All hotels in Scarborough, Maine, United States of America
329 US Route 1, Scarborough, ME, 04074, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

Service is adequate
    Comfortable
    Breakfast is average
    Bad internet service
    Food is not good
    Bad pool
"Dishonest staff!"
We stayed there Wednesday, June 24th and checked out on the 25th. We accidentally left my son's sleep toy (blue seahorse that lights up and plays music). We called 4 separate times to try and get an answer to see if they could put it in their "lost and found". The 4th phone call, the guy at the desk said they didn't find it. We know for a fact that we left it in the room under a pillow, so the housekeeper would have found it making the bed. We always stay at this hotel half way up to Northern Maine from NJ, but after this incident we will no longer stay at this hotel. Very disappointed with the dishonesty of the staff!!
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Dawn
"One night at Comfort inn."
The furnishings and carpet were in good shape and were of recent fashion. The bedding was crisp and clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked that there were pillows on the bed of various firmness to chose from. The bathroom was clean, standard hotel style, which is fine. There seemed to be a war going on with mildew on the calking in the shower. I think it was winning, barely. I liked that the room was at the end of the hall so things were quiet. Staff was friendly enough. With a one night stay there wasn't much contact with them. Plenty of parking. A decent continental breakfast included in the stay. Everything was clean ever where. A good experience.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
"comfortable"
The staff was very helpful, the rooms were comfortable clean and quiet and breakfasts okay.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
sue
"Donn't look anywhere else! Great value,location"
Stayed for 2 nights ,quite clean ,and comfortable , good breakfast,pleasant staff.Room had decent lcd flat screen tv,plush pillows and bedding. Nice location set back modestly from street traffic.Excellent proximity to Portland(10-15 mins away)and LL Bean(25 mins.). Didn't utilize the pool or gym. They both looked small but clean. Looking forward to another stay there.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
paula
"Clean, Safe, Affordable"
Decent hotel at a decent price. Nothing fancy, but the beds and pillows were comfortable! They have a nice breakfast in the a.m. with hot food. The pool was okay - thought it could have been a little clearer, but people were using it and the kids had liked it. The night desk clerk, Shamus, was exceptionally pleasant and accommodating.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Beth
Staff was friendly and the cleaning staff did a great job.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
noisy air conditioner in room. Hotel rooms feel worn.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"Nice Quiet Stay"
Our stay was very pleasant. Location is great, facility was very nice.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"top notch, great great value ! 4 plus stars"
Excellent value. Updated very comfortable rooms. Decent breakfast.Friendly staff.I don't agree with the 2 1/2 star reviews. If you want to stay at the 4 seasons than stay there . Don't bash this place for $100 bucks a night. ITS A TERRIFIC VALUE. I didn't use the pool but looked it over. Its small but clean,gym same thing.Can't say enough good things about this place.Stayed 2 nights. Absolutely would stay here again
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
paula
"Conveniently located"
We only stayed one night, everything went smoothly.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
ann
"Comfortable bed"
My family from Singapore and Canada were traveling with me from New York to Nova Scotia and back. Comfort Inn, Scarborough, ME was our accommodation prior to departure from New York. It was a rainy day, and the journey was long. Comfort Inn provided us with clean comfortable bed and hot breakfast during our travel.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
iris
"Three Dudes on a weekend trip"
Easy check in and out with a comfortable bed and decent breakfast. No frills, not the cleanest, no Frig or microwave.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
MCF
"must stay!!!"
The people at the front desk were very generous and sweet and the beds were so comfortable!
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Clean & comfortable"
The room was clean; the bed was comfortable; the bathroom fully functional; staff was friendly & helpful.. We are simple travelers and don't require much more than that.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Okay, but attention to detail is lacking."
Room was not dirty but not clean either. Found a few bugs in the room and they were still there the next night. Which means they didn't even sweep the bathroom. Also no tissues the first night. Fridge was turned up too high and froze some of our food. Nothing major, but made me feel as though attention to detail was lacking. Pool was also pretty cloudy.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
coral
"nice getaway not too far from restaurant!"
just a relaxing weekend away from my home. took my fiance virtual by webcam!
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
kevin
"Weekend stopover"
The beds were very comfortable. The only negative is that the wifi was VERY less than robust.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Dale
"Nice place!"
Front desk staff was receptive and welcoming. Room was comfortable. Hotel setting was restful. Scrambled eggs in the AM had been sitting there too long, but the waffles were good!
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Cathy
"Need Improvement"
Hotel was handy to event and clean and neat. Booking through Expedia was not easy. I booked 3 rooms and prepaid Expedia. One room had a faulty smoke detector which kept going off every 2 minutes. Hotel could do nothing until 11 am. That couple is not happy and would like a refund. Hotel staff was not helpful. Wouldn't book a Comfort again and won't use Expedia.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
The hotel is very pleasant and everything about it met or exceeded my expectations.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Jackie
"Relaxing"
It was great but the cooling unit fan was so loud it kept me up for hours.
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
"Fine for the money spent.."
Room was clean and well maintained and breakfast was decent. The pool was rather small, but the kids still had fun
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Himanshu
"Good hotel"
Comfortable stay at hotel with breakfast. But there was no freeze nor microwave oven which would have been icing on cake. Location not so impressive.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Atul
Very nice hotel. Clean,good breakfast, great front desk staff.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
marilyn
We had a family gathering to go to the next day and the desk clerk allowed us to use the kitchen area that accommodated all of us to get together and bring in food for dinner. The hotel was very nice, clean, and the rooms were very comfortable and roomy. My only complaint was the entrance to the hotel parking lot. We were coming from the opposite direction so we had to turn around. Then when we got to the very narrow entrance, we almost passed it. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and I plan on staying there again very soon.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
loanne p.
"Satisfied in Scarborough"
We enjoyed most of our stay, the staff and room was great, helpful and accommodating. We came up for a race event that we tour with and the hotel accommodated us needing parking space for a 50ft truck. Our kids were with us, and while other guests were not considerate themselves as their children swam at the pool, our kids were able to enjoy some relaxing time in the pool before heading to bed. The breakfast the next morning was great, usually it's just danishes, and simple stuff like that, but they made eggs and sausage and had several options in fruit, yogurts, drinks and breads available to go with it and fresh waffles you made yourself, not to mention as my daughter stated three mom, three different kinds of cereals. Even the staff on hand in the breakfast room was friendly and helpful, and they made sure the food was kept warm and full. We look forward to returning here should our tour take us back to Scarborough Maine.
1 night business trip May 2, 2015
Rebecca
Very nice rooms Comfortable Good breakfast Would stay there again
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Convenient"
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean and quiet, a bit worn.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
east coast gal
"Basic and convenient"
Been there overnight several times recently because it is located near my family.Issues encountered: ants in bath, stains in bath, stale smell in room, toilet paper dispenser fell out of wall, vending machines all out of order, chirping smoke detectors in nearby room (happened twice). Otherwise, it is a basic, fairly clean motel.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Nice simple clean hotel"
Very friendly check in staff. Hotel was simple, clean, and fresh.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Clean & Quiet!"
Friendly and helpful staff. Nothing more to add! Nothing more to add. Nothing more to add.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Generally Good."
Nice clean,comfortable room. Back door needed attention and was a bit of a security issue. Forks at breakfast were so flimsy as to not be useable. Minor inconveniences (except for the security bit)
3 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
We were looking for a clean comfortable inexpensive place to stay on our overnight to Maine. Comfort Inn & Suites fit the bill perfectly. Right on Route 1 it was close to everything and only 15 minutes from another destination, Old Port. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Clean Hotel. Subpar Fitness Room and Breakfast"
The hotel was fairly clean, the room comfortable. They advertise a fitness room which consists of a broken down stationary bike, a worn out treadmill and some kind of pulley device. Also advertise a continental breakfast which was OK but set up strangely with average selection and food at best. Kids in the breakfast room with no shoes doesn't add to the atmosphere.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Shauneh
"Very Disapointing"
This motel is in bad need of new managment! This place is dirty every where I looked. Inside, outside and the pool area. There is dirt on the floors and the is is NOT being takin care of. In my room the shower curtin had mold all over it and the tile to. The house keeper lady did change out the curtin but then she never bleached the tub & tile. What a shame. My girl friend needed to use the hair drier and that didn't work either. I don't have much that's good to say ablout this place. Sad.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
DB
"Heating/AC"
The heater was definitely needed because it was cold and snowy while we were there. Unfortunately, the heating/ac unit was in terrible condition. It was loud, it rattled, it couldn't shut off without turning down the heat manually or turning the whole unit off. It was too bad, because the rest of the facility was very nice and in good condition. The staff was also very nice.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
LC
"This place was a great find"
I went to sleep with a sore back...and woke up without one! In a hotel bed! That's a first for me, as it's usually the other way around. Other than all the soda machines being either out of order or sold out, I really don't have a single other bad thing to say about this place. It wasn't luxury, but it wasn't NOT luxury either.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Ken
"OK"
My daughter and 14 year old granddaughter and her friend wanted to go to Portland for her birthday. Room was OK. Sofa bed uncomfortable. Not really up to suite standards.
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites
Thanks for your reviw and we are apologizing for sofa bed and we will will be taking care of that issue.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Geneva
"Value near Portland, ME"
This hotel is located in a great area, just 15 minutes from Portland, the beach and the mall. Our room was a good size but didn't have a frig which is always inconvenient. Comfortable beds, large TV and decent breakfast included. Indoor pool was a plus in March.
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites
Thanks for your review and we hope you will visit us again.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Hotel ran out of bedding. Had to sleep on sofa bed with blankets. Dissatisfied
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Very nice
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites
thanks for your review and hope to see hear again.
7 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
"Quiet, clean"
Quiet, clean and a hot breakfast.
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites
Thanks for your review and hope you will vist us again. Thanks Jay
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
Edward
"Stay in Scarborough"
Other than the elevator breaking down and the stairwell being inconveniently located, our stay was quite pleasant. The heating system was by heat pump and thus quiet. The breakfast was fine except for the sugary cereals and no microwave to heat oatmeal. A good buy for the money.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Quick getaway"
Good clean room. Few repairs needed in bathroom but nothing major. Comfy bed and the breakfast was simple but good.
2 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Ross
"Rude staff"
Staff was rude, unhelpful when charged twice, key cards deactivated an hour before check-out but no one bothered to tell us to expect that to happen. Waffles were good, though.
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites
We are apologizing for that and hope you visit us again. Thanks GM
"Last minute savoir"
We had a flight cancellation while driving to the airport and needed a hotel at the last minute. We found this hotel on Hotels.Com at a great rate and it was a last minute deal price. The hotel was clean and with 2 teenage boys, a refreshing change with 2 queen size beds, not doubles like most. I would highly recommend this hotel again.
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites
Thanks for your review and we hope you will visit us again
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
robert
"Poor staff"
Staff was rude, key card deactivated an hour early, we had to chase down housekeeping to get into the room after breakfast. Do not recommend.
Response by Comfort Inn & Suites
Keys were deactivated automatically at 10 am because of time change we would change the keys any no of times with out any trouble or ? we are not Rude for that its the time changes for the season. Thanks
1 night trip with friends Mar 2, 2015
"terrible customer service, nice hotel"
After calling to confirm there was no specific time to check in, we were rudely treated when we arrived at 12:30 to check into our room. The desk attendant didn't greet us when we entered and reacted rudely when I expressed that I did not need the extra room that hotels.Com incorrectly booked. The room was clean and breakfast was how I would expect. Our key card also stopped working an hour before check out, we had to find housekeeping to get into our room. This was an issue that was explained to me at the desk at check out but I couldn't understand why I wasn't informed at check in that we might have an issue.
"Just what I needed"
Needed a room in Scarborough while visiting family. Came in the dark and left in the early morning. Service was prompt and courteous at the desk and the room was exactly what I needed.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Kathleen
"Good place to lay your head."
Short over night stay. Shower was very grungy but everything else seemed fine. Breakfast was blah. I don't know if I would want to spend a week here but fine for a place to stop for the night.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015