All hotels in Westfield, Massachusetts, United States of America
39 Southampton Rd, Westfield, MA, 01085, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Quick Visit"
It was a great place to stay for the few days I had to spend in Westfield
3 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"close to tangelwood and Springfield"
Service was great asked for alittle more time from housecleaning no problem needed exter towels and pillows got them in lest than 10 min. Grand kids liked pool and breahfast (us too)
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
grandpa
"clean, fresh look, large bathroom, very nice"
the room was lovely. the breakfast was poor-fair. Only one 2 slice toaster for the entire hotel. The set up did not flow well, plates in the middle of the counter, food on both sides. Coffee tasted like water. The employee stocked one item at a time,very inefficient use of her time and the length of time it took to re-stock.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Hotel was very clean with updated furnishings. The hallways and main area were most often extremely cold from the A/C. The A/C in our room was finicky in that when you changed the temperature one degree, it caused extreme changes. But overall the hotel was nice and inviting.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2013
"Overall, pleasing"
Short wait time to get checked in due to room inspections not completed. Pretty good breakfast as far as "free continentals" go. Very clean, very friendly staff. Had a noisy neighbor above us, staff took care of it promptly.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Nice Hotel. Very clean"
Had great experience here. Rooms were great. Pool was OK-kind of small and indoors/heated. It was very hot when we stayed so it would have been nice to had a non-heated pool. Breakfast starts at 730a which I think is a little late. We had early lacrosse games and could not take advantage of the breakfast.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
"Very pleasant place to stay"
This was a very good place to stay for a overnight with my teenage son. Very close to the exit from the Mass Pike. Pleasant room, good shower, nice pool, and simple breakfast. Staff was pleasant, but check-in took a while because only one person was available when several were needing help at the front desk. Also, it can be noisy on the first floor near the pool, and conversations an be heard in the hall.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
Chad J.
"Excellent!!!"
We will stay there again!
1 night trip Jul 2, 2013
Monica
"Great check in staff! Great room for the money."
We upgraded to suite for just $10.more per night.Breakfast was usually starting at 7:30 but our basketball team had to leav e the hotel before that so we were told they would do breakfast at 5:30 that weekend. What we got was a cold breakfast(better than none though) & there was 1 pot of hot water & wasn't replaced during 1/2 hour we were there. Staff was very nice & checkin was easy. We did run out of towels at the pool & when we told the front desk clerk, she said that if they wanted towels they would have to come there & get them. We also had a non working alarm clock in our room which was to be replaced for the 2nd day & wasn't.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Barb
"Nice hotel close the Springfield"
Some had a birthday party for a child at the pool area. I do not think they were guests. Just weird.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
The power went out for an hour at night, and they did what they can, but no generator. This hotel is very clean. A bit over priced though, but since there's only one other in same area to compete with they can charge whatever they want.
2 night family trip Jun 9, 2013
Jill
"A good stay"
We enjoyed our stay and the staff was excellent. The only complaint I would have is that the walls must be fairly thin. We could hear between walls and through doors- even conversations that weren't very loud. Still, we would go back there to stay for another tournament.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Nice hotel close to family"
Enjoyable experience , only complaint is there were no towels poolside
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
barb
"right off the highway"
the hotel was easy to get to. the breakfast was good. there is not a lot of places to eat near by.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Overall it was good, we stayed one night to attend the Open House for Westfield State where my son is attending in September. But I was very disappointed when we went to take showers and there was no hot water!!! Called the front desk at 7am to let them know they said they would have the maintenance man reset the boiler. Waited another half hour no call to let us know it was ok and still had to take cold shower. Could not wait for them to come up we would have been late for the Open House. I will make sure if I do stay in this hotel again that I will check the shower. I travel a lot and never had this happen, and disappointed how it was handled and still not fixed.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2013
Ann
The hotel was nice, but the water in the shower did not get hot. I would say it was about body temp- not what you're looking for after coming in from some snow flurries. I let it run for almost ten minutes, thinking it would warm up, but it never did. Also, for a room on the first floor, the heavy drapes to block out the light didn't close- so all that was over the window was a sheer. It was a little unnerving being in the room with the lights on after dark. Otherwise, the hotel was clean and served its purpose.
1 night trip Mar 2, 2013
"More then expected"
Great room, comfortable bed, and very respectful/ helpful staff. Only drawback no mini fridge or safe in the rooms
2 night romance trip Feb 15, 2013
Alex
"Holiday Inn Review"
The room and bedding were clean. However, the bathroom while clean has a water leak between shower and toilet. Also, poor quality base tile work in bathroom. Only other comment is rather than 4 small pillows (2 soft/2 hard) on a king size bed, they should have 6 pillows (just add 2 medium) . . . .
2 night business trip Jan 19, 2013
ASB
Clean quiet comfortable. Great pool, friendly staff. Reasonable rates. Only the views of industrial storage & truck parking detract from this great hotel.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2012
Glenn
"A nice overnight stay"
The Hotel is fairly new and very clean. It does, however, reside in a lot with small factories around it so it not scenic by any means. Breakfast was basic ( mostly microwaved) If your looking for a quick bite in the AM, then it's fine. It's not a full buffet like some other hotels. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Other staff don't I ran into didn't seem to acknowledge you even after greeting them in the hallway. Walls seem paper thin as you can hear everyone's TV on either side of you which is a bummer given that the hotel is a few years old. But, overall for a short stay close to Westfield State University and 6 flags, it's still an OK place to stay.
1 night trip Oct 27, 2012
Stephen
"leaf trip"
Simply a clean and comfortable place to stay. Coffee and breakfast were good and the cinnamon buns were great. no problems whatsoever.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"Breakfast was a let down"
Although the room was clean and the location was convenient, the breakfast was awful. Powdered eggs I think. Chintzy paper plates and plastic ware , weak coffee and the milk in cream were in the containers not even put in creamers. The included break fast was why we chose this hotel for convenience.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012

"Enjoyable holiday accomodation."
I was very impressed with this hotel, it was very nice and clean, very good friendly service, and very comfortable bed. The room didnt quite have everything that was listed on the website but overall i was very happy with my stay and i will definitely stay there again when i visit westfield next time.
8 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Ian
NZ
"Great stay especially for a quick overnight"
Comfy room, clean, typical HIE breakfast. Only improvement would be some heat in the pool, it was chilly.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
mike and family
"Very satisfied"
The service was excellent and the room is clean and spacious so I didn't feel closed in
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Paul C.
"noisy building as there is a truck road that runs"
good
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Convenient"
The hotel itself was fine. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was pretty good. The issue I had was that there are no real curtains in the room - only white sheer drapes. These drapes did not block the bright lights from the parking lot and surrounding industrial park from entering our room. The pool was also a weird murky colour and really warm - kids still swam though...
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013
BB
"Handy for travel"
Only an overnight stay, close to thruway and eateries close
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013

"excelente"
Estoy MUY AGRADECIDO CON LA CORTESIA Y AMABILIDAD DE CADA EMPLEADO,INCLUSIVE MUY SATISFECHO CON LA LIMPIEZA Y EL SERVICIO EN MI HABITACION.E SRVICIO MUY EXPLENDIDO.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
josaro
MX
"Service impeccable"
Les services et équipements de l’hôtel
4 night family trip Jul 22, 2013
1 night trip May 8, 2014
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Very clean and spacious."
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
MX

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield

"Great staff"
08/26/15 Ed B
I would like to give praise to the front desk clerk Junior. Had a few issues and he was so attentive and did everything in his power to correct them. Very personable and just a nice guy. He recommended a restaurant to me and I'll be damn, it was great! So good I went back the next night. Holiday inn , be proud you have a gem in Junior! Keep up the good work !
"Just what we needed"
08/06/15 wmt1979 Woburn, Massachusetts
My son and I spent a night here because we had to be at Westfield State early in the morning. The location was great, the rooms were spotless and breakfast was good- a few hot options and a large variety of 'continental' options.
"Great place"
07/31/15 Laura K Wyncote, Pennsylvania, United States
I was in town for a local cycling event. I chose the hotel for proximity to the event. The room was very clean, the king bed was comfortable, and the noise level was acceptable (my room was across from the employee breakroom so not an issue overnight). With a first-floor room, I was able to bring my bikes into the room overnight. The hot breakfast has a number of options available and the attendant was quick to refill everything. Would stay again when visiting the area!
"Average Hotel"
07/29/15 Kara W Vernon, Connecticut
I set up a room block for my wedding guests at the Holiday Inn Express Westfield. We were a little disappointed with the lack of amenities (no shuttle, no bar, no discounted rate for the wedding couple when our block reserved 15 rooms), but it's location was unbeatable. The staff, including sales manager Arlie, were all friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a typical continental food, but nice that it's included. Unfortunately, the rooms were under-whelming. The walls were very thin, so much so that when we arrived back from celebrating our wedding and reminisced the night, we were yelled at by a neighboring guest for being too loud. Overall, the hotel did the job but leaves more to be desired...
"Clean with good location"
07/21/15 jakenbobbie Derry, Pennsylvania
We stayed here on the way to and from a visit to Maine. We chose it because of the location and history with holiday inn express. We have no complaints, the room was clean and comfortable, up to date and met our needs.
"Expensive and not worth it"
07/15/15 DJbulldognyc New York
I chose this hotel for its proximity to the Mass Turnpike. The AAA rate came to $155.00 after taxes, which seems high for this class of hotel. Yet the bigger issues were the condition of the room, the quality of the mattress and bedding, and strong odors in the room. The carpet was new, yet the room itself was stark, with a stippled ceiling that was in need of repainting (faded, yellowed). The lamps were unplugged, yet worked ok. The sheets were very old and mostly polyester. The mattress was in very poor condition and seemed to have been supported by a bed board. It was murderously uncomfortable. A strong odor (musty smell, covered with air freshener that also seemed to mask an odor of smoke) was extremely unpleasant. I understood that the Holiday Inn Express brand was uniformly solid, and that you may expect a standard of bedding and cleanliness in line with Hampton Inn or Fairfield Suites. Yet this property did not represent that standard. My experience was of a musty, stark room with itchy, shabby bedding. The room was generally quiet, with a clean and modern bath, with newer towels and decent hot water. Yet the overall experience of staying at this hotel was, to me, not restful nor pleasant. I left quite early in the morning, eager to leave the damp, depressing room.
"Clean, comfortable, and well located."
07/07/15 Moninski1954 Beverly, Massachusetts
Located right off the highway this was a great location for an overnight stay while attending Tanglewood. One exit away (and 30 miles away from Tanglewood) it was a very affordable way to stay overnight after a late night concert. The hotel is nicely appointed and offers a very clean, modern room. All hotel personnel were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is included and offered a great variety. Not gourmet by any means, but fresh with many options. Fresh baked cinnamon buns were frequently replenished and there was a pancake machine which was very user friendly. Healthy options were readily available. Overall we got a good night's sleep for a very affordable price.
"Clean, comfortable; could use an update."
07/01/15 LabLover61 Woodstock, Vermont
We decided to stay at The Holiday Inn Express after attending a concert at Tanglewood. The hotel is conveniently located off Route 90. Check-in was fast and professional. Our room and bed were most comfortable. There is coffee and tea available all the time. We didn't have the continental breakfast, but it looked like the selections could satisfy a variety of appetites. Our only criticism is that some updating would be nice. The hallway carpets could use a facelift. Otherwise, a good bargain for the money!
"what a mix up"
06/26/15 JoAnne K Syracuse, New York
We stopped about 11am at the hotel to fill out all the need info. We were heading to 6 flags and not planning on returning to 8pm. Arrived back to find the guy at the desk had given our room to someone else. he thought it was the same name- we are not smiths or Jones infact we are a difficult name to spell. Supposidly he showed an ID that matched. needed glasses more than I did. After 1,000 apologies and not doing anything, I suggested another room. I wasn't the same but atleast we could get in the room and get my grandson ready for bed. They had to add a roll away and he had the nerve to tell me it was $25. I think my look made him say " there will be no charge". he brought up the bed and then the sheets but no blankets could be found.
"Overnight Stay was Excellent"
06/18/15 waddyfarm Darfur, Minnesota
Overnight stay was excellent and our room was clean and bed very comfortable, the check in person was friendly and kind ~ we enjoyed the free breakfast which consisted of both hot and cold items, would recommend this to travelers along the Mass Pike, business or weekend getaway.