate me but it shouldn't have been an issue.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2012

"Good overnight stay"
This is a typical Holiday Inn with good size rooms. The rooms are clean with a comfortable bed and pillows. It's location is near the freeway so a request for a room away from the freeway and elevator is best asked for in the booking. Breakfast was good with coffee, hot food and pancakes as well as yogurts and fresh fruit. Reception staff were welcoming and helpful.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Tony A
No problems during 5 night stay
5 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, good breakfast."
Beds were comfortable, away from main Monterey tourist attractions but a lot lower price too. We had a rental car so it was okay. Only complaint was Saturday night noisy guests in next door room. I heard them talking til 2 am although my husband slept thru it. Sunday night was fine. Otherwise good value.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Great hotel depending on location"
Great hotel just check its convenient location wise.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Neilmcall
"Clean & good facilities, fairly safe neighbourhood"
Booked a 3-night stay for 3 adults and 1 child. Overall, good value-for-money considering the other options available. Breakfast spread is more extensive than what you normally get at such chains, guest laundry is available and rooms are clean/spacious.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"VERY WELL HOTEL!"
ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH!
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2012
IL

"Skønt"
Dejligt roligt hotel et stenkast fra Monterey
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Rune
DK
"Bom custo beneficio"
Hotel bom custo benefício para quem está de passagem e precisa pernoitar.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Marco Antonio Moises
BR
"Praktische Unterkunft für eine Nacht"
Anlässlich einer mehrwöchigen USA-Rundreise wohnten wir eine Nacht in Salinas im "Holiday Inn Express". Wir hatten uns für Salinas entschieden, da uns hier das Preisniveau nicht so überteuert erschien wie in Monterrey und auch die Bewertungen anderer Reisenden positive klangen. Das gepflegte und neuwertige Hotel liegt etwas abseits im Industriegebiet, direkt an der Schnellstraße mit einem hohen Geräuschpegel. Das Einchecken verlief problemlos und unsere Bitte, ein leiseres Zimmer zu bekommen, konnte nicht entsprochen werden, da das Haus ausgebucht war. Die Zimmergröße war mit ca. 50 qm ordentlich und auch das funktionale Bad hatte eine gute Größe mit viel Ablagefläche. Die Zahnputzbecher waren leider aus dünnem Plastik. Das Bett hatte dafür eine sehr gute und feste Matratze. Auch das kostenlose W-Lan hatte eine gute Sendeleistung. Das angebotene Frühstück war sehr übersichtlich und es gab leider nur Plastikbesteck und Pappteller. Der aus einem Automaten zu entnehmende Fruchtsaft ähnelte eher einer gefärbten Wasserbrühe mit Geschmack. In der Nähe gibt es leider nur sehr einfache Lokale, die nur bedingt empfehlenswert sind. Wir können das Hotel mit leichten Einschränkungen weiterempfehlen.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014