All hotels in Shanghai, China
7 Zhao Jia Bang Road, Shanghai, Shanghai, 200032, China, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"HOTEL ?"
PARKING NO GUIEDENCE . THEY HAVE FEW BUILDINGS AND COMMON PARKING FOR ALL. RECEPTION LOOK LIKE 2 STAR HOTEL , STAFF CANT UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH. ROOM TOO SMALL .
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
VIKI
"Rayfront Hotel, Shanghai, China"
The hotel is downtown and an easy place to leave for sightseeing. There is a mall located within 5 minutes with many food courts including some Western restaurants. We declined to eat in the hotel. We did not feel that those facilities would meet western standards. However there were many restaurants here the hotel. The service was good. Laundry service great! And the staff tried to help in every situation although English speakers are limited. I would stay here again if visiting the Shanghai area.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
Marion
"Great value in a good location"
The Rayfont is an amazing value in a city with high cost real estate. I stayed in one of the Deluxe Business Suites (really a 1 bed apartment) on the 22nd floor for 9 days starting July 5th through Expedia. Much better than a hotel room at the Hilton or Marriott at a fraction of the cost. It was located in the building 2 next to the hotel. The apartment was quite nice and well furnished. It was 900 square feet with a small kitchen, dining area, living room, large bath, large bedroom, and a balcony. The kitchen had small refrigerator, coffee maker, stove, washer / dryer combination, and sink (but no microwave). Oddly, there were no plates, bowls, pots, pans or utensils. These could be rented for about $20 I was told. Otherwise it was a well equipped kitchen. The washer and dryer combination was difficult to use since everything was in Chinese but a staff member advised me on what settings to use. The AC worked well in my unit and could freeze me out when it was 97 degrees outside. There is also free parking in case you have friends visit with a car. The pool and gym is about 1/4 mile away at a sister hotel. Altogether the Rayfont complex is 2 hotels and about 14 residential buildings of about 38 stories . It was also odd the balcony had no chairs but I took a couple of chairs out from the dinning room which worked nicely. There is no working wifi but I hooked up my laptop with DSL using a cable which worked fine. I paid the extra $6 a day (max) to have internet access.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Ed
"Dreadful"
Dreadful customer service. The front of house staff will have you thinking of returning to the airport almost immediately. Front of house staff are lazy, unkempt, and will not help you with anything. They laughed at me when I came downstairs at midnight looking for painkillers after being very sick, and spend most their shifts on their phones with their feet on the desk, or ignoring the endless queue of people who are waiting to be assisted. The "Suite" I booked was never cleaned properly, the sofas and floors thick with black hair, and the shower curtain had half a foot of brown mould growing up it. The kitchen doesn't stock a kettle, silverware, plates, or anything to eat or drink out of. The bed mattress is rock hard, the curtains don't close properly and the sheets are not changed despite being requested daily. The bathroom is old, the fixtures leak, are dirty, and no shampoos or soaps were provided despite a 9 night stay. The managers are lazy and slow, and the only good thing about this hotel is the concierge who would translate you intended destinations into Mandarin. The door staff do not help with taxis, nor do they speak any English.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
"convenience"
Satisfied.
6 night trip May 18, 2013
"High-rise Condo-style Hotel near Shanghai Metro"
This contemporary high-rise condo-style studio was a great value for the price I paid. Also, it was quite busy with overnight bus tourists. Breakfast is offered, or there is a high-end coffee bar located in the lobby. Shanghai Metro's Jiashan and Dapuqiao stations (Line 9) are each about a 10 minute walk away. Interesting local shops and eateries are just outside the front door.
Other trip May 2, 2013
"Decent hotel, no convenient internet connectivity"
The hotel itself was not bad. The staff appeared to keep the rooms in a decent manner. However, the bathroom door will not close all the way --- not the biggest problem in the world since I stayed at the hotel by myself but may be an issue for other people. I specifically reserved Deluxe-Twin Room because the description mentioned "free high-speed internet" with the room but the staff mentioned the availability of paid wired internet service. I felt pretty deceived by it since I specifically made the choice based on the availability of internet but given the price and the location, I can see myself going back there again.
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"very decent hotel for the price"
My stay overall was quite satisfactory. I stayed for a week at this hotel. This hotel feels rather a serviced apartment (not a hotel). This is the feeling you get in the lobby area. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel is the lobby area. it does not give you the feeling of staying in a hotel. The lobby was cold and uncomfortable. Otherwise, the room was very cozy and clean! The bathroom was excellent, in fact I loved the bathroom - very modern and clean! The location was not so bad but had to meander around to find some good food places. It was quite convenient though.
6 night business trip Mar 1, 2013
"Good Hotel"
Friendly staff and nice clean room with all amenities. Little out of the way from main tourist spots but still near enough. Good location if you want to get a real feel for Shanghai and its people. Definitely would stay here again.
3 night trip Jan 19, 2013
"Great location and nice room but rude staff"
This is a very convenient central location in Shanghai, within one block of the subway and with good restaurants and coffee shops in the neighborhood. There is also a shopping mall within one block.' The hotel and room were very clean. The two things against this hotel were (1) no free internet and (2) the staff were unfriendly to point of being rude. However, I would book this hotel again because of the location and price. Wifi is available at coffee shops just one block away.
6 night trip Jan 2, 2013
"Raymonts in Shanghai"
This Raymont is on the north side of a large apartment complex from another Raymont on the south side. I have stayed at both. This one is in better shape than the other. But the other one has the nice indoor pool. Though this Raymont says they have a pool, you actually have to walk outside for 5 or more minutes to get to it. Both are great value for the money.
Other trip Dec 9, 2012
"So so.."
The staff was not professional. Their English was bad. No wifi in the room. Still using dial up cord in order to connect Internet.
Other trip Nov 23, 2012
"convenience"
satisfied
3 night trip Nov 2, 2012
Close to shopping areas and bus/subway. It's serviced apartment style lodging. Some of the rooms are located in next building so it can be slightly inconvenient. Clean room, the suite I booked is spacious with kitchenette. Overall good place to stay if it is close to where you want to be.
3 night trip Oct 22, 2012
"You get what you pay for."
Wifi only in coffee shop area and that was very poor. Food not great.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"Very Nice Hotel"
I was very well pleased with the hotel and staff for the price that I paid per day.
3 night trip Oct 23, 2012
"Comfy bed!!"
The hotel staff was cordial and most knew English. The bed was very comfortable which you don't always get in Asia. The water for the shower/bath never got warm enough...luke warm was about it.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2012
wildheron
"Great hotel for business trip."
Good location, good price, great choice for business trip.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"Convenient Location"
Economical and hotel worth the price. Close to No. 9 Metro line and the new mall which provides convenient communication and various eateries. Highly recommended.
6 night trip Sep 29, 2012
it is not 4 star holet. only 3 the most.
7 night trip Sep 16, 2012
"Close to shopping"
Was a nice place for the money can't beat the price people are nice service was okay and the French quarter was phenomenal overall I would stay there again.
5 night business trip Sep 17, 2012
"Its OK"
The hotel is somewhat well located close to the Subway. I asked for a non-smoking room and got a smoking one, it was clean and it did not smell but after 2 days, I could smell the smoke from other rooms. It is a bit run down. The price was good, if I return to Shanghai, I would probably try a different hotel. I would not recommend it to anyone. Its was not horrible but not good either.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2012
Carmen

"OVERVIEW."
Accommodation very comfortable English channels on the T.V including CNN for news in English, very good location staff helpful and friendly would stay again in the future.
4 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
Roy A.
"Business trip"
Nice to stay and near train station.
3 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
anisa
"Power Shower"
Swimming pool advertised to look like it's in the building but it's in the middle of a residential area. Room a little grubby but shower was incredible! Really good location to metro and French Concession area and about 20 minutes from The Bund.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"Turtles service"
No free wireless wifi
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
HON SING
"Short Business trip stay"
Hotel location is good, is more like a service apartment than hotel, front desk staff are always busy. Price is reasonable for the location to move around town.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
KokPing
"OK hotel Shanghai"
I have stayed several times in the hotel and it is well positioned to access metro and there are plenty of dining options near by. However, the rooms are looking a little tired and in need of some refreshing. The hotel staff were not very helpful when I arrived as they could not find my booking, I do not speak Chinese and their English was not very good.
1 night business trip May 25, 2015
Clean, comfortable and convenient. Room service everyday.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Location is great (that's about it)"
I usually stay there in SHA due to location. The hotel is not a nice hotel. It is fine for staying a couple of days on biz trip, but would not stay there with my wife. But it is in a great neighbourhood, as it borders the French Concession, a great location for foreigners. Plus, where else can you get great location at such low prices?
2 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Good value but limited customer service"
I stayed here for 8 days. The location is GREAT which is why I would consider staying there again, and is excellent value as you can walk to Xintiandi, Huaihai, Taikang Lu, French Concession etc very easily. I was a bit disappointed with elements of the customer service. When I arrived there was a storm and when I tried to contact the staff to tell the taxi driver the address, they passed the phone around for ages (while I was getting soaked...) and didn't understand what I wanted (I do speak some Chinese so this was a bit weird) so the taxi driver had to explain. When I got there, soaking, the concierge was 'too busy' to help with my huge bag to a different building. They advertised that they had WIFI in the rooms when they didn't. When I asked for an iron, twice in one day, it wasn't put in the room. It was only the third time the following day and being grouchy with them when they finally did something. Checkout was ok and the concierge was very helpful getting a taxi etc. Don't expect much friendly treatment and there's a lack of professionalism but hey, it's good value.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
L
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
The hotel was as good as I expected And we get a good serves and now just am waiting to get my deposit back
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
kameel
Don't stay here. Rooms stink of drains, it's dirty noisy old and tired. Needs to be knocked down
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Hotel should prepare a free wifi in a room"
I'm happy in stayed at rayfont downtown hotel.The location is very good,walking distance from a metro. Many restuarant and shoping at the station.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Suwit
"very good location and safe place!"
Only has wired internet. even you pay RMB 36 per day, the connection is still sucks!!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Broken but nice room"
The hotelroom looks really nice and a good view. Nice bathroom. Unfortunately we had a few problems with things who didn't work in the room. The refrigerator should be cold, not warm as the receptionist told us when we comment the problem. Also problem with the shower and the sink in our bathroom. The room was freezing and the heat didn't work at all. Hard to communicate in english with everyone who work here. We stayed here for 4 nights and we enjoyed it overall. The location is fine.
4 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
Malin
"nice hotel near mid town"
is okay , nothing special. just near mid town. this hotel near rail station
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Eddy
HK
"Near amenities n shopping but service bad!"
Stay here only if can speak Chinese. Almost all the people are Chinese. The young guy (on duty on 16/12/14)in charge of calling taxi for us was extremely helpful!☺☺
3 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"AVOID"
Awful service. Dirty smelly rooms that are under poor management. Service was terrible and the staff very rude. We booked for two nights, checked in, saw the room and checked straight out. When we asked to check out they didn't even bother to ask why. Also when we asked for a refund the hotel refused. Currently under investigation from hotels.com over their service and misleading information/pictures. DO NOT STAY HERE!
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Basic hotel without wifi"
Firstly, the hotel lobby is a disaster and don't expect a warm welcome from the hotel staff who constantly look stressed and put upon. My first impressions are terrible and despite saying there is interest, please be aware that there is no wifi so anyone with a vague new computer or a mac will not be able to use the cable. There is a cafe in the lobby which has wifi. The hotel seems to be constantly busy and messy with staff who are not pleasant or interested in making your stay pleasant. The room was actually fine, small but physically OK. One one staff member spoke english and on the second day my toilet wouldn't flush. The room was freezing and despite making several complaints I finally was given a duvet and my windows were opened everyday. By the 4th day a mysterious smell preceded my room and after much complaining I was offered an upgrade, which was fine. The room was bigger and warmer but the toilet didn't always flush. The location was ok but the hotel had only 4 lifts and it was constantly busy and difficult to get into the lifts. While this is cheap, I wouldn't recommend this or go back again.
SH
"acceptable level but won't come back"
Bed sheets and linen were clean and comfortable. Close to metro station and some tourist attractions. But Many stains/marks on table and remote control dirty. Power from plugs on walls sometimes would just stop and I had to change where I plug my chargers so many times.. Not sure if it was hotel thing or other problem. Didn't get good impression. from positive reviews here I expected more.
HK
"Rayfont Hotel review"
The room didn't have WiFi even if it was not mentioned in the web site. One of the towels we used was stained. The service at the reception was very slow and inefficient, it took 40 minutes to check out the last day.The location of the hotel is very nice and convenient but the overall opinion is not positive.
2 night trip with friends Nov 5, 2014
Chiara
"Stay at Rayfont Downtown"
The rooms were goods and the hotel is also well placed from the station. Certain fit outs were not working, however probably that maybe an abbration rather than a rule. However the staff at the reception and concierge desk is not very cooperative. Further the hotel has many rooms but the number of people attending the guests at the reception and concierge are so few that there is a lot of waiting time.
3 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
Niren
IN
"Wonderful stay"
The hotel is an apartment hotel, rooms a bit small, does not provide breakfast, front desk very good offers free parking, next to a shopping mall ASE, you can buy clothes, eat, very convenient!
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
ZHOUJUN
"not to recoment"
they not vacuum the carpet and take away coffee and tea and body soap not fill
5 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Excellent value for money . Only problem was that my bed needed a new mattress-springs sticking out & due to usual language abilities of staff in Chinese hotels couldn't report this.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Jean
"HOTEL IS REALLY NEED AMENITIES"
LOCATION IS GREAT, SIZE OF ROOM IS GOOD AND CLEAN, STAFF ARE FRIENDLY, BREAKFAST IS NOT UP TO STANDARD, OR MY EXPECTATION IS TOO HIGH. WE CAN GO ANYWHERE AS THERE IS A STATION NEAR BY AND IS ALSO EASY TO GET CAB.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
KAREN
SG
"Value for money"
Old and poor maintenance but acceptable. Swimming pool and gym are few blocks away in this condo style hotel. If you take Metro to Dapuqiao station exit 4, you need to cross 2 roads (zebra crossing straight from metro exit, turn left, turn right, & cross 1 big traffic junction on the left) to reach this hotel. However, for the price I paid, I have no complaint because it is value for money for budget travelers.
5 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Siew
SG
"Nice hotel and convenient."
I am very satisfied with this hotel with this price.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Not quite 4 star"
No wifi in the rooms, no wifi for anyone from overseas unless you have a china number. No room service, my air con didn't work properly, fridge was broken. The guys looking after bags and arranging taxis were helpful, girls on reception quite rude and unhelpful. Definitely would not stay here again. When I couldn't get room service they would not even call a take away place to order food delivery. I found the back packers I stayed at better service than this.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014