All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America

Great amenities
    Decent vibe
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Stay on Main Hotel Review"
The staff was incredibly nice and the lobby was great. At first glance, seemed like a great cheap hotel to stay at. However, once we get out of the elevator to the where the rooms are located, creepy pictures on the wall, white lights in the hallways, weird sounds, our door was duct taped up..... No complaints about the actual room but the hallway vibe was creepy especially learning about the dark history behind this hotel the elevator ride is just too creepy. Left the night we checked in - could not handle the paranormal vibe
Other trip Nov 10, 2015
Shannon
"I wouldn't come back"
I just wish they would've told me before I booked that there was shared shower/bathrooms so I could've booked somewhere else. They told me as I was checking in and I could upgrade for an additional $23 per night. The room smelled bad and it was constantly stuffy. The second night the vending machines were all out of water. The security guard who didnt speak any english basically told me to go somewhere else (out in the sketchy neighborhood) to buy water. Given this hotels grim past (which I had no idea before booking), I would never go back.
3 night trip Oct 30, 2015
"American Horror Story Hotel???"
This hotel was the American Horror story base hotel idea. The hotel has a past of questionable deaths meaning it maybe haunted. I stay here on Halloween night looking for trouble (or fun). I didnt run into any ghosts only a few creeps on the streets on Halloween night.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
rick
"I wouldn't stay there again!"
Good: Free breakfast close to convention and staple center Bad: very noisy walls are too thin street is very loud and impossible to sleep with that much noise some rooms don't have their own showers, be carful when booking very scary neighborhood at night
4 night business trip Oct 22, 2015
"Big mistake"
This establishment deserves zero stars. Do not stay here. This is not a hotel, it has hostel type accommodations. The neighborhood is beside skid row. Avoid at all cost!
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
"Nice hotel in down town"
If I go back to L.A I'll definitely stay in the same hotel. Its nice and good place to be.. The only thing that I didn't like it was because there is not parking lot, they should have parking for the guest, because I had to pay everyday for my car to be in a parking space. :(
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
fer
"Nice reception area thats about it"
Some staff very unhelpful, room had no aircon and neither did reception area, which means it was actually cooler outside, which inLA is a feat! Area around hotel very unsafe. Would not stay there again.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
"Our worst experience ever!!!"
awful....!!!!
3 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Anna
"Nice location for transportation accessibility."
This is my 2nd booking and I feel better than before in terms of accommodation but I want to bring concern regarding your rate upon making reservations. Rates upon reservation is different when payment done upon check in.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
"Shower and freshness"
There was no water pressure, especially the cold water and the hot water was too hot. No A/C so had to leave the window open and all I heard was ambulance all night aside from the trash collector truck. I would definitely not stay there again.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"Accommodating in Emergency"
I was due into LA at 9:00pm the day I checked into Stay on Main. Since the hotel's normal check-in deadline is 2:00am, I had plenty of time to make the two-mile trip to the hotel from the train station. However, the train I was on was involved in an accident and we were 5 1/2 hours behind schedule, arriving in LA closer to 3:00am. I had called ahead to inform the manager of my problem, and he explained that my reservation would processed at the usual check-in deadline of 2:00am, but he would hold my room for me until I arrived. Not only was he true to his word, having kept the room available, but the staff was extremely helpful in carrying my baggage upstairs with me and helping me again when I checked out. To top it off, they served a free continental breakfast -- including fresh hot waffles -- from 7:30 to 10:00am on the mezzanine level. The hotel is not only comfortable, convenient and reasonably priced, with excellent service, but it is also quite beautiful inside. The balcony of the mezzanine has gorgeous carved wood railings, the floors throughout are marble with mosaic tile inlays everywhere, and on every hallway there are alcoves with classical moldings and antique looking vases. It is very striking. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an inexpensive, clean and comfortable place to stay for a short visit to LA. The only down-sides were that there was no A/C, and there was a fairly high level of ambient noise from factories near the hotel.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Legs
it was terriable. soooooooo hot no A/C . we have to used outside restroom and shower.will not come back. over price
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Hue
"Not Worth It"
Rooms are WAY small,no bathroom nor shower in there. Also No AC! Smh
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"depressing"
they have some paranormal spirits roaming around. they don't mess w/ me, but I feel their presence. I suggest you get some exorcists in there and help everyone out.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Crippy"
Someone was in my private room after I checked in. Crippy feeling.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
"Would not recommend"
No AC? It's 2015 come on Rank showers Not much on TV Good luck sleeping with the sheets sticking to you
2 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"Dirty around the edges"
This is a hostel, not a hotel. The rooms are not as clean as pictured. The staff was nice enough to work with me in trying to find a room that was truly 'non-smoking', after the third room I gave up on the search and found another hotel to stay at. There is no A/C, and very little sound privacy. They charged me for the first night, even though they couldn't accommodate a non-smoking room, nor had I ever set down my travel gear during the hour of back and forth. So, I basically got charged for an advertised room they didn't have and an hour of my time trying to work with them.
3 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
"Tiny & Expensive. Worst bathrooms and showers"
The lobby is nice. Once you get to your floor you start to think if the place was in a horror movie. Very small room and bathroom. The like you have a small walk in shower with a bathroom and sink inside your shower. If you shower, anyone using the toilet after will get their feet wet. No tub or anything to separate the bathroom
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Ricardo
I was on the 12th floor, it was quiet. Even though it's an un renovated old hotel, I have to say I got a good nights sleep two days in a row. The clerks behind the counter were friendly and professional.
3 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Catherine
"LA Getaway"
This place is great! My go-to place to stay in LA. Affordable, friendly staff, and clean rooms.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2015
"Pick another hotel"
Room had no AC so we had the window open. Extremely noisy. Ceiling fan was about the size of a desk fan. Pillows may as well have been rocks. Too hot to sleep. Next time I'll hang with the homeless.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"What to expect when expecting nothing"
The room itself was good enough as a place to stay. I was not expecting the bathrooms to be oriented the way that they were, and I was anticipating a better air conditioning. The room itself served its purpose as a place to stay for the night, better for being social with other travelers and seeing the town than spending lots of time in the hotel. The room was clean enough, but I felt it needed fresh paint. The services available were more than enough, providing many little adjustments quickly. Location was amazing, which enforces the ability to explore the town. It is near several major transit lines, some good food, and easy access to great entertainment. Great for passing through or just being in town overnight for a show. But maybe not your weekend getaway.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
Warren
"It was ok, right in downtown"
Only stayed for two days on Main. The hotel was ok and convenient to walk to the metro station. Plus it was right in downtown. The only downside was the area was kinda sketchy and room had no air conditioner, but was hardly there anyways. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to save money without spending $100 a night for a hotel.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
Cindy
"Upgrade of a classic hotel"
Pleasant staff and nice location in downtown Los Angeles. Only downside was it was a hot weekend and a floor fan wasn't cutting it in cooling off the room. Otherwise, I will recommend this place to others.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
The most uncomfortable I've ever been at a hotel. I would not stay there again
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Prisciliano
"Don't recommend"
It has no ac just a fan.. It was so hot!! Our fan didn't even work, and they took like 3 hours to bring us another one.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
veronica
"Stay on Main Hotel"
My expereince was horrilbe no air conditioner and very small room for the mout of money I paid. Very unsatisfied!:)
Angelin
"Never Again"
The room was a lot smaller than expected, the shower wasn't working so we had to bath in cold water like a bird bath. There was no parking for hotel guest so we had to pay an additional 20 bucks for parking. Then there was a $50 deposit that hasn't been credited back to my account, I'm now having to contact my bank to receive that money back on my card. Not happy at all.
"Terrible Vacation"
There was no air, the rooms are tiny, all rooms dont have restrooms , breakfast sucked, no hotel parking, the only thing nice about this hotel is the lobby.
Dawn
"Sweaty night."
No AC in the building.. Couldn't sleep, very uncomfortable..
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
way too hot and crammed
2 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2015
No air conditioning & had to pay extra to have a bathroom in our room as opposed to using one in the hallway.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"awesome stay!"
Great stay!
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Carlos
i stay here often and love it. it's a budget hotel with character and class. if you want luxury, do go elsewhere and pay appropriately. a woman traveling alone, i always feel safe in the hotel and neighborhood.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2015
"good"
Good
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
It was impossible to sleep all night and even in the early morning. It was hot and humid all the time, I won't be staying here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Vanessa
"Not what I expected!!"
I feel that they misrepresented the hotel room. Looked WAY better in the pictures. And it didnt mention that they were communal bathrooms and showers. Veey unpleasant experience. Went from a good birthday surprise to a very bad one.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"disappointed"
you would think that a hotel so pretty in the lobby would be like that in the whole hotel. L.A.is too hot not to have a/c in the hotel; it also reminds me of a dorm where the bathrooms and showers are shared and placed in the halls
3 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
lertia
It was fine, the room with no shower was a surprise for me.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
"DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!"
Worst hotel ive ever seen!!!! 160 for a room "w/ a bathroom". ITS NOT A HOTEL, Its more of a low class hostel. Community bathrooms and showers. Unsafe area, NO AIR CONDITIONING, beds are brutally hard, someone had urinated in the elevator, it was awful and disgusting. Sleeping in your car is a way better option.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2015
"Centrally located in Downtown LA."
Nice lobby, but room was small and plain in comparison to the asthetically pleasing lobby. Shared showers and restrooms which do have doors and locks when in use. You can upgrade to a private bath for $20. No A/C in room.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Gene
"Let the Good Times Roll"
It was definitely a great place to stay! My friends and I really enjoyed it. The vibe and service was great overall!
2 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
Mariana
Creepy
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Elexus
Hi all, stayed at the hostel for two nights then another three a month later. Would I come again - yes. Very clean, great helpful staff, handy location close to lots of transport and other attractions. Good breakfast included, areas to lounge around, free wifi and computers with internet to use. Hope your stay there is as good as ours.
3 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
"Unexpected or dichotomy"
The hotel is a well kept older hotel in a mixed neighborhood. The entry of the hotel is grand and the staff great.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
tdu
Although we weren't in the hotel often it was uncomfortable and the neighborhood is horrible not much to do around the area
4 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
The hotel was what I expected. It is also a hostel so make sure you ask for bathroom and shower in your room if that is something you want. Didn't know it was a haunted hotel as well but we made it out ok. Small rooms but if you're only sleeping there it is fine.
3 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
"DO NOT DO IT!!!"
Absolutely worst hotel in my 23yrs of living. Super hot rooms even with the fan running. Can't open the windows unless you want to hear yelling and cars all night. Bathroom was disgusting with no toilet lid and the shower BARLEY worked. The hallways was nasty and when ever someone opened and closed the door you could hair it all day and night. Woke up at 4am and had to cancel the rest of my stay and I'm not even high maintenance but I WOULD NOT recommend this place at all.Breakfast was ok but it was like having breakfast in a sauna!
3 night trip Aug 15, 2015
Winifred
"Crappy hotel, no air conditioning, over priced."
Very warm and muggy inside the lobby. No air conditioning in the rooms, very small rooms for price that was paid. Decent location, pretty close to some stores and bars.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015