All hotels in Chesham, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereLatimer, Chesham, England, HP5 1UG, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful location.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2013
"fantastic value"
The cost was very low for our stay. Initial view of hotel was epic, the food was first class, breakfast excellent,nice pool, good mini gym staff super - just a bit tired decor and well-used. Was still very clean . Would use again
1 night trip Oct 27, 2013
russ B
"Fantastic"
Lovely hotel in lovely setting. Last minute deal and great price. Staff friendly and helpful. But some a bit to much, we seem to going towards America. Would recommend and stay here again
2 night romance trip Oct 18, 2013
Nigel
"Very nice hotel; not so nice rooms"
This hotel is very much geared up for conferences and not so much for ordinary leisure guests. Having said that, the hotel is absolutely beautiful and has a wonderful leisure complex. We particularly enjoyed the pool, which we had to ourselves. The food was good but understandably pricey as there aren't many other places to eat very close by. We found the staff very helpful and professional. The only thing that was a disappointment was our room. We didn't mind being in an annexe, but the room was tiny and very poorly equipped - there was no minibar, dressing gown or even coffee making facilities - which frankly I expected in a mid-range hotel such as this. Overall, I'd probably come again but the lack of tea and coffee in the room would probably persuade me against it.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2013
"Pleasant stay."
Good comfortable hotel in nice surroundings. Worth the venture off the main road if you can get a reasonable rate. Leisure facilities add to the attraction of the hotel. Helps if room you're allocated is within the main building and not in one of the annexes - that way the amenities are not too far that would put off say, a female travelling alone, who doesn't want to venture across the car parks late at night.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2013
"not impressed"
Negatives=Room was small,shower temperamental,scalding hot .No space in wardrobe unless emptied of ironing board ,iron ,fan, tea tray and kettle which then cluttered an already small room .when issues raised staff answered in what appeared to be rehearsed 'sorry about that'.Mews building lacks any character. Positives =lovely grounds and surrounding areas ,food in restaurant was good ,bed comfortable,facade of main building impressive.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Pleasing hotroundings Pleasant Stay"
We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel.The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.The rooms were spacious. It was a bit dissapointing that we could not get connecting rooms.I requested one accessible room and one regular and they were 10 rooms apart.so a bit of traipsing up and down the hallway! The rooms themselves were lovely,clean and comfortable.The bathrooms were showing a little wear and tear with some mouldy grouting and were clean but not spotless. The hotel surroundings were beautiful,very green.I would say the good points outweighed the minor bad points and I would happily stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
"Very good location"
Iwas impressed by the hotel's location and facilities. I was not impressed by the breakfast being cold. The reason being not being able to cater for coference numbers and members of the public arriving at different times for breakfast. Saying that a quiet word and an apology given. The rest of the visit was 'the best'
1 night trip Sep 5, 2013
"Once you find it it's great"
Nice place to take your partner for the weekend
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
d johnston
"Comfy bed and good service"
It exactly what I would expect from a 4 star hotel.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Excellent service at a beautiful hotel"
My daughter and I recently stayed overnight. From the moment we arrived at this beautiful country hotel the staff gave first class attention, from reception to bar staff. We had snacks in the beautiful gardens and at night in the bar . We had pre booked breakfast (£7) each which was full buffet style delicious and excellent value. We have already recommended this hotel to others and certainly intend staying again soon.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2013
Keyre
"this hotel was superb"
this hotel was superb only had 1 night here but will be back the staff were very helpfull the gym was well equiped and the pool area was very clean, my room was also very clean and the food i had was well cooked as well see you all again soon
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2013
Del
"Lovely Srtting"
The only problem was the Wifi was not working and no one seemed interested in trying to sort it out. Apart from that it is a very nice place to stop.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2013
"Great views and surroundings but out of the way"
After reading negative views about the staff, I found them to be efficient and helpful in answering questions, although they seem understaffed at times. The room was sufficient to needs, but there was no mobile phone signal, resulting in having to hang out of the window, The hotel grounds and main rooms are lovely, and the gym and swimming pool a free bonus. I would stay there again and enjoyed the stay.
2 night business trip Aug 3, 2013
Monty
"A great find"
Extremely good value. Brilliant location. Staff amazingly hellpful. Will stay again
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
Howard
"Such a Disappointment"
The location of this hotel (more accurately-conference centre and training venue) suited our purposes "on paper" at the time of booking. The De Vere brand would suggest a certain reliable quality of service and accommodation. However, our experience was the opposite. We were there during the July heatwave and accommodated in a sweatbox that had no air-conditioning and a low quality desk fan. The corridors were glass roofed, baking hot and stuffy. The water cooler was empty and unchanged after reporting this to reception. When we asked about AC on booking in and remarked on it during our stay, on each occasion the member of staff answered off pat that there was no need for this for the 2 weeks of good weather we have each year. So it seemed they were trained to respond with this and expressed no sympathy or apology. The building we were in had no lift and an open spiral stair - so hauling luggage was a big problem - would be absolutely no use for anyone with a health consideration. Reception sent a female member of staff to assist with our luggage who seemed pretty displeased to be asked to help. All in all, we will never book this hotel again not will we use De Vere as a group. they seem uninterested in our custom - to say the least.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2013
"Not a comfortable stay."
One of the hottest days of the year and my shower was broken - stuck on the hottest setting. It was very hot water and I did not want to use it, and my room filled with steam as I spent ages messing about with it trying to get cooler water. I felt very uncomfortable. It was late so I ended up washing my hair in the hand basin. They said maintenance would fix it the next day but when I arrived back the following evening, it was still broken. When I phoned Reception they kept trying to suggest I wasn't using the shower properly,but I don't think showers are that hard to operate. Surely if Maintenance had looked at it they would have seen it was broken? They finally sent somebody up, and admitted, yes, the shower was broken - a day after I'd first reported it. Got moved to another room, but it was hot and stuffy, and the fan provided wasn't strong enough to compensate. Possibly the hottest I've ever felt in a hotel room, and subsequently a very bad nights sleep.
2 night business trip Jul 16, 2013
Beth
"Poor service"
Have stayed here before and was not impressed this time. Check in took ages because a large group were wing checked in and arrangements hd not been made to make that check in easier and hence over long queues. I didn't like having to decide whether I wanted breakfast the next day at the time of chek in to qualify for a reduction. A party of guests were there that caused a lot of notice in the evening until the early hours and this wasn't dealt with by the night duty manager. Overpriced.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"Nice setting"
Great location and fantastic views over the countryside. Staff always ready to please but sadly the speed of service in the restaurant during service was lacking. I era,l the say was excellent. The rooms are not air conditioned but it. Ay be an idea to have some fans or cooling its fir this hot weather.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2013
H S
Great hotel staff excellent a little attention to detail (toiletries in bath room etc) would make it nearly perfect
3 night business trip Jul 1, 2013
"DGLwest mids"
quality staff food and made to feel very welcom also found gym useful
1 night trip Jul 2, 2013
DGL
"Will Stay Again"
Nice Hotel Nice Area will be back!
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
Lovely hotel and surroundings, amazed by the interior of the building. Rooms are generally OK but bathroom fixtures need a good clean and worst of all you can hear your neighbours' every move and noise. Location and facilities make up for this though, breakfast was excellent.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2013
G
"Reception not the best"
Negatives -Tried to charge me twice as already paid advanced booking.. Room service entered the room without knocking and did not realise guest checked in.. Bar food only available via room service between lunch and teatime, and very poor TV reception .. Positives- comfy beds free wifi great location...
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2013
Burtus
"Not what I'd expected"
Hotels.com pricing had me believe we were getting an expensive room at a bargain price. I should have remembered the, ‘if it seems to good to be true, it is too good to be true’ adage. Don’t be fooled into thinking this is a luxury ‘boutique’ country house hotel. It’s not. It is a huge wedding and conference venue. The room we were allocated was in a ‘new’ wing. It was spotlessly clean but small with thin walls so we could hear every one talking around us & often felt the people in the room above were going to put in a surprise appearance. It was perfectly adequate for our purposes, in a lovely location but not at all what I was expecting. Given the location & proximity to London I suppose the price we paid was ‘fair’ but nothing more. I would recommend paying extra the night before for the breakfast, which was excellent.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
CKD
"ideal for an overnight business stay"
Having stayed at Latimer Place before, I found the main hotel rooms to be a little more tired than the mews, but still a reasonable size with a good bathroom and large bed. The bar and restaurant are better than average, but get very busy/noisy when conference groups are staying.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Ian
"Great value hotel"
Lovely hotel in beautiful location, not too easy to find, but once you have been returning is easy. For the rate paid excellent value and frequently stay there.
1 night trip May 16, 2013
Mr P
"Little Gem"
Hotel is lovely overall. My room was spacious and clean and very comfy bed. Gym is tiny but does have a few machines to use, pool area is clean and generous in size. Grounds are beautiful and generally the Hotel is peacful and quiet. The staff were friendly apart from the lady on Breakfast duty ..who may have been having a bad day ! Breakfast was typical De Vere ( lots of it on buffet and very tasty ) Noticed lots of business rooms so may be ideal for meetings
1 night business trip May 16, 2013
srfcvp
"Nice countryside location"
Has a nice pool and sauna and a small gym, countryside location so nothing local. Didn't use bar so comment on food or drink. For the cheap price I paid from hotels.com it was good, wouldn't pay full prices though
3 night business trip May 7, 2013
DesperateD
"Very beautiful and peaceful"
I went here with my partner for a wedding. The hotel grounds are magnificent and a real treat to the eye. The rooms themselves are very nice. However my only criticism is that we were put in the Mews block which is away from the main hotel. This isn't a problem however there are couches and tables placed alongside hotel room doors. I found that in the morning I never got a lay in due to noisy guests who were there for the Sunday wedding relaxing on a sofa outside my room. It certainly didn't help that they knocked on my door at 0630am thinking the whole area was a beauty salon. I also found the wireless internet they advertised was rubbish. Breakfast is highly recommended. I was there early thanks to the 'salon' mistake.
Other trip May 11, 2013
"Exceedingly Nice"
Minor observation (not a complaint) in that the restaurant menu was not very imaginative and some of the staff were quite young and not up to speed. Unfortunately although I was unable to make full use of them, the amenities were excellent. The views from the hotel are stunning and the old part of the hotel is well worth the visit itself.
1 night trip May 7, 2013
Mick
"Good business hotel"
Room in the mews was ideal for a single business traveller, but would be a bit cosy for a couple. Restaurant food was of a quality that was way above my expectations. Bar was friendly and lots of lounge/external space to relax. Swimming pool & steam room was a nice bonus.
Other trip May 10, 2013
Ian
"Excellent as always"
Excellent as always my prefered location when in this part of the country. cheaper than a Premier Inn if you can get a deal.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2013
Mark @ Sheffield
"Nice Location, pleasant atmosphere"
Not bad value at all I paid £39 for my stay and feel that they could charge a lot more if standards were kept abit higher! Extra care must be given to cleaning as these are old buildings and although very clean ad comfortable in general, there where certain areas that required abit of attention. Still overall not bad for £39!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2013
"escape to Latimer"
Minimal sound-proofing! The staff was very helpful and the room-service was terrific. The mattress was concrete!!! Minimal storage space for clothing.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
"Great views"
We paid less than £50 for the room. Great value. It is a conference hotel, but the views and old house make it above the norm.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"Comfy bed"
Room very clean and comfy bed but no toiletries in bathroom so remember to take your own soap!! Very quiet location - room in a seperate building from bar and restaurant so long walk for food. Hotel used as a conference centre so busy but not a problem. Stunning views and very scenic.Would stay again but only overnight.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2013
Granny Wales
I had a pleasant nights stay reviewing good service from staff. The only downfall was the room was very dark and dated and needed modernising but the food was lovely.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2013
"Disappointing"
Was there for a wedding reception. Was initially given a disabled room in "the muse" which had a view of some back alley staircase. Requested I be moved to a standard room and got a tiny room with barely enough room to move. Did not bother asking to mode again. Staff were slow to respond to request.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
"Attractive hotel at a good price"
Business trip .Everything as one would expect at good hotels and at a good price. If you have a car it's not a problem but not convenient for public transport
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Dee
"great hotel for everyone"
apart from being in the middle of nowhere it is quite a good hotel
Other trip Mar 13, 2013
shady
"Small rooms, terrible food"
Stayed just the one night. My room was similar to a sauna, small, box-like and stuffy. I could have resolved my shoes with the £15 steak I was presented with. No sign of Management, hotel was run by college school leavers. My first and last visit.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2013
"Beautiful hotel"
Its a Beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Check in was smooth and given all the infomation about the hotel. The room was clean and a good size as was the bathroom. The lounge areas of the hotel were fabulous and the bar was cheaper then other de vere hotels we have stoppped at. The breakfast was lovely in a nice light room. Wonderful hotel would visit again!
1 night trip Feb 17, 2013
AM
Nice hotel in an old house, with library & plenty of space to sit around & drink their coffee/tea & eat the snacks available with the drinks. Staff were really helpful/ friendly & we had a nice meal at pretty good prices for a hotel.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2013
Jon
"Beautiful countryside setting"
Communal area is magnificient with a lot for history. Only down side of trip that we could not get conecting room. One of the room's TV was not tuned in so we repoted, they were greatful of the feedback. Also it was good swiming poo,lt was a littel shame that spa was under maimtenance. We recomend to stay.
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2013
"Exemplary staff"
We came here for a good value weekend. Its a pleasant hotel in a nice countryside location but what really stood out was how helpful all staff were. My wife is following a very specific diet for medical reasons and the catering staff responded magnificently to this. Very highly recommended for first class service.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2013
Leisure traveller
"great for everyone"
we had a short stay for a family celebration and it was perfect
Other trip Feb 11, 2013
Robbie
Lovely hotel in a secluded location and I have stayed here before but service wasn't great on this occasion, and trying to get a meal and drink proved very difficult with reception staff unaware of a private function taking place in the restaurant and bar. Neither bar, restaurant, or reception staff offered help in direction to alternative venue on site. Room comfortable and clean. I will stay again but will inquire as to whether the bar and restaurant facilities are available to all guests beforehand.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2013
Debbie
Brilliant, very helpful staff, lovely clean hotel, fabulous location, great facilities
2 night trip Jan 21, 2013
Ian and Linda
"A great value hotel."
A fantastic hotel and great value for money. The gym could do with a few more machines and weights though.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2013