All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
640 South Main Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90014, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.5
    2.6
"Cool Place"
Great for the price! The orange juice is sunny d lol
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Whitley
"Very beautiful hotel popular area"
I did not like the fact that my room did not have a restroom inside the room we had to walk out in the hallway to use the restroom. There is no parking available for guest staying at hotel they send you next door where you can be charge $15-$20 for the night.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"The Cecil"
Had I known they changed a $50 deposit. I would not stayed.
1 night trip May 13, 2015
Sandy
"One night in the city"
Not bad for a quick stay in the city. Opted for a private room and private bath. The room was a little tiny and the floor was dirty. Otherwise your typical motel room stay.
1 night business trip May 9, 2015
"Noisy and uncomfortable"
Took the risk and stayed for 1 night. It's very old and in need of general improvements. There was a long line and wait at reception checking in. They ask for a $50 deposit for damages that do not return checking out, but several days later. Worse they lost my paperwork and could not good my receipt. The room was bare but OK for 1 night. The bed was hard. My neighbors were very noisy, yelling and moving stuff around in their room and hallways all night. Not recommendable!
Other trip May 15, 2015
Manuel
"Good Hotel"
For the price posted. It was pretty good. The hotel was in the center of DTLA. I didn't expect fancy hotel for a price, but this one actually gives justice to those who wants value for money stay and you get free continental breakfast for the price. The guy in the front desk (i forgot his name) is so helpful and very cool. I checked in early and he checked and see if the room is available (good thing it was) and he immediately take care of everything. Rooms is clean and enough to move around. For this type of hotel, i would give thumbs up.
1 night trip May 13, 2015
"Lost Weekend"
The lobby is super swank. You think you're in for something special, and you are...just not what you think. After waiting in line for 30 mins to check in, we were almost charged again for the room, the clerk was not interested in my input, though I knew a lot more than she did about my booking. She was curt and unpleasant. The halls are clinical, it feels like an institution. There are no wastebaskets in the shared bathrooms. The bed was flat and somewhat unforgiving, and the city outside is loud all night. Don't stay here if you're not cool with serious urban grit. All that said, I did enjoy my stay here. I felt like I was in the film Lost Weekend, trying to kick my alcoholism and failing horribly, living in a weekly rental room with a shared toilet, and hiding booze by hanging it out the window on a string. Good times. :)
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Tracey
"Satisfied"
They met my needs and provided excellent service. Front desk had a little attitude but its not bad to the point where U wouldnt stay. Rooms need AC, small fridge and microwave. Would help
2 night business trip May 2, 2015
Bianca
Disliked that they don't have their own parking. Didn't like the valet service right next to the hotel.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Lack of in room entertainment"
the rooms didn't look exactly like the picture online. Its smaller than the pictures. the bathrooms that are shared are small, you can barely move in a circle. the room has no cable, no a/c, no heater. The breakfast was really good. warm waffles. but that was all they had. Waffles.
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Tonisha
"if your looking to stay for few hrs its ok.."
I have never stay in a hotel like that but for the cheapest price and been an emergency for me think it's ok.. I didn't like the smell if cockroach spray on my room, I had to get out of the room and open the window cause the smell was bad the shower and bathrooms were outside which was very uncomfortable. For who ever wants to be in a hotel for couple of hrs its fine but not more than that..
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Price/Convenience"
Definitely worth the price. I got a room with bath. Convenient. Central downtown location. My intent was to have a place to sleep, not visit a resort. The Main fits the bill to a tee. They could do with more staff at check in,out.
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
Thaddeus
"great service, but room looks nothing like picture"
Room was nothing like the picture and was a very minimalist hotel for the price. But staff was extremely friendly, in particular a wonderful man named jonah. My girlfriend and i has never been to downtown la for vacation, and Jonah was nice enough to take the extra time to not only tell us the better and worse places to go, but also how to get to all of them either by train bus or subway, and wrote it all down on a hotel provided map. The hotel overall was decent for a quick stay in la, but the staff and Jonah in particular made the trip wonderful
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Alec
"Very much a hostel environment"
It is a hostel in a tall older building in DTLA so room expectations should be filtered through that knowledge. That being said this is now the second time we have stayed here and will do so again. We always get a room with a private bath (my days of hostel living behind me) and that makes all the difference. Rooms are tiny and Spartan but provide the necessities. The only real issue we had was water pressure in the shower, as there was none, but this could again be due to being on the top floor of an older building. We made due. Otherwise there's nothing else about this place that didn't meet my expectations for its rating.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Queen with shared bathroom"
It was a toss up between this and Airbnb for a one night stay in LA, and I'm still not sure I made the right choice. I paid $68.00 for a noisy, smelly room, but at least I had privacy. My room faced inward towards another wing (The building is shaped like an "E"), and the traffic, siren and mechanical noise from what I assume was a generator was quite loud. I suspect a room facing the street would actually be quieter. Don't forget to pack earplugs. The slamming of room and bathroom doors was also annoying, and the room and halls smelled of bug spray. In the end, the creepy history of the former Hotel Cecil was the deciding factor, but I would not stay here again unless I was just in town for a Skid Row bender and guaranteed to pass out every night.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Location"
Excellent location; easy access to buses; major attractions; and downtown. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The free computers in the lobby definitely a very big plus for people who travel without a computer.
5 night trip Mar 10, 2015
"big roach but not bad"
Service was good the front desk clerk very helpful. Room was ok smelled a little funny saw one big roach in bathroom. Wouldn't recommend for family trip.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Adalberto
"Not recommended"
not good. Poor facilities and the room had few comforts. WC and shower were outside the room
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Hostel quality for a hotel price"
Cool lobby in a historic building, but that's about where it ends. The rooms are small and falling apart. They seemed clean, but it's hard to tell how clean it really was with all the peeling paint, rust, and stains everywhere. There is no A/C (which in LA heat is terrible), and the bed was very hard and thin. Check in took over 30mins because there was 10 people in line and only one person checking us in and doing a thousand other things, and another woman who just stood at the front desk and told people she couldn't help them, they'd have to wait in line. Wifi was very slow, and the continental breakfast offered only coffee, cornflakes and waffles, if you wanted to wait in line for them, and it didn't start until 7:30. The shared bathrooms were clean, but the guy that cleaned them did it at around 8 am, right when people are trying to shower. Maybe it would have been better to wait until noon? I know a lot of people are on vacation, but I was late to my conference one day because I had to wait for the shower. They seemed to offer a lot in the way of tours and stuff, which I could unfortunately not take advantage of. They presented themselves as a hotel/hostel, but it seemed more like hostel quality for a hotel price. It might have been fun to stay at with a bunch of friends, because it was a cool building and you could laugh about everything falling apart, but paying $100 a night for substandard everything by yourself made it an unpleasant experience.
3 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Dana
"Disgusting"
The rooms advertised are NOT what they give you. The shower oddly isn't enclosed so when you do shower, it soaks everything and there's a drain in the floor 2 feet from the toilet. No air conditioning! No free parking ($20 a night) The front desk couldn't find our reservation because we booked with Expedia so it took 45 minutes just to get to our room. Just an awful experience.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice place."
Nice ammenities. Things like table tennis and a movie room to enjoy in your spare time. The only things was that when somebody in another room would flush their toilet, the shower water would become scalding hot. So you have to be careful and pay attention.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
The hotel room matched the image, it was nice and quant, but the hotel is overpriced for the facilities offered. Granted there are activities in the lobby (breakfast, movie theater, ping pong), but that doesn't compensate for the lack of air conditioning (at least in my room), television channels, the lack of speed from the wifi, no refrigerator for the rooms (they have a community refrigerator; I placed my breakfast for the morning in refrigerator, with my name on it, and someone took it upon themselves to eat it) the bathrooms are shared (which I didn't mind, but the quality of the showers/toilets were moderate for the price) with no air circulation (so if someone pooped there was a lingering smell), and no sinks in the toilets to wash your hands afterwards (cleanliness). I would not stay there again unless the rate for the rooms decreased.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
The hotel was decent. The outside and the entrance seem give a better impression than the rooms. Everything was pretty old. Main problem was the shared bathroom and shower.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Just a place to sleep nothing more"
Very small simple rooms, the cheaper rooms have a shared bath room in the hall so I always pay a tad more fr a private bathroom. Only reason. We stay is because is super close the exchangela and cheap! If you're looking for something fancy don't stay here, literally just a room and a bed pretty much.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"I would not to stay again"
The room's decoration is only one thing I like from this hotel. Room is clean but no toliet(shared) and shower(shared), no free parking, no microwave and refrige.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Yingjie
"Well it ain't the Ritz..."
Lobby is very nice but misleading. The rooms are small, definitely make sure you get a room with private bathroom. Trust me.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Adele
"Decent enough"
Funky old world style that's kinda' charming and somewhat creepy. Great place to stay if you're not planning to lounge around the hotel all day long. Some might consider the immediate neighborhood a lil' rough but I'm in this part of downtown a lot and as long as you don't look like a lone baby gazelle you'll be fine. Plus the surrounding area is massively fun, unique and worth the visit.
2 night trip Mar 2, 2015
Marc I
"Worse hotel ever I want my money back it was 80%"
It was 80% and no ac room looks nothing like the pic just horrible shower was right next to Toilet just horrible room so small bed was small no cable
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"downtown"
Good hotel. Central LA
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
wade
"customer service should be good."
First of all bathroom is outside, and bed was not comfortable .i don't like the customer service.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
yasen
"Maybe "NOT" Stay on Main"
1) During check-in staff did not welcome me and was not friendly nor professional. 2) Same staff person gave me an old room on a very high floor when there were many empty modern finished rooms on the lower floors. I was not offered a chioce. 3) Staff made me feel discriminated against which put a "bad" taste in my mouth about the Stay On Main! If inquiry about getting into the kitchen had not come up I would not have known about the better finished rooms which was revealed by another staff member.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
A.B.
"Staff and room were pleasent."
Hotel under construction and rehab. My room had already been painted, etc. Breakfast was sparse...no fruit, only waffles and dry cereal also 2 two juices were available. Vending machines had high calorie snacks and water.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"The Cecil is my go-to DTLA hotel"
I've been staying at this hotel for years; since it was the Cecil. It's got a glorious lobby and functional, simple, bathroom-down-the-hall rooms. This hotel often gets an undeserved bad rap. It's lower priced, so what do you expect, anyway? It's a pleasant, safe, clean, simple place to stay. Usually (but not always) a good price. It's got dorm rooms AND regular rooms. I ask for a room with a street view, but the no-view rooms would be quieter. I'm not a fan of their day-glow orange remodel, but this time I got a nice old-fashioned room on the 8th floor, which I prefer. The neighborhood is changing fast. Yes, you are downtown in a big city, so it's a bit sketchy and you're near skid row. But I always feel safe walking around, and there are a zillion interesting things to see and do nearby: the cool old buildings of downtown, good places to eat, Olvera Street, Little Tokyo, the Edison Bar, museums, Grand Central Market, etc etc (may I recommend the Sultan for falafels and the 5-Cent Diner just up the street). Come by train and get off in beautiful Union Station! SUGGESTION TO HOTEL: Please be more environmental. It's 2015! Have a recycling bin! And don't whisk away clean towels and barely-used soaps! Also, add some hooks and coathangers and towel bars, please!
2 night trip Feb 18, 2015
steve
Very clean hotel, rooms a little small, but adequate
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Could've been cleaner..."
I have a shaved head and found a few curly hairs in the sheets plus the baseboard was covered in a layer of two different colors of dust.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2015
Marc I.
"wont suggest"
Different than advertised
2 night trip Feb 20, 2015
steven
"bad"
rooms are too small Toilets are too old and small Room furniture are also uncomfurtable. Loby of hotel is like 4 star but rooms are like 1 star.
3 night business trip Feb 14, 2015
Jamil
"Good, trendy, just in downtown."
I always enjoy my staying in this place. As it is also a hostel it's a great experience to find people with the same interests. Also the breakfast is a plus.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Raul
"Be warned"
First and foremost, this is not a hotel, it's a hostel. They do have rooms with private showers and toilets but they are about $10 more a night. No AC, there is a ceiling fan and a table top fan to cool you off. There is a radiator for heat. I had a private room with shower and toilet and it's a basic room, tv on wall, a shelf under the tv and a nite stand. There is nowhere to unpack, and there are no creature comforts. Fred cont bfast is ok, but for $40 a night what do expect.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"A pleasant surprise"
Very practical & comfortable place to stay. Many amenities helped me feel relaxed & at home for a 1 day stay.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
julian
"Bad, bad"
It was bad experience, it didn't look like the picturesThey post. I don't recommendet, it just a room with no mirror , and shared the bathroom is just no safe. Bad neighborhood.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Maria Isabel
"Hooorrrible Hotel"
It was hoooorrible, horrible service, horrible rooms, horrible breakfast, horrible horrible horrible!!!
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2015
Mohamed
"Stay on main adventure!"
Fourth stay at this hotel! I really like it here it's not a four star hotel by any means. But it is close to the bars and fun. Clean and trendy there are no ac units in the rooms. So on a hot day it gets a little warm in the rooms. But they do have ceiling fans. It's right in DTLA was built in 1927 and is a real piece of art. Free coffee and breakfast haven't tried it yet. But heard it's not bad! I recommend this place great adventure.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Darrell
"worse hotel."
Worse hotel ever, the rooms are no were near like on the pictures. The room is tiny and the shower is the worse, plus the sheets are stained.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Fernando
"DTLA/ stay on main"
We had a queen size room with private bathroom. It was a smaller room, as opposed to a big chain hotel, but I suggest to get one with a private / unshared bathroom or you will feel like it's college dormitory living. It is in the heart of DTLA, so know your surroundings. There is armed guards / doormen in every building, so it's not like it's unsafe, just always be aware of your surroundings. *Perfect location to walk anywhere in DTLA and hit up any boutique or resturant . *Use uber, because cabs will drain the pockets or walk to Pershing train station to ride the train to Hollywood. **Over all a good place to lay your head if you won't be inside all the time. Also, make sure to take advantage of the free breakfast in the morning.
5 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
Vincent
"The service or slightly Poor and the staff was rac"
Racist and judgmental no respect for clients disrespectful and poor customer service I will not stay there again
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Stay away, spend your money elsewhere"
We arrived and when you first walk in it looks very appealing. After some walking around we found the bar area which was completely empty. Not even any taps, decor, kitchen, nothing but empty tables. We also saw the café which was closed the whole time. It seemed like it was made for show. The rooms were small, shower did not work, hardly any space for your luggage. The next door tennants were blasting music all night, yelling, and it smelled of weed. Some rooms did not even have a private bath/shower. Neighborhood was scary to say the least. Would not recommend this place to anyone, especially if you have kids of any age.
5 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"pictures may decieve size of room"
I got to the hotel and felt instantly uncomfortable in the room do to the layout making it seem that much smaller and was very frustrated when the shower wouldn't work. Had to have them send someone up. Overall the room is okay. Just keep low expectations and try to find it at a discounted price
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Jordan
"Never again"
Staff wasnt all that friendly, hard to find parking, not that great of a neighborhood, and very weird rules. I will NOT be back.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Moises
"Never again"
Hotel did not look like the pictures. Run down and very unusually establishment. Rude desk people.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2015